PDA

View Full Version : World ending

Marigold2
05-21-2011, 12:33 PM
The fire and rapure....................
Has it started??? Wombat you are on the other side of the world, you ok?

Germany, Denmark, Russia, Finland, England how we doing folks?

Here in the central US. Hubby is mowing. I will be outside doing yard work and then having cocktails with a friend.

Have not given up my pets, my home or my job.
Did want to go on a major shopping shree but hubby said no.

He can be such a kill joy. LOL

Have a good weekend hopefully we will all meet here Monday night for a post rapture party.

I will bring the watermelon fruit basket. Oh heck this calls for chocolate dipped strawberries as well.

sparks19
05-21-2011, 12:47 PM
I don't know... we had some pretty strange goings on lately.

After a whole week of torrential downpouring we had THREE rainbows in the sky at the same time last night... talk about beautiful and a little creepy with how dark the clouds behind them were

now today there is this strange ball of fire in the sky. I don't know what to do. should I bang pots and hope that scares it away?

HELP ME

Catty1
05-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Will try postponing doing my laundry for a little while longer.... :D

BitsyNaceyDog
05-21-2011, 12:57 PM
We canceled my baby's first birthday party since everyone has rapture plans. Oh wait, that's not right. Let me think... oh yeah, we canceled it because he fighting one hell of a virus.

davidpizzica
05-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Well, I'm still here! Nothing happened here at Concordia (that I know of!) and it's still bright and sunny outside. So much for another doomsday prediction!

K9karen
05-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Whew! I didn't miss my hairdresser's appointment.

happylabs
05-21-2011, 07:40 PM
The sun came out here in Pennsylvania for the first day in about a month and it hasn't rained (Yet) today. Something is definitely going on. :p:D

RICHARD
05-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Just had a pretty good thunder storm pass thru....still here!

wombat2u2004
05-21-2011, 09:10 PM
The fire and rapure....................
Has it started??? Wombat you are on the other side of the world, you ok?

Yep, everything is ok here.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/alien_ma2.jpg

Alysser
05-21-2011, 09:25 PM
At work about ten minutes before it was supposed to start, it started getting really dark and gloomy and it poured. Then it stopped at literally 6:03ish. It was a bit weird. :p

Sparks, we had 3 rainbows in the sky and a week of downpours to!

phesina
05-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Yesterday a friend sent me an e-mail with subject "be prepared." It included this link to a site entitled "After the Rapture Pet Care."

Subscribe to their service and be reassured that after you are Raptured away, your beloved pets will be cared for by non-believing animal lovers left behind!

Details: http://www.aftertherapturepetcare.com/

I wrote my friend back saying "Whew! What a relief! ... But I thought after the Rapture all the non-believers were going to be blasted immediately to eternal hellfire and damnation."

She replied with this:
--------->
Here is what my brother told me their cat said:

" Huali told us tomorrow at 6pm she is sprouting giant bat-wings and taking over ExxonMobil, and running the non-christian world for the Beelzebub Empire!
------------

I just replied to her saying "Well, I haven't heard of anyone being Raptured away yet. Did your brother's cat do her thing?"

I'll let you know if she did or not.

pomtzu
05-22-2011, 06:44 AM
Yup - we're still here too. Yesterday the weather was beautiful - first time in over a week that it didn't rain. Since I didn't figure on still being here today tho, I fixed my big Sunday dinner last night, and even baked a batch of brownies yesterday morning. Now I have a problem tho - what to fix for dinner today??? :confused::p

kitten645
05-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Still here. Though honestly, regardless I still expected to be here. Rapture or not :p I think someone has some "splainin" to do:D

gini
05-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Well, I have a question for you...............NOW can I buy some green bananas?

wolf_Q
05-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Yesterday was a gorgeous day here - went to Strut Your Mutt, then a car show, then up the canyon, and it was sunny all day until we got home and its been rainy all week. I figured if the world was going to end yesterday it should be a good day, luckily I already had the day off because of Strut Your Mutt.

Pinot's Mom
05-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Still here - drank wine at the winery yesterday afternoon just in case - didn't want to face the rapture without wine! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Still here in Kansas too!!! Wom, I loved your "when Mars Attacks" picture. The leader reminds me of my old boss for some odd reason. She looks just like that. Really!!! :D

Well, now we just will have to make do until Dec 21st, 2012. sigh :love:

pomtzu
05-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Well, now we just will have to make do until Dec 21st, 2012. sigh :love:

I was wondering if I should do any Christmas shopping next year. :p

chocolatepuppy
05-22-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm celebrating Christmas a week early in 2012, just in case.;)

Alysser
05-22-2011, 09:08 PM
I planned on just writing IOU's for Christmas next year so I don't waste the money. :D

wombat2u2004
05-22-2011, 09:48 PM
I cast the chicken giblets, and it tells me we're ok for at least another two years. :p

CountryWolf07
05-22-2011, 10:41 PM
Well, I spent it in Santa Monica and Malibu. I survived.

sparks19
05-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Yikes... Looks like we may have spoken too soon after the tornadoes in Minnesota and Missouri yesterday :eek:

I hate tornadoes. terrified of them :(

smokey the elder
05-23-2011, 10:20 AM
I think it's because the human race is so pathetic no one made the cut.:p;)

pomtzu
05-23-2011, 10:28 AM
I planned on just writing IOU's for Christmas next year so I don't waste the money. :D

I could have a ball maxing out my credit cards, since I won't be here to have to pay anything back.........:p:D

dab_20
05-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Yikes... Looks like we may have spoken too soon after the tornadoes in Minnesota and Missouri yesterday :eek:

I know, scary! My dad works in northern Minneapolis, and he was at work! He is fine. Thank goodness.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-23-2011, 04:41 PM

There sure seem to be a lot more tornadoes these days. :eek:

I've been to Joplin lots of times. Range Line is a major street for that city. :( :love:

cassiesmom
05-23-2011, 09:21 PM
We had a chuckle about it in church yesterday morning (look, we're all still here!). I had a pretty typical Sunday yesterday, except for the first bug bites of 2011 from working out in the yard.