PDA

View Full Version : I am FREE at last! *Update* 6/23

Laura's Babies
06-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Hello my PT friends! This is Lady Boo and I just had to share with you that I am FREE at last of that things I had to wear around my neck!! I got my stitches out yesterday and my ear checked again and the vet told my Sister Mom that I could go around without that plastic collar supervised for awhile to see how I did without it. If I did good and didn't scratch where he cut me or dig in my ears I wouldn't have to wear it at all.

Well, when we got home, I needed a BATH! So I tired and tried to bath myself with that darn thing on and she saw that and realized what I was trying to do and took it off. Ahhhhh! People! I took a bath like you never saw! I cleaned and cleaned, took me a hour or better of cleaning to get myself clean like I wanted and when I was done, I was wore out! I rested a few minutes and then went right to sleep and slept the whole night (without that collar!). Hopefully, that thing is history! :rolleyes:

Here I was just starting to clean when it was first taken off!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/IMG_0454.jpg

Now you can see I am getting into it!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/IMG_0455.jpg

Got to get that chest... Ewww, that was dirty!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/IMG_0456.jpg

And now I am done and resting, waiting to fall asleep.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/IMG_0457.jpg

Sister Mom says I have been such a real sweetheart through all this, been a real champ. I have loved the attention she had paid to me and how she has taken care of me, says she loves me more now than ever.. I have even snuggled with her on the sofa during all this and I don't snuggle with NOBODY! (She ate that up!) I just hope all this is over with and I don't need to be put in that porta prison and taken to the white coats anymore..

Lady Boo

Freedom
06-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Hi Lady Boo!

My goodness, a gal needs her primping time, and you had it rough w/ that mobile prison for a while now. Glad to see you got in a good Spring cleaning! :D

I saw a bit of that ouchie, still looks sore, hope you can mend well without another "sentence" in the mobile prison.

I am so glad you showed your appreciation to your sister, Laura. She does try hard to keep you well, safe, healthy and happy. I am sure she loves having a bit of a snuggle from you, dear.

Best wishes :love:

Catty1
06-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Beautiful Lady Boo! I bet that bath felt SO good! I hope you stay healthy and happy now for a long long time - no more porta-prison and pointy things! I know your vet was very very good with you though.

Does sister mom still get lap time? I hope so! Stay well, sweet Boo! :):love::love:

Randi
06-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Oh Boo, aren't you just happy to be rid of that collar! :) I loved seeing how you enjoyed a good wash and I'm glad you snuggled up with your mom also. Happy days ahead! :D Hope the sore will heal up without any more problems.

Pinot's Mom
06-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Have a wonderful nap, Lady Boo, you deserve it after your ordeal! :)

Taz_Zoee
06-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Awww, I bet that bath felt sooo good! :D I'm so glad all is well and you are on the mend Lady Boo. :)

phesina
06-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Oh my goodness, Boo... So clean and shiny you are!

You must be SOOOOOOO happy not to have to wear that Lampshade any longer. Prayers that everything heals up fine and you do not to go through that Ordeal in the porta-prison again any time remotely soon.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

3Catcondo
06-04-2011, 03:18 PM
You are looking good Lady Boo! I'm glad you are healing up and you can put that behind you now. I know you are a sweetheart because you're an orangie. They are the best!!!

Healing thoughts coming your way :love::)
The Lewis Kitties
Bailey, Cricket, Owen and Willow

cassiesmom
06-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Hello, Kitty Boo! I am so happy you no longer need the cone! I'm glad you are healing well! I bet the bath and the nap felt very good. I hope Sister Mom gets to enjoy more lap time with you. Big hugs for you and Caramella, Giz, Amy and Samantha :love:!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Lady Boo we are so happy you are free at last. Winnie specially!!! She had to deal with a ebil cone herself a while back when she broke 3 bones. She sends special luvies to you. :love:

katladyd
06-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Boo, I am so happy you no longer have to wear that awful collar! Ming has had to wear one in the past and he knows the great feeling when that awful thing comes off!:love:

mrspunkysmom
06-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Congrats Lady Boo on being free of the cone. You did great with it. Lady Jane lasted 5 minutes with it and it was off.

I pray you keep improving and feel much better.

krazyaboutkatz
06-05-2011, 02:41 AM
I'm so glad to hear that you're free of the big cone and you can now clean yourself.:) I hope you'll continue to do well.:)

Medusa
06-05-2011, 06:53 AM
Good for you, kitty Boo! I'm sure you couldn't wait to give yourself a good grooming once you were released from that nasty contraption. You look beautiful! :love:

chocolatepuppy
06-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Glad to see you're doing better Lady Boo!:)

Laura's Babies
06-05-2011, 09:55 AM
I think all that scratching she was doing was trying to get that collar OFF!!~ I haven't seen her scratch anymore since I first took it off of her.. Her incision don't even seem to bother her now that the stitches are out, so I don't think she will have to use that collar anymore.

I just can't brag enough about our vet who has taken care of our companions for so many years and knows how much we love them. He lost his own dog the day before Boo's surgery so I know he gave her extra special care to make sure she would be alright and he probably prayed the whole time he was working on her. I am so glad we have such a caring vet!

momcat
06-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Hi Lady Boo! You must be very happy and excited to have that mobile prison off now. And I must say how beautiful you look after your bath. Enjoy your nap and have sweet kitty dreams. Sending you lots of feel better lovies :love:

catmandu
06-06-2011, 09:26 AM
:confused:
I am so sorry Lady Boo that I confused Pet Talker with a mistaken identity thread on Boo from Tennessee who passed on recently:(
You are such a Favorite here and we are so pleased that you are gettling settled so well in your Furr Ever Home!!
:love::love::love:

lvpets2002
06-06-2011, 10:43 AM
:love: Your sure looking Good Lady Boo.. You look all healed up now.. Yes sure hope that bad thing never comes back.. Your such a Adorable Baby..

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-15-2011, 04:47 AM
Woohoo Lady Boo!! You look so clean, spic & span!!!
Hope you will get better and better now, everyday!!!:love::love::love:

Barbara
06-15-2011, 06:50 AM
I always think it is worth a check to see whether the kitties really need that collar- not all of them take too much care of the wound.
Congrats on Lady Boo for being so good and happy now.

catfamily
06-18-2011, 10:35 AM
lady bo is looking great laura.
she really has done so well with you.
i am so happy for her and you:love::)

Laura's Babies
06-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Sad to say yesterday I noticed a stream of blood on the kitchen window... Soon as I saw it, I knew what it meant... I have been watching Boo's ear close and haven't seen any sign of any scratching, any blood or any signs of that tumor growing back.. But yesterday, it was all bloody again.. I got the collar out again and put it back on her, got some Q-tips and cleaned her ear up down in there and squirted the medicines down in there the doctor had given me for that.. it's a steroid, antibiotic. I cleaned it again today and gave it another shot if the medication and guess the collar is on for at least a week or until I don't see anymore blood.

Then, I am going to have to watch her even closer than I have been.. I just didn't get my hopes up that when we cut that tumor out, that it was going to be gone for good and that would be the end of it.. I am also watching the place where the one was under the skin that was cut out... The scab is just now falling off of that but I feel that every day for any changes. I am afraid this is not over for us....

BUT, it has changed Boo. She has become a lap cat and a clinging vine with me. We are closer than we have ever been, she fully and completely understands how much I love her and she returns it 100% and makes sure I know she loves me.

Catty1
06-23-2011, 09:20 AM
{{{hugs}}} to you and to Boo. If scabs etc are falling off, perhaps it was a blood blister under one of them? I hope Boo heals up and stays well! Have you called your vet to see what he says?

HUGS again. :love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
06-23-2011, 06:49 PM
The scabs are on the outside where they cut the growths out from under her ear.. The fresh blood is inside her ear. I took the collar off for awhile and watched her and she did good, then she started digging in that ear with her back claws again so I cleaned it up again and put the collar back on. I haven't called the vet. I somehow know this is what he would be telling me to do. Keep the collar on, clean the ear and keep the medicine in it and give it time to heal.

Karen
06-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Poor Boo, give her a kiss for me, okay?

krazyaboutkatz
06-24-2011, 12:59 AM
Laura, I'm sorry to hear this.:( I hope she'll heal up soon. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

momcat
06-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi Laura, How is Lady Boo doing? Please give her some very gentle lovies for me?

cassiesmom
06-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Continued thoughts and prayers for sweet Boo!

smokey the elder
06-27-2011, 09:28 AM
Aw, poor Boo; back in the cone of shame. Get better soon, pretty girl.

cassiesmom
07-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Dear Kitty Boo, how is your ear? I hope you're feeling better!

Laura's Babies
07-05-2011, 01:59 PM
How her ear is depends on how close I watch her and how much she wears that collar. That thing is definitely growing and she will go after it with her nails every 4 to 5 days. I clean it daily and put the medication on it, put the collar on until I am sure she won't mess with it... She'll do good for awhile then she will go after it and I'll find blood on the floor and know she has been at it and have to put the collar back on her (she really is beginning to hate that collar)

I told her I think she and I are doomed to have ear problems the rest of our lives, I just hope hers don't cause her the balance and dizzy problems mine cause me. She just spends a lot of time in my lap but I am not complaining about that!! :D

Catty1
07-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Um... the thing in her ear is GROWING? Has your vet mentioned removing it again?

I just hope the medication will help heal it!

HUGS to dear Kitty Boo, your loving lap kitty!:):love: