PDA

View Full Version : Dog shot 40 times and buried alive....Update #14 :(

Taz_Zoee
05-29-2011, 03:14 PM
LIVES!!!

WARNING: The video is very graphic. :( But there are a couple photos in the article without watching the video.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/29/miracle-dog-shot-40-times_n_868593.html

phesina
05-29-2011, 03:39 PM
I am so glad to know that Star is alive and has survived this! God bless you, little doggie, may you heal well and may your spirit heal well too. Prayers from us for you to live a happy, loving life from here on out.
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

I get disgusted and despairing when I hear about people who do things like this. It sickens me that there are so many such alleged-members of the "human" race. They should have done to them what they've done to these innocent creatures.

pomtzu
05-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Ditto Pat! It absolutely sickens me and makes my blood boil at the same time, when I read/hear of such horrible torture and abuse that some individuals inflict on helpless and innocent animals. :mad: But payback's a b*tch, and one day they will have to answer for what they did. I hope all those that are guilty of these terrible acts, will burn in H3LL for eternity.

chocolatepuppy
05-29-2011, 05:06 PM
I hope whoever did this rots in hell! :mad: At least if you're going to be a coward and kill a dog, do it right, don't leave him to suffer! :( Pawsitive thoughts for Star's recovery.

Medusa
05-29-2011, 07:34 PM
I saw this on FB and I felt myself flush and get burning hot! It seems that every case I read about becomes even more cruel than the last. I can't stand the thought of animals suffering b/c they're out on the street, etc. but to think that this sort of thing happens to them makes me sick. I didn't watch the video and now that you say it's graphic, I'm glad that I didn't. I'm so glad that he survived.

wombat2u2004
05-30-2011, 02:31 AM
OMG what a terrrible thing to do.
I hope the perpetrator gets caught and dealt with accordingly.

Asiel
05-30-2011, 12:01 PM
I read the story and clicked on the video. I wish I hadn't watched it now. I just can't believe anyone could be so cruel and the thought that it was probably young teens makes me wonder what their next act of cruelty will be...sickening to think people like that walk among us and we don't know it.

pomtzu
05-30-2011, 02:41 PM
..sickening to think people like that walk among us and we don't know it.

I cannot even refer to individuals such as that, as "people". They are hideous, sick, twisted, monsters at best, and have no right to be called "people". :mad:

I'm glad that I didn't watch the video.........

Asiel
05-31-2011, 09:41 AM
I cannot even refer to individuals such as that, as "people". They are hideous, sick, twisted, monsters at best, and have no right to be called "people". :mad:

I'm glad that I didn't watch the video.........

Guess I did slip on that one. You're right...normal people would never do anything so terrible. Maybe "Moron" would be a more appropriate word to use in this circumstance. Glad you didn't watch the video, I had no idea it was so gut wrenching.

ChrisH
05-31-2011, 05:09 PM
Update on Star.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Micellaneous%202/local_04_temp-1306651381-4de1eaf5-620x348.jpg

Resting on her blanket, Star turns her forlorn eyes towards her visitors but immediately perks up when she sees the dog lead and waddles up to the gate of her pen.

When Star turns her head she reveals an angry open wound on her neck that is slowly healing after she was shot once at point blank range, and where vet Trevor Zammit painstakingly removed 40 shotgun pellets.

The female cross-breed never winces in pain and the torture she endured – she had her muzzle, front and hind paws tied before being shot and buried in a shallow grave – is only visible in her brown eyes.

Believed to be about four or five years old, Star was found near Għar Ħasan by Animal Welfare Department officers on May 19, whimpering after she managed to poke her nose through the soil; instincts that saved her from suffocating. Police are still investigating, but to date there are no developments.

She was taken to the animal hospital in Ta’ Qali, where she will stay until she has recovered and is ready to be homed – an easy take as more than 50 offers flooded the department from the US, Norway, Spain, the Czech Republic and the UK.

But Star already has a home and her new owners visit and call every day, anxious to have her join their family. Her rehabilitation should take around three weeks.

Animal welfare coordinator Janice Chetcuti said Star will be living with a Maltese family who made the first phone call offering to adopt her.

However, she stresses that the couple – whose children have left the nest and who are keen to welcome in a four-legged friend – were also suitable owners for the traumatised dog.

The fury sparked by this story has spread beyond our shores and Star’s incredible tale of survival has been featured in newspapers and TV programmes across Europe and the US.

Star is lapping up the attention and as she leads Ms Chetcuti past the other pens for a stroll on the lawn, other dogs look on enviously and a fox terrier barks in protest.

Her paws sink into the thick grass and as Ms Chetcuti bends down to pet her, Star nuzzles up, yearning for human contact despite what she has been through.

She never wags her tail except when Dr Zammit turns up – ironic, as so many animals detest their vets – and even then it’s a half-wag.

When rescued, Star had to be treated for her wounds without anaesthetic because doctors feared she was too weak to take it. Next week, her strength will be tested to determine if she can undergo an operation to have a piece of skin grafted from part of her neck to cover the gaping wound.

“Star is a calm, docile dog. She has improved in leaps and bounds considering her injuries,” Dr Zammit said, adding that he has seen worse cases of animal cruelty, including a dog whose back was blasted with a shotgun.

Asked what he thought could have inspired so much hatred towards an animal, Dr Zammit has only one explanation: “It’s the result of a sick mind.”

The animal hospital receives some 50 cases of cruelty and abandonment a week and according to Dr Zammit this is a conservative estimate.

The dog, a possible mix between a collie and a sheep dog, is fast becoming a mini celebrity and a symbol against animal cruelty. More than 2,600 people have signed an online petition calling for justice and nearly 20,000 joined a Facebook page to show support towards the dog that captured the nation’s heart.

Taz_Zoee
05-31-2011, 07:45 PM
Thank you for the update Chris!! This is such good news for her. :D

chocolatepuppy
06-01-2011, 05:14 AM
Good to see Star is doing well.:)

Bonny
06-01-2011, 07:07 AM
Star looks like such a sweet sweet dog. Why would anyone want to harm her?:( I am glad she is going to a forever home where she will be loved & respected.

About the veterinary & Star wagging her tail. Animals know when someone helps them & they are forever loyal to that person. :)

ChrisH
06-06-2011, 04:43 PM
So sad update, Star has now died.

Star succumbs to injuries (http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20110606/local/star-succumbs-to-injuries-just-a-day-after-animal-cruelty-protest.369284)

lvpets2002
06-06-2011, 04:48 PM
:love: Oh Star I hope you heal real fast & get a good loving home..

:mad: Now for the BBAASSttrrdd that did this to you then Rott in Hell.. Justice will be done to you sooner or later..

lizbud
06-06-2011, 05:33 PM

Star succumbs to injuries (http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20110606/local/star-succumbs-to-injuries-just-a-day-after-animal-cruelty-protest.369284)

This is so very sad.:(:(:( Rest Peacefully now little Star.

phesina
06-06-2011, 07:23 PM

I am so very, very sorry to read this.

Rest in peace and comfort now, dear little Star, by the Rainbow Bridge with our other beloved furkids. We will all join you there some day with so much love.

Bonny
06-06-2011, 07:29 PM
I am so sorry Star didn't make it. This is the saddest thing I have ever heard of in my life happening to an any animal. The persons that did this to her will most likely get off scott free.

I read further down to some comments on the page about a lady being stabbed 40 some times. You know people that do that kind of thing to an animal probably would do it to a human also. It is darn scary when you think about it they would have to be really sick in the head. :(

chocolatepuppy
06-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Rest in Peace Star.:( At least you knew love from the people who helped you before you died.

wombat2u2004
06-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Rest in Peace Star.:( At least you knew love from the people who helped you before you died.

Yup, I'll second that one.

kokopup
06-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Rest in peace Star. This is a sad day indeed.

Bonny

I read further down to some comments on the page about a lady being stabbed 40 some times. You know people that do that kind of thing to an animal probably would do it to a human also. It is darn scary when you think about it they would have to be really sick in the head.

It is unfortunate, but they have shown that Serial Killers were animal abusers as young people. This unforgiveable crime was probably commited by a teen that will graduate to killing people as an adult.

lvpets2002
06-07-2011, 09:53 AM
:( Oh No = Bless your Heart Star for being a fighter.. RIP Baby & Play Hard at RB..

Taz_Zoee
06-07-2011, 10:02 AM
I am so sad and typing through tears. :( This just breaks my heart.

RIP Beautiful Star, you are now at peace and nobody will ever hurt you again.

pomtzu
06-07-2011, 10:09 AM
So very sad indeed.
RIP Star, and know that MANY loved you. :love: You will know no more pain or cruelty, and will forever be healthy and happy and loved at RB.

GrandChester
06-07-2011, 11:21 AM
I am crying so hard for her. This is the worst case of animal cruelty I have ever seen. She struggled to live but couldn't. I hope whom ever did this dies a horrible death.

Asiel
06-07-2011, 02:16 PM
I was left stunned and speechless myself. The last report was that Star was doing well and it looked hopeful for a forever home. This is beyond sad...at least the suffering is over. I hope the monsters who did such a horrid thing will be brought to justice.

ChrisH
06-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Man admitted in court that he shot and buried Star.

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20110621/local/accused-amits-shooting-buring-star.371740

lizbud
06-21-2011, 09:48 AM
The guy "meant no harm to the dog" ???? :mad: I hope he lives
in fear every day in prison.

Taz_Zoee
06-21-2011, 12:45 PM
That is.............:mad:. I don't even have words. The previous owner gave her to this guy after having her for TEN years because she started shedding fur! OMG!!! And then he proceeds to kill her just because she was "old" at 10 years of age.

I am just sick to my stomach right now. :(

Anikaca77
06-21-2011, 03:01 PM
That is.............:mad:. I don't even have words. The previous owner gave her to this guy after having her for TEN years because she started shedding fur! OMG!!! And then he proceeds to kill her just because she was "old" at 10 years of age.

I am just sick to my stomach right now. :(

EXACTLY. This is what people need to look out for too you are goign to give away your animals just to have them get shot...I'm just so sick right now just terrible.

chocolatepuppy
06-21-2011, 04:28 PM
He claimed he shot Star because she was old. She was 10 years old and was called Buttons by a previous owner. The owner had had the dog for 10 years but gave it to Mr Vella after the dog started shedding fur.
No words for this.:mad: This poor excuse for a man, maybe when he gets old, someone can do the same thing to him.:mad:

Asiel
06-21-2011, 06:50 PM
I had a hard time with this man's reason for doing what he did. The sentence he got and the fine he paid wasn't enough as far as I'm concerned. It just doesn't make sense to me that anyone could be so cruel as to give their dog away because it was old but to have the other owner shoot it because it shed drove me over the edge. Sometimes I wonder where these sickos come from, heartless cruel poor excuses for human beings.:mad:

wombat2u2004
06-22-2011, 10:38 AM
I had a hard time with this man's reason for doing what he did. The sentence he got and the fine he paid wasn't enough as far as I'm concerned. It just doesn't make sense to me that anyone could be so cruel as to give their dog away because it was old but to have the other owner shoot it because it shed drove me over the edge. Sometimes I wonder where these sickos come from, heartless cruel poor excuses for human beings.:mad:

The thing is, farmers are notorious for that sort of thing. It's commonplace for them to kill animals that have outlived their usefulness.
My brown border collie "Bear" had 4 or 5 sisters and brothers, and were all shot by the farmer because they wouldn't work the cattle properly. If I had known that when I took Bear as a pup, I would have taken all the pups.
But sorry to say, he is the last of his litter.

kokopup
06-22-2011, 01:47 PM
He claimed he shot Star because she was old. She was 10 years old and was called Buttons by a previous owner. The owner had had the dog for 10 years but gave it to Mr Vella after the dog started shedding fur.

It is hard for me to grasp the thinking of people that because a dog starts shedding it is time to go. Koko sheds enough to stuff a pillow almost daily. The little I have to do to swiffer up hair is returned to me 10 thousand times in love and devotion. I'm just lucky that Celia didn't pawn me off, or shoot me, when I got old and started shedding.:D