PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about this latest planking craze

carole
06-01-2011, 11:24 PM
I can only say i think they are planking crazy myself, but each to their own, but people have died, so that is not responsible planking is it? Have you done planking? would you consider planking? is planking silly? is it just for fun? what do you think.?

for those of you who don't know what it is ,here is a description.

The lying down game (also known as planking[1], or face downs) is an activity, popular in Asia, consisting of lying face down in an unusual or incongruous location. The hands must touch the sides of the body, and having a photograph of the participant taken and posted on the internet is an integral part of the game.[2] Players compete to find the most unusual and original location in which to play.[2] The location should also be as public as possible, and as many people as possible should be involved.[3]

here are some pics of people planking.

Karen
06-01-2011, 11:44 PM
I had not heard of it - how have people died doing it?

carole
06-02-2011, 12:53 AM
i know of at least one who was silly enough to do it on the balcony of a high story building,cannot remember where exactly,but he was a young guy, so sad, and so silly.

moosmom
06-02-2011, 06:27 AM
Don't kids have homework to do??? Or CHORES??? Maybe if they put more energy in their studies instead of such silliness, the world wouldn't be as screwed up as it is.

The question is...COULD I DO IT?? Probably. But I'd need the FD (Where's Phred when you need him??? RIP John, miss you!!) with a back board and oxygen mask once you pry me down.:p:p

Karen
06-02-2011, 09:58 AM
That takes incredible core strength to stay stiff like that - those abdominal muscles are impressive. I don;t see anything wrong with it - a bit of harmless fun, mostly, quick, and nothing that would detract from other activities.

However, there will always be those who take things to the unsafe extreme, like the one you mentioned, Carole. Sad, but it is part of human nature.

sasvermont
06-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Every generation has it's fun. Planking, not for me. But then I wasn't big on stuffing lots of people in a VW bug, either.:rolleyes:

carole
06-02-2011, 04:53 PM
This is the thing folks, it is not just young people doing it, it is every generation,we have people like politicians doing it here, and even our prime ministers son, a picture in the paper and online with him watching him, it was in his own home and completely safe,and he is only 15, but it is not limited to any generation, young and old are doing it, crazy.

It is like such a big thing, you read it every day in the papers, i guess it is better than all the bad news we read lol.

Taz_Zoee
06-02-2011, 05:37 PM
I've never heard of it either. It seems just plain silly to me. But whatever people want to do for kicks. I just wish they didn't have to take it to the extreme where it leads to death. :( So sad.

carole
06-02-2011, 05:43 PM
gosh i am amazed that it has not hit america yet, maybe it is just crazy kiwis ,aussie's and brits who knows lol.

yes always the same , someone has to take it to the extreme and spoil what is initially a safe thing to do, even if it is somewhat silly, well that is my opinion, but it is harmless enough.

Hey WOM have you been planking yet mate?

wombat2u2004
06-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Hey WOM have you been planking yet mate?

Nope. I'm still into swallowing live goldfish. ;)

Killearn Kitties
06-03-2011, 12:47 PM
gosh i am amazed that it has not hit america yet, maybe it is just crazy kiwis ,aussie's and brits who knows lol.

Hey, count us out, I had never heard of it!! :D But if you mentioned us I suppose you have seen something about it being done in Britain?

I think this is one of those situations to which the correct answer is ... "whatever".

sparks19
06-03-2011, 01:12 PM
I'd say it sounds like natural selection to me ;)

carole
06-04-2011, 01:41 AM
actually i have not seen for sure if it is being done in Britain, but we kiwis follow the brits quite a bit in our ways, so you never know, maybe it is just us crazy kiwis he he.

We do have a lot of sheep down here, and you know what sheep are like they follow the leader in the herd, guess we kiwis have that trait born in us maybe lol.:D:D

Wom thank god i know you are only kidding.;)

wombat2u2004
06-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Wom thank god i know you are only kidding.;)

They're good with chips.

carole
06-05-2011, 01:17 AM
BAD BOY BAD BOY Wom.:D

Hey Wom did you see a guy in perth AUSTRALIA, did planking Nude in the arms of a statue, i would post it here but might be considered offensive, saw it on facebook, Trust you aussies to take it that bit further lol.

wombat2u2004
06-05-2011, 12:47 PM
BAD BOY BAD BOY Wom.:D

Hey Wom did you see a guy in perth AUSTRALIA, did planking Nude in the arms of a statue, i would post it here but might be considered offensive, saw it on facebook, Trust you aussies to take it that bit further lol.

No, never seen it. Wouldn't surprise me tho.
Those Sand Grubbers over that side are a crazy lot :cool:

BitsyNaceyDog
06-05-2011, 03:22 PM
I heard of it for the first time a few weeks ago. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's done safely.

chocolatepuppy
06-06-2011, 05:15 AM
I see they're doing it even in my small town. Me? Not gonna try it.;)

Cincy'sMom
06-06-2011, 11:05 AM
The only reason I saw anything about it was a few weeks back, when it was so rainy it was going around the Indy Car and NASCAR garages. There was a pictures of Jimmy Johnson planking between his and Dale Jr's car and some of the Indy drivers were doing it on stacks of tires during rain delays of practice for the 500.

Not something I think I'd really get into, but unless you are stupid about it, seems pretty harmelss.