PDA

View Full Version : Thursday's #431: Master, the Troy Bilt LIVES!!!!!

Lady's Human
05-26-2011, 10:29 AM
And I'm sitting at the bar and having a beer.

Anyone wants anything complicated, LOH will be tending for a while.

The DOTD, in honor of the tiller, (Because it sure kicks like one)

The Mule's hind leg:

1/2 oz gin
1/2 oz apple brandy
1/3 oz benedictine herbal liqueur
1/3 oz apricot brandy
1/3 oz maple syrup

Shake and strain into an old-fashioned glass three-quarters filled with broken ice.

Careful, looks like it falls under the heading of One takillya, two takillya, three takillya FLOOR!

gini
05-26-2011, 11:26 AM
I just took the broom handle and poked that drink in the glass and something inside roared - flashed out of the glass and ate the end
of the broom handle.

Nope - I am not taking another chance. I brought some breakfast
for everyone (bagels, cream cheese, smoked salmon), but I am
serving it on the back patio outside.

lvpets2002
05-26-2011, 11:43 AM
:p Gini did this happen before or after you had already had a drink..:D

Yup lets me have a LIT w/fruit please.. MMmm Bagels & Phillie please..

I just took the broom handle and poked that drink in the glass and something inside roared - flashed out of the glass and ate the end
of the broom handle.

Nope - I am not taking another chance. I brought some breakfast
for everyone (bagels, cream cheese, smoked salmon), but I am
serving it on the back patio outside.

gini
05-26-2011, 11:54 AM
It was "before" I tasted it - I couldn't get near the glass. I was sweeping up a bit and the glass was on the bar and the glass started to wobble and the contents sloshed in the glass. I poked it with the broom stick handle and that's when the contents jumped out and ate the top of the broom stick handle.

I think it is a potion of some kind. Where did they get that recipe? It will scare the daylights out of you - I wonder what else it can do?

:D

smokey the elder
05-26-2011, 01:38 PM
You sure that didn't come out of Snape's notebook?:D:p

Pinot's Mom
05-26-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't know where it came from, but I'm not poking, prodding, touching or drinking it!:eek:

...little late for B-fast for me...had lunch already... OK, you talked me into it! A glass of white wine, please, Sauvignon Blanc if you have it.;)

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-26-2011, 02:34 PM
First just so you all know, LH found that not me,

Gini,
I'll have LH fix the broom handle, do you think Orc will like that drink? Are you sure it roared? I thought it was just supposed to kick.
Thanks for breakfast.

lv
bagels and philly cream cheese
DONE!

Smokey
It didn't come out of Snape's notebook, it came off some mixed drink recipe website that LH found.

Pinto
I'll have LH take care of the scary drink, maybe Orc will drink it.

Breakfast and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc
DONE!

RICHARD
05-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Hi guys,

I am here to tend bar for a while.

LOL,

The Craftsman Weed Whacker-known as Shrap Nelly - it's a girl whacker - has gone to the shop to have a tune up.

Troybilt? I had the distinct pleasure of 'trying' to run a a tiller a while back. This thing was beautiful- IF I remember correctly it had a 6.5 horsey power engine, it started on the first try and scared the living crap out of me.

I had to hang on for dear life on a few occasions - Honest to god, I thought I was going to have to pay for the the damages to a conrete block wall that I hit.

It was fun, scary and made me want another motorcycle.:rolleyes:;):D

Since LH thought of the DOTD, I must post this warning for the rest of you.

Do not operate this drink under the influence of a Troybilt Tiller.

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-26-2011, 03:01 PM
This what the drink did to me when I had some;

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3120470060764630180#

to get the full effect watch till daffy and porky drink the drink

momoffuzzyfaces
05-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Richard good to see you checking in. I thought about you last night while the Weather channel was showing the storms we had heading toward Kentucky. So sorry to send those your way. :love:

The sun is actually out right now. First time I've seen it in a long long time. How about a cherry limeade to celebrate!!! :love:

lvpets2002
05-26-2011, 04:08 PM
:p WoW that was some drink.. That was a good cartoon.. Yup Orc watch the video with me & now he wants one of those drinks.. He thinks he is daffy now.. :D

This what the drink did to me when I had some;

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3120470060764630180#

to get the full effect watch till daffy and porky drink the drink

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-27-2011, 11:02 AM
I knew Orc would like it. I know I'll never touch one again.

Making some pork loin chops in the slow cooker with apples and brown sugar and cinnamon. Hope it comes out well. It's the first time I'm making it.

lvpets2002
05-27-2011, 12:12 PM
:rolleyes: No No Orc he did not say go get the pork loins & apples to throw at the cook.. He said that he was cooking the stuff in the cooker.. :p Orc why dont you go get the Mega Water Blaster in case the flames get out of control.. Stand guard ok.. :D Wwwssshhh that was close = could we gets a LIT w/fruit please && we will wait for the pork to get done..:cool:

I knew Orc would like it. I know I'll never touch one again.

Making some pork loin chops in the slow cooker with apples and brown sugar and cinnamon. Hope it comes out well. It's the first time I'm making it.

cassiesmom
05-27-2011, 12:15 PM
The Mule's Hind Leg sounds pretty potent! I'll pass on that. (Maybe I should have one to drown my sorrow over the Bulls blowing a 12-point lead with 3 minutes to go :eek:) But it's a lovely sunny Friday afternoon in Chicago ... could I please have iced tea?

lvpets2002
05-27-2011, 12:19 PM
:) Its Dejavo for us.. Us Dallas Mavricks in 2006 went to the finalls with the Miami Heat.. And we blew it then == But now I think we will Power On.. GoGo Dallas Mavricks..

QUOTE=cassiesmom;2356839]The Mule's Hind Leg sounds pretty potent! I'll pass on that. (Maybe I should have one to drown my sorrow over the Bulls blowing a 12-point lead with 3 minutes to go :eek:) But it's a lovely sunny Friday afternoon in Chicago ... could I please have iced tea?[/QUOTE]

Queen of Poop
05-27-2011, 01:30 PM
May I have something fruity please with a very large umbrella? And maybe a side of water wings? It's still raining and now we've got flooding.

Lady's Human
05-27-2011, 02:10 PM
One LIT, on virgin iced tea, and one slushy for the Queen!

DONE!

Now where did my wife go, she was supposed to be tending the bar this weekend......I'll just have to beat her later. :p

lvpets2002
05-27-2011, 04:03 PM
:) Make sure your wife dont run into the Orc or she will get the Mega Water Blaster on her..:D

One LIT, on virgin iced tea, and one slushy for the Queen!

DONE!

Now where did my wife go, she was supposed to be tending the bar this weekend......I'll just have to beat her later. :p

Lady's Human
05-27-2011, 04:08 PM
I ain't sayin' NUFFIN!

lvpets2002
05-27-2011, 04:14 PM
:p Now whats it worth that I dont copy & paste the PM you sent me??:D

I ain't sayin' NUFFIN!

slick
05-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Note to self: For a pick-me-up, come to the bar. LOLOLOL :D:D:D

It's been a while since I giggled while in the Dog House. OMDog, this is funny. Gini....it's the visual. :D:D

since I'm still trying to watch my weight (and I keep on watchin' and it's doing nuttin') I've brought along some cut up veggies and hummus.

I'm feeling very adventurous today so I'll have a DOTD. Bring it on LH and make it a double. Does anyone know how to call 911 in case something happens??? :D:p:eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-29-2011, 05:28 PM
since I'm still trying to watch my weight (and I keep on watchin' and it's doing nuttin') I've brought along some cut up veggies and hummus.

Time to get my eyes checked!!! I thought you brought cut up veggies and humans!!! :D

You can all come to my house for some live music. Not good music mind you but very live and very loud. some kids on the block, bless their little pea pickin hearts, have formed what they claim is a band. They practice (and practice and practice) every day. (and very very loud - I live half a block away)

Wouldn't be so bad if it was music but it's the sort of where everyone just gets an instrument and does their own thing as long as they can until someone faints.

I swear I expect to see Satan prancing across my yard some times. :eek:

Bring your ear plugs and come on over. I'll introduce you to the back porch babies and give you chili dawgs and drinks. :D:love:

Lady's Human
05-29-2011, 08:02 PM

I'm feeling very adventurous today so I'll have a DOTD. Bring it on LH and make it a double. Does anyone know how to call 911 in case something happens??? :D:p:eek:

Veggies, Humans and a DOTD? Slick, you've been hanging around Orc too much. Myabe he's related to your boss? :p

Chili dogs? I'm there....and I think I might be able to "fix" their amps........insert evil laughter here.

RICHARD
05-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Hi everyone.

I have had a so-so week and should be here to do some work.

A chilidog sounds great-I went to Rallys a few weeks ago and indulged myself in one -but THAT didn't work out so well.

Let me grab a broom out of the L&F and work for my keep.

Done?

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Note to self: For a pick-me-up, come to the bar. LOLOLOL :D:D:D

It's been a while since I giggled while in the Dog House. OMDog, this is funny. Gini....it's the visual. :D:D

Hey Slick, did you make the hummus yourself? I have a really good recipe for homemade hummus if you like? I'll share some of the hummus with you, would you like some whole wheat crackers as well?

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Hi everyone.

I have had a so-so week and should be here to do some work.

A chilidog sounds great-I went to Rallys a few weeks ago and indulged myself in one -but THAT didn't work out so well.

Let me grab a broom out of the L&F and work for my keep.

Done?

Richard, give me that broom, it's not like you don't do enough around here tending the bar you should be able to sit and enjoy yourself one in a while. Let me clean up. If anyone needs to earn their keep around here it should probably be me, I'm not here as often as some of you folks are.

RICHARD
06-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Richard, give me that broom, it's not like you don't do enough around here tending the bar you should be able to sit and enjoy yourself one in a while. Let me clean up. If anyone needs to earn their keep around here it should probably be me, I'm not here as often as some of you folks are.

Here in the bar? I can 'keep on my toes'. :eek:;):D

I am going to close this week and begin the next edition...Time for spring cleaning?

DONE!