PDA

View Full Version : Message from beyond?

Pinot's Mom
06-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Sometimes I wonder if my mother checks in from the afterlife. She's been gone 11 years today, and over the weekend she may have stopped by. As some of you involved in the puzzle may have read, I was looking in one of her cookbooks Saturday (an old New Orleans restaurant cookbook-great one) and, as I mentioned in the puzzle thread, my mother used to tuck notes and articles into books for reference. Two things fell out; one, an article which became the puzzle I posted, and two, a note card reading, in my mother's handwriting (a very recognizable hand):
"Note:
Consomme with caviar and s.cream
Shrimp/Artichoke remoulade

Coffee/I.Tea/Rolls"

This would mean NOTHING to anyone else, but it was a slam dunk to me. This was the menu for just about EVERY ladies lunch my mother served. By the way, my mother was NOT from the South-she was from the Mid-Western U.S. If it was not my mother waving hello, I don't know what else could be! The other funny thing? I don't know HOW MANY TIMES I've been in that cookbook and that note has NEVER fallen out!

Well, anyway, Hello Mother! Yes, I know what day this is! We're fine, thanks for checking!

Thanks, y'all for listening! :love:

moosmom
06-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Pinot's Mom,

She sure is watching you!! My Dad makes an appearance every once in a while. I can usually tell because it's accompanied by cigar smoke. I found a love letter written to my Mom by my Dad when he was in the Navy. I take it out every now and again and read it. Makes me smile!!!

CountryWolf07
06-06-2011, 01:17 PM
I think that's incredible. Absolutely, our loved ones visit us from the beyond. Wherever they are, I know they are here still. My grandparents definitely still 'visit' me from time to time. My grandfather visited me the night after he passed away. He visited me again a couple weeks later, then a month later, and now from time to time, I'll often 'encounter' him in my dreams. Usually when that happens, I'm upset or stressed out over something, and I'll tell you. He always knew what to say to help me feel better and you know, I talk to my grandparents as if they were still here. I'd like to think they're my guardian angels.

kuhio98
06-06-2011, 01:38 PM
No doubt in my mind that your Mom was letting you know she is still a part of your life. No doubt in my mind....:love::love::love:

Karen
06-06-2011, 04:32 PM
"Note:
Consomme with caviar and s.cream
Shrimp/Artichoke remoulade

Coffee/I.Tea/Rolls"

A classic "ladies luncheon" menu for that era - when I am sure the ladies arrived wearing gloves, and everything was "just so!"

Lillycat
06-06-2011, 07:28 PM
........i believe also.......

Edwina's Secretary
06-06-2011, 09:32 PM
By the way, my mother was NOT from the South-she was from the Mid-Western U.S. If it was not my mother waving hello, I don't know what else could be! The other funny thing? I don't know HOW MANY TIMES I've been in that cookbook and that note has NEVER fallen out!

Well, anyway, Hello Mother! Yes, I know what day this is! We're fine, thanks for checking!

Thanks, y'all for listening! :love:

That is as Midwest Ladies Lunch as they come! What a wonderful post!

Marigold2
06-06-2011, 10:10 PM
A sure sign mom is watching over you. Love is so strong.

K9karen
06-06-2011, 10:17 PM
About 2 weeks ago, I was putting laundry away in the master bedroom (mine now) and suddenly the room smelled like my dad. Even Logan raised her head! Thanks for stopping by Dad! Love you always and miss ya! Pretty cool!

RICHARD
06-07-2011, 04:02 AM
LOL,

Sunday we were out for a drive to go visit my rommie's parent's gravesite.

Our conversation turned to my parents and I mentioned my mom in passing.

Less than a minute later the song "ANGIE" by the Rolling Stones began to play on the radio.

Yep, my mom's nickname was.......

Angie.;)

wombat2u2004
06-07-2011, 05:31 AM
Yeah, these things happen for sure.
About 2 years ago I received a family book from England. I was on Pet Talk at the time, writing a message to Candace (Catty1), and as I was unwrapping the parcel a pencil drawing of a cat fell out from inside of the book. Now this book is about 100 years old, and I suspect the drawing is to.
Weird.....weird stuff.

phesina
06-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Oh, these are all such nice stories. Thank you all very much! I can't at the moment think of anything like this that has happened to me, yet anyway..

It's like the Rainbow Bridge.. I HOPE, I WANT so much to believe that things like this are real.

wombat2u2004
06-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Oh, these are all such nice stories. Thank you all very much! I can't at the moment think of anything like this that has happened to me, yet anyway..

It's like the Rainbow Bridge.. I HOPE, I WANT so much to believe that things like this are real.

Your time..........will come.
Dum dum dum dum.....dum dum dum dum (Twilight Zone Tune) :D

momcat
06-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Several years ago I had a very close friend who was in the hospital with a brain abcess, Rick's condition was critical and he was in a coma. One night I had a dream where Rick came over and said he was going away for awhile and not to worry then he left. When I looked out the window, Rick was gone but his brother Ray waved as he went by on a bike. Ray had been killed in an industrial accident a few years before. The next morning Mike (who was about 10) told me he had a dream: he was playing in the field next to our place and Rick came by. They sat and talked for a bit then Rick told Mike he was going away but everything would be fine. Later that morning his sister called to tell me that Rick died during the night. As it turned out, his sister-in-law had the same dream as we did the same night.

Could that have been Rick's way of saying goodbye?

CountryWolf07
06-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Several years ago I had a very close friend who was in the hospital with a brain abcess, Rick's condition was critical and he was in a coma. One night I had a dream where Rick came over and said he was going away for awhile and not to worry then he left. When I looked out the window, Rick was gone but his brother Ray waved as he went by on a bike. Ray had been killed in an industrial accident a few years before. The next morning Mike (who was about 10) told me he had a dream: he was playing in the field next to our place and Rick came by. They sat and talked for a bit then Rick told Mike he was going away but everything would be fine. Later that morning his sister called to tell me that Rick died during the night. As it turned out, his sister-in-law had the same dream as we did the same night.

Could that have been Rick's way of saying goodbye?

Wow! Just wow. Major goosebumps here. Sounds like exactly what my grandfather did, except he did pass away the night after he visited me. He was just smiling at me, adjusting his tie, and he was getting ready to see his love of his life again and just typing this makes me teary eyed. I was very close with them. The next day, which was the wake, and I looked at his suit and tie, and I realized, he had the exact same thing on when he visited me..

wombat2u2004
06-07-2011, 09:54 PM
And not only from the dead .......from the living to.

I had a great aunt, Gertie, who lived some 10 miles away from my Aunty Betty. Gertie was about 95 years old at the time, and lived alone. My Aunty Betty and her husband used to drive to Gertie's house every Saturday morning to clean her house and do her grocery shopping for her. It was almost a weekly ritual, and never during midweek as both my Aunt and her husband worked.
One midweek night, my Aunty Betty was awakened by a sound, and saw an apparition old Gertie standing at the bottom of her bed....she said to my Aunty "Betty, please help me". This was like 2am in the middle of the night.
My Aunty got out of bed, and with her husband drove over to Gertie's house, where they found her laying at the bottom of the stairs with a broken hip. She had been there for two days.
They got her to hospital, but she never lived long after that.

K9karen
06-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Chills!

Nobody, but NOBODY, will ever convince me these things don't happen.

I may have mentioned this....On July 2, 2003, I saw my dad and Cody in a dream. Dad was smiling and waving, and Cody, sat by his side, all smiles and tail waggy.

I woke my mom up and told her that it was a sign that it was OK for me to get another dog. In late morning of July 2, Mz Logan came into my life. Even mom agreed that it was a sign that it was time. I can still remember it so vividly!

gini
06-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Years ago now, when my niece was very young and had just started walking and talking she used to go around the house saying "Bobby, Bobby, Bobby."

We could never figure out who she meant.

My stepmother lived in Las Vegas and became ill and had to go to the hospital. My brother and his wife flew to Las Vegas with my niece and stayed at my stepmother's home.

When my niece walked into the kitchen she walked right up to the refrigerator and pointed to a picture that was on it and turned to my brother and said "Bobby."

The picture was of my Dad - my niece's grandfather and his name was John Robert - but everyone called him Bob.

My brother about fainted and called me right away to share such a special moment. It really makes you wonder doesn't it? But my niece was just
too young to ask her questions about why she knew that was Bobby.

My Dad (her grandfather) passed away in 1988.

My niece wasn't born until 1994.

RICHARD
06-24-2011, 10:32 PM
I came on to find this thread and post a message about a high school friend, who I just found out had passed away..

Dennis C was a pal that I hung out with after high school and lost track of him a while back.

I found out that he had passed from another guy in our group, via an email from Dennis' old GF.

She managed to find out that Dennis had passed away and he was in the county morgue - awaiting a pauper's burial because no one knew where he was and no one had come forth to claim his body.

It was a sad ending for a guy who had a great life ahead of him.

He was the best looking guy from our group-We called him the 'Robert Redford looking (guy)' - he attracted all kinds of women and was on the way to becoming an lawyer.

Money and looks, not a bad combination?

--------------------------------

I came back to CA to take care of some loose ends when I got the word of his passing.

The email his old flame sent mentioned some photos that were taken at Magic Mountain - the huge theme park here in So Cal, a concert he attended (Roxy Music) and some of the other things he loved.

---------------------

I am currently staying at a hotel a stone's throw away from Magic Mountain at the moment.

Last night I walked into a store to grab some stuff to take back to the room and I gal wearing a t-shirt that said ROXY, ROXY, ROXY on the front.

Today I was at my storage unit getting the rest of my belongings packed so I could send them to KY.

My roomie told me that there were some loose albums on some boxes in the corner.

I picked them up and glanced at the album on the bottom and it was by Roxy Music.

The name of the album was "Avalon".

Avalon was a mythical island paradise in the story of King Arthur. Supposedly, KA went to Avalon after his death and, if it is a paradise island?

I hope my friend is there and is finally at peace with himself.

He was a troubled soul from the time I lost track of him and hoped he would appear again, better and free from the demons that haunted him.

In a way?

I guessed that he would never show up again.

But all these little 'coincidences' made me feel like he finally is resting.

I think he deserved that much from life. :(

K9karen
06-24-2011, 11:13 PM
This happened a few months ago. I had forgotten.

My friend's son, age 3, was on his potty with my friend leaning before him encouragingly. Suddenly the little boy points behind her and says "Poppop! Poppop!" My friend was terrified to turn around. "Poppop" had died tragically a week before.