PDA

View Full Version : Major Vent: Almost walked off the job today.

mrspunkysmom
05-20-2011, 06:16 PM
I can't stand people. I almost walked off the job today. Idiot adults. Almost. I caught my tongue in time. I may take off the next two weeks and get the doctor to send a letter about stress.

I'm 0.00001% away from disowning and disavowing everyone I know.

My supposed best friend who lives on the other side of the country thinks I should grin and bear it with my boss. I let her know what I thought too.

I sent $200 to my niece for a high school graduation present. My a$$hole brother couldn't be bothered to tell me they received the package. He said it wasn't his responsibility. Forget about the "thank you, that was nice of you" response that should have been the minimum.

And I'm not sure where to place the other brother. He was visiting and attending the graduation. He starts acting like a jerk when he's with them. He wants us all to be a family again. I used to want that.

I hope they fire me. Because then I can sue their a$$ off and I have enough against them to win.

What I really need is a million dollars or so. I want to be able to walk into my bosses office and say", May a thousand blue-birds of happiness fly up your a$$." This is after I resign of course.

It was my father's standard retort to idiots.

Freedom
05-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Whoa! Slow down! Someone needs to chillax!

THEN release the 1000 bluebirds, he hee.

mrspunkysmom
05-20-2011, 08:24 PM
LOL. Thanx.

I needed to vent and post and have since wondered if I should have. I have a Major Mad going on, and it is justified.

mrspunkysmom
05-20-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm working my way through this. Two weeks until Annemegeddon. Don't worry, the only thing being attacked physically is my house. It needs a cleaning and painting.

Now lawyers are good for the bosses ad family members.

wombat2u2004
05-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Wow mate, sounds like you are really in a whammy mood....hee hee.
Same with me....your family sound very similar to mine. We don't have Bluebirds here, so I just tell them to stick their heads up their butts.
Believe me, it would be a real improvement. ;)

mrspunkysmom
05-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Wow mate, sounds like you are really in a whammy mood....hee hee.
Same with me....your family sound very similar to mine. We don't have Bluebirds here, so I just tell them to stick their heads up their butts.
Believe me, it would be a real improvement. ;)

The problem is that some people already have their head up their butt. Which is why they act like a butt.

I'm starting to laugh now, but I do need to keep that whammy mood going. If I don't, I'll get depressed and lethargic and weepy. And so on. Not good.

wombat2u2004
05-21-2011, 06:35 AM
The problem is that some people already have their head up their butt. Which is why they act like a butt.

I'm starting to laugh now, but I do need to keep that whammy mood going. If I don't, I'll get depressed and lethargic and weepy. And so on. Not good.

Here's the first Bluebird of Happiness for you to use.
Remember, it is easy to insert into your enemies, but for them to get them out is harder, they have to be like mathematicians and work it out with a pencil ;)

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/ATT1-2.gif

mrspunkysmom
05-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Remember, it is easy to insert into your enemies, but for them to get them out is harder, they have to be like mathematicians and work it out with a pencil ;)

Extreme LOL. Woo-Hoo. If I keep that image in my mind, I might be able to laugh at them all day. Thanks, Wom.

pomtzu
05-21-2011, 08:44 AM

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/ATT1-2.gif

That Bluebird of Happiness looks pretty darn grumpy to me! Maybe he was already worked out with a pencil on a previous occasion????? :eek::p

wombat2u2004
05-21-2011, 08:47 AM
That Bluebird of Happiness looks pretty darn grumpy to me! Maybe he was already worked out with a pencil on a previous occasion????? :eek::p

Depends how clever the mathematician was. He could have been worked out with logs :p

mrspunkysmom
05-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Ouch.

slick
05-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Uh, can you please send 10 of those bluebirds to me for my boss from hell??? One of them to stick up her a$$ isn't enough.
Many thanks and signed,
Almost ready to quit myself.

wombat2u2004
05-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Uh, can you please send 10 of those bluebirds to me for my boss from hell??? One of them to stick up her a$$ isn't enough.
Many thanks and signed,
Almost ready to quit myself.

Here's 6 for you Slick.
That should be enuf.....they are fat little fellas. ;)

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/ATT1-2-1.gifhttp://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/ATT1-2-1.gifhttp://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/ATT1-2-1.gif
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/ATT1-2-1.gifhttp://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/ATT1-2-1.gifhttp://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/ATT1-2-1.gif

Marigold2
05-26-2011, 10:14 AM
I am so sorry for your work distress. All our lives we are at the mercy of some co-worker or perhaps neighbor or relative who is a numbnut. Some times we can get them out of our lives and sometimes we can't.
The trick is to know this will not be the first or the last.
Your next job might have an even bigger nut case. Your new sister-in-law might be one of those people on the Walmart pictures we send to each other and laugh about.
Your new neighbor might walk around naked in his back yard and be 300 lbs, while singing loudly every morning.
People suck.
So yes grin and make do. Try and zone them out for you can never truly escape them all.
I know this sounds hard. But with friends like Wom sending you the blue bird of happiness you are sure to have some laughs.
Wishing you the best of luck.

lvpets2002
05-26-2011, 11:59 AM
:p Well I would say those six should get the job done.. And from the looks in their eyes is that they are gooddd at getting to people's buttss..

Anne Sorry about your frustration & anger.. I promise the sun will shine tomorrow.. :)

Here's 6 for you Slick.
That should be enuf.....they are fat little fellas. ;)

Pinot's Mom
05-26-2011, 02:00 PM
:p Well I would say those six should get the job done.. And from the looks in their eyes is that they are gooddd at getting to people's buttss..

Anne Sorry about your frustration & anger.. I promise the sun will shine tomorrow.. :)

"...The sun'll come out...tomorrow...bet your bottom dollar- come what may!":D:cool: Sing it Annie!!

mrspunkysmom
05-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the laughs guys. What I haven't said is that these people (my employers) actively harass me to get me to leave. I'm told I have no interpersonal skills on a regular basis, that I'm insubordinate, yelled at and berated by fellow staff in front of the students, accused of actions and denied (even after request) the opportunity to prove my innocence. This is for starters.

There's more. I'm working with the NEA and am contacting Lawyers. I'll let you know how it goes.

mrspunkysmom
05-26-2011, 05:46 PM
"...The sun'll come out...tomorrow...bet your bottom dollar- come what may!":D:cool: Sing it Annie!!

I actually like that song.

Lady's Human
05-26-2011, 05:47 PM
I'd offer you a drink over at Thursdays, but this would probably be a BAAD week for that.

mrspunkysmom
05-26-2011, 05:59 PM
thanks, alcohol is not a problem for me except it is a diuretic. I do need to remain hydrated after eating Japanese, so for that reason, I'll lay off the booze. I have been pigging out on good food. need to quit or I'll ahve to buy larger sizes

lvpets2002
05-27-2011, 10:12 AM
:) Always remember this Anne is What Comes Around Will Always Go Back Around.. Those people have their times coming for sure.. Just sit back & watch & wait..

mrspunkysmom
05-27-2011, 06:27 PM
I slept 11 hours last night. I plan to hit the hay early tonight also.

One good turn deserves another. There will be payback.

wombat2u2004
05-28-2011, 03:01 AM
I slept 11 hours last night. I plan to hit the hay early tonight also.

One good turn deserves another. There will be payback.

Hee hee....revenge is sweet ;)

mrspunkysmom
06-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Hee hee....revenge is sweet ;)

An old Klingon Proverb:

"Revenge is a dish best served cold."

wombat2u2004
06-03-2011, 08:16 AM
An old Klingon Proverb:

"Revenge is a dish best served cold."

Yuppers, they really know their stuff, those Klingons.
I wonder if they have ever heard of the Bluebird of Happiness torture. :D:D

kokopup
06-03-2011, 05:33 PM
While it sounds worst for a blue bird to fly up you ar$ I think the original Blue bird song may be even more painful.

One fine day as I was walking down the street
I spied a beggar man with rags upon his feet
Took a penny from my pocket in his tin cup I did drop it
And I heard him say as I made my retreat
May the bird of paradise fly up your nose may an elephant caress you with it's toes
May your wife be plagued with runners in her hose
May the bird of paradise fly up your nose [ guitar ]
My laundry man is really on his toes found a hundred dollar bill among my clothes
When he called me I came running gave him back his dime for phoning
And I heard him saying as I turned to go
May the bird of paradisee...

mrspunkysmom
09-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Great Song Kokopup.

I hope my boss rots in hell. I thought it was an excellent lesson. He poked holes throughout the critique. And some of his remarks were unprofessional.

I'll probably be unemployed at the end of the year, with my career in ruins. I guarantee this: If I lose my job, so does he and his boss.

Catty1
09-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Too bad you didn't have a portable tape recorder with you....prayers going out!

mrspunkysmom
09-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Thank You. The big mistake they made this year? They made me mad. The fog and the angst cleared and I am in fighting mode.

wombat2u2004
09-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Thank You. The big mistake they made this year? They made me mad. The fog and the angst cleared and I am in fighting mode.

You know....wherever one works, there's always an idiot around.
Happens everywhere, and they are usually in a position of control.

Bonny
09-22-2011, 11:30 AM
There are games you can play with these idiots & drive them up a wall. :D I have done it over the years & instead of turning it into anger I turned it into a humor for myself & others type of game. ;)

wombat2u2004
09-22-2011, 07:05 PM
There are games you can play with these idiots & drive them up a wall. :D I have done it over the years & instead of turning it into anger I turned it into a humor for myself & others type of game. ;)

I agree.
I used to have a real bad boss once, and one day we played cricket, and after that everything was good.
He never came to for a week, and the ball did leave a sizeable dent in his face. :D

mrspunkysmom
09-23-2011, 06:28 PM
I agree.
I used to have a real bad boss once, and one day we played cricket, and after that everything was good.
He never came to for a week, and the ball did leave a sizeable dent in his face. :D

Really? I'd probably get charged with attempted murder.

wombat2u2004
09-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Really? I'd probably get charged with attempted murder.

Well that's the way it is. Ya play sport, ya catch the ball or you get out of it's way....hee hee

Charlie08
09-24-2011, 04:38 AM
hug your cats then go see the movie horrible bosses LOL

mrspunkysmom
09-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Well that's the way it is. Ya play sport, ya catch the ball or you get out of it's way....hee hee

Well, I was able to exact a little revenge in a different sort of way. It was unintended and as usual for me, revenge rebounds like a boomerang. But I did play some "hard ball" with I think surprised him.

I'm trying the "kill them with kindness" with the bosses and a few others. :D

In the meantime I am going through with my plans to file one helluva grievance procedure. :D I had enough against them to do it Christmas two years ago. I didn't want to get a reputation as a complaining teacher. Now I have nothing to lose. Do not fear or worry: I have a plan and it is legal, moral, and ethical. But I'm not taking the crap anymore.

What I don't get is this: These two guys really don't know me that well. What they have done and said and the lies they have fabricated against me would have driven another person over the edge long ago. I was actually a nervous wreck last June. Fortunately for me and also for others I'm not a suicidal or violent personality. But they don't really know that. Or didn't when they started this crusade of theirs. Do they not care about possible consequences? This crap is sometimes what causes people to flip.

I don't get how they could do this and look themselves in the mirror?

mrspunkysmom
09-24-2011, 06:18 PM
hug your cats then go see the movie horrible bosses LOL

Good Idea Charlie! I just might. :D

wombat2u2004
09-24-2011, 11:40 PM
Well, I was able to exact a little revenge in a different sort of way. It was unintended and as usual for me, revenge rebounds like a boomerang. But I did play some "hard ball" with I think surprised him.

I'm trying the "kill them with kindness" with the bosses and a few others. :D

In the meantime I am going through with my plans to file one helluva grievance procedure. :D I had enough against them to do it Christmas two years ago. I didn't want to get a reputation as a complaining teacher. Now I have nothing to lose. Do not fear or worry: I have a plan and it is legal, moral, and ethical. But I'm not taking the crap anymore.

What I don't get is this: These two guys really don't know me that well. What they have done and said and the lies they have fabricated against me would have driven another person over the edge long ago. I was actually a nervous wreck last June. Fortunately for me and also for others I'm not a suicidal or violent personality. But they don't really know that. Or didn't when they started this crusade of theirs. Do they not care about possible consequences? This crap is sometimes what causes people to flip.

I don't get how they could do this and look themselves in the mirror?

It's always the same Anne, like I said before, no matter where one works, there is always an idiot or two to spoil the day. Even being self employed I regularly came across people who I had to deal with who were just plain idiots. I guess being self employed gave me the advantage to extend my middle finger and tell them to get lost, but unfortunately, when ya get rid of one, there's always another that comes along.
It's a shame tho, that the people you are dealing with are in your workplace. Where you must be to earn a living and carry on with your career...it takes the fun out of the day...eh ???
I don't know what it is with these creatures, whether they just like to exert their will on people just for the power buzz, or whether they just do it for fun to feed their malicious streak.
I know there are pressures in the work place, stress, having to work with others all day etc etc.....but intelligent people make things work, and at least try and get along.
Perhaps you could buy those two guys lunch one day, just as a nice guesture.
A small packet of hay doesn't cost much, and goats really do enjoy that. ;)

mrspunkysmom
09-25-2011, 12:50 PM
I have tried to follow their rules and do things their way. I have tried to be nice and congenial. The problem is immaturity on their part. I am about 5 years short of retirement. That means I make a nice sum of money. Our country is having money problems, so school districts make cuts where they can. I was transferred from one school to another when the enrollment dropped at that school. Schools also have a budget to meet and expensive/experienced teachers are let go or "encouraged" to leave on a regular basis.

So the guys tried to refuse to take me, but the District Office assigned me there anyway. Originally I thought it would be a good place to work, but I told the director that I didn't want to go where I wasn't wanted. Didn't work.

I was so well behaved the first several weeks, that they had to resort to manufacturing, exaggerating, or misrepresenting events to get me in trouble. The Facebook issue was manufactured. I just can't prove it.

And there is a tattletale/liar on staff. I know who it is, but sadly I must interact with this person.

I was also not allowed to present evidence to the contrary and was ignored when I did present. It was like I wasn't even talking.

Basically, the guys want the difference between my salary and a new teachers salary and do not mind ruining me or my career to get it.

And now I'm so nervous/depressed that I'm practically handing them stuff. And of the first four and only events of this year so far, three were manufactured, exaggerated, or misrepresented.

I don't think lunch on me will do it. :(

phesina
09-25-2011, 03:46 PM
What a horrible tale, Anne. What an awful situation to have to work in the middle of. I know what that is like all right.

I don't have any suggestions that might help. All I can say is, my cats and I are sending you our best wishes and purrs. When people there make you feel really bad, remember all your Pet Talk friends sending you our caring and encouraging thoughts and energies.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

wombat2u2004
09-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Hmmm. Sounds like they are a couple of bums.
And there's nowhere else you can take your grievances ???
What about a lawyer ?? Surely there's something you can get them on for workplace discrimination.
If these idiots have posted stuff that isn't true about you on Facebook of all places, then isn't that libel ??

jennielynn1970
09-25-2011, 07:10 PM
I hope you have a good union rep. Get a medical release and take the year off. Or just 1/2 a semester. That's what I did. I just couldn't handle the shit any longer. I was going to have a break down and I was not going to let them see that. NO WAY. Medical Sabbatical. Take one. For your own good.

Catty1
09-25-2011, 08:00 PM
A lawyer or union rep should be able to find out the stuff re: Facebook.

Sounds like you're in fighting mode and you will do what it takes! :D

If all else fails, there is always what a friend of mine called "The Dogs Of War" - the media!

mrspunkysmom
09-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Hmmm. Sounds like they are a couple of bums.
And there's nowhere else you can take your grievances ???
What about a lawyer ?? Surely there's something you can get them on for workplace discrimination.
If these idiots have posted stuff that isn't true about you on Facebook of all places, then isn't that libel ??

No, not that type of facebook problem. That would be easy.

A student created and imposter facebook profile for me last year, then invited another student to "friend" me. The very next day I was in trouble.

Oh I yelled.

I don't have enough sick days to take a sabbatical and still get paid.

To solve the facebook problem, I have to pay a lawyer to investigate. The union rep will not investigate unless you are fired or suspended without pay.

I can file a grievance procedure which is next on my list. The union rep will help me do that.

They have however submitted disciplinary reports against me that contain falsehoods. I had hoped that if I hung in there, they would quit, but I was wrong.

I'll keep y'all posted.

In the meantime, he submitted me for formal review which means my workload tripled. I complained about it and he added more to my workload. The complaint was supposed to be between and the supervising evaluator who is supposed to be sworn to secrecy.

And he is nitpicking on observations.

I work for idiots and ba$tard$.

mrspunkysmom
09-25-2011, 09:17 PM
What a horrible tale, Anne. What an awful situation to have to work in the middle of. I know what that is like all right.

I don't have any suggestions that might help. All I can say is, my cats and I are sending you our best wishes and purrs. When people there make you feel really bad, remember all your Pet Talk friends sending you our caring and encouraging thoughts and energies.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Thank you so much.

I need to get a picture or two and throw darts at home. I have magnetic ones so the kitties won't get skewered.

Catty1
09-25-2011, 10:25 PM
I hope your union rep gets you off to a good start, and that things can move forward from there. Does the union have a lawyer that could help also?

Good luck! I hope those eejits get what's coming to them!

wombat2u2004
09-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Go for it Anne. As soon as you see an opening, go straight for the throat. ;)