PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Internet and browsers

mrspunkysmom
05-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Lately I've been having problems with my browser, Firefox. About half the time, when I click on a link, searched or imbedded in another page, instead of going to the site, I get another page, most likely sponsored site. I simply back page and try again, this time going to the correct page.

Anyone else have this problem? My protective bots detect no malicious bots or other crap in my system

wombat2u2004
05-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Sounds like Malware.
Try deleting your cookies.

mrspunkysmom
05-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Actually this happened at the library too, where I was tutoring. I think that instead of pop-ups, search pages are redirecting you to an ad page.

Freedom
05-22-2011, 09:00 PM
I use Firefox, not having any trouble. :confused:

Catty1
05-22-2011, 09:34 PM
www.malwarebytes.org

download the free version and run the Quick Scan. If you can do this in Safe Mode with Networking (tap F8 on startup til the list with that name appears), even better.

I am having no trouble with Firefox either. The new version rocks!

wombat2u2004
05-22-2011, 09:42 PM
www.malwarebytes.org

download the free version and run the Quick Scan. If you can do this in Safe Mode with Networking (tap F8 on startup til the list with that name appears), even better.

I am having no trouble with Firefox either. The new version rocks!

I use this. I run it every week, and I am malware free.
I had the same problem as Anne, those redirected links are only after site hits.
As soon as malwarebytes was installed, I've had no problems.

smokey the elder
05-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Malwarebytes is very good. We use it at work as a backup when stuff makes it through the standard antivirus/firewall.