PDA

View Full Version : Profound thoughts on our pets...

happylabs
05-28-2011, 05:31 AM
I was reading the COTD story this morning and the owner was saying wonderful cat and lucky to have him. This got me to thinking... Our pets are a reflection of us. The love and care we put into them comes out in their personalities. You really cannot get a pet and just expect them to be a wonderful cat or dog. You have to put into them your positive energies to get back out of them the enjoyment and love you want back. Maybe this isn't so profound but you hear of people who have gotten a dog and they return it because it just wasn't what they expected. There really aren't any bad pets, just bad owners.

Okay, I need coffee...

chocolatepuppy
05-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Well said.:)

Freedom
05-28-2011, 07:59 AM
There really aren't any bad pets, just bad owners.

Quite true!

Of course, there are "PERFECT" pups, like my Sugar, and challenges like The Wills, lol! And not everyone can cope with a puppy mill rescue like my Tasha -- but at least THAT they should know prior to getting the pet.

Pinot's Mom
05-28-2011, 08:11 AM
Well, I just have to say, there's no kitty like Princess Pinot and I don't know if we had anything to do with it or not. ;)

Taz_Zoee
05-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Very well said. But then pets do each have their own personalities. My male pets (Taggart & Jax) are the goofiest pets I've ever had. I don't know if that has to do with getting them both from the same shelter (where I volunteer), but that's one thing I tell the adoptive parents there. :p
Paizly came from the streets via a fellow PTer, and Zoee came from a breeder(:o). While they are wonderful pets they are just more reserved and only have goofy moments.

But I do agree with this statement: There really aren't any bad pets, just bad owners. Sometimes people just do not have the patience or the knowledge to deal with a "difficult" animal to help rehabilitate it.

Asiel
05-28-2011, 12:44 PM
How very true. They are a reflection of what we put into them. I see so many dogs just tied outside to a doghouse day after day, no matter the weather, and it always makes me wonder why people like that have dogs. I don't think it differs much from what we put into our kids.

moosmom
05-28-2011, 02:23 PM
There really aren't any bad pets, just bad owners.

Boy does THAT ring true!!!

krazyaboutkatz
05-28-2011, 06:42 PM
I was reading the COTD story this morning and the owner was saying wonderful cat and lucky to have him. This got me to thinking... Our pets are a reflection of us. The love and care we put into them comes out in their personalities. You really cannot get a pet and just expect them to be a wonderful cat or dog. You have to put into them your positive energies to get back out of them the enjoyment and love you want back. Maybe this isn't so profound but you hear of people who have gotten a dog and they return it because it just wasn't what they expected. There really aren't any bad pets, just bad owners.

I agree, very well said.:) I do think that males tend to be more goofy though especially orange cats.;) Females, at least my two, seem to be drama queens and little things seem to bother them more.

IRescue452
05-30-2011, 02:06 PM
"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~ Immanual Kant