PDA

View Full Version : Pupcorn?

K9karen
05-17-2011, 10:48 PM
For the life of me, I can't remember where I read about a low calorie dog treat called Pupcorn. I saw a huge jar of it at Petsmart the other day, and stood there, in a trance (:rolleyes:) trying to psych myself into remembering who told me or what I read.

Anyway, I thought it'd be a good alternate to Logan's low calorie dog biscuits, especially if she howls and talks for 'more, more, more'

I bought the cheese ones. They look like missshapen Cheetos. Does anyone else use them. Was it on PT that I read about it?

stace1319
05-17-2011, 11:31 PM
I've tried it before and Harley hated it. He wouldn't even touch the stuff, which is odd because he will eat anything.... entire jar wasted, lol. Later I found out that he won't eat popcorn either. I guess he just doesn't like the consistancy.:confused:

by the way, I was looking at your siggy and the funny thing is, if my daughter had been a boy, I was going to name her logan cody.

HoochsMommiee
05-17-2011, 11:38 PM
I have not seen it in a long time but omg my babies love it.. i am gonna have to be on the hunt for more

pomtzu
05-18-2011, 05:46 AM
I had bought it a couple of years ago for my two. They liked it at first, but when I bought a 2nd jar, they decided they didn't like it anymore. It took forever for them to finish off the 2nd jar, and I haven't bought any since. It really doesn't look very appetizing - or taste it either. I took a little nibble just to see how they tasted - it was like biting into a piece of styrofoam!!! :p

Freedom
05-18-2011, 07:50 AM
Mine won't touch it.

But then, they eat grain free all the time, and won't touch dog food w/ any sort of grains in it.

dab_20
05-18-2011, 12:06 PM
I would like to try that, my dogs LOVE popcorn. I'm guilty of giving them a few pieces when I eat popcorn myself. :p

pomtzu
05-18-2011, 12:50 PM
I would like to try that, my dogs LOVE popcorn. I'm guilty of giving them a few pieces when I eat popcorn myself. :p

It's seriously NOTHING like real popcorn, but you never know, they might like it.

Asiel
05-18-2011, 02:50 PM
It's seriously NOTHING like real popcorn, but you never know, they might like it.

More like stale popcorn that has been left on the cupoard for a week I think. My dogs didn't ike them either.

chocolatepuppy
05-18-2011, 05:37 PM
My pups love pupcorn. They get one every night after their last run outside. I love hearing them crunch them!:D I buy the cheese ones.;)

K9karen
05-18-2011, 10:41 PM
by the way, I was looking at your siggy and the funny thing is, if my daughter had been a boy, I was going to name her logan cody.

WHAT GOOD TASTE YOU HAVE!!!!
(Logan is a female named after a PTer named Logan who I adore)

Ick. The pupcorn is getting stuck in Logan's back teeth. She has a narrow arch so I have to clean her teeth. Yup, it looks like styrofoam but I haven't had the guts to taste it. Surprisingly, she loves it. And she's pretty fussy. Apparently, not fussy enough!!:p:rolleyes::D:D:D

IRescue452
05-19-2011, 02:03 PM
They're just like a regular cheese puff and they taste like it too. I haven't seen them in forever nor would I bother paying out the extra money when I could buy a bag of cheese puffs for less.