PDA

View Full Version : Breed Ban in Germany called Dogholocaust

jackiesdaisy1935
03-07-2001, 05:14 PM
Maybe someone else can explain this to me.
I was trying to figure out what they were going to do, it looks like they are going to ban certain breeds in Germany such as the
American Pitbull
American Stafford Terrier
Dogue de Bordeaux
Mastiff and a bunch more
They also have a list of dogs that are potentially dangerous too.
It seems that many people are upset because other countries are thinking of going along with the ban of certain breeds and they are afraid it can come down to any breed.
www.angelfire.com/biz6/dogholocaust (http://www.angelfire.com/biz6/dogholocaust)

Gio
03-08-2001, 07:48 AM
They have been trying to ban the breeding and import of some of these breeds in Italy too. There are a number of reasons behind this:

1. dog fighting is a huge problem in Europe and a lot of the breeds you mention are used for this (gruesome) purpose.

2. There has been an increase in attacks by these dogs (especially to children).

3. Some idiotic people use these breeds as “status symbol”. Bullies use their dogs to show off or to prove their so called power.

The result is that these breeds are now associated with aggressiveness and violence. I personally believe that there is no bad breed of dogs, only a large number of ignorant and bad owners.

jackiesdaisy1935
03-08-2001, 08:46 AM
Thanks Gio, I didn't quite understand, but I do agree with you there are no bad breeds, only bad people who use them for their own purposes.

raynie
03-08-2001, 10:12 AM
this recent stint of breed banning legislation in Germany is the result of an incident where two children were attacked in a schoolyard by i believe an am. staff and a staffy bull. the situation has gotten so outa hand that the general public that doesn't know a great deal about dogs are so afraid that they are calling protection dog owners "child killers". they are poisoning dogs and vandelizing homes. that should tell people that breed banning legislation is rediculus!

wolflady
03-08-2001, 11:30 AM
I agree that this breed banning is absolutely rediculous. After all, it's not the dog's fault that it behaves as it does. It's the owner's fault. We've had a sloo of dog attacks lately in San Fran (multiple pit bull attacks, a rottweiler attack....the list goes on, most of the owners being criminals), and I think it's stupid for people to make dogs so vicious!! Gio's right in that "The result is that these breeds are now associated with ggressiveness and violence". But breed banning, like it mentioned in the article,...where will it stop? People always have a way of getting what they want be it illegally, or through other means...it could be the friendly poodle down the street. Who knows. I don't think it's fair for the animals to suffer when it's really stupid people that cause the problem in the first place.