PDA

View Full Version : They like each other!!

Malibu's Mom
06-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Over the last week I've noticed Buddy being more comfortable around Malibu and Eve. I rarely have to keep them separate anymore. On Wednesday they all appeared to be playing together, but I couldn't tell for sure if they were playing *with* each other or just *around* each other. Well yesterday I drifted off to sleep and when I woke up, I turned around and saw THIS:

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/5539/sprintphotobikddf.jpg

That's Buddy on the left, Malibu on the right! :eek:

I really wasn't sure if Buddy was ever going to like them. We've had Malibu for almost 2 years and Eve for about 1 1/2 years. Up until recently Buddy would hiss, growl and swat at them when they came near. I don't know if he'll ever be friendly with Eve (she's a brat!) but I can see that he will be friends with Malibu.

The reason this is important is because Buddy had a strong bond with his brother Morris and his "step-brother" Tiger. They absolutely loved each other, as you can see here:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5168/5272781917_eee1555827.jpg

(Tiger on the left, Morris in the middle, Buddy on the right)

Tiger had to be urgently PTS in 2008 after a few days at the emergency vet because he went into heart failure. He was 5. Morris passed away suddenly in his sleep in 2010 at the age of 6, from causes still unknown, likely a heart disorder. His "step-sister" Amber had cancer and was PTS almost two months ago at 13 yrs. He's endured a lot of loss and it just warms my heart to see him bonding with another cat again. :love:

phesina
06-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Dear Buddy, such good news that you are finding what wonderful new siblings you have there!

Tiger, Morris, and Amber Angels are all there with you and your new pals!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Freedom
06-04-2011, 07:16 PM
The reason this is important is because Buddy had a strong bond with his brother Morris and his "step-brother" Tiger. They absolutely loved each other . . . . He's endured a lot of loss and it just warms my heart to see him bonding with another cat again. :love:

Oh my yes, I can well understand how you want him to be able to bond. Just sleeping near her is a HUGE step! Well done, Buddy, and Malibu too. :love:

Eve, darling, do stop being such a brat! :D

krazyaboutkatz
06-05-2011, 02:43 AM
This is wonderful news. I hope he'll continue to at least bond with Malibu.:)

momcat
06-05-2011, 04:58 PM
This is wonderful news and a promising start. I'm sure they'll be "Best Buds" before you know it!

catmandu
06-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Our Cats do usually have a way of making accomidations and being friends. Even Miquelito and Panther have become friends , even though they still have thier wrestling matches, its all in fun!!:love::love::love:

lvpets2002
06-06-2011, 10:38 AM
:love: How so Sweet & Comfy they all three look.. great pics thanks

cassiesmom
06-06-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm glad that Buddy and Malibu are getting to be pals and I hope Eve will, too :)

catnapper
06-08-2011, 06:25 PM
I knnow how much this makes your heart swell with joy. You just want him to find the same happiness and cuddling as he enjoyed in the past. This shows some promise! :love: