PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help from my friends...

moosmom
05-30-2011, 09:43 AM
David "Randy" Peterson is a paranoid psychophrenic who has been in and out of psych hospitals since I can remember. Goodle his name and you'll see what I'm talking about.

He was a danger to himself and others since I went to high school with him. He stabbed a classmate of mine in 1971 in the neck with a cafeteria fork. He also stabbed a roomer at the Aragoni Hotel in Middletown for allegedly "stealing his music".

In 1989, was permitted out on a day pass. He went to a local hardware store, bought a hunting knife, and stabbed Jessica Short of Middletown to death at a Main Street Fair. He was found guilty and sentenced to 70 years at the Whiting Forensic Institute at Connecticut Valley Hospital.

He is coming up for review on Friday. I have followed this case from the onset (actually from high school!) and every time his case comes up for review, I barrage the Psychiatric Review Board with emails asking them to keep this man locked up, as he is a danger to himself and society. His past actions over and over again have proved that.

Would you guys do me a favor? Send an email to the following address and IMPLORE them to keep this whackjob locked up. He got out once and looked what happened. We surely don't want it to happen again.

Here's the email address:

[email protected]

Thanks everyone. Hopefully I'll have good news.

momcat
05-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Wow, this is really a scary situation. His record speaks for itself and he should never get out. The e-mail has been sent.

mrspunkysmom
05-30-2011, 03:01 PM
I assume the local news knows of this?

Won't me being non-local just cause my plea to be ignored? I'll send a short one anyway.

Just sent email

Freedom
05-30-2011, 03:18 PM
We've just had something similar, here in RI. Woodmansee was sentenced to 40 years for a child kidnap and murder. He "earned" 12 years off for good behavior and was due to be released in August. HUGE uproar, and now he will voluntarily commit himself to a psych hospital instead. 2 psychiatrists met w/ him and determined he is still a threat, so he would have been involuntarily committed, otherwise.

I'll send an email, Donna.

moosmom
05-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the help. An email won't reveal where you're from, so any support you can give to keep this whackjob where he belongs is GREATLY appreciated.

Karen
05-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Is there any actual danger of him being released? I know people like Charles Manson get parole Reviews every so many years, as mandated by law, but he will never be released.

And Sandra, given that he voluntarily will commit himself, isn't there a danger that he could easily sign himself out?

moosmom
05-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Karen,

I have no idea if there is a danger of him being released. I do know that our wonderful (NOT) Governor has given early releases to prisoners in order to balance his already sad budget, so nothing would surprize me. I'm not taking any chances in letting that happen. If I have to go protest outside Whiting forensic on the day before my daughter's wedding, I'll do it. The Short family deserves some peace.

Marigold2
05-30-2011, 09:31 PM
I just emailed.

mrspunkysmom
05-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the help. An email won't reveal where you're from, so any support you can give to keep this whackjob where he belongs is GREATLY appreciated.

I did give my name and state of residence., I figured to be taken seriously, I would have to identify myself.

hmmmmmm

moosmom
05-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Thanks Marigold2!!!

moosmom
05-31-2011, 12:01 PM
Just wanted to thank all of you who sent emals to Ms. Lachance regarding David's release from the nuthouse.

I received an email from Ms. Lachance stating David is NOT being considered for release. YAHOO!!!! Until next time, America!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Love and hugs:love::love:

Donna

phesina
05-31-2011, 12:10 PM
Oh, what good news! I'm so glad the people in charge had some sense there.

I was just about to send MY e-mail, when I saw your post here saying he is not being considered for release.

moosmom
05-31-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks, Patsie!!!!

mrspunkysmom
05-31-2011, 08:54 PM
I got the same email today.

Just wanted to thank all of you who sent emals to Ms. Lachance regarding David's release from the nuthouse.

I received an email from Ms. Lachance stating David is NOT being considered for release. YAHOO!!!! Until next time, America!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Love and hugs:love::love:

Donna