PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony's murder trial

pomtzu
05-24-2011, 04:34 PM
The trial started today, and I it's going to be a LONG one. It's being broadcast live on t.v. I'm sure most remember the story - Casey is accused to murdering her daughter Caylee in FL a few years ago. Frankly - I thought she was guilty for all I had heard over the years - but now??? - not so sure anymore.
I didn't get to hear the prosecution's opening statements, but I did hear the defense's! Holy cow - that lawyer turned the whole thing upside down - and what he was saying was very credible and believable. Casey's family was dysfunctional - father abused her, etc, - Caylee accidentally drowned in the family swimming pool, the meter reader that found the body is suspicious, and on and on. I was mesmerized.
One thing I don't understand, and maybe Johanna is reading this and can answer. :) If Casey's parents are to testify, then how could the judge give them permission to be in the courtroom thruout the whole trial?? Hearing other testimony by witnesses and arguments by the attorneys, could influence how they answer when they have to testify. The father was already on the stand today, I think he's lying thru his teeth!!! I smell a rat.
Has anyone else been following this case at all? If so - what do you think??

For those of you that are home during the day, and you find murder mysteries interesting, then you should watch it. It is on TRUTV and HLN if you get these stations on cable.

Alysser
05-24-2011, 05:07 PM
I guess considering I didn't hear any of the defense's statements or any of the other arguments I can't really form an opinion on this case. I remember when this happened, however I never really looked into the details. At the beginning of the year, we had to do a research project about mothers who killed their own children for school and one group did this. I recall hearing that they found tape on the skull with stickers found in the home and the people also said that they found searches on shovels and knives or something on her computer history which I found very weird. I mean, it's not like she had a reason to be searching these things and it was perfect timing if you ask me. I think she also asked the neighbor for a shovel or something.

My question is why would they dump the body if she DROWNED in the pool?? Why would there be tape on the body? Didn't the grandparents not see her for a month before all this took place? Why were the police not called sooner?

All I know this is a very complex case and I feel so bad that Caylee was involved with this family. :(

Cataholic
05-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Sorry, Pom, I just saw this! The judge would allow everyone to sit in on opening statements, as this is not testimony. Then, after opening statements, one of the attorneys would move for a separation of witnesses, and anyone testifying would have to leave, unless they were a party.

caseysmom
05-25-2011, 08:09 PM
I think she is completely guilty and throwing her father under the bus. She had not a care in the world while her daughter was dead, her mother drove her to the police station when they hadn't seen their granddaughter for a month.

pomtzu
05-26-2011, 06:17 AM
I think she is completely guilty and throwing her father under the bus. She had not a care in the world while her daughter was dead, her mother drove her to the police station when they hadn't seen their granddaughter for a month.

At this point, I don't believe her or her father! It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

pomtzu
05-26-2011, 06:21 AM
Sorry, Pom, I just saw this! The judge would allow everyone to sit in on opening statements, as this is not testimony. Then, after opening statements, one of the attorneys would move for a separation of witnesses, and anyone testifying would have to leave, unless they were a party.

Both parents were in the courtroom thru the testimony that started the same day as opening arguments. They were there all day yesterday, so I suppose they'll be there today too.
I don't get it. :confused:

caseysmom
05-26-2011, 09:17 AM
I have listened to it on headphones at work but which tv station is it on?

And whatever happened to court tv?

Marigold2
05-26-2011, 09:47 AM
My wish for her is that she gets to share a cell with OJ.

pomtzu
05-26-2011, 10:20 AM
I have listened to it on headphones at work but which tv station is it on?

And whatever happened to court tv?

It's on TruTV till 3 p.m. Eastern Time, and then continues on HNL.
I guess Court TV is still around, but I don't get it in my cable lineup.

lvpets2002
05-26-2011, 11:53 AM
:confused: I really dont know what to think about the whole Damn bunch of the family.. I dont think we have heard the same story each time told.. It was all news to me about the swimming pool drowning..:rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-26-2011, 03:21 PM
My wish for her is that she gets to share a cell with OJ.

Not me. They would both enjoy that too much. :love:

caseysmom
05-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Not me. They would both enjoy that too much. :love:

hahaha they probably would!!!

Scooter's Mom
05-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Court TV became Tru TV a few years back.

My husband was telling me about the trial on our way home today... his first statement was, 'She threw her family under the bus'.

Cataholic
05-27-2011, 05:52 AM
E- it isn't a requirement that either side moves for separation, but it is often, if not usually, done. Perhaps since it is broadcasted, no one sees a need???

Medusa
06-04-2011, 06:19 PM
It's on TruTV till 3 p.m. Eastern Time, and then continues on HNL.
I guess Court TV is still around, but I don't get it in my cable lineup.

I think Court TV is now Tru TV.

I found myself getting wrapped up in this case. I do believe Casey killed Caylee but her father gives me the creeps. I'm not buying into the sexual molestation bit but somehow I think he's involved. Maybe he knew about the murder, I don't know. I doubt that we'll ever know.

I had a friend like Casey. She lied just to lie and I busted her several times but her explanations were always plausible so that our friends dismissed what I had to say. I knew she was involved in some funny stuff but I didn't know what it was. Even her death is mysterious. It was ruled a suicide but all of her friends, including me, insist that it was murder made to look like a suicide. None of us wants to investigate further, however, b/c we don't want to be murdered! This just isn't our world and we don't want to enter.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Casey's brother Lee, is the one who creeps me out. Specially that speech he gave at Caylee's memorial to CMA. Whom he admitted was Casey. The way he said he loves her SO much and misses her SO much and missed holding her blah blah blah. My brother loves me too but if he ever talked like that to me, I'd run. The only time we even hug is when we see each other. He hasn't been home since 1999 when Dad died so a hug then would be ok to me. :love:

Asiel
06-04-2011, 06:27 PM
I read some of the case. to me I thought it was an open and closed case. I really think she did kill her own daughter but the whole family gives me the creeps so I don't know if I'll want to follow the rest. The whole thing is just too sad...not for them but for the daughter...:(

Medusa
06-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Yes, I'd have to say that the entire family creeps me out, too. I did feel compassion for Cindy, however, when she broke down on the stand. I didn't care for her before then and I still don't but I couldn't help but feel for her then.

sasvermont
06-04-2011, 09:10 PM
I think the family has no class. Plain and simple. They don't relate well to other people. There seems to be a main theme to the family - screwed up - and I think "dysfunctional" group at best. They should all be medicated.

How's that for being abrupt!

I was in bed, ill, for a few days, and had cable TV then. I watched three days of the trial. I did feel sorry for Cindy, as she was having to recall the first few days of the child missing.

Having worked with attorneys etc. on criminal matters, I know how rehearsed much of the testimony is, so I usually figure at least 50% of what comes out in court is either a lie or greatly exaggerated.

I do think the little girl's Mom killed her.

There will be books published, of course. How else can they pay for this circus.

As the stomach turns.

pomtzu
06-05-2011, 05:48 AM
IMO, the whole family is nuts. The only one I feel the least bit sorry for, is Cindy.
Maybe Caylee really did drown in the pool, but Casey and George both tried to cover it up. George is creepy and weird - a former cop turned security guard??? - a rent-a-cop - a real cop wanna-be??? Strange - it usually works in reverse. He was just too cool and calm when he learned Caylee was missing for 31 days too. And he tried to commit suicide??? - claims he was despondent because they couldn't get Caylee's remains released for burial??? I don't buy any of his crap.
And both parents never asked Casey who the father was when they found out she was pregnant??? And they never asked for any info on Zanny for 2 years?? What if there had been an emergency and Casey was sick or injured and couldn't get Caylee - how are George or Cindy going to get her if they don't have so much as a phone #?? Of course there was no nanny, but they didn't know that at the time. Yup - the whole family is nuts!!!
This whole sham of a trial is just a ploy to put doubt in the mind of the jurors, to try to avoid the death penalty for Casey. She probably will avoid it, but spend the rest of her life in prison. Frankly, if I was in her shoes, I'd rather be dead than face what she will have to face as a prisoner. Child abusers/molesters/murderers are the most hated prisoners of all, by other prisoners. She will probably have to live out her life locked up 23 hours per day, for her own protection. That beautiful little girl Caylee should still be here, and her wacko mother is the one that needs to be dead!
Glad I'm not on that jury............

Medusa
06-05-2011, 06:46 AM
There will be books published, of course. How else can they pay for this circus.

There's a law now that says you can't profit from your crime so if any of them are found guilty and complicit in the case, they won't be able to write about it and profit from it. Of course, that won't stop the ones who aren't found guilty from writing/profiting.

And both parents never asked Casey who the father was when they found out she was pregnant???

Wasn't there a paternity test done to see if Lee was the father? What a "family"!

pomtzu
06-05-2011, 07:01 AM
Wasn't there a paternity test done to see if Lee was the father? What a "family"!

I don't know - I never heard that one

And just another thing Casey deserves if she is locked up permanently. Her cell walls need to be covered with pics of her "good life" - not only her partying, but with all the pics of herself with Caylee depicting what a loving and attentive mother that she was supposed to be. Those images should never be allowed to fade from her memory and she should be reminded with every breath that she takes, of what she gave up. Perhaps pics of Caylee's remains should be there too. IMO, Casey deserves all of that. :mad:

Medusa
06-05-2011, 07:22 AM
I'm pretty sure there was a paternity test done on Lee.

As for Casey, I doubt that anything will make her remorseful. I think she lacks a conscience. She'll only miss her family paying for everything and she'll miss her partying, that's all. She shows no emotion regarding Caylee and the fact that she waited 31 days to tell her family that Caylee was "missing" proves that. She wouldn't even have told them then if Cindy hadn't pressed her so hard. She'll probably get life in prison but I'll just bet that she'll get a new trial b/c Baez is so inexperienced and has already made quite a few blunders. Other attorneys have commented on it and also on his lack of professionalism, posing for photos w/onlookers outside the courthouse, etc. How tacky!

pomtzu
06-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Sure she'll get a new trial, and there will be appeal after appeal after appeal. The FL taxpayers will just love all of that, I'm sure.
I don't normally follow any cases closely - just catch updates on the news - but I have this one on t.v. all day. I'm not necessarily watching it, but I'm listening to most of it anyway when I'm able to. For some reason, I got sucked into this case. I must like big train wrecks........:eek:

Medusa
06-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Sure she'll get a new trial, and there will be appeal after appeal after appeal. The FL taxpayers will just love all of that, I'm sure.
I don't normally follow any cases closely - just catch updates on the news - but I have this one on t.v. all day. I'm not necessarily watching it, but I'm listening to most of it anyway when I'm able to. For some reason, I got sucked into this case. I must like big train wrecks........:eek:

LOL, same here.

lizbud
06-05-2011, 08:14 AM

I haven'tbeen following this case, just reading brief accounts here & there.
I think the whole family sounds like a strange bunch.

One big trial that I did follow closely was the O J trial. Most of it was on TV too. He got away with murder if you ask me.

pomtzu
06-09-2011, 02:06 PM
What a bleepin coward that Casey is. All day, pics of the crime scene have been presented, including the remains of Caylee, and she has had her head down or turned away and won't look at them. IMO - she should have been made to view each and every one!!! And that phony "crying" and dabbing her eyes and blowing her nose??? B.S.!!!!! :mad:

And I sure would like to have an expert in interpreting body language weigh in on this action of hers~~~~~~~whenever she is wearing a shirt or sweater with long sleeves, she is constantly pulling the sleeves down past the knuckles on her hands. Trying to hide the hands that took her daughter's life, maybe???? I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned by at least one of the many people reporting on her actions. I think there's more to it than just a nervous action on her part!!! :mad:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Yep, I'd tie her to her chair and make her take it. If they let her leave everytime she boo hoos they will never get done. I'd be tempted to convict her just because she is annoying and keeping me away from home if I was on the jury. How lucky for us all I'm not, eh? ;)

pomtzu
06-09-2011, 03:35 PM
She's lucky I'm not on the jury, too! :eek: I sure hope that she doesn't get the death penalty. That's way too easy for her. Let her rot in prison for the rest of her life, and let the other prisoners make her life a living hell! :mad:

Not very Christian or forgiving of me, is it? But when it comes to kids and animals being abused or killed, then my blood boils.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-09-2011, 04:24 PM
On HLN they just said it is questionable right now if there will be a trial tomorrow. Depends on how Casey feels. Well whaa whaa whaa!!! What about the jury who are having to be away from their families for months? :rolleyes:

If I were the judge I'd tell her, the trial will go on with or without you. If they stop it because she doesn't feel well, she will never feel well enough to finish the trial. Yep, I'm mean too in this case. :love:

Medusa
06-09-2011, 05:19 PM
I didn't watch much of it today. Been a little under the weather for the last couple of days. However, what I did see was part of Casey's crying, etc. The tugging on her sleeves just told me that she was cold. She's thin and maybe the court room is cold, I don't know. If she is chilling, then maybe she really does have a bug of some sort. A couple of the commentators suggested that perhaps she's being medicated b/c her movements are almost in slow motion, even her blinking and wiping away tears. I thought that before they mentioned it b/c I've known people who were on meds and their movements were similar. Honestly, I'm getting bored w/it now. If/when Casey goes on the stand, I'll be sure to watch. I doubt she will, though.

Alysser
06-09-2011, 06:50 PM
I know this case is hard, and I know she seems like a scumbag, especially if she did kill her own daughter. But some of these comments are a little outrageous. Scumbag or not, she deserves a fair trial just like everyone else. She deserves whatever sentence she gets if she pleads guilty and really has done this horrendous crime. Everyone deserves a fair trial no matter how much evidence is pointing to the truth, no matter how much of a scumbag the criminal is, etc. Say she didn't do it, which is unlikely but hey it could be true I sure as hell don't believe it, but just say she didn't. She really doesn't deserve to be going through all this if she isn't the criminal.

The whole family is a bunch of wackos to me.

caseysmom
06-10-2011, 12:22 AM
All the evidence points to her alone, she is costing the state a ton of money and putting her family through hell, its hard to feel sympathy. Poor little Caylee needs justice.

Medusa
06-10-2011, 10:45 AM
I've watched a little today and Casey is still acting. I don't buy the tears. When she should've cried is when Caylee was first "missing" instead of dancing and joining hot body contests, etc. Even if the tears are genuine, too little, too late.

lvpets2002
06-10-2011, 11:05 AM
:o Well you know when a person is drunk & on drugs they dont really know what they did until the sobering has begun.. Missy Prissy has been locked up in jail long enough that the sobering has very much taken affect..

I've watched a little today and Casey is still acting. I don't buy the tears. When she should've cried is when Caylee was first "missing" instead of dancing and joining hot body contests, etc. Even if the tears are genuine, too little, too late.

pomtzu
06-10-2011, 11:05 AM

I've been watching today too - and I'd bet anything that those tears are what we used to call "crocodile tears"! As much as she is blowing and rubbing that nose of her, it should look like Rudolph's. I think when anybody cries even a little, their nose always gets red. I'd love to wipe that pouty look off her face too. Boy - talk about a Drama Queen. :mad:

momcat
06-12-2011, 01:50 PM
When this story first broke, I was sure Casey was guilty but now I don't know what to think. As for George and Cindy, I believe they know much more about what happened than they're saying. If Caylee did accidently drown, why the coverup? How did she get in the pool in the first place? When her remains were found, why was there duct tape across her face? The nanny story feel apart early on.

Pictures of Casey with Caylee show a loving and devoted mother, then pictures of Casey partying show someone out there having a blast with no concerns about anything. All this while her 3 year old was missing? As for her behavior in court, give her an academy award!

From Casey it has been lie after lie right from the start. And she doesn't understand why she's not being seen as a victim!

pomtzu
06-12-2011, 02:15 PM
George definitely knows more than he's saying, but I don't really think that Cindy does. The more I see and hear of Lee - well, I'm beginning to think he is involved - big time. Could it be that Casey is covering for him??? As I have expressed previously - the whole family is wacko IMO. Now to try to figure which one really is responsible for Caylee's death.
I wonder who and what the defense will present - and how can they dispute any of the expert evidence that has already been presented??? Casey needs to take the stand, but I doubt that she will. The prosecution would rip her to shreds!
More drama to continue tomorrow...........:rolleyes:

Medusa
06-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Well, the defense doesn't have to prove that Casey did it but the prosecution does and as it stands right now, they haven't done that. I was ready to convict her but after seeing her family, I'm wondering. It's her car and they've pretty well proven that Caylee's body was in the trunk but they haven't proven that Casey put it there or that she had anything to do w/Caylee's disappearance. Lousy mom? Oh yeah. No good mom parties and carries on the way she did when her little girl is missing and she doesn't even report it. That doesn't mean she committed the murder, though, and the prosecution had better find some hook or she's liable to be acquitted or at least granted a new trial.

As for George being an ex-cop and being too smart to try to cover it up, it happens. Right here where I live, just 20 minutes away, a cop murdered his girlfriend b/c she was pregnant and he already had several children out of wedlock and he didn't want to financially support another one. He tried to cover up the murder scene w/bleach b/c he knew that had been successful in the past for other murder suspects but he had an accomplice who was mentally challenged and she confessed and incriminated him. He's now serving life in prison. (I wish I could think of the names of those involved but I can't. It happened here a few years ago. The victim's body was discovered not too far from here.) I think both George and Lee are somehow involved or Lee at least knows more than he's telling. It'll be interesting next week, that's for sure.

ETA: For the record, I do think Casey did it. It's the heart sticker that did it for me b/c she put a sticker like that on each pet that she had when it died. Dr. G ruled it a homicide but based on investigative analysis and past cases, not on any "proof". That's not good for the prosecution and I'm sure Baez is going to jump all over that, if he's a decent attorney anyhow.

pomtzu
06-12-2011, 02:46 PM
You're right Mary - so far no one can prove that Casey did it - even tho she probably did or knows who did. It doesn't make sense that she would dump the body so close to home and so close to the road tho. I don't mean to sound morbid or offend anybody, but being in FL, there are plenty of other places she could have gotten rid of it and alligators would have seen to it that no remains were ever found. Wasn't there a video of a police search for an alligator in a pond near her home, when they were presenting the cadaver dog videos? Too many things just don't add up.
And that heart shaped sticker just freaks me out. How sick!!!

momcat
06-12-2011, 03:04 PM
You're right Mary - so far no one can prove that Casey did it - even tho she probably did or knows who did. It doesn't make sense that she would dump the body so close to home and so close to the road tho. I don't mean to sound morbid or offend anybody, but being in FL, there are plenty of other places she could have gotten rid of it and alligators would have seen to it that no remains were ever found. Wasn't there a video of a police search for an alligator in a pond near her home, when they were presenting the cadaver dog videos? Too many things just don't add up.
And that heart shaped sticker just freaks me out. How sick!!!

I totally agree with you about Caylee's remains being so close to the Anthony's home. Somehow I remember in the early days of the search, the area where the remains were located was searched but nothing was found. Then the utility worker made the discovery a few weeks later. This is so convoluted I could well be mistaken about the previous search but at this point anything is possible.

It's important to remember that the jury isn't hearing all the things we are, only what the judge deems admissable. Plus, the prosecutor must convince all 12 jurors of guilt while the defense only needs to convince one of reasonable doubt.

Medusa
06-12-2011, 03:24 PM
And yet, could it possibly be that whomever buried Caylee (probably Casey) figured that b/c it was so close to home that the area wouldn't be searched? Ridiculous and perhaps arrogant thinking but she's told so many lies and made up so many stories, all of which were easily disproven b/c she didn't think them through, that perhaps she buried Caylee's body w/o thinking that through also.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Wasn't most of that area under water when they first serched it because of a hurricane that had gone through? As for it being close to home, that's where lots of murders stash their kills. They use an area they are familiar with. That could also be why the body was closer to the road than people think it should have been. The flood water may have moved it.

If anyone else in the family is involved, my guess would be Lee. That message he gave to CMA (Cassie) at Caylee's memorial was just way too creepy.

As for her being a bad mother, it's not that hard to act loving to a child as long as there is a camera in your face. I had a step sister like that. :love:

When Cassie was taped in jail whinning because she was the victim, she gave a big clue. She is a control freak and was having a fit because she was no longer in control. I think she resented her baby because she could no longer do what she wanted when she wanted. The fact that her mom loved Caylee so much made things worse because that made her also jealous of Caylee. I think she pulled a Susan Smith and got rid of that baby.

The duct tape does it for me. No reason to put duct tape over the mouth of a baby who drowned.

pomtzu
06-12-2011, 03:59 PM
What I found strange this week, is that Lee was back on the stand. He testified that Casey told him that Zanny and her sister held Casey down and kidnapped Caylee because Casey was a bad mother and they wanted to teach her a lesson???? :confused::rolleyes: WTF - did he suddenly remember this?? That certainly shot any credibility he might have had, all to h3ll. He didn't mention a word about this when he originally testified. He's covering for Casey - or vise versa! Certainly is an "odd" brother/sister relationship IMO. I can see why he had to have DNA testing to see if he was Caylee's father.

caseysmom
06-12-2011, 10:39 PM
I think its a pretty open and shut case against casey. Are we all watching the same trial...just my opinion.

Dr.G put the nail in the coffin for me, casey had an ethical, moral and legal obligation to report her daughter missing and she didn't, she threw her out in a trash bag, there was duct tape on her mouth and casey is saying it was an accident.

Medusa
06-13-2011, 06:29 AM
I think its a pretty open and shut case against casey. Are we all watching the same trial...just my opinion.

Dr.G put the nail in the coffin for me, casey had an ethical, moral and legal obligation to report her daughter missing and she didn't, she threw her out in a trash bag, there was duct tape on her mouth and casey is saying it was an accident.

I think Casey did it as well. My point is that, according to the panel of experts, the prosecution hasn't proved that. Dr. G's testimony was powerful, to be sure, but it was commented that she ruled it a homicide based on past experience and opinion but not on actual fact b/c they can't prove that Casey put the tape on Caylee's mouth or that she was even responsible for putting Caylee in Casey's car trunk. I hope that the jury use their common sense and aren't conned by Casey's theatrics.

pomtzu
06-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Until someone can PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt that she INTENTIONALLY murdered her daughter, then she will never be convicted of 1st degree murder, regardless of how much evidence points to her.
IMO.......:(

Medusa
06-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Until someone can PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt that she INTENTIONALLY murdered her daughter, then she will never be convicted of 1st degree murder, regardless of how much evidence points to her.

Exactly.

Marigold2
06-14-2011, 07:07 PM
I don't watch, it is so sad to me. This poor little girl. I really don't need to hear how she suffered. I have hope that the justice system will work and mom or whomever is guilty will be punished.

Asiel
06-14-2011, 07:45 PM

I tned out way back. I just couldn't handle the testimony and it literally made me sick so best I didn't hear all the gory details.... but I just have to ask this question unless you were just making a point (which I think you were). But how do you unintentionally kill your daughter when it's murder?
In any case I do hope they can prove without a shadow of a doubt and I hope she gets what she deserves...beyond sad :(

wombat2u2004
06-14-2011, 09:34 PM

There's been too many innocent people who have received the death penalty and executed in the past is why.

mrspunkysmom
06-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Yes, short of a video of the murder or coverup, or catching her red-handed like Jeffry Dahmer, the best sentence is life w/o parole.

Her behavior and attitude during this process have hurt her, not helped her.

caseysmom
06-14-2011, 09:48 PM
There is overwhelming evidence that she did it, I believe she will be conviced.

Medusa
06-15-2011, 06:33 AM
I tned out way back. I just couldn't handle the testimony and it literally made me sick so best I didn't hear all the gory details.... but I just have to ask this question unless you were just making a point (which I think you were). But how do you unintentionally kill your daughter when it's murder? (

If I may, I think what Ellie meant is premeditated murder and that's murder in the first degree.

The heart shaped sticker and the duct tape did it for me. As was pointed out, the tape was wrapped around and around, not just a little piece across the nose and mouth. I can just picture her being so angry that she kept wrapping Caylee in that duct tape, angry at her mother, angry at Caylee for spoiling all her fun, etc.

pomtzu
06-15-2011, 06:34 AM
I tned out way back. I just couldn't handle the testimony and it literally made me sick so best I didn't hear all the gory details.... but I just have to ask this question unless you were just making a point (which I think you were). But how do you unintentionally kill your daughter when it's murder?
In any case I do hope they can prove without a shadow of a doubt and I hope she gets what she deserves...beyond sad :(

I guess I worded that wrong - I should have said "intentionally caused her daughter's death".
Casey could have been trying to drug Caylee and get her to sleep, so that she could party hardy, without intending to kill her with a dose of chloroform. That's what I meant.
Of course I believe that she did it, but if I was on that jury, I couldn't give her the death sentence. There are no witnesses to Caylee's death, there are no fingerprints of Casey's anywhere linking her to the crime. Show me those, and I would say to fry her too!
Too many loose ends at this point. We'll see how the defense goes...........

Asiel
06-15-2011, 07:34 AM
I guess I worded that wrong - I should have said "intentionally caused her daughter's death".
Casey could have been trying to drug Caylee and get her to sleep, so that she could party hardy, without intending to kill her with a dose of chloroform. That's what I meant.
Of course I believe that she did it, but if I was on that jury, I couldn't give her the death sentence. There are no witnesses to Caylee's death, there are no fingerprints of Casey's anywhere linking her to the crime. Show me those, and I would say to fry her too!
Too many loose ends at this point. We'll see how the defense goes...........

I forgot about the premeditated clause. That angers me even more. So if you don't sit for a month and plan how and when you're going to kill your daughter then I guess you get away ith it. I guess I'm like Medussa...the duct tape did it for me plus stuffing her in the trash pointed to guilt on her part or common sense would have made her call for help.
Too many loopholes in the system for me. But then we aren't the law. Sad how the system can help so many kids but still have some fall through the cracks. It's open and shut as far as I'm concerned but like you said...nowadays you need a videao to prove your point.

Medusa
06-15-2011, 08:36 AM
Of course I believe that she did it, but if I was on that jury, I couldn't give her the death sentence. There are no witnesses to Caylee's death, there are no fingerprints of Casey's anywhere linking her to the crime. Show me those...........

And there lies the problem, which is why some suspect that George might be involved. Obviously, I don't know whether or not he is involved in the actual murder or disposal of the body but my instincts tell me that he at least knows something that the rest don't know. I'm no body language expert but I have been interested in body language all my life and when he was questioned as to whether or not he sexually molested Casey, his facial expression belied his answer in the negative. Some read it as anger that he was even being asked the question. I read it as shame and fear that he was going to pressed on the matter. He probably will be pressed when the defense presents its case. That's what Baez is chomping at the bit to get started; turn the attention away from Casey and point the finger at George. There's no way this was a drowning accident. When Cindy mentioned it, Casey actually snickered and said "Surprise, surprise". Did Baez not see that jailhouse tape???

pomtzu
06-15-2011, 09:59 AM
.the duct tape did it for me plus stuffing her in the trash pointed to guilt on her part or common sense would have made her call for help.

But.......who saw Casey put her in the trash bag and dump the body??? No one!!! Where are the fingerprints on the duct tape and/or trashbag??? There are none!
Don't get me wrong - I'm in no way defending Casey - but she may benefit by all the loopholes in the system. Yes - people are convicted based on circumstantial evidence all the time. But at the same time, people are also wrongly convicted and spend their life in prison and are even put to death, only to have it proven much later, that they were not guilty afterall.

I'm no body language expert but I have been interested in body language all my life and when he was questioned as to whether or not he sexually molested Casey, his facial expression belied his answer in the negative.

I noticed this too. When he was asked the question, he had been looking straight ahead, but before he answered, he lowered his gaze and then looked back up again before he answered "no I did not".

I believe that George and/or Lee know a lot more than they are telling.

caseysmom
06-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Nobody saw scott peterson kill and dump Lacy either but he's sitting in prison.

moosmom
06-15-2011, 11:12 AM
The fact that she was partying while they were looking for Caylee has me convinced that this mother wanted her child gone.

Asiel
06-15-2011, 11:16 AM
But.......who saw Casey put her in the trash bag and dump the body??? No one!!! Where are the fingerprints on the duct tape and/or trashbag??? There are none!
Don't get me wrong - I'm in no way defending Casey - but she may benefit by all the loopholes in the system. Yes - people are convicted based on circumstantial evidence all the time. But at the same time, people are also wrongly convicted and spend their life in prison and are even put to death, only to have it proven much later, that they were not guilty afterall.

Pomtzu---I do get your point. I guess to me it just seems the evidence is so overwhelming that I would just toss her in jail for life. I think the picture of that little girl is a bit much to handle....But I agree about innocent people being found guilty on less evidence than they have here. The law sure does baffle me at times. I just hope this gets solved in a hurry.

I noticed this too. When he was asked the question, he had been looking straight ahead, but before he answered, he lowered his gaze and then looked back up again before he answered "no I did not".

I believe that George and/or Lee know a lot more than they are telling.

Medussa---I think maybe that's part of what angers me the most......deep down I do think George is involved in not such innocent activities....the whole thing just turns my stomach.
I guess kids and animals just makle me feel like we should be protectig them from such monsters and I feel sick when we fail them.

Grace
06-15-2011, 11:36 AM
But....... Where are the fingerprints on the duct tape and/or trashbag??? There are none!

After the amount of time that passed before the body was discovered, any fingerprints on the tape would have disappeared. At least that's what I heard a forensic person say yesterday.

pomtzu
06-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Nobody saw scott peterson kill and dump Lacy either but he's sitting in prison.

Yes - that's true - and this case was mostly circumstantial too. But there was never anyone else as a possible suspect/accessory, was there? In the Anthony case, they have cast suspicion/doubt on George too, and not just Casey. IMO - that's going to be the problem with getting Casey convicted of 1st degree.

The fact that she was partying while they were looking for Caylee has me convinced that this mother wanted her child gone.

I don't think many people would disagree with that. And her tattoo that she got when Caylee was "missing" - "Bella Vita" translates to "beautiful life". Didn't turn out so beautiful afterall, did it Casey??? :mad:

lvpets2002
06-15-2011, 12:32 PM
:rolleyes: And EveryOne Knows What Happens To Child Killers In Prision!! Yup Casey have Bella Vita Now You Piece of $#@*%..

I don't think many people would disagree with that. And her tattoo that she got when Caylee was "missing" - "Bella Vita" translates to "beautiful life". Didn't turn out so beautiful afterall, did it Casey??? :mad:

caseysmom
06-15-2011, 02:25 PM
George's involvement just doesn't add up, if Caylee drowned then why the duct tape. She could have been molested by George but that doesn't give her an excuse to murder her child.

Scott Peterson's defense team made up some other theories of other suspects but it was obvious who did it.

Medusa
06-15-2011, 02:48 PM
I don't believe for a hot second that Caylee drowned but I can't shake the feeling that somehow George is involved. He claims to have attempted suicide quite some time ago and if true I wonder if it's b/c he was involved and not just b/c of all that had transpired up until that time.

Experts are saying that Casey must testify if the defense is going to continue w/the sexual abuse story. Otherwise, it's she said/he said and he's denied it. Many think that she'll crumble on the stand but I'm not so sure about that now. I saw another portion of the tape when she was being questioned about Caylee's disappearance and she was rock hard. She didn't break down and if she was ever going to, it could've been then b/c those cops (especially the one whose name escapes me) really hammered on her. When they left the room and she was alone, she got up, adjusted her blouse and SMILED. Smiled! Even if she didn't murder Caylee, how could she smile knowing that Caylee was dead? This is one cold blooded woman. She has ice water running through her veins.

momcat
06-15-2011, 06:47 PM
As for putting Casey on the stand, I think the defense would be making a huge mistake. The prosecution would tear her to shreds on her non stop lies alone. Whenever Casey was caught in a lie she came up with another lie to get out of it. No matter what, Casey has an answer and or excuse for everything. I don't think she would recognize the truth if it came up and smacked her square in the face.

I still believe that George knows much more than he admits about what happened and possibly was directly involved. That guy is starting to really creep me out. As for Casey's mom, I'm starting to doubt that she was involved in any way and question what she knew and when she knew it.

Asiel
06-15-2011, 08:36 PM
I don't believe for a hot second that Caylee drowned but I can't shake the feeling that somehow George is involved. He claims to have attempted suicide quite some time ago and if true I wonder if it's b/c he was involved and not just b/c of all that had transpired up until that time.

Experts are saying that Casey must testify if the defense is going to continue w/the sexual abuse story. Otherwise, it's she said/he said and he's denied it. Many think that she'll crumble on the stand but I'm not so sure about that now. I saw another portion of the tape when she was being questioned about Caylee's disappearance and she was rock hard. She didn't break down and if she was ever going to, it could've been then b/c those cops (especially the one whose name escapes me) really hammered on her. When they left the room and she was alone, she got up, adjusted her blouse and SMILED. Smiled! Even if she didn't murder Caylee, how could she smile knowing that Caylee was dead? This is one cold blooded woman. She has ice water running through her veins.

Medussa has just printed my feelings in a way that I just couldn't express. I get too tied up in knots when something like this happens and I seem to lose my train of thought.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-16-2011, 12:09 AM
HLN was saying tonight that it came out that Caylee might not have been dead when they put her in the trash bags. Good Lord if the state had evidence of that and didn't let the jury hear it, I think that would be criminal. :eek:

Grace
06-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Interesting article from TIME regarding the forensic evidence -

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2077937,00.html

pomtzu
06-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Interesting article from TIME regarding the forensic evidence -

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2077937,00.html

Interesting article - thanks for posting.
As far as some of the testimony - I question a lot of what Dr. Vass said. He's somewhat of an eccentric nut IMO. He wants to use flies with tracking devices attached, to locate dead bodies??? I wonder how those little suckers would even get off the ground??? :p He testified too, about shockingly high levels of chloroform in the trunk of Casey's car, yet others said it wasn't high at all - and these were all prosecution witnesses. :rolleyes::confused: I have seen a show on one of the cable channels about the "Body Farm" he worked at tho - gross but informative.

Well - now let's see what the defense is going to do. It gets more complicated (real and/or fabricated) by the day. :(

wolfsoul
06-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Whether she killed her kid or not, IMO her behaviour after Caylee was "missing" is enough to put her in jail. Sorry, no normal person lays in bed all day with their bf watching moves and goes partying if they think their child is missing. If you're that screwed in the head you shouldn't be part of society anyways.

pomtzu
06-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Whether she killed her kid or not, IMO her behaviour after Caylee was "missing" is enough to put her in jail. Sorry, no normal person lays in bed all day with their bf watching moves and goes partying if they think their child is missing. If you're that screwed in the head you shouldn't be part of society anyways.

She'll definitely be convicted of something - but what is the big question. There are 7 different charges against her.

caseysmom
06-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Well she already has 6 felonies for stealing checks.

pomtzu
06-16-2011, 01:16 PM
HLN was saying tonight that it came out that Caylee might not have been dead when they put her in the trash bags. Good Lord if the state had evidence of that and didn't let the jury hear it, I think that would be criminal. :eek:

AARRGGHHHHH! I heard it last night too, but only one source is reporting anything about it - NANCY GRACE. Now isn't that a surprise?? :rolleyes: I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt and did a Google search, but darned if I can find anything other than what came out on HLN. She should work for a trash reporting tabloid - IMO.

Medusa
06-16-2011, 06:22 PM
AARRGGHHHHH! I heard it last night too, but only one source is reporting anything about it - NANCY GRACE. Now isn't that a surprise?? :rolleyes: I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt and did a Google search, but darned if I can find anything other than what came out on HLN. She should work for a trash reporting tabloid - IMO.

She and Jane Velez Mitchell are two of a kind. I was gone most of today so I didn't see any court room drama. JVM starts her show by yelling "Issues!" (the name of her show) but it sounds like someone should say "Gezundheit!" She's such an actress w/her exaggerated facial expressions and hand gestures. I like listening to the "experts" but I wish she would stay out of the discussion and just ask questions.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Today on Fox news they were trying to make a big deal because the defense's expert said there was no blood evidence in the car. It doesn't surpised me that there wasn't any. If the baby was tripple bagged before being put in there and if she had no bleeding before death, fluids might not have leaked out into the car.

Seems like Fox news is on the defense side and HLN on the states side. :rolleyes:

momcat
06-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Last night I watched a special with Judge Pirro, very interesting. The defense attorney may face sanctions for holding something back from the prosection. The judge went off on him while the jury was out because of it.

Another thing brought up was Casey's behavior in the courtroom. Film clips show her crying and often looking away from the monitor while the jury is seated. When the jury is out she's laughing, smiling, and acting like this is no big deal.

As for the defense saying the baby accidently drowned, why wait 3 years to bring that up? Judge Pirro made a good point regarding the defense position; if it was an accident why is Casey allowing her father to frame her for a murder that never happened? All they had to do was report the accident and there'd be no need for the trial.

I've only been able to catch bits and pieces of the actual trial but this is getting stranger by the day. Casey and her mother don't get along at all. It was said that Cindy was constantly telling her what a bad mother she was. It was also brought out that Casey and Cindy had a bitter argument the day the baby disappeared.

Every time I think I have this figured out, something new gets tossed into the mix.

moosmom
06-20-2011, 07:23 AM
Catmom,

Welcome to the wonderful world of our totally disfunctional judicial system!! But you already KNOW that!!!:p

I'll call you tonight from my summer home in Farmington. Actually dog sitting for two great dogs, Shadow and her son Jake. She's a black cattle dog and he is a beautiful, chocolate pittie with the personality of a MUSH!

momcat
06-22-2011, 07:06 PM
On this morning's news update they said Casey's story of Calley drowning in the family pool was "borrowed" from another inmate. Someone from the jail called the prosecutor and suggested they talk to this inmate The inmate in question reportedly had a son who drowned in their family pool and was found by his grandfather. The inmate claims she never spoke directly with Casey. Let's see where this one goes.

Medusa
06-22-2011, 09:40 PM
The water is really getting muddy now. Both sides are irritating. This trial has dragged on for too long, at least to keep my attention. If Casey takes the stand, then I'll watch but I doubt that she will. I still think she drugged Caylee, that it was an overdose and that she dumped her like trash. Why the duct tape? Maybe to keep Caylee from crying out, I don't know. Maybe we'll never know. It appears that everyone is lying. How can we believe anything that anyone says?

moosmom
06-23-2011, 07:13 AM
Any "seasoned" defense attorney knows you don't have your client testify in their own behalf. That's why I also doubt she'll take the stand. As far as an inmate's confession, HE'S in prison for a reason, so his credibility is down the toilet. I'm sure he'll agree PROVIDING there's a deal in it for him.

IF, and it's a BIG IF, she does take the stand, I'll be front and center watching it. Until then, I've got better things to do. Let the jury do their job.

I heard that her parents also think she's guilty but don't want her to get the death penalty. That's coming from their attorney.

pomtzu
06-23-2011, 07:42 AM
I have been put to sleep lately with the forensic testimony - I don't really understand most of it - but of course it has to be presented. Some of the experts for the defense are very credible tho, and this is making it even more difficult for the jury. They will be out for a long time deliberating this case IMO. Maybe a hung jury too????

Will Casey take the stand??? I seriously doubt it. She would be ripped apart by the prosecution, and who's going to believe anything she says anyway? How could she possibly explain away her actions following the supposed drowning in the pool? I find it really sad to see the pics of Casey and Caylee together - Casey "appeared" to be such a loving mother toward her. Maybe she was at one time, and then just snapped. And the fight that Casey had with Cindy the night before she disappeared??? Did Casey take Caylee's life to spite her mother? Very possible I think, seeing how much that the grandparents loved and pampered Caylee. People do many strange things to hurt others - the "I'll show you" way of thinking and acting.

In the end, I don't think anyone will ever know the real truth about what happened, with the exception of Casey of course. I'd like to think that she would break under the pressure and spill it all, but she's too cold and heartless for that. She's out to save her own backside, and screw everyone else.

And I don't know about anyone else, but I wish someone would put duct tape over Nancy Grace's mouth, or at least put a sock in it, just to shut her up. Talk about a drama queen and stirring the pot!!! I've heard crap out of her - and only her - that no one else is reporting and is not substantiated. :mad:

Medusa
06-23-2011, 08:12 AM
Yes, I'm w/you, Ellie, regarding Nancy Grace. She's unbelievably rude to her guests, even to the attorneys. She talks over them, interrupts them, ridicules them. Her show is tabloid journalism at its worst. I can only watch for a few minutes, then I have to turn it off. I see that she's going to have Natalie Holloway's mother on her show tonight. She's another one that I don't get. Of course, I sympathize w/her on the loss of her daughter but IMO she crossed the line a long time ago w/her personal appearances. Yes, seek justice for your daughter but it seems now that she just wants the spotlight for herself. I guess once you're in the spotlight, it's difficult to give it up.

Medusa
06-26-2011, 10:10 AM
I didn't watch for a couple of days so I decided to watch yesterday and, of course, the judge called a recess until Monday. Now I'm really confused. Some of the commentators were saying that possibly there could be a plea deal or that Casey is unhappy w/one or both of her male attorneys. I have a sick feeling that she may end up getting off.

pomtzu
06-26-2011, 10:28 AM
I didn't watch it much this week - Cindy and Lee were both back on the stand, both blubbering. It's now looking like Cindy might be lying - saying that she did the Google searches and not Casey. First she was a witness for the prosecution, and now for the defense. :rolleyes: Appears Cindy wants to cast enough doubt so that Casey doesn't get the death sentence.
Yes - yesterday is a total mystery to everyone and no one knows for sure what's going on, as the judge sealed all info. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.
And dear old Nancy-----------if I hear her mention one more time about the duct tape and the heart shaped sticker placed DI-RECT-LY (as she emphatically expresses it) over Caylee's mouth, I think I'll barf. Even that's not the truth, as it was testified to that the heart shaped sticky residue was at the edge and the cut end of the tape.

Medusa
06-26-2011, 11:46 AM
I didn't watch it much this week - Cindy and Lee were both back on the stand, both blubbering. It's now looking like Cindy might be lying - saying that she did the Google searches and not Casey. First she was a witness for the prosecution, and now for the defense. :rolleyes: Appears Cindy wants to cast enough doubt so that Casey doesn't get the death sentence.
Yes - yesterday is a total mystery to everyone and no one knows for sure what's going on, as the judge sealed all info. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.
And dear old Nancy-----------if I hear her mention one more time about the duct tape and the heart shaped sticker placed DI-RECT-LY (as she emphatically expresses it) over Caylee's mouth, I think I'll barf. Even that's not the truth, as it was testified to that the heart shaped sticky residue was at the edge and the cut end of the tape.

LOL I know what you mean. I don't know why I watch her show. Self punishment or something. I like to catch up w/what's happened b/c I just can't sit in front of the TV all day. I'd lose my mind, especially w/court TV. It moves so slowly.

I still can't shake the feeling that George is involved in some way. Perhaps not w/the murder but w/the disposal of the body, although I can't imagine a grandfather doing that but then I can't imagine a mother doing that either. Every time I see the one pic of Caylee looking up w/those big brown eyes I think of my son. His eyes were just like that w/long eyelashes. The thought of anyone harming him at that age makes me squirm.

Do you ever watch Dr. Drew? I gave up on it. He just comes across as a snake oil salesman to me. He's always saying how the thought of what happened to Caylee makes him nauseous. He said it every show! I'm not the only one it bugged b/c I guess people wrote to him and told him to knock it off. He's supposed to be a professional and he acts like a little teenager, saying things like "Don't send me mean email" or "Don't post mean things to me on Twitter". Please.

pomtzu
06-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Okay Mary - another sucker for punishment chiming back in here. I watch Jane, Nancy & Dr Drew, but only if I didn't get much of the actual proceedings for the day. I don't know why I bother to watch any of them, since they all say the same thing and it's all pro-prosecution anyway. Even when the defense has even a somewhat credible witness and brings up points that pokes holes in the prosecution testimony, then those three rip them to shreds and call them liars. :eek: I keep my t.v. on in my bedroom and walk in every so often to see what's going on so I can at least hear some of the arguments by the defense.
And I agree with you about George - all is not peachy with him. Cindy is a manipulative b*tch who would like everyone to think she is all sweetness and nice, and Lee is a spoiled brat. He was blubbering on the stand this week about how hurt and left out he was concerning Casey's pregnancy - that Cindy told him to "let it go", so basically he stayed in his room and sulked and ignored all that transpired around him - said it didn't concern him. He would have had to been blindfolded to not see what was happening all around him, yet he claimed he didn't know this or notice that. Oh sure!!!! :rolleyes:
Oh yeah - this family is dysfunctional - to the MAX!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-26-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm pretty sure Cindy is lying now. Why did she wait 3 years to 'suddenly' tell that it was her that was looking up all those things on the computer. Did she maybe leave her daughter in jail that long to teach her a lesson.

something is very odd about Lee. Getting that upset because he wasn't invited to a baby shower? or at the hospital when Caylee was born, and because he wasn't included? :rolleyes:

Ok, maybe it's my family that's odd. If my brother acted like that I'd call the psych ward. Guys in our family never do the baby showers and certainly don't cry about not being invited, specially years later. :rolleyes:

Even though I really think Casey killed Caylee, I'm betting she gets off. I just hope if she does get off, she gets neutered to protect any further children from her and her whacky famly.

momcat
06-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Since I can't watch the trial during the week, I catch Judge Jeanine Pirro on Saturday night. The Judge gives a balanced commentary with attorneys for both sides giving comments.

Something was mentioned last night on Judge Pirro, a woman who claims she had an affair with George says she knows exactly what happened to Caley. If this is true where was she for 3 years? The attorneys for both sides say her credibility is at best questionable.

It was also brought out that many people are sending money for Casey's prison account and she's making out like a bandit! This family is coming across as a bunch of wierdos. Even on the stand it's one lie after another.

The defense won't put Casey on the stand, her credibility is shot. The prosecution would tear her to shreds on her lies alone. It will be interesting to see if this will go to the jury by the end of the week. It will also be interesting to see how long it will be to reach a verdict.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Well, the big bruhaha over the weekend seems to be that the defense asked for a mistrial (again) claiming Casey isn't compentent to stand trial because of all the stress she is under. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the judge had her examined by 3 different doctors. They declaire she is fine. So the judge said the trial will go on. Casey was smiling when she went into the court room this morning. She's not smiling now. :love:

lvpets2002
06-27-2011, 12:42 PM
:rolleyes: Have you all listen too so told of How Disfunctional The Whole Family Is?? I think they should lock up the whole damn bunch of the family..

momcat
06-27-2011, 06:35 PM
:rolleyes: Have you all listen too so told of How Disfunctional The Whole Family Is?? I think they should lock up the whole damn bunch of the family..

Now that definitely has possibilities! Does the word "perjury" strike a familiar note?

Karen
06-27-2011, 06:59 PM
claiming Casey isn't compentent to stand trial because of all the stress she is under. :rolleyes:

Like that would have a snowball's chance in Hades - I am pretty sure every single person* ever accused of a serious crime is "under stress" when in court ... duh? Ain't that kinda part of the whole deal?

* besides sociopaths

Medusa
06-27-2011, 07:22 PM
I tried to watch a little bit of it when I got home today but it was really confusing. Apparently, there's a PI who's surname is Casey and he took the stand and seemed like he didn't even know where he was. I think he's also hearing impaired b/c they had to keep repeating stuff to him. I finally turned it off. It was irritating.

lvpets2002
06-28-2011, 10:44 AM
:confused: LOL daa the whole bunch.. The best one I heard is now they are taking guess of who the father was of this poor wittle baby.. Was is it door #1 = the Grandfather,, door #2 = the Brother or door #3 the gardener?? Oh give me a Break == :rolleyes:

Now that definitely has possibilities! Does the word "perjury" strike a familiar note?

pomtzu
06-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Interesting morning of testimony. The whole fam-damily was back on the stand - AGAIN! George is lying his a$$ off about not having an affair, and saying he was just comforting a sick volunteer searcher. If you believe that - I have a big bridge in NY that I own and is for sale. :rolleyes: Cindy's lying her a$$ off too - saying she never ordered a search for Caylee in the wooded area where she was eventually found, and denies that she had a big fight with Lee about it. He was mad because she was looking for remains, and not just a missing live child. Lee testified that he DID have this fight with Cindy about it - so he's calling her a liar. I tend to believe Lee this time. And this is strange - Lee got off the stand and went right back and sat next to Cindy. WTF???? You'd think he would not want to be anywhere near her, as he has had a terrible relationship with her from the time that it was revealed that Casey was pregnant, and most likely before that too...........
And now we get to listen to the meter reader stumble and mumble!!! So far, my impression of him is that of a shifty and sneaky individual. I'll see if that changes this afternoon....:rolleyes::eek: And I'm the one who said I always hated watching soap operas. :p

lvpets2002
06-28-2011, 04:14 PM
:p pomtzu == About that Bigg Bridge you have in NY == Could we use that for maybe Put this family on Bungee Cords & scare the truth out of them..:D

GrandChester
06-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Or we can go out and purchase a fire arm and try to scare the truth out of the whole darn family! :rolleyes:

GrandChester
06-29-2011, 12:45 PM
IMO the only credible witness in the whole family is Lee the son/brother.

lvpets2002
06-29-2011, 02:49 PM
:rolleyes: And Lee a suspect of being the dad too..

IMO the only credible witness in the whole family is Lee the son/brother.

pomtzu
06-29-2011, 03:11 PM
:rolleyes: And Lee a suspect of being the dad too..

That was proven false.

GrandChester
06-30-2011, 09:55 AM
So....does everyone believe that Ms. Holloway and George Anthony did in fact have an affair? I sure do!!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-30-2011, 10:19 AM
So....does everyone believe that Ms. Holloway and George Anthony did in fact have an affair? I sure do!!
I don't know and don't care. BUT since Ms Holloway admitted to lying under oath, I'm inclined to think she is lying now, specially since she changed her story to having an affair when she sold the story to the Inquirer. :rolleyes:

No one has proved that George has lied about anything under oath, yet any way.

Now they are trying to tie the way they buried their dead pets to the way Caylee was buried. But since Casey attended the 'pet funerals' doesn't prove a thing. She would remember a thing like that and could copy it.

pomtzu
06-30-2011, 10:36 AM
The defense is grasping at straws now. :rolleyes: How pathetic.............

It's still "odd" to say the least, that George visited this woman on numerous occasions tho. I don't buy his explanation. He's still hiding something IMO.

Medusa
06-30-2011, 11:27 AM
George Anthony is lying IMO. As one of the commentators said "He oversold it". When asked yes or no questions, he gives much more info than necessary. Just b/c Holloway sold her story to the Enquirer doesn't mean she's lying. She saw dollar signs, that's all. And just b/c George lied about the affair doesn't mean he was lying about smelling human decomposition in the trunk of Casey's car. I think that probably most people will lie about an affair to cover their behinds and he especially would w/his wife Cindy sitting right there.

For a while I feared that Casey would walk. I don't feel that way now. Baez was in over his head so she may get another trial. If he were my attorney, I would've fired him a long time ago.

I just heard Sunny Hostin say that she thinks it's suspicious that so many of the Anthony's dogs died. "Who was killing all the dogs?" she said. COME ON! Does she think pets live forever? I rather liked her until that stupid crack.

GrandChester
06-30-2011, 12:01 PM
I think Court TV is now Tru TV.

I found myself getting wrapped up in this case. I do believe Casey killed Caylee but her father gives me the creeps. I'm not buying into the sexual molestation bit but somehow I think he's involved. Maybe he knew about the murder, I don't know. I doubt that we'll ever know.

I had a friend like Casey. She lied just to lie and I busted her several times but her explanations were always plausible so that our friends dismissed what I had to say. I knew she was involved in some funny stuff but I didn't know what it was. Even her death is mysterious. It was ruled a suicide but all of her friends, including me, insist that it was murder made to look like a suicide. None of us wants to investigate further, however, b/c we don't want to be murdered! This just isn't our world and we don't want to enter.

It is Tru TV, Mary.
Casey killed Caylee because she wanted to party and be promiscuous. A man does not want a woman tied down with a 2 year old.
As far as all the pets dying they wont be with us forever is right.
Casey acted alone in the murder IMO.
Mom Cindy is a liar under oath (about chlorophyl search).
The father is a liar. He had an affair."I need you in my life" text to a woman other than your wife? p-uh-lease. She was more than just a volunteer to him.

Ms. Holloway is a liar.
And I cant blame her or Mr. Kronk for trying to cash in on their stories, JMO.

I would fire Mr. Baez too, Mary. And I will never hire that private investigator Mr. Casey either LOL!

I dont see Casey the psychopath, getting the death penalty. Too bad...sorry had to vent
p.s Excuse my spelling errors!

Medusa
06-30-2011, 12:20 PM
I will never hire that private investigator Mr. Casey either LOL!

Oh boy, he's really something! He seems confused all the time. I certainly wouldn't want him as a PI. I doubt he knows which end is up.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-30-2011, 12:58 PM
MS Holloway though admitted she lied under oath, so IMO, how can she be believed now even though she is under oath again? When they asked if she swears to tell the truth, the entire truth, and nother but the truth, she should have said no or at least as would as long as it fitted her purposes. :rolleyes:

I think, if anyone helped Casey with Caylee it would be Lee. There is just something so off between those two. When he gave the CMA speach at Caylee's memorial he promised he wouldn't forget the promise he made to her and she was such an inspiration to him. He did admit he was talking about Casey, not Caylee.

He also said earlier today, he had buried some of their pets with the trashbag/duct tape. :love:

pomtzu
06-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Many, many ,many, many ,many people bury their pets with blankets, towels, plastic bags, tape, etc, but does that put ideas in their head about how they could dispose of a human body??? :confused::rolleyes::rolleyes: I highly doubt it!!! Like I said - just grasping at straws. :eek:
And so true Mary - George really oversold his denial when he was on the stand. He made himself look very foolish indeed. I actually felt bad for him and his tearful testimony - the first time he came across as the least bit compassionate - but there's still something just not right about what he is saying.
Those poor jurors - their heads must be spinning. Can't imagine how they will be able to come to a speedy verdict.

Medusa
06-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Yes, I've buried all my pets in plastic bags after wrapping them in beach towels or blankets. If they're buried on your property, that's only logical b/c other animals, dogs, etc. could dig up their remains otherwise. Never once, though, did I think "Hmm, this would be a good way to dispose of a human after I murdered someone". C'mon! They're desperate now.

I just don't know about ol' George. Y'know, he's human. If he had an affair, so what? It happens every day. However, if he was visiting her while his wife thought he was looking for work and/or he should've been helping w/the search for Caylee, then that makes him not so nice but still human. I just don't buy the abuse story, at least not as regards to him. Lee, maybe. He creeps me out.

caseysmom
07-01-2011, 10:34 AM
This Crystal Holloway is cashing in on her affair, she acts all mad that he denies it...well duh you were married and so was he and you feel theneed to shout it from the rooftop now that you are making money off it, she makes me sick.

GrandChester
07-01-2011, 11:56 AM
This whole trial is making me sick:(

momoffuzzyfaces
07-01-2011, 12:13 PM
The lawyers are fussing again. The judge just told them they better get it together because they were going to all work everyday, including Sunday and Monday and everyday until the trial is finished. If I was a juror, I'd be so anxious to get home, I'm not sure I'd deliberate very long when they finally get the case. :love:

pomtzu
07-01-2011, 12:45 PM
I didn't get to watch any this a.m. - out doing grocery shopping for the month. Everything's put away - finally - so I'm headed for t.v. land to catch up. Sounds like a morning full of b.s. tho - just like every other day.........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Medusa
07-02-2011, 10:16 AM
I have never waffled so much in my life! One minute I think George is lying, the next minute I think he's credible. I guess b/c Crystal Holloway joined the mix. I think they did have an affair but she's admitted that she was the pursuer, not that it's an excuse but George has "liar" written all over his face regarding the affair. There's a word for Holloway and it's not a very nice one. It refers to people who go after so-called "famous" people.

There's one part of his "suicide" note (I don't believe it was a real attempt) that bugs me and that's where he said that Casey doesn't belong in jail or that she shouldn't be there, something to that effect. He knows more and I still can't shake the feeling that he was involved somehow, if only w/the disposing of the body. I can't imagine that he would do it the way it was done, though, but then again, I can't imagine the whole case!

Also, Cindy lying on the stand: will Judge Perry be the one to decide whether or not to indict her for perjury? Given how strict he was w/the 28 year old man who flipped the bird to Atty. Ashton and gave him 6 days in jail and a fine, I wonder if he'll stick to the letter of the law w/Cindy. Or do you think he'll decide that she's been through enough? I can certainly understand her reason for lying under oath but it does indicate that she thinks Casey murdered Caylee, IMO.

pomtzu
07-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Mary - I'm right there with you re: George and Cindy. George knows more than he's telling, and Cindy - well can you say "liar"?? - or should I say "another liar"?? She should be charged with perjury, but I don't think it will happen and the court will take pity on her considering all she has been thru. I just can't figure why she would lie for that obviously no good daughter of hers. Daughter or not - she probably murdered Caylee. How can you overlook and forgive that, because that's what Cindy is doing! :mad: I look for George to break too, once the trial is over - maybe suicide??? Just speculating of course. It seems that Lee is the only one telling any truths, but how to know - maybe just a lot of unspoken lies are lurking there in him.
I heard something last night on one of the HLN shows from a caller. Cindy claims that her little dogs we tired and lethargic - unexplained "diagnosis". This caller speculated that perhaps Casey was "practicing" the use of chloroform on them. :mad: If she is capable of all that she has obviously done, then she sure would be capable of that. Just the thought of the possibility, made me furious.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-02-2011, 01:36 PM
I think that Crystal Holloway is lying about the affair. She swore under oath that it didn't happen until, a few days later, the National Enquirer offered her money for the story. She even admitted, under oath again, that she lied. How do we know she's not lying about lying that first time? So far, no one has proved George has lied about anything.

I think Cindy was trying to save Casie's life. I personally don't think Casie will get the death penality if convicted, just a jail sentence. :love:

pomtzu
07-02-2011, 01:56 PM
I think Cindy was trying to save Casie's life. I personally don't think Casie will get the death penality if convicted, just a jail sentence. :love:

Of course that's what Cindy is doing. If she was my daughter - well - I'd have to let the judicial system give her what she deserves. Call me cold, but that's how I feel about it.
Would I stand by my son if he killed his daughter or son because they cramped his style, and he couldn't go out and party with his buddies?? Absolutely not. :mad:
And I blame George, and mostly Cindy, for the way Casey is. Cindy obviously taught Casey well on how to be a liar, and they both enabled her to do whatever she wanted when she was growing up (according to what has been reported). No discipline or restrictions??? And Cindy testified on the stand, how she always taught Casey to tell the truth. Please - spare me the b.s. Mrs Anthony! Hmmm - great parenting. :rolleyes:

momcat
07-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Now that the case is with the jury, it will be interesting to see how long it will take them to reach a verdict. Several years ago, my Mom was a juror on a felony murder trial. It's important to remember that the jury didn't hear what we did outside of actual trial testimony.

The prosecution didn't present any solid evidence that Casey did kill Caylee but at the same time the defense didn't present any solid evidence that she didn't. Listening to closing arguments, I think the defense was able to raise reasonable doubt. Baez did well countering the prosection's main arguments.

Hung Jury?

momoffuzzyfaces
07-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm the other way around. After listening to all closing arguments, the state cleared up any doubt I might have had. We will just have to wait and see. :love:

pomtzu
07-04-2011, 04:09 PM
The prosecution didn't present any solid evidence that Casey did kill Caylee but at the same time the defense didn't present any solid evidence that she didn't. Listening to closing arguments, I think the defense was able to raise reasonable doubt. Baez did well countering the prosection's main arguments.

Hung Jury?

I agree Eileen. The prosecution has to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Casey killed Caylee. Way, way too much doubt, and credible doubt too, brought up by the defense. Gut feelings and suspicions and emotions just don't count. If I was on the jury, I couldn't say she positively did it, even tho in my gut, I feel that she did.
On the other hand, the defense has to prove nothing! The burden of proving anything rests with the prosecution, and they just didn't do it.
No way will she get 1st degree premeditated murder and the death penalty - 2nd degree probably with years of jail time. IMO of course.

kaycountrygal
07-04-2011, 08:02 PM
The defense would not want me on the jury. I would find her GUILTY. It is very sad to see photos of that pretty sweet little child. Many people would have wanted her and loved her. I really believe Casey killed Caylee because she was in the way... cramping her party lifestyle. Can you imagine partying and getting a tatoo while your child is missing??? Beyond belief! I wouldnt be able to do anything if my DOG or CAT was missing, let alone a child. That Casey is a cold one.

I also think Casey has some mental problems or is disconnected or something wierd going on with her but still, I think she should be punished for killing Caylee. I doubt that she will get the death sentence but I hope she gets many many years in prison. I will be very upset and mad if she is found not guilty because imo she is guilty.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-04-2011, 08:31 PM
I keep thinking of the Susan Smith case. It still haunts me that someone could drive a car into a lake with too small babies buckled in their car seats. And she did it on purpose because she thought the man she was chasing at the time wouldn't take her if she had them. Like he would want a murderer?

I had nightmares for weeks thinking of those babies crying for her, the one person in the entire world they trusted to keep them safe, to save them. :(

I really do think Casey will only do jail time. Even if she would be on death row, there would be years and years of appeals.

Just wonder if she will think the wonderful life will be worth all she may go through. :love:

Medusa
07-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I thought Baez did a decent job of defense and I was thinking that if I were on the jury, I'd have to find her not guilty by reasonable doubt. Not that I think she's not guilty, b/c I don't, but I felt there just wasn't enough evidence to convict her. However, when Jeff Ashton and Linda Drane Burdick came on w/their rebuttal, they brought back a lot that I had forgotten or hadn't heard b/c I missed some of the trial. Then I changed my mind. Guilty of murder one, IMO. The longer the jury is out, the better it is for her. I do think, though, that she'll be found guilty of a lesser charge and probably not do life. Who knows. This whole case has been a mystery to me.

pomtzu
07-05-2011, 06:29 AM
I wonder what theatrics will be displayed by any or all of the Anthony family when the verdict is read? I'm certain the judge will warn against any displays, but I look for something anyway, in spite of what he says.

Medusa
07-05-2011, 08:06 AM
This is something that's been bugging me: who does Casey's clothes? Who does the laundry, brings her clean clothes, shampoo and personal hygiene products, etc? She wears a different outfit each day so who is responsible for seeing to it that she's presentable, that she can take a shower, do her hair and makeup, etc?

pomtzu
07-05-2011, 09:08 AM
This is something that's been bugging me: who does Casey's clothes? Who does the laundry, brings her clean clothes, shampoo and personal hygiene products, etc? She wears a different outfit each day so who is responsible for seeing to it that she's presentable, that she can take a shower, do her hair and makeup, etc?

At this point, I would assume it's her defense team providing it - telling her what to wear, how to fix her hair, etc. You notice that there's no jewelry or tight tops like she was accustomed to wearing, except for one day when they wanted to point out her non-existent belly bulge. Make her look plain and simple with those oxford type shirts and her hair pulled back. Doesn't even look like she has on makeup, other than some mascara. It's probably that lady lawyer that always sits next to her, making sure that she looks the part of Miss Innocent, as she appears to be playing the part of surrogate mother or big sister. Just a guess..........

momcat
07-05-2011, 09:12 AM
I wonder what theatrics will be displayed by any or all of the Anthony family when the verdict is read? I'm certain the judge will warn against any displays, but I look for something anyway, in spite of what he says.

Now that you mention it, I'm wondering the same thing Ellie. I've been watching Casey these past few days and her expression never seems to change, I can't help but wonder what's going through her mind as the jury decides her fate.

There have been a lot of comparisons between this trial and OJ. I've noticed one big difference. Unlike Judge Ito, Judge Perry never lost control of the trial. He hasn't tolerated anything and has been pretty tough on both attorneys, he even said there may be sanctions against both after the trial. The Judge really came down on the spectator that gave the prosecutor half a peace sign.

Are George and Cindy there anywhere? I haven't seen either of them.

Medusa
07-05-2011, 09:55 AM
At this point, I would assume it's her defense team providing it - telling her what to wear, how to fix her hair, etc. You notice that there's no jewelry or tight tops like she was accustomed to wearing, except for one day when they wanted to point out her non-existent belly bulge. Make her look plain and simple with those oxford type shirts and her hair pulled back. Doesn't even look like she has on makeup, other than some mascara. It's probably that lady lawyer that always sits next to her, making sure that she looks the part of Miss Innocent, as she appears to be playing the part of surrogate mother or big sister. Just a guess..........

Yes, you're probably right. The female atty. that's so mothering to her could take a lesson or two on hair styling, that's for sure. Her hair looks like a dust mop.

smokey the elder
07-05-2011, 12:41 PM
They have a verdict; it will be announced at 2:15.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-05-2011, 01:20 PM
OMG! She got off!!! :eek:

sparks19
07-05-2011, 01:21 PM
I wish I could say I'm surprised but I'm honestly not.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-05-2011, 01:25 PM
She did get found guilty of 3 counts of lying to law officers. Hopefully she will at least get some jail time for that. If she gets released I wonder if her parents will welcome her home. :( Specially since her mother could get 15 years for purgery.

caseysmom
07-05-2011, 01:27 PM
There is no justice for poor Caylee, its a sad day.

sparks19
07-05-2011, 01:36 PM
and Casey is going to get rich off of this to boot :(

I hope there is a special place below being kept warm for her

Medusa
07-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Commentators are saying that she may only get time served b/c she's been in jail for 3 years already, so she may walk out of the court room on Thursday. However, given how Judge Perry is, he'll probably give her as much time as he can legally. As for Cyndi, they said that it's doubtful she'll get any jail time for perjury b/c people lie on the stand all the time and they don't have charges pressed against them.

Once I hear her sentencing on Thursday, I'm done w/HLN. Nancy Grace is Satan's mother as far as I'm concerned. I've never seen anyone so rude and arrogant and obnoxious as that woman. She cuts off her guests, she insults them and dismisses them. Jane Velez Mitchell is nearly as bad but she and Nancy are at loggerheads much of the time. I don't care if I never see their faces or hear their voices ever again.

caseysmom
07-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Commentators are saying that she may only get time served b/c she's been in jail for 3 years already, so she may walk out of the court room on Thursday. However, given how Judge Perry is, he'll probably give her as much time as he can legally. As for Cyndi, they said that it's doubtful she'll get any jail time for perjury b/c people lie on the stand all the time and they don't have charges pressed against them.

Once I hear her sentencing on Thursday, I'm done w/HLN. Nancy Grace is Satan's mother as far as I'm concerned. I've never seen anyone so rude and arrogant and obnoxious as that woman. She cuts off her guests, she insults them and dismisses them. Jane Velez Mitchell is nearly as bad but she and Nancy are at loggerheads much of the time. I don't care if I never see their faces or hear their voices ever again.

She has always bugged me but I have watched her lately since I was in to the trial...yeah she is a drama queen for sure.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-05-2011, 01:40 PM
I can't help but wonder if the jury was just so sick of it all and wanting to get home that they let her go so they could get home. :love:

First OJ got off now Casie. What is our justice system coming to?

caseysmom
07-05-2011, 01:48 PM
I can't help but wonder if the jury was just so sick of it all and wanting to get home that they let her go so they could get home. :love:

Thats what I was thinking.

pomtzu
07-05-2011, 02:05 PM
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Another one gets away with murder.

And she'll probably walk away with whatever she gets sentenced to on Thursday with time served.

Sickening..........:mad:

Vette
07-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Didnt know this thread was here :o

but yeah thats what my dad said about the jury too.

i never thought she'd get death but i am shocked she was found not guilty. how disgusting. how sad. a baby treated an thrown out like garbage an the b*tch walks free.

kaycountrygal
07-05-2011, 02:14 PM
WHAT?? I thought she would be found GUILTY. I am just shaking my head. So who gets punished for killing that sweet Caylee?? Ans: NOBODY. This is not justice imo. Reasonable doubt to me means "use your brain and some common sense". Poor baby. I dont understand how Cindy Anthony could stand by Casey and lie for Casey. I believe Casey killed Caylee and have no doubts about it.

caseysmom
07-05-2011, 02:27 PM
She didn't report her child missing...hello that is neglect thus child abuse.

pomtzu
07-05-2011, 02:33 PM

Like was said - the jury just wanted to get the h&ll out of there and go home. Not one of them had the gumption to attend the press conference that was set up so that they could express why they voted the way they did. None of them wanted to be put in the hot seat. That alone speaks volumes in my book......:mad:

sasvermont
07-05-2011, 02:52 PM
So, your child can die, and be found in a garbage bag months later, and you can be found not guilty of anything. Maybe the state should have come up with more, lesser charges...but what? Double parking? Well, Casey will have a tough time the rest of her life. She is an odd duck and will have many an opportunity to get in trouble again. She will. No matter where she lives, she will find trouble.

I hope her parents get their lives back to normal, if that is possible. They too seem odd, but Casey the oddest of the lot.

Another little child dies at the hands of a relative. Do I think she drown? Maybe. Then why not have a burial for her? Why toss her away? They buried their pets better than Caylee was treated.

I am surprised the jury came back with this verdict. Juries can do strange things. I have served on juries and I would NEVER want to be judged by a jury of my peers. NEVER!

Catty1
07-05-2011, 02:55 PM
If I understand correctly, the legal system has several different types of murder charges.

First Degree means it was premeditated. That's what OJ was charged with. They knew he killed her - the civil case proved that - but could not prove the PREMEDITATION. Had he been charged with manslaughter, I believe OJ would have been convicted of that.

Casey was also charged with first degree. The defense contended that the death was accidental. The jury went with that. Casey may be the lowest scum, but the defense did not want that to detract from the facts of the case, whatever they were.

The jury appears to have decided that the death was accidental, but that Casey and family totally screwed up by not telling the authorities.

JMO

Vette
07-05-2011, 02:57 PM

Also isnt chloroform(SP?) abuse all in its own?

momcat
07-05-2011, 03:06 PM
WOW!!!!

Since when is lying to the cops worse than a baby being killed? Granted, the jury didn't hear or see all the things we did during the trial. But what about the 31 days Caylee was missing and Casey led the party life? The jury knew about that. The videos from jail with Casey going off on Cindy as well as the conversations between all 3 of them spoke volumes. The jury saw them and heard them. Right from the start Casey covered one lie with another. The jury knew about that too. Just what did the jury consider? What factors led to the verdict? If not Casey, then who?

It was interesting that George and Cindy left immediately after the verdict never approaching Casey. I'm wondering if they'll make any comment at some point. Lee never showed up at all.

Caylee lost again.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-05-2011, 03:35 PM
You watch, Casey will sell the rights to "her" story and make a lot of money. She will finally live the good life she wants. Now she knows her lies let get her away with anything. :(

pomtzu
07-05-2011, 04:27 PM
If I understand correctly, the legal system has several different types of murder charges.

First Degree means it was premeditated. That's what OJ was charged with. They knew he killed her - the civil case proved that - but could not prove the PREMEDITATION. Had he been charged with manslaughter, I believe OJ would have been convicted of that.

Casey was also charged with first degree. The defense contended that the death was accidental. The jury went with that. Casey may be the lowest scum, but the defense did not want that to detract from the facts of the case, whatever they were.

Yes - she could have been found guilty of the lesser charges - 2nd degree murder or aggravated manslaughter ( both of which she was also charged with) - but she was found not guilty on all 3 charges. The jury saw and heard plenty enough that she should have been found guilty of one of these. I never believed that she would be found guilty of 1st degree - but thought for sure one of the others would stick. Guess the jury had their heads up their butts.
Well - there are 3 people that know what happened - Casey, Caylee, and God - and one day Casey will have to face both of them.

GrandChester
07-05-2011, 04:53 PM
So, your child can die, and be found in a garbage bag months later, and you can be found not guilty of anything. Maybe the state should have come up with more, lesser charges...but what? Double parking? Well, Casey will have a tough time the rest of her life. She is an odd duck and will have many an opportunity to get in trouble again. She will. No matter where she lives, she will find trouble.

I hope her parents get their lives back to normal, if that is possible. They too seem odd, but Casey the oddest of the lot.

Another little child dies at the hands of a relative. Do I think she drown? Maybe. Then why not have a burial for her? Why toss her away? They buried their pets better than Caylee was treated.

I am surprised the jury came back with this verdict. Juries can do strange things. I have served on juries and I would NEVER want to be judged by a jury of my peers. NEVER!

LOL! I second that!

GrandChester
07-05-2011, 05:01 PM
I hate the verdict. No wonder the jury wont speak to the media. What a 3 ring circus this whole trial was.

Old Geezer
07-05-2011, 05:19 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth and what beautiful kitties. Of course I think they are all beautiful.

Karen
07-05-2011, 05:21 PM
I think the jury's verdict was because, it is their job as jurists to prove - beyond a reasonable doubt - that the person is guilty of the crime. The prosecutors never even showed or gave any concrete evidence how Caylee died, everything was based on conjecture and supposition.

She WAS found guilty of lying to the authorities on 4 counts, hopefully the sentencing with be strong enough and include some clause that she not make any money from this whole thing, but I don't know if they can do that without a murder conviction.

Also isnt chloroform(SP?) abuse all in its own?

The presence of chloroform was disputed, and no evidence was given that it was used on Caylee. The court of popular opinion and media hype is not the court of law.

cassiesmom
07-05-2011, 05:26 PM
WOW!!!!

Caylee lost again.

Yes, she did, that's what makes me sad about this whole thing.

pomtzu
07-05-2011, 05:48 PM
There was never any doubt that she never reported Caylee missing, and went out partying for 31 days and would have continued on longer than that, if Cindy hadn't nailed her! That's not child neglect/abuse????

Karen
07-05-2011, 06:07 PM
There was never any doubt that she never reported Caylee missing, and went out partying for 31 days and would have continued on longer than that, if Cindy hadn't nailed her! That's not child neglect/abuse????

If, as she contends, she thought Caylee was with the nanny and being taken care of, then it isn't, by law, neglect.

The tricky thing about the law is you have to prove things. The American Way is innocent until proven guilty, not vice versa, for which we should all normally be thankful.

Do I believe the nanny story? No. Do I think she is innocent? No. But it's not about what we think or feel, it is about the case in court, and what was proven or disproven there.

caseysmom
07-05-2011, 06:09 PM
It was shown that the nanny didn't even exist though.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Well, she does have another lawsuit pending. The one filed by the lady she accused of being the nanny who took Caylee was put on hold until the 'big' trial was over. Maybe they can whack her with something.

sparks19
07-05-2011, 06:49 PM
she THOUGHT her daughter was with the nanny for 31 days? LOL ok

Asiel
07-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Just saw on the news how Casey was found "not guilty" on all charges. I was left speechless. No wonder crime and child abuse is so rampant today..parents get away with murder (literally)

Karen
07-05-2011, 07:55 PM
She was found guilty of 4 counts of lying to the authorities. Whoever is reporting she was cleared of all charges is wrong, and misreporting the case.

Marigold2
07-05-2011, 08:48 PM
This makes me want to vomit.......................
That poor little girl, murdered by the one person in the world she trusted most, loved most.

She is a female OJ. And perhaps like him she also will not be able to stay out of trouble.

I don't believe in Karma. I believe in the here and now.
If Karma was true then please tell me what this little girl did to deserve her fate.

Alysser
07-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Honestly, what's done is done. The verdict is in and cannot be changed.

My question is, even if this whole thing was an accident, why couldn't she just have admitted to her mistake? Why would you go out and party and get a tattoo right after your daughter died? Why would the grandparents not question this? I am so confused as to that. I don't get how a rational person can do any of that.

Either way, she's screwed for life, I think. I feel like she will never be safe, wherever she goes. She broke up her whole family over this, as crazy as they seemed before all this, imagine how they are now. I think that's what pains me the most. Not only did she ruin poor Caylee's life with either her selfishness or her stupidity, she also ruined her family.

Honestly, I don't know what I believe at this point. I don't think we'll ever know what truly happened.

K9karen
07-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Just goes to show you CAN get away with murder. But look at OJ, in jail now because he just couldn't control his evil ways. I'm a firm believer in what goes around, comes around. Tick Tock....

I just heard that the family said they can get on with their lives.. that this is closure. That's nice.:mad:

phesina
07-06-2011, 02:23 AM
You watch, Casey will sell the rights to "her" story and make a lot of money. She will finally live the good life she wants. Now she knows her lies let get her away with anything. :(

Somehow I don't think she will be living the good life.. She's going to have a hard time finding friends, I bet.

pomtzu
07-06-2011, 05:36 AM
Honestly, what's done is done. The verdict is in and cannot be changed.

Either way, she's screwed for life, I think. I feel like she will never be safe, wherever she goes. She broke up her whole family over this, as crazy as they seemed before all this, imagine how they are now. I think that's what pains me the most. Not only did she ruin poor Caylee's life with either her selfishness or her stupidity, she also ruined her family.

Exactly! A whole family left in ruins. Don't know how true it is, since I heard it reported on HLN last night, but Cindy and George are getting death threats. I can't even listen to any of it anymore - it actually makes me nauseous. I really couldn't even sleep well last night - kept waking up with this mess on my mind.
What a horrible miscarriage of justice - IMO. One can smack their kid on the rear and maybe leave a little mark, and end up in jail for it, and Casey can kill her daughter (most likely) and walk away from the charge, scot free. Unbelievable..........

moosmom
07-06-2011, 05:56 AM
Her life and the life of her parents will NEVER be the same. I can bet they'll have to go "under cover".

sasvermont
07-06-2011, 06:19 AM
Suppose the child's death WAS an accident, either by Casey's hand or in the swimming pool. What and why did she do what she did with the child's body? Are there no charges for disposing of a body like was done with Caylee? They probably can't prove who disposed of the body. Yikes. Sounds like the detectives need a brush up course in investigations. I think the police fell really short, especially when not investigating the finding of the body in August.

Oh well, let this be a lesson to all of us. She got off with spending three years in jail.

I just heard that she has told someone (???) that the first thing she wants to do is to have another baby.

I hope the child welfare folks watch her like a hawk.

It's over, let's get back to sleep at nights. I, too, didn't sleep well last night. Kept thinking about Caylee etc. I didn't even follow the case that closely. Some people ate, slept and drank it.

Life goes on for all of us. We're lucky.

phesina
07-06-2011, 06:29 AM
The morning newscaster referred to a letter she wrote about a year ago saying that if she gets out of jail, the first thing she's going to do is get pregnant and have another baby. WONDERFUL.

I think there's a really good case to be made for sterilizing some people.

By the way, who is Caylee's father, or is that known? And where has he been through all of this?

Medusa
07-06-2011, 06:43 AM
By the way, who is Caylee's father, or is that known? And where has he been through all of this?

The father is unknown. She claims that he died in an accident but he was never proven to be the father. Given how she lies, who could believe her anyhow?

Her life won't be worth a plug nickel after all of this. Where is she going to go? Back to her parents? How could they possibly want her back after what has transpired? And if they did want her back, how could they possibly live together? Who is going to hire her and what job skills does she have anyhow? She'll need a bodyguard for a loooong time and her life won't be her own. She'll never really be "free" just as OJ wasn't really free before his most recent conviction and prison sentence.

Maybe it's just all in my mind but I think we haven't heard the last of this case. There's just too much drama and too many unanswered questions. Perhaps George will spring a leak, I don't know. One thing is for certain, though: Caylee has learned that her incredible talent for lies has paid off and has indeed saved her life so there is no reason for her to ever stop. How anyone would ever be able to trust her again is beyond me.

Bonny
07-06-2011, 06:43 AM
Forget about rights. Caylee's have been taken away from her.:( The right to have children should be taken away from Casey.:mad: It is tube tying time for her.

Asiel
07-06-2011, 07:26 AM
She was found guilty of 4 counts of lying to the authorities. Whoever is reporting she was cleared of all charges is wrong, and misreporting the case.

I didn't consider this being charged with anything. They've already said they will apply the fact she spent 3 yrs in jail as part of the 4 yr sentence - they will probaly give her probation for that 4th yr. I certainly don't consider that justice. Killing your daughter and getting off scott free is not my idea of justice. Obvious that some of the jury was bought or they all have noodles for brains.

Asiel
07-06-2011, 07:35 AM
I agree totally with your statement Sasvermont - child wefare should keep a close watch on her. I think it should be mandatory for all parents found guilty of child abuse, neglect or in this case murder should be sterilized so another child doesn't suffer at the hands of these parasites. If someone had reported Casey's behaviour (which would have been noticeable ), child welfare could have removed poor Calee before she ended up dead.
Lord help us if she ends up with yet another helpless victim of her depraved mind. So much for our justice.

sparks19
07-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Who is going to hire her and what job skills does she have anyhow? .

She won't have to worry about that after she sells the book and movie rights and makes a FORTUNE off of that. then she can afford to never get a job and have a body guard to follow her around.

Still better than being dead and thrown out like yesterdays trash in a garbage bag :(

smokey the elder
07-06-2011, 09:50 AM
One law expert acknowledged that a "dry bones" case is a real bear to prove. IMO, the only tougher one is a murder with no body. I've heard of only one of these being successful, in New York. However, she's been convicted in "the court of public opinion" and regardless of the legal status, much like OJ, she will not be accepted. She engaged in some dodgy behavior for sure; but the jury is not permitted to solely use that as a basis for conviction. Without cause or time of death, proving murder is very difficult.

pomtzu
07-06-2011, 10:02 AM
She won't have to worry about that after she sells the book and movie rights and makes a FORTUNE off of that. then she can afford to never get a job and have a body guard to follow her around.

Still better than being dead and thrown out like yesterdays trash in a garbage bag :(

Maybe she'll make big $$$ - maybe not. She might sell her story, pics, write a book, etc, but as much as she is hated by the majority of people, I rather doubt that the profits will be very high. Maybe the people that like train wrecks will buy into it, but I wouldn't give a plug nickle to read about anything she has to say. And watch a movie??? - definitely not. I've seen enough.

In a sense, she is a prisoner and will be for the rest of her life. She won't be confined to a cell and be confined by bars, but she will be forced to live a very secluded and lonely life - IMO. I doubt her family will welcome her back with open arms and she has no friends - so what does she have??? She destroyed herself and her daughter and her entire family, so let her live with what she has done. I have not one ounce of sympathy for her, and whatever hardships she encounters in the future, then let her deal with them - ALONE!!!!

Medusa
07-06-2011, 10:38 AM
You may be right, Ellie. OJ didn't get very far w/his book but he had his football pension to fall back on and a lot of possessions and property he could sell. She has none of those things. As for friends, she'll make new ones. There are always those people who want to glom onto someone notorious even if it's for suspected murder. They won't be real friends in the true sense of the word but I doubt she'll be lonely. She doesn't really care about people anyhow. She'll get what she can and then dump them and move on to someone else. She proved that her friends were only there for her use when she stole checks from a good friend. After her sentencing tomorrow, I hope to not hear anything about her.

sparks19
07-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Oh I think you'd be surprised how many people would by into the books and movies to get the "inside scoop"

Look at Scott Peterson. After he was convicted women were camping outside of the jail pining away for him :eek:

never underestimate the sick sense of curiousity people can have.

Look at Karla Homolka, she went to jail along with paul for torturing and raping multiple women including her own sister and now she's out with a degree in psychology and lived in Quebec and now she's moved to somewhere out of the country where no one knows her story with a new husband and a new baby. isn't life grand?

yeah I'm not confident that Casey is going to face much hardship beyond the next 5-10 years... after that... people will forget.

Old Geezer
07-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Our justice system sucks. The young man that flipped the bird to Jeff Aston promptly was sentenced to six days in jail and a $650.00 fine and that psycopath killed her beautiful defenseless little girl and got away with it. OJ all over again.

Lady's Human
07-06-2011, 11:48 AM
I didn't realize that there were this many jurors in the room who saw/heard all the evidence in the case firsthand.

Incredibly deep and diverse jury pool, and to have them all be right here on PT.

Grace
07-06-2011, 11:53 AM
But one of the five alternate jurors spoke to reporters after arriving home Tuesday night in St. Petersburg and said he would have reached the same conclusion had he taken part in the deliberations.

"I agree with it wholeheartedly," said Russell Huekler, a teacher. "It was the right decision that was made."

Entire article. (http://news.yahoo.com/casey-anthony-found-not-guilty-daughters-murder-011307290.html)

Old Geezer
07-06-2011, 11:57 AM
I didn't realize that there were this many jurors in the room who saw/heard all the evidence in the case firsthand.

Incredibly deep and diverse jury pool, and to have them all be right here on PT.

Obviously you are a defense lawyer.

Lady's Human
07-06-2011, 12:00 PM
No, just constantly amazed by the public following a trial which doesn't affect them in the least thousands of miles away and completely ignoring things which affect them directly in every segment of their lives.

Sensationalism sells.

Congrats to CNN et. al., another rating kill on a hyped case.

pomtzu
07-06-2011, 12:05 PM

Yes - isn't it grand that we can all have our opinions and can state them??? Just one aspect of our rights of living in "the land of the free" - that good old "freedom of speech". That's why, most of the time when I say something controversial, I also say "IMO".

finn's mom
07-06-2011, 02:29 PM
No, just constantly amazed by the public following a trial which doesn't affect them in the least thousands of miles away . . .

I feel the same way. Especially when it only seems to upset the people viewing it. I swear, I know a couple people that probably have a new ulcer or two from watching this trial on a daily basis. I hadn't heard much about it, except for the verdict. Sad, either way, because that little girl is still gone. :love:

happylabs
07-06-2011, 02:44 PM
What if she is innocent? The media had her guilty before anyone was sure she was even dead.

She was a bad mother, yes, but did she actually kill her own child?

I still think the grandmother did it.

caseysmom
07-06-2011, 02:54 PM
The grandmother was the only one concerned when the child was missing. Sorry that makes no sense.

pomtzu
07-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Well - I'm going to post this one last time (don't hold me to that, but I'll try to not say any more about this subject).

I started this thread because I thought the trial would be interesting, and I really wanted to see how our justice system would handle it. I did not eat, drink and sleep it, nor did I get an ulcer stressing over it, and I did not veg in front of the t.v. on a daily basis, letting it consume my life. Yes - I was upset with the verdict yesterday and it did bother me - just as it did so many other people in this country, and elsewhere too. I found it interesting to read other PT'ers views on it also over the course of the trial. No one here that posted was right or wrong - simply expressing what they felt.

I guess I became interested in it in the first place, since it had so many similarities to a local case here several years back. A "man" - and I use that term very loosely - sexually molested his young son. He was brought to trial with no real evidence - only the son's word that it happened. I believe the boy was around 11 or 12 at the time. This guy was found guilty and sentenced to 40 years in prison - he'll be in his 70's if and when he is released. No "real" evidence that it happened - how could the court be sure?? Do I think he did it??? Yes - most definitely. This guy was low-life scum - a drunk who lived off others and rode around town on his bicycle because he had so many DUI charges that he permanently lost his license, and he had no job to even afford a junk car anyway. He stole and lied - probably would have sold the fillings out of his mother's teeth for a buck! Sound like somebody else that has been in the news lately????? :rolleyes: In the end, he was convicted with no hard evidence at all.

So if anyone is upset with any of my posts - oh well - get over it. No one was forced to read or post anything here. To the folks who did post and debate without being judgmental of other posters - thank you.

And in the end, little Caylee received no justice at all. IMO!!!!

finn's mom
07-06-2011, 04:24 PM
I did not eat, drink and sleep it, nor did I get an ulcer stressing over it, and I did not veg in front of the t.v. on a daily basis, letting it consume my life. Yes - I was upset with the verdict yesterday and it did bother me - just as it did so many other people in this country, and elsewhere too.

So if anyone is upset with any of my posts - oh well - get over it. No one was forced to read or post anything here.

Please note that I did not say that anyone here did anything inappropriate nor did I point you out specifically as stressing to the point of ulcer (that statement is the only reason I'm replying in the first place because I think I may be the only one who referred to that). I read no posts on this thread except a few of the most recent (maybe four or five). I saw that someone felt the way I did about it and responded. In fact, I only opened it one other time besides today, when it was first started, so I certainly wasn't upset by anyone's posts.

sparks19
07-06-2011, 06:14 PM
whether anyone thinks it's worth my while or not.... people who hurt children and get away with it will ALWAYS make me very angry. I odn't know if that person is Casey or not but someone did this and no I don't know them but it does affect me. It breaks my heart that these innocent beautiful babies have to suffer at the hands of people who should KNOW BETTER.

K9karen
07-06-2011, 09:14 PM
I was just wondering. If at any time Casey let's it slip (drinking, drugs, mouthing off..whatever) about the circumstances of Caylee's death, can she be rearrested or is that double jeopardy and she can't be tried twice for the same crime?

Catty1
07-06-2011, 09:20 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/07/us-crime-anthony-idUSTRE7620Y720110707

(Reuters) - A juror in the Casey Anthony case said on Wednesday that jurors cried and felt sick after deciding to acquit the young Florida mother of murder, a verdict that dropped jaws across the country.

"I did not say she was innocent," juror Jennifer Ford told ABC News. "I just said there was not enough evidence."

"If you cannot prove what the crime was, you cannot determine what the punishment should be," the 32-year-old nursing student said.

All 12 jurors who found Casey, 25, not guilty of first-degree murder and other felony charges stemming from the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee declined to comment to the media immediately after the verdict. Ford said they were emotional and not ready to speak.

"It was because we were sick to our stomach to get that verdict," she said of the jurors who had been sequestered in a hotel for the duration of the trial because of the intense media coverage. "We wanted to do it with integrity and not contribute to the sensationalism of the trial."

Moesha
07-06-2011, 09:28 PM
I was just wondering. If at any time Casey let's it slip (drinking, drugs, mouthing off..whatever) about the circumstances of Caylee's death, can she be rearrested or is that double jeopardy and she can't be tried twice for the same crime?

She could confess while sober and nothing could happen to her legally.

Grace
07-06-2011, 09:43 PM

My understanding - only if they could come up with another charge.

That's why when someone goes to trial who has murdered many victims, they are usually only charged with one or two initially. The prosecutors keep the rest in the background for just that reason.

kokopup
07-06-2011, 10:56 PM
The circumstances of Caylee's death will probably never be known. I have the feeling that her death was probably an accident, whether by drowning or cloraform
overdose. I can imagine Casey or someone else covering it up by making it look like a murder. I just got through looking at a montage of 60 photos of Casey and Caylee together, and I find it hard to believe that Casey would or could kill her on purpose. All I see is love for Caylee. I find it hard to agree with murder 1 based on a motive of she wanted her freedom. I'm sure the jury felt the same.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-07-2011, 09:04 AM
The judge just gave her the maximum: 4 years to run consecutively with a 1,000 dollar fine for each year. Also considering making her pay for the costs of the police and things for the wild goose chases she sent them on.

So, that means, she will be out probaly later this month or August. Since she is indigent, she won't have the money to pay the fines so will get out of that too. :rolleyes:

lvpets2002
07-07-2011, 10:42 AM
:o Now I do think they will make her pay the fines.. Cause she will have the money just as soon as the Book & Movie Deals in the works Pay Her.. And oh yes they said last night that She has had a dream in jail that tells her that its time for her to get pregnant again now for a new baby.. :rolleyes:
Yes I do think the Whole Family Knows Just What Happened to the Baby && Its All A Cover Up.. And they have all gotten away with it now too I guess..

The judge just gave her the maximum: 4 years to run consecutively with a 1,000 dollar fine for each year. Also considering making her pay for the costs of the police and things for the wild goose chases she sent them on.

So, that means, she will be out probaly later this month or August. Since she is indigent, she won't have the money to pay the fines so will get out of that too. :rolleyes:

Marigold2
07-07-2011, 10:54 AM
I do think in the end she will have a hard time of it. No one will want to be her friend/ no one will want her to live with them. She has cast aside her family. The public hates her and if a man wants to indeed make a baby with her he will be either mentally ill or dumber then dirt and they will deserve each other.
As for the book deal, well just don't buy it. Perhaps no one will want to publish it.
I do feel badly for her mom, I don't think she is a bad person.

:o Now I do think they will make her pay the fines.. Cause she will have the money just as soon as the Book & Movie Deals in the works Pay Her.. And oh yes they said last night that She has had a dream in jail that tells her that its time for her to get pregnant again now for a new baby.. :rolleyes:
Yes I do think the Whole Family Knows Just What Happened to the Baby && Its All A Cover Up.. And they have all gotten away with it now too I guess..

momoffuzzyfaces
07-07-2011, 12:47 PM
I do think in the end she will have a hard time of it. No one will want to be her friend/ no one will want her to live with them. She has cast aside her family. The public hates her and if a man wants to indeed make a baby with her he will be either mentally ill or dumber then dirt and they will deserve each other.
As for the book deal, well just don't buy it. Perhaps no one will want to publish it.
I do feel badly for her mom, I don't think she is a bad person.

There was a whack-a-doodle outside the courthouse wanting to marry her this morning. He said he will be there waiting to ask her when she gets out. Plans on giving her a ring which he doesn't have yet but plans to by then. Hope he has one in reserve she is being released the 13th of this month.

I think she was expecting to be released this morning. She came all dressed up wearing her hair down and batting her eyes at every male she saw. When the judge didn't let her go, she went back to the old glare she mostly wore during the trial.

Lord help any future children she may have.:love:

lizbud
07-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Has anyone here ever seen a article written on Casey life before her
daughters death? I often wonder if she was pressured by her mother to
go ahead and have her baby instead of having a abortion or giving the
child up for adoption. She seemed to want to continue living the swinging
single life & not be tied down to being a single mother.

I just wonder if Casey's mom wanted the baby more then Casey did?

Karen
07-07-2011, 02:28 PM
There will always be someone who is attracted to her because she is famous, never mind what for. I mean Ted Bundy, notorious serial killer, and sadistic sociopath, got letters and marriage proposals and a woman actually married him in court and had a daughter with him while he was on trial and in jail.

cassiesmom
07-07-2011, 02:32 PM
From the Chicago Tribune:

Chief Judge Belvin Perry sentenced Casey Anthony this morning for lying to police, giving her four years in jail and credit for the time she's already served since 2008.

Considering how much time she's already served and other factors, court officials said Anthony will be released from the Orange County Jail on July 13.

She was fined $4,000, or $1,000 for each conviction. She also must pay $618 in other costs.

These fines are separate from the investigation and prosecution costs state prosecutors want Anthony to pay.

The four-year sentence imposed by Perry is the maximum the judge could set under the jury's decision.

I got the impression that the prosecution was not only trying to prove Anthony's guilt but also to suggest to the jury the possible sentence, and it doesn't seem like they achieved either.

Lizbud- I apologize in advance if this comment is rude or snarky, because I don't mean it that way. (Mean isn't something I do) But I think that if Casey Anthony didn't want a child, but her mother wanted a grandchild- it's still Casey Anthony's body. She was the one who needed to take steps to prevent pregnancy, and she didn't. No matter how much her mother wanted a grandchild, if she knew that she definitely didn't want a child, she didn't go far enough to keep from becoming pregnant.

Having said that, though-- I'm not a parent or a grandparent. My mom isn't this way, but I have a friend a little younger than me whose mom wants grandkids in the worst way, and she reminds her daughter (my friend) of that at every possible opportunity. My friend does too, but not right now. She and her husband have bigger problems to solve like getting their financial situation more in order and possibly moving from an apartment to a house, that they want to take care of before they have children. It's hard to watch my friend's mom keep sticking it to her about grandchildren, and she does it really often and really well. Edited to add: when the subject comes up I either bite my tongue hard, or just walk away. I asked my friend if her mom would consider helping with children at their church, or reading to kindergarten kids at the library, or some other activity that she could be around children and at the same time give my friend a bit of a break. It's very tough to watch.

sparks19
07-07-2011, 03:05 PM
There will always be someone who is attracted to her because she is famous, never mind what for. I mean Ted Bundy, notorious serial killer, and sadistic sociopath, got letters and marriage proposals and a woman actually married him in court and had a daughter with him while he was on trial and in jail.

Yep same with scott peterson. convicted of killing his wife and unborn child and was having an affair but women from all over were swooning... I actually KNOW one personally who was one of those swooners.

and in ten years the average person isn't going to remember her or care anymore.

There is someone for everyone.

lizbud
07-07-2011, 05:42 PM
From the Chicago Tribune:

Lizbud- I apologize in advance if this comment is rude or snarky, because I don't mean it that way. (Mean isn't something I do) But I think that if Casey Anthony didn't want a child, but her mother wanted a grandchild- it's still Casey Anthony's body. She was the one who needed to take steps to prevent pregnancy, and she didn't. No matter how much her mother wanted a grandchild, if she knew that she definitely didn't want a child, she didn't go far enough to keep from becoming pregnant.

No need for an apology at all.:) I don't mean to excuse Casey at all for
anything she did or the decisions she made. My only thoughts were of the
single moms who keep their kids only because of pressure from parents.
Parents threats of disownment, loss of a place to live, or loss of spending
money can push some teens to think twice about crossing their parents
wishes. (Not that this happened to Casey) I just wonder what the family
dynamics were as she was growing up. Just curious that's all.

Marigold2
07-07-2011, 05:58 PM
That is why I tell all young women to wait till they are 30 to start a family.
What is everyone in such a rush for?
Get your education.
Learn to support yourself without a man.
Get your career on solid footing.
And then if you still want a baby you will be prepared both mentally and finanially to love and take care of it.
This is also why I am pro-choice.
That little girl might well have been better off never having been born. God knows what her last moments were like.

No need for an apology at all.:) I don't mean to excuse Casey at all for
anything she did or the decisions she made. My only thoughts were of the
single moms who keep their kids only because of pressure from parents.
Parents threats of disownment, loss of a place to live, or loss of spending
money can push some teens to think twice about crossing their parents
wishes. (Not that this happened to Casey) I just wonder what the family
dynamics were as she was growing up. Just curious that's all.

Grace
07-12-2011, 11:02 AM
From the NY Post -

Casey Anthony is getting a make-over.

Acquitted daughter-murder suspect Casey Anthony is reportedly considering using a number of disguises and living under a new name once she is released from the slammer on Sunday.

A source close to the Anthony's legal team said she was considering using various disguises to alter her appearance, The Chicago Sun-Times reported today.

The source added that Anthony, 25, dismissed a plan to get plastic surgery, but will live in a secret location under a new name.

“There even have been discussions about cosmetic surgery, but Casey has rejected that out of hand,” the insider told the newspaper.

The source added that Anthony "really does not completely understand the depth of hatred out there. She’s fully aware of the various death threats, of course, but she thinks that’s isolated to relatively few nutcases."

Once she is released, Anthony will be taken to the secret location where she will live under a pseudonym “almost as if she was living in a witness protection-like program” in an effort to avoid being harassed, the newspaper reported.

Anthony was sentenced last week to one year and fined $1,000 for each of the four times she lied to authorities -- the stiffest punishment the judge could mete out after Anthony was cleared of murdering 2-year-old Caylee in 2008.

The verdict shocked the country, with many blaming jurors for not doling out justice in the case. Jurors have said the prosecution did not present enough evidence pointing to Anthony as the murderer.

The party-loving defendant, who showed up to her sentencing with a new, jailhouse-glamorous look -- a tight fitting sweater, styled locks and lipstick -- had expected to walk free, but was stunned to find out she'll be held in the slammer in Orlando for about another week.

Anthony has served 1,043 days while she awaited trial. With good behavior and time served, Anthony will be released this weekend.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/casey_anthony_will_report_disguise_jn8UsjpnbcMg2o9 BKZOGxO#ixzz1RuKEiFTf

momoffuzzyfaces
07-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Wonder what she will do about the subpoena she got from zannie Gonzales' lawyer. She is supposed to appear with him on the 19th and give a deposition about all the lies she told about Zannie.. :love:

pomtzu
07-12-2011, 01:02 PM
The only way she will ever survive is with a complete new identity - including altering her appearance. I believe she'll find that out all too soon.

But the death threats against her, her family, and jurors, I find absolutely ludicrous. It's over - judgement has been passed and served - now let everyone get on with their lives as best that they can. Nobody has to agree with the verdict, but what's done, is done, so why not just let it go? Perpetuating this circus is serving no purpose but to fan the flame of hatred, and will change nothing.

And to Nancy Grace and some of her other talking heads - shut the h&ll up and move on. Enough is enough.......:mad:

smokey the elder
07-12-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm really upset most about the threats against the jurors. They came to the correct verdict based on the evidence presented, and nothing else. They gave up 8 weeks of their life, including two holidays. Leave them alone already.

momcat
07-12-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm really upset most about the threats against the jurors. They came to the correct verdict based on the evidence presented, and nothing else. They gave up 8 weeks of their life, including two holidays. Leave them alone already.

There was a story in our local paper saying Juror #12 was afraid to go back to work, called her boss & retired over the phone then packed and left. She told her husband she would rather go to jail than ever serve on a jury again.

Last night on the news there was a story about a man in Philadelphia named Casey Anthony. Since the verdict people have been calling him and leaving horrible messages saying he's a baby killer, he got away with murder, and he has even gotten death threats! He was interviewed and emphasized that he's not THAT Casey Anthony and pleaded for those people to stop annoying him and his family. This has now gone way too far!

The jury didn't see or hear all the things that we did, only what was presented in court. No newspapers, editorials, tv special updates, never had to listen to Nancy Grace run her mouth. The prosecution didn't meet their burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. I agree, Smokey the Elder, the jury gave the right verdict based on what they had.

GrandChester
07-12-2011, 03:31 PM
There was a story in our local paper saying Juror #12 was afraid to go back to work, called her boss & retired over the phone then packed and left. She told her husband she would rather go to jail than ever serve on a jury again.

Last night on the news there was a story about a man in Philadelphia named Casey Anthony. Since the verdict people have been calling him and leaving horrible messages saying he's a baby killer, he got away with murder, and he has even gotten death threats! He was interviewed and emphasized that he's not THAT Casey Anthony and pleaded for those people to stop annoying him and his family. This has now gone way too far!

The jury didn't see or hear all the things that we did, only what was presented in court. No newspapers, editorials, tv special updates, never had to listen to Nancy Grace run her mouth. The prosecution didn't meet their burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. I agree, Smokey the Elder, the jury gave the right verdict based on what they had.

Great point, Mom! I am over it now. Casey does not deserve any more attention positive or negative IMO. She will dig her own grave eventually.

pomtzu
07-12-2011, 03:42 PM
She will dig her own grave eventually.

It appears that she already has. :p

Medusa
07-13-2011, 05:49 AM

That juror went overboard. Her name wasn't released so she overreacted. As for the jury, they clearly could not put things together. They had more than enough evidence to convict Casey whether or not they got to hear all that we heard. There was no evidence of an accidental drowning or of sexual abuse but there was a LOT of evidence pointing to murder and by CASEY, chloroform and duct tape just to name two. I believe that the jury wanted to get it over with b/c they had been sequestered for so long. I think a terrible miscarriage of justice has taken place and that the jurors know it.

sasvermont
07-13-2011, 05:58 AM
I saw another post, somewhere on the web, that sorta summed it up for me:

Florida, thanks for wasting our time yet again.

lizbud
07-13-2011, 11:07 AM
That juror went overboard. Her name wasn't released so she overreacted. As for the jury, they clearly could not put things together. They had more than enough evidence to convict Casey whether or not they got to hear all that we heard. There was no evidence of an accidental drowning or of sexual abuse but there was a LOT of evidence pointing to murder and by CASEY, chloroform and duct tape just to name two. I believe that the jury wanted to get it over with b/c they had been sequestered for so long. I think a terrible miscarriage of justice has taken place and that the jurors know it.

I think you are probably right.They had enough for a verdict of manslaughter. They were probably just concentrating on the murder charge
was wasn't proved beyond doubt.The very long sequestering had a bad effect on the jury & caused a rush to judgement.

happylabs
07-13-2011, 11:48 AM
The only way she will ever survive is with a complete new identity - including altering her appearance. I believe she'll find that out all too soon.

But the death threats against her, her family, and jurors, I find absolutely ludicrous. It's over - judgement has been passed and served - now let everyone get on with their lives as best that they can. Nobody has to agree with the verdict, but what's done, is done, so why not just let it go? Perpetuating this circus is serving no purpose but to fan the flame of hatred, and will change nothing.

And to Nancy Grace and some of her other talking heads - shut the h&ll up and move on. Enough is enough.......:mad:

Amen! This is so wrong about threatening jurors. People are not going to want to serve on a jury.

And, yes...Nancy Grace...enough is enough.

mrspunkysmom
07-13-2011, 12:58 PM
I thought they could have convicted on something similar to "depraved indifference" to human life. She did wait 30? days to tell her mother that she was missing. Maybe Florida doesn't have that or the District attorney overreached.

I think you are probably right.They had enough for a verdict of manslaughter. They were probably just concentrating on the murder charge
was wasn't proved beyond doubt.The very long sequestering had a bad effect on the jury & caused a rush to judgement.

Medusa
07-13-2011, 03:49 PM
And, yes...Nancy Grace...enough is enough.

HLN is lovin' NG right about now. Their ratings had tanked and she brought them back up. We'll probably see more of her and Jane Velez Mitchell more than ever. JVM reminds me of the irritating little sister that wants to tag along.

lvpets2002
07-13-2011, 04:03 PM
:) I used to like them both.. But now I think they are both just too much of rattle mouths & alot of hot air..

HLN is lovin' NG right about now. Their ratings had tanked and she brought them back up. We'll probably see more of her and Jane Velez Mitchell more than ever. JVM reminds me of the irritating little sister that wants to tag along.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-13-2011, 04:22 PM
:) I used to like them both.. But now I think they are both just too much of rattle mouths & alot of hot air..

Same here! I also got tired of Nancy G. never letting anyone who doesn't agree with her finish a sentence or talking over them. Why have them on if you are going to muffle them? :love:

cassiesmom
07-13-2011, 04:26 PM
I heard on the news that Casey Anthony, her parents, and at least one of the jurors have all received death threats.

lvpets2002
07-13-2011, 04:32 PM
:rolleyes: Well now there is a suprise.. Yes I heard the Juror has had to leave her job & move out of state.. And as for Casey & Parents then so be it.. Justice will be done one way or the other..

I heard on the news that Casey Anthony, her parents, and at least one of the jurors have all received death threats.

Medusa
07-14-2011, 02:07 PM
I just now turned on the TV and Dorothy Clay Sims, one of Casey's attorneys, was asked by Joy Behar if she would trust Casey to babysit her kids. She was really flummoxed and said "Well, my kids are older". Then she asked "Well, how about your grandkids then?" and she was flummoxed again. Very telling, IMO.

I also noticed that the attorney has had somewhat of a makeover. She now has a stylish haircut and she's wearing makeup. I guess if you're going to make the rounds on the talk circuit, you have to look pretty. When you're defending someone in a murder case, not so much.

pomtzu
07-14-2011, 02:44 PM
I also noticed that the attorney has had somewhat of a makeover. She now has a stylish haircut and she's wearing makeup. I guess if you're going to make the rounds on the talk circuit, you have to look pretty. When you're defending someone in a murder case, not so much.

LOL - kind of like Marcia Clark, the prosecutor in the O.J. trial. Quite a striking difference in the before and after with her.

And how about all these lawsuits that are now popping up to slap Casey with? Even if they win - and some most likely will - how do they ever expect to collect any $$$. You can't get blood out of a turnip. :rolleyes: I suppose they could order her to pay with any future earnings, but I don't really think she's going to make much by attempting to tell her side of the story of Caylee. I heard she may be headed for Puerto Rico when she gets out on Sunday. I also heard that the people of P.R. don't want her there either. I say ship her to some deserted island in the middle of the ocean! :p

sasvermont
07-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Give me a break. She has a team. I wish her luck leaving jail on Sunday. I hope her "team" takes care of her, better than she took care of her daughter.

I just cannot believe that a child is dead and no one is responsible for it. No one. Nadda. Not only did she die, but her body was tossed in a swamp to rot and be eaten by wildlife. How cruel. No one is responsible for this either. I cannot believe that the police could not establish who Caylee was with during her missing time.

What goes around, comes around. I don't like that expression but I hope it applies to this matter.

Casey will be in for a rude awakening when she leaves jail. She better high tail it out of town to some remote location.

If I never hear her name again, it will be too soon.

I hope her parents, for as odd as they are, recover and love their son and his wife as much as they can, to get over that freak of a person, Casey, they birthed.

Amen.

wombat2u2004
07-15-2011, 10:45 AM
I see that there are already petitions on their way to the President to try her under Federal jurisdiction.....I got this one on Facebook today.
If anyone wants to sign it, I'll give you the link.

Under the separate sovereign doctrine, a defendant may be prosecuted for the same offense by separate sovereigns, such as State and Federal governments. Heath v. Alabama, 474 U.S. 82, 88, 88 L. Ed. 2d 387, 106 S. Ct. 433 (1985)

Florida v. Casey Marie Anthony was state-level, and the FBI's involvement - along with false statements made to the FBI by Ms. Anthony - makes it possible for the Federal Government to prepare a case against Casey Marie Anthony.

The Fifth Amendment regarding "Double Jeopardy" and its exceptions, which include prosecution by separate sovereigns so long as each unit draws their authority from separate sources of power:

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/constitution/pdf2002/023.pdf

Grace
07-15-2011, 06:54 PM
This will never end -

Casey Anthony, acquitted of charges that she murdered her daughter Caylee, filed an appeal today of her conviction that she lied to law enforcement officers.

Medusa
07-15-2011, 06:57 PM
How in the world can she appeal that??? She's on tape lying for everyone to hear!

Karen
07-15-2011, 08:20 PM
I see that there are already petitions on their way to the President to try her under Federal jurisdiction.....I got this one on Facebook today.
If anyone wants to sign it, I'll give you the link.

Online petitions carry no weight, and frankly I'd rather the President and Congress stick to other important matters at the moment.

wombat2u2004
07-16-2011, 03:07 AM
Online petitions carry no weight, and frankly I'd rather the President and Congress stick to other important matters at the moment.

Yes, I've been told that before about online petitions, but they deserve some sort of credit for at least trying I guess.

pomtzu
07-16-2011, 07:25 AM
How in the world can she appeal that??? She's on tape lying for everyone to hear!

But didn't she plead guilty to the charges too?? - I thought she did. And on different occasions, her attorneys stated that she lied to authorities. I don't get it! And so now some guy in prison in SC says he could be the father and wants DNA testing - and if he is that he will file a wrongful death suit against Casey. I wonder who will come up with what, next??? :rolleyes: This is getting to sound more and more like a very poorly written soap opera - only worse. :rolleyes::eek:

Medusa
07-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Did you happen to see the woman who claimed that b/c she resembles Casey that someone ran her off the road and her car overturned twice? She said that the woman called her a baby killer, etc. I think it's bogus. Just b/c her haircut is like Casey's WAS doesn't mean she looks at all like her. Say what we will about Casey, she's an attractive girl, much more so than the doink who wants her 15 minutes, both she and her mother. :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-16-2011, 11:29 AM

Anything to get her the attention she wants I think. :rolleyes:

I read that she is also going to need a safe house and body guard. How is she going to pay for those? She is supposed to be broke. Hope lawyers plan to adopt her.

Medusa
07-16-2011, 11:37 AM

I read that she is also going to need a safe house and body guard. How is she going to pay for those? She is supposed to be broke. Hope lawyers plan to adopt her.

People, mostly men, have been sending her money during the 3 years she was in jail. That's how she was able to buy cosmetics, personal products, etc. and at one point she was overdrawn. She has at least $500 to leave jail with and the average prisoner has 30 some dollars when they leave. People are stupid enough to send her money, people that don't even know her, so I'm sure she'll play upon the sympathy and generosity of others to get by.

Grace
07-16-2011, 11:37 AM
She's going to go from one jail to another. For all her dreams of going out dancing and drinking and more tattoos, she's going to be stuck in a safe house somewhere.

kokopup
07-16-2011, 11:40 AM
This is without doubt a part of the OJ Simpson conspiracy.;)

pomtzu
07-16-2011, 11:48 AM

I heard Jose Baez say that people are sending in checks for her, and some large amounts too, not just a couple of $$ here and there. Also, people have been offering her safe havens to hide out in, such as large ranches, etc, psychiatric counseling, and a lot of other services. And they say that crime doesn't pay????? Guess the person that coined that phrase, had no way of knowing the likes of people like Casey Anthony!

And her lawyers will see to it that she gets everything she needs (and wants). If she wasn't an attractive, young female, I doubt that they would be so accommodating. The way she flirts and bats those eyelashes at Jose just makes me sick. Does anyone think that some guy would get the same special treatment that she is getting???? - I doubt it.

mon
07-16-2011, 12:01 PM
I think think broad is just plain SKEEZY and anyone that has anything to do with her is just beggin' for trouble and should have their head examined. That said, I sure hope she ties to stay out of trouble and doesn't physically harm anyone else again. Don't really think I should hold out much hope of that though. One can always pray.....

momoffuzzyfaces
07-17-2011, 01:38 PM
What I can't believe is that she got out over 12 hours ago and HLN is STILL yammering about it. It's over already!!!! The broad is gone so drop it. Glad I'm not forced to watch that coverage. (I just channel surfed and saw they were still going on about it)

hmmmm, maybe instead of having death row in prisons, they can make all the inmates watch all the taped coverage of this case that HLN has. It might not kill the ones on death row but I bet they would wish it had. :D

pomtzu
07-17-2011, 01:47 PM
We've hardly heard the end, MOFF! :mad: It will go on and on - where is she? - when is she going to give an interview? - will she contact her family? - yadda-yadda-yadda. :eek::rolleyes: You can be sure that HLN, and Nancy Grace in particular, won't let this be over and done with for a good LOOOOOOOONG time!

moosmom
07-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Okay, she's now outta jail. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! CNN keeps playing her leaving jail OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!! She's already talking about changing her name AND her looks. She forgets that she's got a couple of lawsuits against her for restitution for wasting the State's time looking for a child she KNEW was dead. It's gonna take more than plastic surgery and a name change. If I NEVER hear that biatch's name again, it'll be too soon!

momcat
07-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Last night on Judge Pirro they said a woman has come forward claiming to be Calley's paternal grandmother. She wants to have paternity legally established through genetic testing using dna from her deceased son's toothbrush and hairbrush.

The issue of paternity can be easily resolved by genetic testing using samples from the alleged father, Casey, and Calley. The question is if she IS the pgm, where has she been for almost 5 years? Sounds like someone else wanting their 5 minutes in the headlines.

pomtzu
07-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Last night on Judge Pirro they said a woman has come forward claiming to be Calley's paternal grandmother. She wants to have paternity legally established through genetic testing using dna from her deceased son's toothbrush and hairbrush.

The issue of paternity can be easily resolved by genetic testing using samples from the alleged father, Casey, and Calley. The question is if she IS the pgm, where has she been for almost 5 years? Sounds like someone else wanting their 5 minutes in the headlines.

I heard that one a couple of weeks ago - if it's the same one. The woman lives in MA (I think) and her son was killed in an auto accident (as Casey claims the father was), and he worked in FL. Claims the son told her all about Casey and the baby, and gave her details on the Anthony family that he supposedly was told by Casey. I haven't heard any more about it tho. Who knows.......:confused::rolleyes:
Of course now there's the con in jail in SC that says he could be the father too.......:eek:
Does anyone really care??? - except for the ones that are trying to sue Casey? Obviously Casey didn't care............

momoffuzzyfaces
07-17-2011, 05:34 PM
I heard that one a couple of weeks ago - if it's the same one. The woman lives in MA (I think) and her son was killed in an auto accident (as Casey claims the father was), and he worked in FL. Claims the son told her all about Casey and the baby, and gave her details on the Anthony family that he supposedly was told by Casey. I haven't heard any more about it tho. Who knows.......:confused::rolleyes:
Of course now there's the con in jail in SC that says he could be the father too.......:eek:
Does anyone really care??? - except for the ones that are trying to sue Casey? Obviously Casey didn't care............

Oh, the con, if he would happen to be Caylee's father, wants to slap a wrongful death suit against Casey. Just like Nichole's parents did OJ. :rolleyes: