PDA

View Full Version : 10 babies!

lv4dogs
11-04-2002, 12:09 PM
I am soo excited, Sometime during the middle of friday night Lil' Love (one of my rats) had 10 babies! Oh they are so gosh darn cute!! Too young to know what sex, colors or if they are dumbo's or not. She is a dumbo lilac hooded w/ ruby eyes! I am keeping 2-3 females & one of my friend's will probably take 2 or 3 females. The mamma came from a pet store (but you'd never know it) to keep my one surviving female company so I do not know her background. But she is & always has been very healthy & extremelly friendly. So if anyone is interested in babies near the Rochester, NY area in a few weeks let me know. I am willing to travel a bit & there is no charge.:) ;) :p :cool: :D

jenluckenbach
11-04-2002, 12:56 PM
Babies............How sweet. Bt what if they're all males?????????
Have fun with them, and post pictures if you can.

Desert Arabian
11-04-2002, 04:00 PM
That's what happened to me with the last litter my rat had
(Mar 21,02). She had 9 babies total- one died, out of those 8, 7 were males and 1 was a female- that's my little Sweet Pea :)
My mom and I called them the "Band of Brothers"- you know, like the movie "Band of Brothers"- yea, anyhow....... :rolleyes:

Here's a picture of the boys:

Uabassoon
11-04-2002, 04:24 PM
I've always wanted a rat. But I think it would end up becomming a fancy meal for Corkscrew. Boy rats kind of weird me out because they have really big nuts (I know it sounds funny, but it's true). Can you get rats neutered?

Desert Arabian
11-04-2002, 04:27 PM
yes.... you can get them neutered!! I think the testicles on male rats are rather gross. I would definetly have him neutered.

p.s. sorry my picture is not working :mad:

jenluckenbach
11-04-2002, 05:52 PM
I was all ready to see that picture. Are you working on getting it working??

lv4dogs
11-05-2002, 12:48 PM
Babies............How sweet. Bt what if they're all males?????????

Oh my all males!! I would have to get an additional cage & keep some. But please don't jinx me. LOL
Unfortanatally I can't post pic's. No scanner or dig. cam.

Sam's My Baby
11-05-2002, 01:43 PM
O yay babies! I bet they are sooo cute!:D