PDA

View Full Version : Pampered Chef

Sirrahsim
05-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Anyone sell it/love it? Our employment status is about to be a bit unpredictable and I am looking for something portable and fun to supplement the inevitable bore-me-to-tears part time jobs. I am SO excited to get started even if just to get the kit of stuff:D

So if you sell it, can you send me any pointers?

If you love it, what are your favorite tools and why?? :)

I couldn't live without my cookie scoop. How did I ever make cookies without it??

Karen
05-23-2011, 12:35 AM
Never heard of it. I don't own a cookie scoop, and make cookies fine -just two regular spoons work just fine.

Sirrahsim
05-23-2011, 12:52 AM
I used to use two spoons, It's amazing how much faster it is with a scoop :D They taste delicious either way :)

pomtzu
05-23-2011, 06:54 AM
I only have one item - a lucite cutting board. Their things are nice, but way overpriced IMO. I use a melon ball scoop for a cookie scoop and it works great.

Freedom
05-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Very pricey, I looked at some a friend was selling, but felt I could live w/ out any.

caseysmom
05-23-2011, 09:52 AM
I do really like it but it is pricey although there stuff lasts forever.I have things I bought years ago and they still look brand new.

3Catcondo
05-23-2011, 11:24 AM
I have alot of the stoneware and afforded the stuff I have by having several parties and getting discounts on it. I love their stuff and it lasts forever!

Cataholic
05-24-2011, 11:27 AM
I love Pampered Chef! I love, love, love the stones, and use them often for lots of things. I bought the sandwhich maker for J's PB&Js, and he loves them. Looks just like those uncrustables, and since he doesn't eat the crust..it works just fine. I also bought a serrated knife recently. It cuts tomatoes so nicely.

I would buy more...but I think it is a bit pricey. Worth it, yes. Pricey none the less.

shais_mom
05-24-2011, 11:48 AM
Never heard of it. I don't own a cookie scoop, and make cookies fine -just two regular spoons work just fine.

are you serious? You have NEVER heard of Pampered chef?
wow!
http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/shopOnline.tpc

Missy - I love the bag clips and the meat tool that you can use to break up ground meat. And their praing knives for $1.50 each. Best little knife ever. I've been to 2 parties since March. :)
Yes, its pricey but you get what you pay for.

Sirrahsim
05-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Once I get my website up and running I would be delighted to process any orders you may have:D
I have been reading everything that I can about direct sale business and pampered chef in general to get ready to sell it on my own!:eek:

I will add all of the things you guys mentioned to my wish list since those are items you know and love:)
I know that the large stone bar pan comes with the kit but I absolutely plan on getting more of it. I have heard many people rave about their stoneware.:D

caseysmom
05-24-2011, 01:41 PM
I love the steamer too...one of my favorite things. I love the bowls with covers too, great for keeping pancake batter. I have had the garlic press for 14 years.

shais_mom
05-24-2011, 05:31 PM
i also have the small micro cooker - those are great for veggies or soup!

sasvermont
05-24-2011, 06:16 PM
I have several items by PC. I would buy more. I think I went to parties when I bought my items.

Everything I have, I like.

Karen
05-24-2011, 10:01 PM
So is it like Tupperware used to be, people host parties an get friends to buy stuff? Just curious, yes, Staci, I have never heard of it until this thread! I have an eclectic, non-standard group of friends offline, I guess! Maybe it isn't big in this area?

Sirrahsim
05-25-2011, 12:03 AM
Yes Karen, it is a lot like tupperware! The products are a bit pricey, but the quality is fantastic and all products are covered by a minimum of 30 days guarantee. Most products are covered by at least a year and some are even covered for life. It looks like a really great company and is one of those things where you really do get what you pay for.:D

Sirrahsim
05-25-2011, 12:13 AM
SAS I will have my site up in a couple of weeks if you would like to place an order with me:D Have to get state side first. There is also the option of hosting an online catalog show where you can earn free products:D

Now I will step off of my over-eager sales lady box and be normal again :D
Anyone who is interested can PM me if you want more info.

caseysmom
05-25-2011, 12:56 AM
I went to a party last November or December. The only item I have purchased and not cared for was the oil sprinzer it got plugged up right away.

Good luck I will keep you in mind if I need anything.

anna_66
05-25-2011, 04:23 PM
The only item I have purchased and not cared for was the oil sprinzer it got plugged up right away.

I had the same problem with it, but I've LOVED every other thing I've gotten! I'll remember to keep you in mind when I need something:D

kuhio98
05-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Missy ~ I just placed an order last week. If I had known, I'd have definitely waited to order from you. So, please let us know when your site is up and running.

Here's the link to the lady I ordered from in case you're looking for ideas on how you want your website to look. http://www.pamperedchef.biz/suebee

Not sure if the pink is her standards webpage, or if it was for the Komen 3 Day for the Cure (the hostess is raising funds for breast cancer).

Marigold2
05-26-2011, 09:42 AM
I bought some items years ago when I had parties. Some I use and some I don't use at all.
I find that a lot of people now a days are cutting back on baked goods (cookies, cakes, tarts) and eating more fruits and salads.
I do love the spatulas.
The stones are too heavy and I don't bake that often any more.
Love the bowls.
The cookwear was pretty good. I used it for about seven years and then bought a new set from a store which I love, love, love.
Wishing you the best of luck.

Sirrahsim
05-27-2011, 03:10 AM
thank you for listing all of your favorites :) That will be a huge help to me! We STILL don't know when we're leaving despite the fact that we are supposed to be out of here by the 1st:eek: I don't think they are going to meet their own deadline! Oh well, one more paycheck for us if my hubby continues to work into June:)

mrspunkysmom
05-27-2011, 06:49 PM
I love the pizza tray. (Round cooking tray) Just scrape it. The bread doesn't stick to it. Clean with warm water only. No soap since it is ceramic.

I have some bread pans but don't use them. Shame on me.

Were I to get more, I would make sure that what I cook meat on is not used to vegetables or foods like breads or cookies. The ceramic does absorb juices from food.

Good luck with your venture

BitsyNaceyDog
05-27-2011, 07:10 PM
I love Pampered Chef! My mom often gets me their things for Christmas. The only thing she's gotten me that I haven't like was this decorating kit.

http://www.pamperedchef.com/images/product/resized/1585_product.jpg

http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/prod_details.tpc?prodId=13835&catId=122&parentCatId=122&outletSubCat=

Karen
06-03-2011, 02:50 PM
thank you for listing all of your favorites :) That will be a huge help to me! We STILL don't know when we're leaving despite the fact that we are supposed to be out of here by the 1st:eek: I don't think they are going to meet their own deadline! Oh well, one more paycheck for us if my hubby continues to work into June:)

Any update on when you'll be stateside?

Sirrahsim
06-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Nothing official yet. We were supposed to be home on the 1st of June but THAT obviously didn't happen. At this point we don't even have paperwork saying that we are leaving so I would be surprised if we were home before the week of the 20th. We are told that is HAS to be before the end of June so at most we have less than 4 weeks to go. :eek:
I can't wait to see my family and my fur babies! We sent Boomer and Sooner ahead of us to escape the summer embargoes and they are currently staying with family. I miss them like crazy!

Karen
06-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Nothing official yet. We were supposed to be home on the 1st of June but THAT obviously didn't happen. At this point we don't even have paperwork saying that we are leaving so I would be surprised if we were home before the week of the 20th. We are told that is HAS to be before the end of June so at most we have less than 4 weeks to go. :eek:
I can't wait to see my family and my fur babies! We sent Boomer and Sooner ahead of us to escape the summer embargoes and they are currently staying with family. I miss them like crazy!

I am sure they miss you, too! If by any chance (unlikely but ...) you end up going through Logan airport, let us know, as that's right near us!

sirrahbed
06-03-2011, 04:41 PM
My very favorite item is the ice cream scoop. It uses the heat from your hand to warm a liquid (paraffin?) in the core of the scoop and so makes perfect scoops of even very hard and cold ice cream :) Another item I use most every day is the glass bowl with a handle and lid. I have two sizes and love them as they are measuring bowls, oven-proof baking bowls, mixing bowls and storage bowls....all in one. Pampered Chef *is* pricy but great for gifts and they have so many hard to find items that you would have to look for at a gourmet cooking store. That is why they are called "pampered" chef I guess :D

Sirrahsim
06-04-2011, 02:02 AM
I am sure they miss you, too! If by any chance (unlikely but ...) you end up going through Logan airport, let us know, as that's right near us!
Will do :)

happylabs
06-04-2011, 07:01 AM
My daughter got me the garlic press for Christmas and it is my all time favorite kitchen tool! This thing is amazing. After years and years of peeling and smashing the garlic. You put the clove in and press and out comes the crushed garlic. Open it up and pull out the skin. There is even a little brush that fits perfectly into the holes to push out what doesn't come out on its own.

I find myself looking for ways to use it because it is so fun!!!

Sirrahsim
06-04-2011, 07:11 AM
oh yes! I was very excited to learn that the garlic press comes in the starter kit! I hate chopping garlic:mad:

sasvermont
06-04-2011, 08:02 AM
I do want a couple of things and will wait for your web site to come up, to order them.

Hope you get your travel plans squared away soon.

Sas and her campers!

Lillycat
06-06-2011, 09:38 AM
i will be waiting for your site also.....i have a few things to order.....

Sirrahsim
06-06-2011, 10:13 AM
I am very sorry for the delay! This whole mess with getting to the states is frustrating!

happylabs
06-06-2011, 11:43 AM
oh yes! I was very excited to learn that the garlic press comes in the starter kit! I hate chopping garlic:mad:

Oh, you are going to love it! I have never ever found a garlic press that really worked until I got this one for Christmas. You really don't have to press all that hard either to get the clove to come through the holes. I think I might have lost the little brush to clean it though. :(

Here's a pic of it. It looks like a little Barbie Doll brush. :p

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=4202

Sirrahsim
06-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Hey everyone! I am so sorry that this took forever ! We finally got to Ohio on Friday and I was sick as a dog so basically hibernated until Sunday morning. ETA on my website is no later than Tuesday. The plan right now is for me to open up a grand opening catalog show at that time for anyone who would like to place an order. I will send the details to everyone who expressed interest but if you know someone else who might be interested then by all means feel free to share what I send to you!
If you are interested in hosting your own show to earn free and discounted products, let me know and I will send you information about how to host a successful catalog show!
Happylabs, if you are interested I can order a replacement brush for your garlic press. I do not have the price list in front of me but I am certain that it was less than $5 and all replacement parts come with free shipping!

Karen
06-26-2011, 06:53 PM
Well, welcome home, Missy! And good luck with getting everything set up! Make sure you - or whoever is building your website - backs everything up every day, just in case! And choose difficult-to-remember passwords for everything - something that won't be in a dictionary, just in case.

Marigold2
06-26-2011, 06:59 PM
I have this garlic press for some years now and it is wonderful.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=4202

sasvermont
06-27-2011, 07:18 AM
I've been waiting for you to bring up your web site. I will place an order as soon as it is an option. I love PC products. :)

Sirrahsim
06-27-2011, 08:39 PM
My Pampered Chef Grand Opening Show has begun!

It will run from today until Monday July 4.

Pampered Chef says that I may not post a link to my personal website on another forum, so I sent a link to everyone who seemed like they might want to browse our catalog. PLEASE, pass it on to anyone who might be interested in taking a look. If I didn't send it to you, ask me!

If you would like to organize a catalog show of your own, just send me a message and I will get you all of the information you will need to do so! If you need help finding a consultant in your area for a live show, I can point you in the right direction for that too!

It is my intention to hold an open show for anyone who would like to order at least one week out of every month. Rather than spam everyone, I will not post about each one! If you would like a reminder email for any particular season, please send me a PM and I will add you to my list.

Thank you for sharing my excitement in the launch of this new business venture!

sirrahbed
06-28-2011, 08:30 AM
well, of course her mom had to place an order :) I noticed that if you happen to spend $60, you get a free gift but you have to click on "Guest Special" and chose what you want. I got a jar of Thai Peanut Sauce!! I ordered some biscuit cutters, a food chopper and a meat tenderizer (must have for pork cutlets!!)

Sirrahsim
06-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks for your order Mom :)

caseysmom
06-28-2011, 12:48 PM
My sister in law admired my cutting sheets/things so I am going to go on and order a set for her.

Sirrahsim
06-28-2011, 12:49 PM
I bet she'll love having a set of her own :)

kuhio98
06-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Missy ~ I'll be placing an order too.
Sent your link to my Mom and alternate (the lady who does my job when I'm not here). Hopefully, they'll place orders too. :D

Sirrahsim
06-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Thank you Lisa :)

cassiesmom
06-28-2011, 05:36 PM
http://www.pamperedchef.com/images/product/resized/2759_product.jpg
This can opener works really well. Huge cans, tiny cans, etc., etc.

Moesha
06-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Can you send me the link and information about a catalog party? My sister has been talking about getting that garlic press for ages, but we weren't able to go to the only pampered chef party we've been invited to. That was a year ago. She also has this silicone baster brush that she uses all the time that I'm interested in.

Sirrahsim
06-28-2011, 07:51 PM
I sent you a PM, Moesha!

Sirrahsim
07-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Party closed

kuhio98
07-02-2011, 11:54 AM
My order is in. So many cool things to choose!
I hope your PT party is a great success.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/mitt.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/scoop.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/towel.jpg and my free gift http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/chilipeppersauce.jpg

Pinot's Mom
07-02-2011, 01:33 PM
I missed this altogether! I'll take a look tomorrow, on my way to a baby shower now. I LOVE THAT GARLIC PRESS, but haven't seen mine in ages....methinks the catsitter "borrowed" it....:rolleyes:

Sirrahsim
07-02-2011, 01:50 PM
I missed this altogether! I'll take a look tomorrow, on my way to a baby shower now. I LOVE THAT GARLIC PRESS, but haven't seen mine in ages....methinks the catsitter "borrowed" it....:rolleyes:

can you blame her?:D That thing is awesome!

Sirrahsim
07-06-2011, 09:49 AM
I forgot to mention that if you ordered items, they were shipped on Tuesday the 5th! Look for them soon :)

sasvermont
07-06-2011, 11:58 AM
I keep forgetting that I ordered PC stuff. No, not short term memory loss. I usually go to a store to purchase items - or a party.... PC stuff rocks for sure.

I ordered the garlic press and one or two other items, don't recall..... hey, maybe it is short term memory loss.

I like surprises anyway.

I hope your first "party" was a good one Missy. Remind us again, when you have another one. I might do a few Christmas gifts via PC.

Hope Ohio is being kind to you and your family.

Sas and her campers (all hot right now).........;):o:(:eek::confused: Expecting rain, thunder, lightening, downpours....ugh!

Sirrahsim
07-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Hopefully you will get your stuff soon so you can enjoy your surprises:D
Thanks to this wonderful group of PTers the kick off show was a success.
:love: THANK YOU!:love:
I will have at least one catalog show a month but will not bug PT with all my links unless you ask me :) I have a couple requests for a show closer to Christmas so will definitely get the word out at least for one around November.
Just shoot me a PM or email if you have any questions or concerns!

sasvermont
07-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Just bring up this thread whenever you have a show. Not bugging anyone. If someone is interested, they will click....and go to the end post to find the info.

Can't wait for the surprises to arrive! LOL.

Sas

Sirrahsim
07-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Closed

sasvermont
07-17-2011, 01:46 PM
I rec'd my items a few days ago. Everything was nicely packed, etc. FedEx does a nice job at not smashing boxes. I love all my items. I bought a four compartment small bread/loaf pan and will use it today. It will make the size meatloaf for two person dinners. I find that if I make a huge loaf of anything, I eat it way too quickly.

Can't wait to use the garlic press, as I have heard great things about it.

Thanks again. Keep us posted about your next show etc..

Do you mean July 24th?

mrspunkysmom
07-17-2011, 02:22 PM
My current show closes on June 24th. The link is below:)

http://www.pamperedchef.bi​z/melissawendl?page=host-s​earch-results&showId=31945​62

June or July. It's not in your Calendar?

Sirrahsim
07-17-2011, 04:12 PM
June or July. It's not in your Calendar?

July!! Thank you :) I sent you a PM

Sirrahsim
07-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Current Show Closing July 30 at 9pm EST:

http://www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl?page=products-main&showId=3224098

slick
07-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Do you ship to KA-NA-DA????? :)

Sirrahsim
07-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Do you ship to KA-NA-DA????? :)

Unfortunately we do not :( Pampered Chef Canada and Pampered Chef USA like to keep themselves seperate. If you need a consultant, you can use the tool on the PC Canada site located at the link below!

http://www.pamperedchef.ca/join_us/info/request_info.tpc?source=FC

slick
07-27-2011, 09:08 PM
OK, thanks. Followed the link.....