PDA

View Full Version : Hey Geeks - weird Hotmail problem

Catty1
05-30-2011, 05:50 PM
These folks were using XP and now use Win7. One problem they are having (which of course disappeared when I went over to check it out) is that when either of them log into their Windows Live (Hotmail) account, they get the following: ! you need to select at least one message before you can do this. To select one or more messages just click the box before each message.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks.

mrspunkysmom
05-30-2011, 06:27 PM
:D Aside from the bots planning to take over the world? :D

:D hiccup. Lots of electrons out there and sometimes they collide and things happen.

Lots of sloppy programming, too, made worse by intensely complicated and massive programs.

:D You know the saying. The bigger the program ..... :D

Candace, this has happened to me, too, on occasion and I have vista. I have often wondered if there is a little gnat virus out there; not crashing our computers or stealing data, but just being annoying.

Catty1
05-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks. I forgot to mention that if they DO select a message, the messages are all deleted. :eek:

Just Plain Weird. There's not much from a Google search either. The little I did find led me to suggest to them that they make sure Java is installed. I replaced their hard drive, and downloaded all software. I am sure I installed Java as well, but suggested they do it anyway!

Weird.

BTW - I was reading in my CompTia tech text that if a lot of things are going wrong with NO regularity - having to start the computer several times to get it to stay started, slow speed at odd time, basically just a lot of non-symptoms - it means the power supply could be dying.

They are simple and relatively easy to replace.:)

Husky_mom
05-31-2011, 12:20 AM
I got that one time when trying to delete some emails.. but it said I hadnīt selected any.. got frustrated.. logged off.. returned a day or so later and deleted them as usual..

never had it again..

also using vista.. n chrome