PDA

View Full Version : A Spring Cleaning and Planting Thursday # 432.

RICHARD
06-01-2011, 03:44 PM
I know someone will correct me if I get the number for this week's edition wrong.

How's about a little spring cleaning to get the bar in shape for the summer?

I will venture into the L&F to gather the supplies needed.

(I do miss going in there lately....)

I just got my FREE replacement spools for my WORX trimmer.....It 's really not mine, but it's a blast to use and look forward to running around the yard with it...:D:confused::rolleyes:;)

Grace
06-01-2011, 04:12 PM
I just got my FREE replacement spools for my WORX trimmer.....It 's really not mine, but it's a blast to use and look forward to running around the yard with it...:D:confused::rolleyes:;)

Will you look like Orc?

lvpets2002
06-01-2011, 04:14 PM
:eek: The Orc says WoW did someone say SpringCleaning.. WooHoo lets get out the Mega Water Blaster & Start PowerWashing.. Lets serve LIT with Umbrellas & Fruit for All.. We will all be over here watching ok..:D

pomtzu
06-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Spring cleaning before summer??? - you're a little late. Summer has smacked us in the face for about a week now. At one point this afternoon the temp was 95 and the heat index was 109. :eek: I'd gladly have Orc hit me with the water blaster - filled with ice water! :D

Is the bar open for business while the cleaning is a WIP?? If so, I'll whip up some lemonade and BLT's if anyone is hungry. :)

Sit down and relax and join me RICHARD.........:)

Pinot's Mom
06-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Spring cleaning before summer??? - you're a little late. Summer has smacked us in the face for about a week now. At one point this afternoon the temp was 95 and the heat index was 109. :eek: I'd gladly have Orc hit me with the water blaster - filled with ice water! :D

Is the bar open for business while the cleaning is a WIP?? If so, I'll whip up some lemonade and BLT's if anyone is hungry. :)

Sit down and relax and join me RICHARD.........:)

OOHH can I join you, too? You've hit on my FAVORITE summer lunch! BLT's with fresh L&T from the garden and real lemonade?? YES!!

...and the heat? Yea, I know, it's not my favorite. :rolleyes:

pomtzu
06-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Okay Maggie......
BLT and lemonade coming right up. A favorite hot weather light dinner for me too.

DONE!

And I know your weather was the same as ours today too. This feels like August! :eek: Cooler weather for tomorrow tho........:)

Karen
06-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Still thunder rumbling outside, third time this afternoon/evening, though the tornados were far away in Springfield. As I spent hours at the dentists today, it is pudding for supper this evening, I'll share if anyone else wants some!

slick
06-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Just what I've been waiting for. Bye-bye BFH. I'm sweeping you away. :D

Just stopping by quickly before my journey home. May I have a cold beer and some onion rings to take home??? Yummy. Looking forward to relaxing with Merlin.

See you all tomorrow, if time permits. :(

moosmom
06-02-2011, 06:51 AM
Give me a pitcher full of Absolut Martinis with olives and I'll do whatever you want...TO CLEAN UP THE BAR, that is.

Is the Edster gonna help, RICHARD?

gini
06-02-2011, 12:57 PM
I lived at 432 Bonnie Brae Avenue growing up. Richard you got it right..........sorry if I bugged you last time about the wrong week. I just had too many rum and cokes lined up and I knew I couldn't have gotten them all in one week.:D

BLT's sound awesome and an ice cold lemonade with some of those onion rings like Slick ordered.

After I eat, you can count on me to plant some squash and do some clean up too.

RICHARD
06-02-2011, 05:19 PM
I lived at 432 Bonnie Brae Avenue growing up. Richard you got it right..........sorry if I bugged you last time about the wrong week. I just had too many rum and cokes lined up and I knew I couldn't have gotten them all in one week.:D

BLT's sound awesome and an ice cold lemonade with some of those onion rings like Slick ordered.

After I eat, you can count on me to plant some squash and do some clean up too.

Ms G,

I only made the comment about the wrong number because in your field of work one number throws off the whole column.
A plate of yummy w/a ICL?

Done.

Squash? You got it!

Moo,
A pitcher of Absolut martinis w/olives?

No problem....I have to wake up the Edster. He spends most of the time on the bed....Just as I wrote the last sentence? I heard the bells on his collar from the other room!

He's awake!

DONE!

Hi Slick,

Cold beer and onion rings?

As always, DONE!

Karen,
Puddin' for din-din, what flavor??

DONE!

Hi Pom.

Thanks for stepping in for me, let's sit a spell!

PM,

You are in good hands1

DONE!

LP.

LIT and a an umbrella....

Grace,

I am the Original Orc.:D

Pinot's Mom
06-02-2011, 06:01 PM
OK, I know I'm very fortunate, I know so many people are dealing with so much more than I am, I know I shouldn't....kvetch....BUT YOU KNOW WHAT??? I REALLY, REALLY COULD USE A DOUBLE!! I'm so tired of people thinking they can tell me what to do!

OK-rant over-please deliver a double vodka and diet ginger; some onion rings with that would be wonderful, thanks.

davidpizzica
06-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Hi, everyone I'll take a stack of BLTs and offer my services to help do the yard work. After all I'm a retired golf course groundskeeper and I can get the the place ship-shape!

wombat2u2004
06-03-2011, 08:37 AM
I can supervise

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/322814561_3cb9043e11.jpg

davidpizzica
06-03-2011, 09:35 AM
I can supervise

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/322814561_3cb9043e11.jpg

Wom, this guy can pull some weeds, but NO MORE!

wombat2u2004
06-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Wom, this guy can pull some weeds, but NO MORE!

No problem David.
You can start by pulling the stinkwort out that's been growing on the Orcs bed. :D

lvpets2002
06-03-2011, 12:10 PM
:rolleyes: Was that a stinkwort that the Orc had.. Uwwee Wom.. I am not even going to say what I thought it looked like.. Remember this is a family web site..

No problem David.
You can start by pulling the stinkwort out that's been growing on the Orcs bed. :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-03-2011, 12:16 PM
We're plantin' squash? Well we have more than enough Acorn squash to donate a couple of plants for the bar garden. We also have butternut, zucchini, summer squash and spaghetti squash.

could I get one of thos BLTs, onion rings and an iced tea please?

lvpets2002
06-03-2011, 12:26 PM
:) MMmmm Butternut is my favoite.. Yummy of baking it & eating hot.. :cool: Yes where is the barkeep?? BLT w/onion rings & black tea for me..

We're plantin' squash? Well we have more than enough Acorn squash to donate a couple of plants for the bar garden. We also have butternut, zucchini, summer squash and spaghetti squash.

could I get one of thos BLTs, onion rings and an iced tea please?

davidpizzica
06-03-2011, 02:20 PM
No problem David.

Well, it's a dirty job, but SOMEBODY'S gotta do it (after a BLT and onion rings of course!)

pomtzu
06-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Well since I started the ball rolling with the mention of BLT's, I guess I'd better get busy and make some.....

Maggie - one for you with the onion rings and double vodka and ginger ale? I'm not telling you what to do - another BLT was just a suggestion....:)
DONE!

David - how many is a stack? Will 4 cut it?? - and some onion rings. Lemonade? - beer?
DONE!

Wom - Supervising??? - heaven help us all. How about a beer - and put down that cigarette! :p
DONE!

LOH - BLT, onion rings and iced tea coming up. Save some zucchini to fry and for zucchini bread when they're ready for picking. I'll be glad to help with the cooking!
DONE!

LP - BLT, onion rings and black tea for you.
DONE!

Richard - you're slackin' here, but I guess we'll all let you get away with it, under the circumstances....:p:D

davidpizzica
06-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Well since I started the ball rolling with the mention of BLT's, I guess I'd better get busy and make some.....

Maggie - one for you with the onion rings and double vodka and ginger ale? I'm not telling you what to do - another BLT was just a suggestion....:)
DONE!

David - how many is a stack? Will 4 cut it?? - and some onion rings. Lemonade? - beer?
DONE!

Wom - Supervising??? - heaven help us all. How about a beer - and put down that cigarette! :p
DONE!

LOH - BLT, onion rings and iced tea coming up. Save some zucchini to fry and for zucchini bread when they're ready for picking. I'll be glad to help with the cooking!
DONE!

LP - BLT, onion rings and black tea for you.
DONE!

Richard - you're slackin' here, but I guess we'll all let you get away with it, under the circumstances....:p:D

I think 5 would constitute a "stack"! I'm hungry and I'll eat them and get into those weeds.

RICHARD
06-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Hi and thanks Pom.

Just movig along a little slowly here. Ahead of schedule and making progress as time goes on.

I'll get out the bucket and mop.

PM,
No MOPING, but you can help me MOPPING? ;)

Everyone, lift your feet....coming thru!

Catty1
06-05-2011, 09:21 AM
RICHARD - {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Whoever is barkeeping - if you don't have a skim chai latte, I'll take a big mug of good old coffee! Thanks!

RICHARD
06-06-2011, 11:43 AM
RICHARD - {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Whoever is barkeeping - if you don't have a skim chai latte, I'll take a big mug of good old coffee! Thanks!

You are welcome!

One skim chai latte...LOL I almost typed SKIN LATTE!;):D

Done!

Pinot's Mom
06-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Let me buy a round for the bar - a toast, please, for a very interesting woman gone 11 years today. Mother, I do miss matching wits. It's not a sad day, just remembering.... Cheers!

RICHARD
06-07-2011, 03:36 AM
Let me buy a round for the bar - a toast, please, for a very interesting woman gone 11 years today. Mother, I do miss matching wits. It's not a sad day, just remembering.... Cheers!
Let me prep your order. A round for the house.

To Mom.

You are the person today because of her yesterday's.

Cheers.

DONE.:)

gini
06-08-2011, 11:56 AM
I was thinking about you Richard, so I am stopping off at the bar to see how you are doing. What can I get for you? It would be nice if we treated and spoiled the barkeep once in a while wouldn't it?

I am thinking about making some Monte Cristo sandwiches for lunch. I haven't made them in years, I hope I haven't forgotten.

Lady's Human
06-09-2011, 11:49 AM
I'll pass on the sammiches, but can someone get me a large bowl of ice cream laced with codeine?

Either that or a knock upside the head for putting off getting a tooth pulled.

gini
06-09-2011, 02:41 PM
I'll pass on the sammiches, but can someone get me a large bowl of ice cream laced with codeine?

Either that or a knock upside the head for putting off getting a tooth pulled.

Years ago when I had a bad toothache I asked if the dentist could please just remove my head - it hurt so much. I don't think you will put off a dental appointment again - when you remember the pain from this one.

One ice cream laced with codeine???? coming right up.

I am sorry that you had to go through this - it sure isn't fun.

pomtzu
06-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Ice cream - lemonade - beer - anything as long as it's COLD! We are baking here - it's HOT, and a lot of other PT'ers are too. At around 2 p.m., the temp was 98 with the heat index of 107! I'd melt into a little grease spot without the a.c.

Hey Richard - are you enjoying this tropical weather???? Guess it's something that you aren't accustomed to! :p And just think - summer hasn't even officially arrived yet. :eek:

Stay cool and safe, everyone.

Lady's Human
06-09-2011, 03:01 PM
This is actually tame compared to the last time I had a tooth pulled, thankfully. The last adventure is why I was putting this off......until my body told me it was coming out TODAY!

Thanks for the drugs, I'll do some cooking Saturday to make up for it.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Isn't this this last weeks bar? Are we still cleaning? I know orc makes a big mess so I wouldn't be surprised if it took weeks to clean up. ;)

RICHARD
06-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi guys,

I have been a little distracted of late.:(

Today was a good day for me!

Champagne and little crackers with fish eggs, clotted cream and all kinds of (LH, watch out!) frou-frou toppings on them.

I can also whip up some not-so-frou stuff for the heartier bunch of patrons.

Hot wings, bleu cheese and napkins?

I have missed you all and will make more of an effort to be around...DONE!

moosmom
06-14-2011, 06:13 AM
Okay!! Welcome back, RICHARD!!

I'll take a glass of Prosecca!! Toasted my daughter and new son-in-law at their wedding with a glass. It was wonderful!