PDA

View Full Version : Something New

jackiesdaisy1935
11-04-2002, 09:25 AM
I worry all the time about leaving our dogs in the house and in case of fire, would the firemen know they are in there, well I came across this site and they have wonderful decals, in different dog breeds etc. and you can also put your pups picture on them, very reasonable 3.75 each and 1.00 for shipping now matter how many you buy.

http://www.animalosity.com
we got the Schnauzer decals and that one is
http://www.animalosity.com/pages/dogdecalpages/schnauzer.html

I hope this is the way to put the address in.
Jackie

Sudilar
11-04-2002, 09:47 AM
Really a great idea. Those decals are cute and useful. I have a decal on my door also, but it isn't as nice. I wonder if the firemen would be afraid to save them, though, because they are GSDs.

Phred, are firemen leary of saving certain breeds??? I sure hope not. My two would be grateful for being saved and show no aggression. How scary!

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-04-2002, 12:20 PM
We have a decal that I made myself on my PC. I have it on both front and back doors.

Cinder & Smoke
11-04-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Sudilar

Phred, are firemen leary of saving certain breeds??? I sure hope not.
My two would be grateful for being saved and show no aggression.

This is a difficult issue - there are so many factors to consider ~

First - the Stickers or signs themselves...
Many are plastic or cardboard - sometimes held on a window with a suction cup ~ These materials and attachments do not hold up well under fire & heat conditions. They can be destroyed or blocked from view (smoke between the sign and the window) before the FireFighters arrive. Even the original "Tot Finders" with their metallic content and glued to the window can be of no value if the window fails.

Next - we fire guys never know if the child or pet is IN the room where the sticker is placed. Or worse - is the child / pet no longer even a resident of the home?? Or is the whole family, Fido included, visiting at GranMaw's house for the night? Sadly, the sign does not guarantee that there is a creature inside that NEEDS to be saved - possibly at the peril of a FireFighter and his Partner...

BEST way to insure the kid's and pet's safety ~
don't leave em alone!
Next best - a fire-SAFE home.
Next ~ an ALARM that notifies the FD if there's a problem...
Fast arrival betters our chances of removing everyone - pets included - before there are serious injuries or worse...

Happie Tail ~
I forced the door of a well-involved house fire and started crawling in - 5 feet inside were two dinner-plate sized eyeballs :eek: attached to Fido - who froze in place seeing me in my FireFighter "costume". I sensed his fear and backed up to the doorway, then hollered "come-ON" through my mask. He got a glimpse of the fresh air at the door - and Ka-ZOOoommm - out he flew! :D

Are we breed-specific? I'm not! ;)
But then - I've carried out a jar of GoldPhish...

Do we - WILL we - try to rescue your pets?
You Bet we will! :D

/s/ Phred

tatsxxx11
11-04-2002, 06:22 PM
Thanks Jackie, thanks Phred...great info. from you both! Loved the decals Jackie! Mine needed replacing!

Sudilar
11-04-2002, 11:10 PM
Thanks, Phred, that's comforting to know!!!

jackiesdaisy1935
11-05-2002, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the information Phred, I'm thinking in our situation with what happened to our dogs we can't leave them outside like we used to, I think that hookup to the firehouse would be expensive, so our only alternative is to leave them in the house. We used to put them in their crate, now we leave them loose in the small back pantry by the backdoor door, thinking at least the firemen could hear them there and maybe see them too. We usually always try to take them with us when possible, but sometimes we can't. At times we get dog sitters for them too.
I guess that's a little overdoing it, but my worry alarm works over time. LOL
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

RockyRoad
11-05-2002, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the site! I might get a decal for Lady but since someone is almost always home I really wouldn't worry. I get more scared for Sally and Lady than for Floppsy if there ever was a fire. Simply because Floppsy lives outside and the fird would be less likely to get out there fast enough. Sally would be the hardest because she is so small. But Lady is a big dog so we could just guide her out of the house. Thanks for the info though, the thought of a fire while we were gone never really crossed my mind.