PDA

View Full Version : Puzzle 553 Missing players, please come back! Pweez!

mrspunkysmom
05-21-2011, 09:20 PM
New players! Read the rules before you join, please, and be prepared to host the next if you win!

These are the rules:

* 1. You may only guess one letter at a time.

* 2. After you have guessed a letter, you must wait for another player to guess a letter before you can go again. (see also rule #9)

* 3. The host of the game responding to a guess does not count as a turn. Should you choose a letter, then receive a response from the member host, you must wait for the next member to guess a letter.

* 4. One point will be awarded for each correct letter, 2 points for vowels.

* 5. Only six misses are allowed in the game.

* 6. If you wish to guess the phrase, send it to me via Pet Talk Private message. (This is accessible via the 'PM' or 'Profile' buttons on any of my posts). DO NOT post it on the forum. If you wish to guess a letter, post it on the forum.

* 7. You must have submitted a correct letter to submit your solution. Unlike letters, if you submit a wrong solution, you are disqualified from continuing in that puzzle.

* 8. The player who correctly guesses the phrase wins the game. If no one has guessed it correctly after six misses, then the player with the most points wins the game.

* 9. Only 5 guesses allowed in total until the host updates the puzzle. Any guess after 5, before the next update, won't be counted as a guess. And as always, someone else has to guess a letter before you can guess another letter.

And here is what you win ... you get to create the next puzzle.

(Should you win the game and are unable to host the next puzzle, you may pass it to the member with the next highest points)

Here’s the puzzle!

−−−− −−−−−−−−−. −−− −−−−−−− −−−−. − −−−−−− −−−−−−−−. −−− −−− −− −−−'− −−−−−−− −− −−− −−−− −−−−−−−−, −−−−−−, −−−−−−−−−−−, −−−−−−−−−−.

−−−− −− −−−− −−−−− −−−−−−−−. −−− −−−−−−− −−−− −−−−−− −−−−−−− −−−−−−−−− −− −−− −−−−− −−−−−−−. −− −−−−−−− −−−−−− −−−−−− −−− −−−−− −−−−−−−−−. −−−−−− −−−−−−−− −−−−− −−−− −−−−−−−−−−− −−−−− −−− −−−−−−− −− −−−. −−−−−− −−−−−− −−−−− −−− −−−−−− −− −−−−−−−−− −−−− −−−−−.

−−− −−−− −−−− −−−−−−.

−−−−−−−− −− −−−− −−−−
−−−− −−−−−−−−−
−−−−−−−− 1994

Letters to guess:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

wombat2u2004
05-21-2011, 10:21 PM
E please :D

mrspunkysmom
05-21-2011, 10:55 PM
−−−− −−−−−−−−−. −−e −−−−−−− −−−−. − −−−e−− −e−−−−e−. −−− −−− −− −−−‘− −−−−−−− −− −−− −−−− −−e−−e−−, −e−−−e, −−−e−−−−−−e, −−−−−−−−−−.

−−−− −− −−−e −−−−− −−−−−−e−. −−− −e−−−e− −−−e −−−−e− −−−−−−− −−−−−−−−− −− −−− −−−−− −−−−−−e. −− −−ee−e− −−−e−− −−−−−− −−e −−−−− −−−−−−−−−. −−−e−− −−−−−−−− −−−−− −−−− −e−−−−−−−e− −e−e− −e− −−−−−e− −− −−−. −−ee−− −−−−−− −−−−− −−e −e−−−− −− e−−−−−e−− −−−− E−−−−.

−−− −−e− −−−− −e−−−−.

−−−e−−−− −− −−−− −−−−
−e−− −−−−−−−−−
−e−−−−−− 1994

Letters to guess:

ABCD FGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Wombat = 41 E = 82

kokopup
05-21-2011, 11:09 PM
A please

wombat2u2004
05-22-2011, 12:33 AM
S please

Felicia's Mom
05-22-2011, 06:43 AM
I, please.

mrspunkysmom
05-22-2011, 08:29 AM
−−−a I−−−−−i−a. −−e −−−−−−− −−−−. A si−e−− se−−i−e−. −−− a−− −− −a−‘s −is−−−− i− −a− −−−− −−e−−ea−, −e−−−e, −−−ea−−a−−e, −−−−−−a−−−.

−−−a is −−−e a−ai− is−−a−e−. −−− −e−a−es −a−e −asse− −i−−−−− −−−−−a−−s −− i−s −−s−− s−−−a−e. −− −−ee−e− −−−e−s −a−−−− −−e −−−a− −i−−−a−−s. Si−e−− −a−−a−−s −−a−− −as− −e−−i−−−ies −e−e− −e− −isi−e− −− −a−. −−see− −is−as a−ai− −−e −e−−−− −− e−−−−−e−s −−−− Ea−−−.

A−− −−e− −i−− −e−−−−.

−−−e−−−− −− −−−− S−−−
−ei− A−−s−−−−−
−e−−−a−− 1994

Letters to guess:

BCD FGH JKLMNOPQR TUVWXYZ

Wombat = 41 E 25 S = 107
Kokopup = 34 A = 68
Felicia’s Mom = 21 I = 42

wombat2u2004
05-22-2011, 11:02 AM
T please

mrspunkysmom
05-22-2011, 11:48 AM
−−−a I−−−−−ita. T−e −−−−−−− −−−−. A si−e−t se−ti−e−. −−− a−− −− −a−‘s −ist−−− it −a− −−−− −−e−−ea−, −e−−te, −−−ea−−a−−e, −−−−−−a−−e.

−−−a is −−−e a−ai− is−−ate−. T−− −e−a−es −a−e −asse− −it−−−t −−−t−a−−s −− its −−st− s−−−a−e. −− −−ee−e− −−−e−s −at−−− t−e −−−a− −i−−−a−−s. Si−e−t −a−−a−ts −−a−− −ast te−−it−−ies −e−e− −et −isite− −− −a−. −−see− −istas a−ait t−e −et−−− −− e−−−−−e−s −−−− Ea−t−.

A−− t−e− −i−− −et−−−.

−−−e−−−− t− −−−− S−−t
−ei− A−−st−−−−
−e−−−a−− 1994

Letters to guess:

BCD FGH JKLMNOPQR UVWXYZ

Wombat = 42 E 25 S 33 T = 142 Oops forgot an E
Kokopup = 34 A = 68

kokopup
05-22-2011, 02:14 PM
h please

Change back to old font. It is hard to see dashes, they are all one streak

mrspunkysmom
05-22-2011, 02:52 PM
h please

Change back to old font. It is hard to see dashes, they are all one streak

Okay And these are the standard dash; I use the symbol font because I can't see the other dashes well at all. I don't know how it copies into the input box, though. I also double space between words and quadruple space at the end of a sentence.

Uh, how's the race going?

mrspunkysmom
05-22-2011, 02:59 PM
−−−a I−−−−−ita. The −−−−−−− −−−−. A si−e−t se−ti−e−. −−− a−− −− −a−‘s hist−−− it ha− h−−− −−e−hea−, −e−−te, −−−ea−ha−−e, −−−−−−a−−e.

−−−a is −−−e a−ai− is−−ate−. T−− −e−a−es ha−e −asse− −ith−−t −−−t−a−−s −− its −−st− s−−−a−e. −− −hee−e− −−−e−s −at−−− the −−−a− hi−h−a−−s. Si−e−t −a−−a−ts −−a−− −ast te−−it−−ies −e−e− −et −isite− −− −a−. −−see− −istas a−ait the −et−−− −− e−−−−−e−s −−−− Ea−th.

A−− the− −i−− −et−−−.

−−−e−−−− t− −−−− Sh−t
−ei− A−−st−−−−
−e−−−a−− 1994

Letters to guess:

BCD FGH JKLMNOPQR UVWXYZ

Wombat = 42 E 25 S 33 T = 142 Oops forgot an E
Kokopup = 34 A 16 H = 84

kokopup
05-22-2011, 04:28 PM
mrspunkysmom

Uh, how's the race going?

I made my appearance yesterday and this morning and everything was moving along smoothly. The Big Kahuna was happy so all is well in Xterraland. They had moved this race ahead two weeks to escape the heat and all was well until today, temperture wise. We have been having below average temperature all week until today. The swim and bike races were early enough to escape the 91 degree afternoon temps. The older/slower classes ended up running in the heat. luckily we did have a slight breeze so all ended well.

I think you did use the overdue library book on this puzzle.:confused:

mrspunkysmom
05-22-2011, 06:46 PM
mrspunkysmom

I think you did use the overdue library book on this puzzle.:confused:

Nope, I own a copy. I googled the author and text to make sure it didn't show up.

Someone Else needs to make a guess so that you can guess again.

Where are all our players?

wombat2u2004
05-22-2011, 06:47 PM
L please

mrspunkysmom
05-22-2011, 08:36 PM
L−−a I−−−−−ita. The −−−−−−− −−−−. A sile−t se−ti−el. −−− all −− −a−‘s hist−−− it ha− h−−− −−e−hea−, −e−−te, −−−ea−ha−le, −−−−−−a−le.
. . . . . . .
L−−a is −−−e a−ai− is−late−. T−− −e−a−es ha−e −asse− −ith−−t −−−t−alls −− its −−st− s−−−a−e. −− −heele− −−−e−s −at−−l the l−−a− hi−hla−−s. Sile−t −a−−a−ts −−a−− −ast te−−it−−ies −e−e− −et −isite− −− −a−. −−see− −istas a−ait the −et−−− −− e−−l−−e−s −−−− Ea−th.

A−− the− −ill −et−−−.

−−−e−−−− t− −−−− Sh−t
−eil A−−st−−−−
−e−−−a−− 1994

Letters to guess:

BCD FGH JK MNOPQR UVWXYZ

Wombat = 42 E 25 S 33 T 21 L = 163 Oops forgot an E
Kokopup = 34 A 16 H = 84

mrspunkysmom
05-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Gentlemen and ladies,

Part of this quote is searchable, but part is not, which is why I chose it. :cool: :D So guess away and fill in the missing pieces. ;)

Unless of course, you own the book. :D

wombat2u2004
05-22-2011, 09:16 PM
W please

wombat2u2004
05-22-2011, 09:36 PM
PM sent

kokopup
05-23-2011, 12:47 AM
O please

wombat2u2004
05-23-2011, 10:19 AM
O please

Ya too late mate.....hee hee.

Pinot's Mom
05-23-2011, 05:36 PM
I'll rejoin on the next puzzle - sorry, I was in Turkey and Greece! :)

mrspunkysmom
05-23-2011, 07:35 PM
O please

Sorry about that. I was miffed that Wom figured it out despite that only the second paragraph was partially searchable.

This was actually an Introduction. I did all I could to disguise this.
Take it away Wom

We still need more players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love::love::love:

Luna Incognita. The unknown moon. A silent sentinel. For all of man’s history it had hung overhead, remote, unreachable, unknowable.

Luna is once again isolated. Two decades have passed without footfalls on its dusty surface. No wheeled Rovers patrol the lunar highlands. Silent ramparts guard vast territories never yet visited by man. Unseen vistas await the return of explorers from Earth.

And they will return.

Foreword to Moon Shot
Neil Armstrong
February 1994