PDA

View Full Version : Hot time in the old Thursday, tonight? #433

RICHARD
06-09-2011, 03:39 PM
I was looking at the Weather Channel and we are all suffering!

Lemonade and slushies for everyone!

The heat has not been too bad here in KY, matter of fact?

I thought I was going to have a bear of a time getting used to the heat/humidity. It's been a pleasure and I have been able to venture out and do some work in the yard.

-------------------------------

On a side note? Kentucky is a great place with many friendly people.

I was at the University of Louisville clinic for a drs. visit (LOL, that is the only way I'd make it to an institute of higher learning?) and one of the drs. I saw while I was in the hospital stopped to talk to me. She asked how I was doing and was very cordial and friendly.

That left a super impression on me and when I 'get back on my feet' I plan on trying to get a job there!

But back to the bar.....

I want cole slaw, a braut and a cold beer...

Light the BBQ and set the tables. Guests will arrive shortly...

DONE!

mrspunkysmom
06-09-2011, 04:54 PM
This may well be a long hot summer. Oy, I even leave the car windows cracked. I'll take a hard lemonade for the sudden weather change migraine.

Time to kick back and watch a DVD rerun.

Mr. Spunky says hello and good-bye, "I'm stealing her because this computer is interfering with my plans."

Karen
06-09-2011, 05:06 PM
We're currently in the midst of a run of thunderstorms, so it has cooled down considerably, which is nice. The good part about this part of the country is the heat and humidity doesn't usually stick around for very long ...

I know what I'm in the mood for - Cheddar, bacon and tomato open-faced sandwiches made under the broiler! They are easy to make via assembly-line, anyone else want one?

Queen of Poop
06-10-2011, 04:57 AM
Still waiting for the "heat" to make an appearance here. More rain's a coming!

Anyways, its early so I'll set to getting some coffee and tea on. Takers?

Glad to know you're making good progress Richard.

Lady's Human
06-10-2011, 06:58 AM
Can I get some codeine in my slushie?

Please? LOH has the grill going, so if anyone needs some breakfast, let her know what ya want. Lady and I are just going to crash together over here on the couch.

wombat2u2004
06-10-2011, 07:11 AM
A hot chocolate for me bartender.
It was -6 C last night, and looks like it's gonna be the same tonight.
I need warming up.

pomtzu
06-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Can I get some codeine in my slushie?

Please? LOH has the grill going, so if anyone needs some breakfast, let her know what ya want. Lady and I are just going to crash together over here on the couch.

Hey LH - hope you're feeling better with all that codeine. It would make me feel worse - I'm allergic to it! :eek: Nothing quite so painful as tooth troubles. If the grill is still hot, I could go for some scrambled eggs and breakfast sausage links, please. I had a strawberry banana smoothie earlier, and I'm hungry again already! I'm gonna kick back and enjoy today's cooler weather - only supposed to get to 90. Yesterday we topped 100 and a heat index close to 110! YUK!

Pinot's Mom
06-10-2011, 07:52 AM
I know what I'm in the mood for - Cheddar, bacon and tomato open-faced sandwiches made under the broiler! They are easy to make via assembly-line, anyone else want one?

Me! Me! Please? That, and a lemonade slushie with vodka!! Yes, I know it's before 9 in the morning, and I don't CARE!!!

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-10-2011, 07:59 AM
Figures, LH is out of commission so he sticks me with the grill. Well I'm not going anywhere as I am waiting for a phone call.

Wom,

One hot chocolate (my own homemade recipe) coming right up, would you like marshmallows with that?

Done.

Pomtzu,

scrambled with sausage links? you got it. iced or hot coffee with that?

Done.

Pinot,

A cheddar, bacon and tomato open-faced sandwich and a lemonade slushie?

Done.

pomtzu
06-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Thanks LOH!

I'm making cafe latte milkshakes this afternoon - made with real coffee (no decaf) and coffee ice cream and chocolate syrup. Should be enough caffeine in those to keep everyone hopping! :p

If anyone wants to indulge, just holler!!! ;)

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks LOH!

I'm making cafe latte milkshakes this afternoon - made with real coffee (no decaf) and coffee ice cream and chocolate syrup. Should be enough caffeine in those to keep everyone hopping! :p

If anyone wants to indulge, just holler!!! ;)

I will definitely indulge, thank you very much. Especially after standing in front of a hot grill yesterday morning. I could use a little pick-me-up.

Pinot's Mom
06-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Pom, that sounds wonderful! Fill one for me, please! :)

pomtzu
06-11-2011, 11:55 AM
LOH and Maggie:

Cafe latte milkshakes coming right up. I'm taking the liberty of topping them with whipped cream and shaved chocolate too. :)

DONE!

Anyone else care to join us?

Lady's Human
06-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Shaved chocolate? Is this Thursday's or some frou frou bar at the beach? Sheesh!

pomtzu
06-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Shaved chocolate? Is this Thursday's or some frou frou bar at the beach? Sheesh!

If it doesn't have a little umbrella sticking out of the top of the glass, then it's definitely not frou frou material!

Okay - so you don't get the whipped cream and shaved chocolate..........:p

Karen
06-11-2011, 06:30 PM
I'll have one of those milkshakes, and you can give me LH's share of the shaved chocolate, too! :p

Cool and rainy here today, but hey, there's no wrong time for ice cream and chocolate, right?

pomtzu
06-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Ok Karen - one milkshake coming up with double shaved chocolate! I'll make extras for everyone, since the darn internet might make it impossible for me to get back here any time soon.

Wonderful cable company - service gets crappier and rates go higher. I thought my computer was fried since I couldn't load anything last night and this a.m. Called my son - they are on the road on their vacation - and he said it's been that way off and on for him the past couple of weeks too. TV reception keeps breaking up - glad we don't have phone with them too. I'm not touching this one - he can deal with them when they get home - but he will probably end up going back to Dish or Direct TV.

In the meantime - it's hit or miss - so I might not be around much! :p Ok - keep those cheers down, because I'll be back eventually! :eek::p:D

Karen
06-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Time to see if any of their competitors are entering your market!

Lady's Human
06-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Hi guys,

I have been a little distracted of late.

Today was a good day for me!

Champagne and little crackers with fish eggs, clotted cream and all kinds of (LH, watch out!) frou-frou toppings on them.

So distracted you posted in teh wrong thread! :p

momoffuzzyfaces
06-13-2011, 05:41 PM
You can be distracted Richard. Just don't forget to take care of yourself. ;)

I'd love a pineapple/banana smoothie made with almond milk please. It feels real tropical here of late. :D :love:

RICHARD
06-14-2011, 01:54 PM
So distracted you posted in teh wrong thread! :p

Everyone knows that...

Snitches get stitches.

:eek::mad:;)

------------------------

Moff,

Smoothie, pineapple/banana with almond milk.....gosh that sounds really good!

DONE!

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Everyone knows that...

Snitches get stitches.

:eek::mad:;)

Don't listen to him Richard up until recently he has been mental dexterity challenged himself.:D:p

cassiesmom
06-14-2011, 05:03 PM
It's sunny and 75 in Chicago today... could I please have iced tea?

Lady's Human
06-14-2011, 05:20 PM
One iced tea, and as penance for picking on the barkeep I'll serve strawberry shortcake for everyone.

Karen
06-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Oh, yum, I soooooo miss strawberry shortcake in the real world (allergic to strawberries). Big helping for me, please, I'll help clean and slice the strawberries ...

RICHARD
06-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Don't listen to him Richard up until recently he has been mental dexterity challenged himself.:D:p

I'll give him a pass---this time.:)

------------------------

Speaking of strawberries?:eek:

During my illness, I was served a breakfast of pancakes and for a garnish I was given half a strawberry.

THAT was the best freaking strawberry I had ever had in my whole life.....I could taste the sun in it, it was perfect.

So, can I help prep them? I need to find the OTHER half of the berry I ate that day!

DONE?

Lady's Human
06-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Done, you're cleared to help. You get the safety knife, though........

Lady's Human
06-14-2011, 09:29 PM
As an aside, PT (and Thursdays) Prayers for LOH for her job interview tomorrow.........it's been a long, weird trek to get there, but her interview is tomorrow!

gini
06-14-2011, 11:11 PM
As an aside, PT (and Thursdays) Prayers for LOH for her job interview tomorrow.........it's been a long, weird trek to get there, but her interview is tomorrow!

You can count on my prayers LOH..............it will go well for you - you deserve it.

xxoo

wombat2u2004
06-15-2011, 02:36 AM

Best of luck LOH ;)

RICHARD
06-15-2011, 06:57 AM
Prayers and crossed digits.

DONE!

I just made some toast and had a yogurt for breakfast.

I'll fire up some eggs, if anyone is interested?

Lady's Human
06-15-2011, 07:53 AM
As long as there's a pan between the eggs and the fire, sounds good!

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-15-2011, 08:36 AM
"You can count on my prayers LOH..............it will go well for you - you deserve it.

xxoo "

"Best of luck LOH "

"Prayers and crossed digits.

DONE!"

Thanks guys,

Richard I would love some eggs and toast. Did you find the other half of the strawberry? Were there even any left for the strawberry shortcake after you were done looking?

RICHARD
06-15-2011, 10:11 PM
"You can count on my prayers LOH..............it will go well for you - you deserve it.

xxoo "

"Best of luck LOH "

"Prayers and crossed digits.

DONE!"

Thanks guys,

Richard I would love some eggs and toast. Did you find the other half of the strawberry? Were there even any left for the strawberry shortcake after you were done looking?

A double serving of eggs for the Humans.
DONE!

I think I did find the other half.

In CA? Ventura is a HUGE strawberry producing area.

The only problem? They are huge, hollow and have no taste to them. I was very surprised to have a berry with so much flavor and disappointed there was only half!:mad:;)

Karen
06-15-2011, 10:18 PM
In CA? Ventura is a HUGE strawberry producing area.

The only problem? They are huge, hollow and have no taste to them. I was very surprised to have a berry with so much flavor and disappointed there was only half!:mad:;)

That's what happens when you cultivate for size, not flavor. And I get it's all irrigated soil, right? Sad, they "sell" great, but taste like sawdust. Back when I was not allergic to strawberries, we'd pick them locally here in Massachusetts, and they were smaller, but extremely flavorful and yummy.

I should have known then I'd become allergic to them eventually, Ma could only eat them the day they were picked, basically, so we'd pick a mess of 'em, then wash, clean and freeze them that day so she could enjoy them over time.