PDA

View Full Version : No, you aren't bothering me!

Freedom
06-12-2011, 01:34 PM
People often ask if bichons and cats get along. Well most of you on here know that they do!

They can even eat and drink together, lol. This is Sugar and Chestnut.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2011/Junw%2012%20Sugar%20and%20Willy%20and%20Chestnut/IMG_4248Small.jpg

I'm not sure who arrived first, as Sugar's bowl is to the upper left; she has moved over to simonize Lacey's bowl.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2011/Junw%2012%20Sugar%20and%20Willy%20and%20Chestnut/IMG_4249Small.jpg

Bichons -- at least, in my experience -- are pretty easy going, don't mind being close up to one another. Well, except for Darlin' Marlin who has a different idea of "personal space." Anyway, this was the view looking in from the driver's door, one day after our walk at the Farm. For some reason, they all get in the back and then hop over the hammock into the front. This pic was taken by my friend Barbara w/ her phone. I did try to enlarge it, but it loses the quality.

From left, it is Willy, Lacey and Tasha
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2011/Junw%2012%20Sugar%20and%20Willy%20and%20Chestnut/ThreeMusketeersJun32011.jpghttp://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2011/Junw%2012%20Sugar%20and%20Willy%20and%20Chestnut/ThreeMusketeersJun32011Small.jpg

That's all!

Vette
06-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I havent gotten a chance to meet a Bichon in person yet,, but in all the pictures an videos ive seen of several different Bichon dogs theyve all looked like the happy go lucky laid back type of dog. :love:

love the last picture :D they all look ready an willing to go despite where ever the destination might be. including to the vets LOL

robinh
06-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Bichons always seem to be happy. I had people over yesterday and Kirby ran up to everyone and showed them his happy face. He was soooo cute.

IRescue452
06-12-2011, 05:25 PM
I must be meeting the wrong bichons. All the ones I've met have been pampered house pets who are one owner dogs and unsocialized with anybody else (plight of the small dog?). I'd loose my fingers if I tried to pet some of the bichons I know. Kudos to the good owners who socialize their dogs though. Just because they can get all of their exercise in the house or yard doesn't mean they should be kept from learning social skills.

krazyaboutkatz
06-13-2011, 12:08 AM
Very cute pictures.:) You really do have very sweet dogs.:)

Freedom
06-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Thank you for all the comments!

I must be meeting the wrong bichons. All the ones I've met have been pampered house pets who are one owner dogs and unsocialized with anybody else (plight of the small dog?). I'd loose my fingers if I tried to pet some of the bichons I know. Kudos to the good owners who socialize their dogs though. Just because they can get all of their exercise in the house or yard doesn't mean they should be kept from learning social skills.

I do spend tons of time socializing them, both with humans and with other dogs. We discuss the need for this a LOT on the bichon forum I frequent. Sorry you are not seeing the happy go lucky types of bichon, as they are a nice breed when trained properly. They DO need a disciplined owner, as they can quickly take over and become bossy. :D

cassiesmom
06-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Freedom, your flock of smart, happy Bichons and clowder of kitties always makes me smile! :D

K9karen
06-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Freedom, your flock of smart, happy Bichons and clowder of kitties always makes me smile! :D

Ooooo! What she said exactly! :love::love::love::love:

Freedom
06-14-2011, 08:37 AM
He hee, thank you, glad you enjoy their photos.

dab_20
06-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Hahaha too cute!!

My grandma's bichon, "Jewel Jolie", "Bunny", or "JJ" (whatever she decides her name is that week):p, is very laid back. She's very nice, and even though really hasn't been socialized much, gets along with everyone. Bichons really are not the snappy, yappy type of small dog. They are typically pretty friendly.