PDA

View Full Version : Catmobilers: The Belmont is coming!

phesina
06-01-2011, 08:15 PM
The Belmont Stakes, the third of horse racing's Triple Crown races, is coming up soon, I think in two weeks! Are we on?

slick
06-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Merlin says "yes" as long as his beautiful Sparkler is going. :love::love::love:

momcat
06-02-2011, 07:52 AM
Sounds like a plan! I'll call the Jaguar dealer so the Catmobile will be ready to go. Now, where did I leave my sunglasses?

Your friend,
Groucho

catmandu
06-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Our Cats will love a sojourn :love: in Baltimore where the crab cakes , and sea food are excellent:cool:
And they all love their horse friiends too , and they love the races!!:cool:

phesina
06-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Dear Merlin, OF COURSE Sparkler is coming! She will be dancing to bagpipe music again.

The race is June 11 (a week from this Saturday!) at Belmont Park in Elmont, NY. Hmmm... looks like that's in Queens, not too far from Manhattan!

astrid
06-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Sounds cool! I'm in!... how about you, Chels?

katladyd
06-02-2011, 02:29 PM
My boys are in! Will Ming be needing his bagpipes? Oh, and he asked me if a certain Princess will be in the Belmont kitty contingent as well.:love:

phesina
06-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Oh, yes, Ming, bagpipes are definitely on order! Sydney and Bob are already getting theirs ready.

momcat
06-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Okay fellow Catmobile kitties, we're good to go! We can get the Catmobile Wednesday or Thursday so we need to decide when we're going to head out. Of course bagpipes are necessary! The Jaguar dealer service team included a special compartment to safely store them while we're partying on the road. We have a week until the big event so there are plans to make.

Check in as soon as you can and let us know you're coming. Pinot, do you need any help or new maps?

Your friend,
Groucho

Pinot's Mom
06-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Our Cats will love a sojourn :love: in Baltimore where the crab cakes , and sea food are excellent:cool:
And they all love their horse friiends too , and they love the races!!:cool:

Unca Gary-the Baltimore excursion at the Pimlico (the Preakness Stakes) happened already; we're on to NY!

Love ya! :love:

Okay fellow Catmobile kitties, we're good to go! We can get the Catmobile Wednesday or Thursday so we need to decide when we're going to head out. Of course bagpipes are necessary! The Jaguar dealer service team included a special compartment to safely store them while we're partying on the road. We have a week until the big event so there are plans to make.

Check in as soon as you can and let us know you're coming. Pinot, do you need any help or new maps?

Your friend,
Groucho

Groucho, my buddy, I know this route pretty well at this point! We're on! See you soon!

Purrs, Pinot

dehlers43
06-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Yes, Chels and Franklin will be catching a ride in the Catmobile.....they didn't even unpack from the last trip.....:rolleyes:
At least after vitising the horsies after the Preakness, Franklin has stopped bugging me about getting one....something about horsies not using a litter box....:D

momcat
06-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Okay fellow kitties, we're running out of time. When should we plan to leave? I have to call the friendly neighborhood Jaguar dealer and let her know so the Catmobile can be spiffed up and ready to go. We can get it Wednesday or Thursday. As always, all of you are welcome to stay at my place until we head out.

There's still plenty of room so if you haven't checked in yet it's not too late. Pinot needs to plan the pick-ups; Meowmie needs to know how much fried chicken, crab legs, shrimp, and ribs to order; and Soncat wants to be sure there are plenty of cheezburgers for everyone.

I can't wait to see all of you again!

Your friend,
Groucho

katladyd
06-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Groucho, my boys can be at your place Thursday morning. Does that work for you? They can't wait to see everyone again.:)

astrid
06-05-2011, 10:43 PM
I'll be arriving at LaGuardia on Wednesday, sweetie; and don't worry, I've arranged a limo service to drive me to your place from the airport... if anyone needs a ride please let me know.

Sophie
--posted via CatBerry Mobile

dehlers43
06-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Sophie,
Chels and Franklin would love to hitch a ride with you from the airport.
The Princess can't resist a limo ride!:D

Pinot's Mom
06-06-2011, 07:33 AM
http://www.bing.com/caption/image?bn=RTImage&bid=rz4jWQkkjeuA/Q

Shackleford's ready!

We've become really good friends since the Preakness. I think there may be some special surprises for us at the Belmont! ;)

http://www.belmont-stakes.info/images/belmont2010/belmont-013.jpg

See you all Thursday at Groucho's place! :)

Purrs,
Pinot

momcat
06-06-2011, 07:43 AM
This is wonderful! I'll talk to Meowmie when she gets home from work to make sure she calls the Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe and Manino's for some party treats. The party starts when all of you get to my place.

Ladies, if you would like to go shopping arrangements can be made to get you over to Quakerbridge Mall.

Your friend,
Groucho

phesina
06-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Oh boy.. if Haggis in a Hurry is catering, we'll be arriving at LaGuardia on Wednesday too!

May we share your limo ride along with Chelsie and Franklin, Sophie? .. The seven of us plus two more bagpipe sets (we assume Franklin will be bringing his).. we won't take up much room.

Can't wait to see you all again and the horsies too!

Love,
Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Bob, Sparkler, Lavinia, and Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia

astrid
06-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Sophie,
Chels and Franklin would love to hitch a ride with you from the airport.
The Princess can't resist a limo ride!:D

Of course! who can? I'll tell the limo people to have some good snacks for us, girlfriend :cool:

....May we share your limo ride along with Chelsie and Franklin, Sophie? .. The seven of us plus two more bagpipe sets (we assume Franklin will be bringing his).. we won't take up much room.....

Love,
Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Bob, Sparkler, Lavinia, and Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia

Please!!! No need to ask!!! See you all on Wednesday!!!
Purrs,
Sophie

cassiesmom
06-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Cassie is booked on a flight from Midway to Philadelphia early Thursday morning. From there she can use cab or public transportation to Groucho and Momcat if that's okay with Momcat. We had cheesecakes, catnip and carrot chunks (for the horsies) sent ahead to Belmont Park, attn.: Shackleford. Groucho, she may want to go to a sporting goods store and that's fine with me. She can purchase a pair of binoculars as long as she shares them with the other kitties when they ask! No hogging the binoculars, missy. She has her sunglasses packed already.

katladyd
06-06-2011, 11:11 PM
They've done it this time!:eek: The boys have chartered a private rail car to take them to Groucho's place. They want to know if anyone wants to ride in it to NYC or would they rather travel in the Catmobile. They're leaving it up to their friends to decide this one!:D

dehlers43
06-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Franklin and The Princess have already left....I heard something about making a few stops before meeting Sophie at the airport in New York but as usual, I have no idea what they are up to...:rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
06-07-2011, 02:04 PM
They've done it this time!:eek: The boys have chartered a private rail car to take them to Groucho's place. :D

Is it this one?

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/train.jpg

momcat
06-07-2011, 05:54 PM
That train car is great! I do hope it's air conditioned though, it's supposed to get major hot here, 100+ degrees over the next few days. Soncat put our air conditioner in so when the Catmobile Contingent arrives they'll be comfortable.

Groucho asked me to remind the kitties coming in by train that they'll be picked up at the Trenton train station. Call him on his cell phone when you're close to Trenton so your transportation will be waiting for you when the train gets in.

katladyd
06-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Is it this one?

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/train.jpg

Yeah, that looks like the one they took...using MY credit card!:rolleyes:

slick
06-08-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm at work and just got an email from Merlin:

Groucho's or bust.
My love is waiting.
Merlin

Guess I go home to an empty apartment tonight.
I have no idea how he's getting there because I have my credit cards on me. Anyone send him a ticket???

Pinot's Mom
06-08-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm at work and just got an email from Merlin:

Groucho's or bust.
My love is waiting.
Merlin

Guess I go home to an empty apartment tonight.
I have no idea how he's getting there because I have my credit cards on me. Anyone send him a ticket???

I think the Catmobile CoPilot may have had a hand in this....:rolleyes:

momcat
06-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Hi fellow purrents!
Just want to let you know that several kitties have arrived safe and sound. Sophie, Chels, Sparkler, and Lavinia are catching up on the latest gossip. Franklin, Elmer, Merlin, and Bob are in watching the Yankee game with Soncat. Princess Poppaea has been on her cell phone, I don't know who she's talking to but boy does she have a case of the giggles! Those due in tomorrow morning will be picked up in the Catmobile. And of course the lady kitties will be going to Quakerbridge Mall for some shopping.

The Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe will deliver a traditional Scottish feast tomorrow when everyone has arrived. All have been told that the computer and my cell phone are available so they can call their purrents.

cassiesmom
06-08-2011, 08:16 PM
I was just thinking of Poppaea Sabina Eugenia and HH Lady Edwina, the lovely grey and white ladies :D

phesina
06-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Hi fellow purrents!
Just want to let you know that several kitties have arrived safe and sound. Sophie, Chels, Sparkler, and Lavinia are catching up on the latest gossip. Franklin, Elmer, Merlin, and Bob are in watching the Yankee game with Soncat. Princess Poppaea has been on her cell phone, I don't know who she's talking to but boy does she have a case of the giggles! Those due in tomorrow morning will be picked up in the Catmobile. And of course the lady kitties will be going to Quakerbridge Mall for some shopping.

The Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe will deliver a traditional Scottish feast tomorrow when everyone has arrived. All have been told that the computer and my cell phone are available so they can call their purrents.

Mine just called me:

Mom, we are having the most fabulous Scottish feast ever! Haggis to die for.. Bagpipes are all tuned up*for a wonderful celebration tonight.. Sparkler is all set to go in her clan tartan and dancing shoes! And she is so happy that her beau Merlin is here!

Please tell the folks at Haggis in a Hurry that their new Trenton shoppe has outdone all expectations!

*Comment from mom: .. as much as bagpipes can ever be

momcat
06-10-2011, 08:00 AM
After a night of partying and feasting on treats from the Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe, the Catmobile Crew will be leaving later this morning. They were still sleeping when I left for work this morning.

Cassie and Sparkler said they had a great time at the Mall and found several things they didn't know they needed. On their way back they stopped at Risoldi's for extra carrots and apples for their horsie friends.

When the Haggis In A Hurry staff delivered all that wonderful food, they gave the Bagpipe Quartet a CD of bagpipe music. The crew from the Shoppe can't wait for the tv commercial to be released but Groucho the Lawyer said he has to work something out with the contract.

Safe trip, kitties! Be sure to check in with your purrents, okay?

katladyd
06-10-2011, 12:53 PM
I just received a text from the boys: We love Groucho's Place! Haggis in a Hurry is awesome! Can you fax Ming some money for a tiara? :eek:
WTF?:confused:

cassiesmom
06-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Cassie and Sparkler said they had a great time at the Mall and found several things they didn't know they needed. On their way back they stopped at Risoldi's for extra carrots and apples for their horsie friends.

Safe trip, kitties! Be sure to check in with your purrents, okay?

That explains why I got a call from the bank asking about out-of-state credit card charges ...

Text from Cassie:
Hi Meowm
I am in New York
And you are not, ha haa
Happy Friday
Lubz,
Cassie

Pinot's Mom
06-10-2011, 05:53 PM
I think Shackleford forgot Pinot's Catberry number. There was a message on the machine with a bit of snorting and stomping...Pinot, honey, if you're following this thread, give Shack a call, K? Love you! :D

dehlers43
06-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Text from The Princess:
Guess what I got?

Text from Franklin:
Please buy Haggis Helper.

Sheesh.....:rolleyes:

phesina
06-11-2011, 06:00 AM
Not to worry, Diane..

The Haggis in a Hurry Shoppe is coming to California!!! ...there will soon be one in Monterey and one in Los Angeles.

The people at the home office in Ann Arbor told me that, what with the roaring success of the Trenton outlet, the opening day crowds at the new one in Ellicott City, and the new TV commercial going viral on Youtube, the market research team realized that locales featuring feline bagpipers are surefire moneymaking sites for new shoppes.

moosmom
06-11-2011, 07:56 AM
The Haggis in a Hurry Shoppe is coming to California!!! ...there will soon be one in Monterey and one in Los Angeles.

I seen another road trip in their future. I've already got long distance calls to CA on my cellphone. Sorry they haven't been around, but their hooman sis, Amy Elizabeth got married on Saturday, so they've been REAL busy. They were her "merry maids" while the 4 legged guys helped Cody with his "groomsman" duties.

Edwina's Secretary,

Better check your phone records. I THINK E & E are up to something. They mentioned something about a PJ party at their house with a live band, AND attending the grand opening of The Haggis shoppe!!!

Edwina's Secretary
06-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Edwina's Secretary,

Better check your phone records. I THINK E & E are up to something. They mentioned something about a PJ party at their house with a live band, AND attending the grand opening of The Haggis shoppe!!!

I knew I should not have brought the Es those kilts and all that haggis! Now they are hooked....Next time it is just a lousy t-shirt for those two!

Pinot's Mom
06-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Catberry post...

Mom! We're so excited! Shack has been an incredible host here! We had a Welcome Dinner last night in the Paddock, the horsies were great and Groucho made sure there were extra treats for them. Cassie, Chels and Sparkler did some shopping for them, too, there are some pretty special horsie blankets! Then there was the Sunrise Breakfast at the stables - wonderful! We had lunch in town to give the horsies some space to prepare. Lots of credit card purchases, but I was a good girl! ;)

OOH, gotta go, they're lining up, check in later!

Purrs, Pinot

Pinot's Mom
06-11-2011, 05:41 PM
BELMONT SHOCKER! Ruler on Ice! Wow!

momcat
06-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Got a text message from Groucho this morning:

"Hi Meowmie! The race was really exciting in spite of the rain and mud. Chels is a bit upset because a little mud splashed on her new tiara. After the race we went down to the winner's circle. Ruler on Ice was a very gracious winner and invited us to the victory party. The party was great...music, dancing, and wonderful food. Some of the horsies took us for a ride on their backs around the park. What a view from up there! Franklin and Shackleford went off by themselves for awhile to talk about teaching a horsie to use a litter box. Don't know for sure when we'll be getting home. Sydney, Elmer, Lavinia, and Mac are going over the maps with Pinot and Cassie to see if there are any interesting places to visit while we're away. We'll let you know what we decide to do.

Purrs and kisses,
Your Groucho

katladyd
06-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Tiara? Hmmmm. :rolleyes::love: Well, at least it wasn't a ring! What are you going to do when Kitty Love strikes!