PDA

View Full Version : Catmobilers: Baseball in Chicago??!!!

phesina
06-12-2011, 07:38 PM
I seem to recall Cassie and her mom talking about the Cubbies playing the White Soxies in June, and wouldn't it be fun for us all to head off there next?!!! Cassie, when ARE the games? We haven't missed them, have we?

Just think, bagpipers and Scottish dancing during the 7th Inning Stretches!

Edwina's Secretary
06-12-2011, 07:53 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_5194.jpg

moosmom
06-13-2011, 06:16 AM
*sings* Chicago, Chicago, that toddling town!!!

Oh hell yeah!! Always wanted to visit "the windy city"!!!

momcat
06-13-2011, 07:31 AM
With the crew still on the road, they might be headed out that way. The last message I got from Groucho said they were checking the maps and looking for another place to visit. Maybe they were mapping out the route to Chicago?

moosmom
06-13-2011, 07:38 AM
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab18/deploss/unknown2.jpg

WOOHOO!!!! Break out the weenies and popcorn, the Catmobile Crew is on their way!!!!!!

Okay, I got up this morning and noticed AGAIN that my atm card is gone and all the spare cash I had!:p

catmandu
06-13-2011, 09:31 AM
:love::love:
My Dear Old Mr Scrappy is a Big Cub Fan so he will be there.
My Pouncer is a Jays fan, and My Moose loves the Brewers or at least thier Sausages!!:cool::cool:
I know that Our Angels LOVE Baseball.:cool::cool: so expect a good attendance.:love::love::love:

cassiesmom
06-13-2011, 03:00 PM
Cassie here. The games are June 20, 21, and 22 (a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday). All three are evening games down at U.S. Cellular Field. That's a good place to take in a ball game because it's right off the expressway and the parking is pretty good. We called the box office and reserved a sky box for the kitties and guess what? They said the bagpipers and dancers can perform the National Anthem AND the 7th Inning Stretch! Please come to Chicago, kitties. We can get easily to either O'Hare or Midway for pick-up services, just tell us which airport and what day.

momcat
06-13-2011, 03:18 PM
We called the box office and reserved a sky box for the kitties and guess what? They said the bagpipers and dancers can perform the National Anthem AND the 7th Inning Stretch!

This is so exciting, Cassie! Who will they be playing against? Will the game be on television here in Trenton? Be sure to remind all of your fellow kitties to bring their sunglasses. Also, you might want to ask anyone who has an extra baseball glove to bring it so everyone will have a chance to catch a foul ball. Groucho and Soncat will be outside practicing their pitching (they're both lefties) and catching.

cassiesmom
06-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Momcat, the Cubs are playing the White Sox. They used to do this for one game each season as a charity event before inter-league play started. They'd switch off each year between Wrigley Field and Comiskey Park.

Be sure to remind all of your fellow kitties to bring their sunglasses. Also, you might want to ask anyone who has an extra baseball glove to bring it so everyone will have a chance to catch a foul ball.
Kitties: What Momcat said! Cassie will have the binoculars she got for the Belmont Stakes so everyone can catch the outfield action. The skybox has its own balcony so we can sit either indoors or outdoors, depending on the weather. All three games start at 7:10 PM and the kitties can go to one, two or all three, depending on what else the kitties want to do while you're here in Chicago.

dehlers43
06-13-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm beginning to think Franklin and The Princess are never coming home....:rolleyes:
Text from both: Need more $$, Cubbies are cool.

sigh......:D

cassiesmom
06-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Kitties, the two teams are also playing at Wrigley Field on July 1, 2, and 3. All three are day games. Friday, July 1 and Sunday, July 3 are 1:20 PM starts; and Saturday, July 2 is at 3:10 PM. I had my food lady book us a mezzanine suite for all three games. Like the Cell, Wrigley's suites have both indoor and outdoor seating from which to watch the game. So ... kitties ... it's up to you if you want to see them play at U.S. Cellular Field in June, Wrigley Field in July or both (or neither).

Purrs,
Cassie

p.s., if you stand behind home plate at Wrigley Field, you're facing northeast; and at U.S. Cellular Field I believe you're facing east.

Pinot's Mom
06-15-2011, 06:59 PM
I had sent a message to Pinot, as the Catmobile is still on the road (and suspiciously silent), and finally got a message....from the Catberry....

"~~~sigh~~~ MOM, you REALLY don't have any faith in us, do you?? Of COURSE we have this covered! We'll be at the June Cubbies games, of course, where did you think we'd be? Sheeesh! I've been in contact with the kitties who aren't with us yet, and we'll be picking them up. Anyone who hasn't called me, please check in!

Love you, Mom!

Purrs, Pinot"

phesina
06-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Pinot, we're in.. bagpipes and dancing shoes and kilts and all!!!

katladyd
06-15-2011, 10:46 PM
My boys are all excited about going to a real life ballgame! Ming, of course, can't wait to play the 'pipes with the guys.:rolleyes:

momcat
06-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Elyse, I just got a message from the Catmobile contingent. Several of the kitties are asking if either of the stadiums have a haggis stand along with the hot dogs and popcorn places.

cassiesmom
06-16-2011, 06:15 PM
There's a place called The Duke of Perth, just west of Wrigley Field, and the Cubs' caterer will work with them to have haggis in the reserved suite at the ballpark for our kitties :) I believe U.S. Cellular Field uses the same caterer, so I would think they can deliver to the kitties' sky box there as well.

By the way, the Cubs' front office has also extended an invitation to our pipers and dancers for both the National Anthem and the 7th Inning Stretch.

astrid
06-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Hey Pinot! I've been trying to call you sweetie, but no answer!
Can you pick me up at the airport?? Please call me back ASAP.

Purrs,
Sophie
--posted via CatBerry Mobile--

Pinot's Mom
06-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Hey Pinot! I've been trying to call you sweetie, but no answer!
Can you pick me up at the airport?? Please call me back ASAP.

Purrs,
Sophie
--posted via CatBerry Mobile--

Gotcha covered, hon, sorry about my phone - had to charge it for a bit, it's been a little busy...:)

momcat
06-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Groucho called a short while ago. The Catmobile expects to arrive in Chicago sometime this afternoon. After they meet up with a few more kitty friends the group will go for some Chicago pizza and follow that up with Eli's cheesecake. Tomorrow the ladies are going shopping while the guys sit back and relax as the bagpipers practice "Take Me Out To The Ballgame". The Cubs have invited them to come for a tour of the stadium before the game. Groucho was thrilled when I told him they will have haggis at their skybox. I heard a loud cheer when he told the others.

cassiesmom
06-18-2011, 08:51 PM
I got a call from the Duke of Perth confirming the haggis arrangements. It's a 1:20 start so I requested 10:15 AM delivery. That way the haggis will be there while the pipers and dancers are warming up. Wrigley Field's catering company is giving some thought to adding haggis and other Scottish foods to the current ball park menus :)

cassiesmom
06-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Text from Cassie:

Hi Meowm
The Cell skybox is very nice!
Cubs won!
We ate haggis and the pipers and dancers rocked!
Lubz
Cassie

momcat
06-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Got an e-mail from Groucho:

Hi Meowmie and Soncat, We're having so much fun here in Chicago. The ball game was very exciting but no fly balls came our way. When we got to our skybox a table was filled with haggis, shortbread, crab legs, shrimp, ribs, Chicago Pizza, and hot dogs. Everything was soooo yummy. Tomorrow the Cubs invited us to come out early, they're going to let us practice with them and run around all the bases. We can even chase after the baseballs during batting practice. Cassie is taking us sightseeing so I have to go. See you whenever.

Purrs and kisses,
Your Groucho

katladyd
06-22-2011, 01:50 PM
I just got a voicemail from the boys: Bagpipes playing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" along with two kitty voices trying to sing(?) along.:rolleyes:

Pinot's Mom
06-22-2011, 03:18 PM
I have the feeling there were two 'BFFF's' involved there! ;)

astrid
06-22-2011, 04:42 PM
I have the feeling there were two 'BFFF's' involved there! ;)

Oh! That's what it is! I heard a voice mail from Sophie and I heard something like...

"Take me out
To the ball game
Take me out
With the crowd..." :rolleyes:

Well, it's good to know all the kids are having fun while I work... (sigh)

cassiesmom
06-22-2011, 11:54 PM
Message from Cassie:

Hi Meowm
Sox led the series 3 games to 2 - They play again at Wrigley a week from Friday. Would you confirm the haggis order?
It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I am not sure what we're doing. On Friday we are going to Arlington Park to meet the Horsies! Beyond that I don't know. We'll swing by the Eli's factory store for cheesecake on our way up there.
Would you go to the feed store and get Chicken Soup dry food for us. And some carrots for our horse friends from the supermarket, please.
I'll call you tomorrow.
Lubz,
Cassie

dehlers43
06-23-2011, 12:16 AM
Text message from Franklin:
I :love: baseball. I want to be a team mascot - can you make that happen?
And all the fans thought the bagpipes were the best ever - can you buy me a new kilt?

Text message from The Princess:
BFFF and I rocked the house. Please arrange singing lessons for Sophia and me with either Madonna or Lady Gaga. If it's Lady Gaga, tell her not to wear the meat dress - might be too distracting for Soph and me.
Oh and please increase the CC limit. Girls must shop, you know.

sheesh......:rolleyes:

cassiesmom
06-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Text from CAssie...

Hi Meowm
We haz an invitation to Catada for July 1, Canada Day :D!
Lubz,
Cassie

Pinot's Mom
06-27-2011, 03:17 PM
I have told Pinot - she can go as far as the Catada Day visit, but MUST be home for July 4th!

phesina
06-27-2011, 04:56 PM
We'll all be there!.. just a quick trip across the river for us!..

Oh, Catada....

Edwina's Secretary
06-27-2011, 06:56 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/00021.jpg

catmandu
06-28-2011, 09:32 AM
My Dearest HH Lady Edwina Rose, My Canadian Heart sings for you, Your Beloved Juke Joint Joseph loves his California Girl.
:):)
I will show You and Winnie and Tubby Two Angel around all Our Restaurants and make sure that you have enough to eat, and there will be a Found Cat Hotel Picnic all night!!!!
All Everyone is invited, All Angels, All Guardians All The Time!!

katladyd
06-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Ming wants sheet music to "Oh, Canada!". Are our bagpipers up to something?:confused:

cassiesmom
06-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Ming wants sheet music to "Oh, Canada!". Are our bagpipers up to something?:confused:

No paw-blem. Cassie and I can pick it up at Performers Music. They have music for everything.

phesina
06-28-2011, 02:16 PM
My pipers and dancer are all working day and night on "Oh Canada" in order to be all set for Canada Day..

And they already have "The Star Spangled Banner" down for July 4 from the ball games!

momcat
06-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Our bagpipe quartet really must be up to something. The last time they were here the quartet and dancer were very interested in my CDs and spent a lot of time checking them out. I got a call from Ming asking if they could borrow a few of them. Ming said they want to learn "Light My Fire" by the Doors and "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" by Charlie Daniels. He said they really really want to borrow my Steeleye Span CD most of all!

phesina
06-29-2011, 12:21 PM
I told my sister about the latest additions to the playlist. ... and it looks they've also gotten on to her about music that they apparently think *I* might not get for them :eek::eek::eek: .

She just e-mailed me back "They’re also learning George Thorogood’s 'Bad to the Bone.' They’re looking for a recording of 'Muskrat Love' too."

cassiesmom
06-29-2011, 01:11 PM

No paw-blem. Cassie and I can pick it up at Performers Music. They have music for everything.

We also got music for "America the Beautiful" and a song called "Maple Leaf Forever". There's a note on the first page that it is a Canadian patriotic song written in 1867. New lyrics were written for the 2010 Olympics. I love to go to Performers Music!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Our bagpipe quartet really must be up to something. The last time they were here the quartet and dancer were very interested in my CDs and spent a lot of time checking them out. I got a call from Ming asking if they could borrow a few of them. Ming said they want to learn "Light My Fire" by the Doors and "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" by Charlie Daniels. He said they really really want to borrow my Steeleye Span CD most of all!

Now, I'd love to hear the Devil Went Down to Georgia played on the bagpipes!!! :D They should give a concert for PT sometime!!! :love:

katladyd
06-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Okay, maybe Ming and the gang are going a little too far now. He just texted me that he is interested in learning some KISS songs.:eek: "Love Gun" was at the top of his list. I'm getting worried about them, guys.