PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request

Nomilynn
11-04-2002, 11:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry this isn't pet related but I guess in a way it is. I am so sick right now. I had a bad cold that has come back three times now, and it's come to laryngitis and a bad cough. Then today it's also flu like symptoms: dizzy, shaking, nausea.. I'm sure you know what having the flu is like. The problem is I don't know why it keeps coming back or what's really wrong. I'm going to go to the doctor tomorrow. I'm also a diabetic and so being sick like this is really dangerous for me, and if I can't get better who will care for Bassett, Tilly and Nutmeg?? :( (that is how it's pet related ;) ) Anyway, I know how great everyone here is about being generous in their prayers and well wishes, and I really need it right now!

Thanks to everyone in advance, and I will keep everyone posted on the doc visit and what's wrong with me. Thank goodness my mom and aunt are visiting right now.. I'm not dealing with it alone!

Thanks all. Talk to you soon.

Naomi

toughCookie
11-05-2002, 12:02 AM
your in my prayers, and I hope you get well soon!

AmberLee
11-05-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by toughCookie
your in my prayers, and I hope you get well soon!

Well said, I concur.

shais_mom
11-05-2002, 12:27 AM
ditto
I had the flu the first time in YEARS on Sat and felt so bad for Keegan. I almost called my parents to come and get her but didn't and she survived! AND behaved!!

aly
11-05-2002, 12:34 AM
Naomi! I know how you feel :( As you know I'm diabetic too and I just got some awful flu / bronchitis type thing. I am really struggling with it right now. Go to the doctor and I'm sure you'll get better. There is diabetic medicine for flus and colds that works really well for me. It tastes ICKY though.

Getting sick and being diabetic is one of the worst things. It hits ya with a double whammy and makes you feel like you're dying. But I know you'll get better. Get plenty of rest and keep your stress level low. Drink lots of water, eat lots of soup, and get lots of kitty kisses.

You will be in my prayers. Get well soon!

Miss Meow
11-05-2002, 03:03 AM
Sorry to hear you're ill Naomi. Hope you get better soon. As Aly said, lots of water, soup, kitty hugs and no stress and hopefully you get back on your feet quickly.

sasvermont
11-05-2002, 03:55 AM
Oh my. Poor Naomi. You will be in my thoughts today. I hope your visit to the Dr. is a positive one. Drink lots of liquids and keep those kitties close to you.

Also, please know that we here at Pet Talk would walk a thousand miles for each other, so don't worry about your pets. We would find a way to take care of those babies. So just worry about getting better and think on the positive side.

We wish you good health and a speedy recovery. Let us know if we can do anything for you.

SAS

((((((((((((((((Naomi))))))))))))))))))

mugsy
11-05-2002, 04:25 AM
Good luck at the doctor. I'm sorry you're ill. I can totally relate (except I'm not diabetic). I'll be taking my second day off of work today with the same symptoms. We can make a doctor date! lol Seriously, I will be thinking about you.

jenluckenbach
11-05-2002, 05:48 AM
Naomi,
Best wishes on a speedy recovery. And consider yourself in my prayers

Cookiebaker
11-05-2002, 06:00 AM
It's never fun to be sick, especially when you are thinking that you are just about ready to be better already!! Much sympathy & warm thoughts sent your way...hope you feel better real soon and the doctor can pinpoint something!!

lynnestankard
11-05-2002, 06:22 AM
Naomi - holding you in my thoughts - it's no fum feeling so ill. Hope the doc., manages to help. {{{{Hugs}}}}} acrod the miles.

Lynne

Pam
11-05-2002, 06:23 AM
We take our good health for granted until something like this hits and you feel like you have been hit by a truck. Naomi I agree with the others - please do take care of yourself and drink plenty of fluids. I'm happy that you aren't alone. Rest up and know that we are remembering you in our prayers.

Cataholic
11-05-2002, 11:13 AM
Naomi, I am sorry you aren't feeling well. Getting the flu really can feel like a mack truck has run over you. Lots and lots of rest, fluid, love from the furrys, and prayers are coming your way. :)

11-05-2002, 12:41 PM
Poor Naomi , being sick is no fun at all , hey ...:rolleyes:
Take very good care of yourself , do whatever the doc says , and rest , rest , rest !!
I will remind you in my thoughts , that's a promise !!!

http://www.salacious.de/Smiliez/sonstiges/schlafen/schlafenslaap.gif http://www.salacious.de/Smiliez/sonstiges/schlafen/schlafenslaap.gif

ps. About ICQ , I'd love to chat !!

ramanth
11-05-2002, 12:52 PM
I hope you beat that nasty flu bug soon!

catland
11-05-2002, 12:59 PM
Get well soon Naomi. We'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

NoahsMommy
11-05-2002, 01:03 PM
You poor thing! My hubby has that same, yucky cold. He is finally getting over it after it came back again. It's really going around down here.

You are in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Take care.

ChrisH
11-05-2002, 03:42 PM
Prayers sent, hope you get well soon.

trisha0503
11-05-2002, 05:51 PM
Hope you feel better soon :( We'll be praying for you ...

moosmom
11-05-2002, 07:06 PM
The flu is the WORST!! I hope you're feeling better soon!

Nomilynn
11-05-2002, 08:18 PM
Thanks everyone,

I think your prayers have been working!

I went to the doctor today and he said that it's only a virus - no bronchitis or anything serious. He said I just need lots of rest and fluids. I felt well enough today to eat again.. so that's a very good sign!

Thanks again for all the warm thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it!

Naomi

sammi
11-05-2002, 10:44 PM
So glad to hear you feel some better - don't push yourself too fast. You guys all take care of yourselves and Aly take care!

anna_66
11-06-2002, 07:37 AM
Sorry I didn't see this until today. Glad to hear you are feeling a little better today & that it's only a virus (those can be pretty nasty too). I'll still keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!
Anna, Angus, Roxey & Huney

HoRsELUvR
11-06-2002, 04:06 PM
I hope you'll be ok.We're all praying for you!

luckies4me
11-06-2002, 04:27 PM
Still praying for you. My furbabies send helpful wishes your way for a speedy recovery. Glad the doc said it wasn't anything worse. Hope you get better soon. :)

jenluckenbach
11-06-2002, 05:45 PM
glad to hear that you are on the way to a speedy recovery

Sudilar
11-06-2002, 08:50 PM
Glad you're feeling better.

Miss Meow
11-07-2002, 04:18 AM
I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Your feline nurses seem to be doing the trick! All you need is a bit of daytime television to really motivate you to get up and away from the indoors :)

iceyshiver21
11-07-2002, 01:13 PM
ahh the creation of sickness, i almost died when i was a baby from pnemonia, but i cleared up than i got it back two months later, now i never get sick,
Im glad to hear your better:) !!

krazyaboutkatz
11-08-2002, 12:07 AM
Naomi, I'm so sorry that your feeling poorly but I'm glad that the doctor said it's nothing serious. Prayers are on the way for a speedy recovery.

Nomilynn
11-08-2002, 12:58 AM
Thanks all! I am feeling much better. I finally got my voice back today.. yah!!!! :D

Thanks so much for all your well wishes!! :D

luckies4me
11-08-2002, 01:08 AM
Glad to hear you are doing better!:D