PDA

View Full Version : Need help tracing a lace hanky...

moosmom
05-27-2011, 05:54 AM
I know someone from PT sent me a lace hanky while I was in Michigan. I have kept it all these years in the box that has RB Casey's remains.

My daughter is getting married a week from tomorrow (yes, believe it or not I AM stressed!!!). She will be carrying that lace hanky as something "old". Okay, so I told her a little white lie and said it was her great grandmothers.

My memory isn't so good. I believe it was Carole(??) who sent is to me but not sure.

Can anyone own up to this so I can give them proper credit and let them know they've made my daughter VERY happy!!!

Yes, I will post pictures. I'm one happy MOB!!

Thanks!

Laura's Babies
05-27-2011, 09:26 AM
It wasn't me but WOW! It is so close to time for that wedding! WOW!! Are you getting excited?

moosmom
05-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Laura,

It is getting close. Excited? A little. You have to understand what I'm up against here. My ex-husband and his wife (she has hated my guts for many years and caused so much anxiety and heartbreak) have held a grudge against me (I got over it 20 years ago and figured she's just neurotic) and I don't have any of my family coming to the wedding. They have put Amy in a difficult position. To the point of telling Amy that I am not invited to the rehearsal dinner. My brother, who is in NC, got wind of it and was totally pissed off. He called me and said to pick any restaurant I want and take my BFF (whose daughter is in the wedding) Sue to dinner. I chose Ruth's Chris Steak House, a very expensive place. He always seems to come through at the most difficult times. He said he's thoroughly disappointed in Amy, because I lived without $200/month so she could have the photographer of her dreams. He called her selfish and self centered. I had no argument, to be honest with you. She's been so disrespectful to me lately I don't call her. I'm glad Amy has Paul to watch her back. Once she says "I Do" she's onto a totally different journey and I'm finally just a mother-in-law and step-grandma!!!!!

I DO however have a table full of my close, dear friends to watch MY back. Paul told me stay away from those two. I plan on it. I'll post pictures. My SIL in paying to have my make-up professionally done. I couldn't ask for a better son-in-law!!!

I think Carole may have sent me the hankie. I'll PM her.

wombat2u2004
05-28-2011, 02:49 AM
Nope. Wasn't me.
I sat up all last night scanning my diary.
Not a thing....sorry. :D

moosmom
05-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks Wom. I kinda KNEW you weren't the "hankie" type!!!;)

sirrahbed
05-30-2011, 07:46 AM
It was me, Donna:) It belonged to my grandmother Tupacz from Schenectady. That will indeed be something "old" for your daughter's wedding XD Now, dry your tears - on a kleenex LOL

Catty1
05-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Sirrahbed - wow. What a wonderful gift, and so precious to you. How old would the hankie be? Any history on it - handmade, or made overseas?

Again, what a wonderfully thoughtful gift.:love:

moosmom
05-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Deb,

Thank you SO much for speaking up!! You will be happy to know that she will be carrying the hankie as she walks down the isle. She'll have it wrapped around her bouquet.

Yes, I will have a purse full of Kleenex. It's in my car ready to go!

I'll post pictures, I promise. Hell, I'm paying for them!!!

Thanks again!!

Love and hugs,

Donna:love:

sirrahbed
05-30-2011, 10:42 AM
Sirrahbed - wow. What a wonderful gift, and so precious to you. How old would the hankie be? Any history on it - handmade, or made overseas?

Again, what a wonderfully thoughtful gift.:love:

yup, the hankies have history. At seventeen, my grandmother immigrated from Poland through Ellis Island in 1905 and to make a living, she did housecleaning plus hand stitching and embroidery - hankies, dresser scarves, pillow cases, tablecloths, doilies, etc. Some had hand tatted lace too. Mom tells me she had some wealthy clients who could afford such little luxuries. I have several sets of her pillow cases and a stack of her hankies. Hankies also seemed to me like such a fancy item - can't imagine blowing my nose on them :D Guess they are more for dabbing daintily at tears. My dad *always* carried plain cotton ones to blow his nose - yuck! Give me disposable kleenex!!

moosmom
06-01-2011, 02:40 PM
WOW!! I've learned so much about that hankie and your family history! Thanks Deb. And no, blowing her nose in it is not an option. I'll have Kleenex on hand for her AND ME!!!!

You rock!!