PDA

View Full Version : Hello! *PIC ADDED*

sumbirdy
06-09-2011, 03:28 PM
hello everyone! It's been so long since I've been on here. Just wanted to give an update on Nathan.

He will be 5 next month. Unfortunately in the past year and a half Nathan has had 3 people decide to step out of his life. Stephanie has not seen him since November 12 2009 and Charles (and his new wife) haven't seen him since July 5, 2010. The worst part about that was they also took his baby sister with them. He's finally getting over it (as much as he can) but it's been pretty rough on him. He deals with a lot of anger issues and is always thinking that I'm going to leave him too. The worst part is neither of his parents will give up their rights. I'm trying to look into abandonment laws, but I don't know exactly what applies to Oklahoma. Neither of his parents have been contacting him or supporting him in any way and his stepmother has said that she doesn't want him. I never thought I'd say this but Charles ended up marrying someone even worse than Stephanie.

Anyway I'll try to get some pics up of him soon!

Karen
06-09-2011, 05:35 PM
I hope you or your parents have looked into getting custody of him, the poor kid needs to know someone is in his life for keeps. Give him a big hug from me, okay?

sumbirdy
06-09-2011, 05:47 PM
That is why I am looking into abandonment laws. I think it would be a whole lot easier to get him if they see that his parents don't want him. Charles and Stephanie have both moved on with their lives and have other children. (Charles has a daughter and another on the way and Stephanie has a daughter and maybe a son) Nathan has pretty much been forgotten. I reassure him every day that I love him and I'm not going anywhere.

phesina
06-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Oh, the poor little boy! He deserves much better than what he has in the way of "parents."

K9karen
06-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Whoa! Stephanie as more kids? :eek:
Gotta say I'm surprised at Charles but, oh well.
Poor, poor, poor Nathan. How heartbreaking. The poor boy is the only one suffering, apparently. Tsk. Tsk.

Looks like it's up to you to love him up and be there for him. I was much older than you, but I have to say, I practically raised my niece and she turned out awesome. Lots of love.

Hugs to Nathan.

Catty1
06-10-2011, 10:33 AM
sumbirdy, it's said that even if a child has no - or bad - parents, just ONE adult in his or her life makes all the difference.

You and your parents are there for him, and that will be his rock.

When he grows up, he can confront his so-called parents.

HUGS and I hope you can adopt him. I found a couple of links that might help:

http://www.ehow.com/about_6367800_oklahoma_s-child-abandonment-law.html

http://public.esquireempire.com/Abandonment-Child-Under-10-Oklahoma-Felony-Okla-Stat-tit-21-851

Any parent of any child or children under the age of ten (10) years, and every person to whom such child or children have been confided for nurture or education, who deserts such child or children within the State of Oklahoma, or takes such child or children without the State of Oklahoma, with the intent wholly to abandon it shall be deemed guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in the State Penitentiary for any period of time not less than one (1) year nor more than ten (10) years.

Here is a link to free or low-cost legal help in OK. You and your parents might want to get some advice first.
http://www.oklaw.org/OK/index.cfm

jennielynn1970
06-10-2011, 11:24 AM
How terribly sad for Nathan, and for you to be watching all this unfold around you. I wish I could tell you what to do about custody, but I know next to nothing about it. I hope that you and your parents will be able to get custody of Nathan. Poor little guy. Unreal that his parents want nothing to do with him. Shame on them!!! :mad:

sumbirdy
07-11-2011, 05:18 AM
Well, here is a picture of Nathan. I can't believe he'll be 5 this Thursday! :eek: Every day he wakes up and asks if it is his birthday and then we go to the calendar and count the days left. He's excited for his cake and presents.

phesina
07-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Oh, what a cute little almost-5-years-old boy! Happy birthday, Nathan!

I'm so sorry to read about his awful family situation. I hope you and the others who love him will be able to work things out for him.

Karen
07-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Hee hee! Give him a hug spin for me on his actual birthday, okay? :)

cassiesmom
07-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Happy Birthday, Nathan! Three more days till your special day! I hope you have a fun birthday!

K9karen
07-11-2011, 10:55 PM
What a handsome boy! Truly, he's adorable. I'm glad he has you in his life. Hope he has a huge party! Happy #5 Nathan!

wombat2u2004
07-12-2011, 03:10 AM
Awww he's a nice lookin' lil fella.
Happy birthday Nathan.
Just give him all the love you can mate, kids know exactly where it comes from. ;)

sumbirdy
07-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Hee hee! Give him a hug spin for me on his actual birthday, okay? :)

I will!

He got to pick out his birthday dinner and it is going to be pepperoni pizza, fish sticks and chocolate pudding. Yes I realize pizza and fish sticks don't really go together, but I did tell him anything he wanted. lol

mrspunkysmom
07-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Hey anything goes together for a birthday! Happy Birthday, young man.

sumbirdy
07-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Here is a picture from tonight. We let him open one present. He was so excited tonight that I barely got him to go to sleep! He asked me if he was going to be really big tomorrow. It's funny how kids think of age. He referred to a woman in her mid-twenties as an old woman. (Actually he thinks of anyone above 13 as being old)

Anyway as a comparison of sorts I'm adding a picture of Nathan on his 4th birthday. (Please ignore the stained nightshirt :eek:) Does he look different? Older? I think his cheeks look a bit less chubby.

K9karen
07-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Yup! He's definitely matured. He's so adorable! I'm glad you all spoil him rotten.

mrspunkysmom
07-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Oh, he haws grown so! And he looks so happy and cheerful!

sumbirdy
07-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Here are a few pics of Nathan on his birthday. Enjoy! :)

sumbirdy
07-15-2011, 11:28 PM
And a couple more...

phesina
07-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Oh, he is just SUCH a cute little boy!

And what wonderful presents and cake he got for his birthday.

Cheers, Nathan, and happy birthday!