PDA

View Full Version : Is my cat injured and/or in pain?

ed2
05-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Hi, here's what happened:

My toaster oven was on, which is like a mini oven. When it's on for atleast a minute I CAN'T touch the back surface without burning my finger. My cat entered the space between the wall and oven. It was on for more than a minute when the cat entered that space and lied down, her whole side in contact with the back surface. No room was left between her body, oven and the wall.
After a few seconds the heat (or pain?) came to her... she made to escape. Her escape was delayed by some things and so she was STUCK there for aproximately 10 to 15 seconds.

She has medium length fur.

Other clues: Afterwards she allowed me to touch her side and press lightly on it, which I think she normally wouldn't do. She let me pick her up with less of a protest. She still chased her toy mouse around.

Also a few days after it happened she was brought to the shelter because I can't keep her, and so I can't see her now.

No one was told about it and this happened 7 months ago. Is she still injured and/or in pain?

Ill answer questions

Karen
05-16-2011, 05:45 PM
If she let you press her side afterwards with no protest, I'm guessing she was not injured or in pain, likely her fur insulated her from the hot surface. She may have singed a bit of fur but that's it.

Why were you not allowed to keep her?

ed2
05-16-2011, 05:56 PM
I decided to bring her to the shelter because I'm too busy to take care of an animal

pomtzu
05-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Strange post indeed. If this happened 7 months ago, why are you worried about it now, especially since you no longer have the cat??? :confused::rolleyes:

Grace
05-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Strange post indeed. If this happened 7 months ago, why are you worried about it now, especially since you no longer have the cat??? :confused::rolleyes:

I agree - very strange post.

maerlyn
05-22-2011, 11:58 AM
I think we've been "trolled" :mad:

pomtzu
05-22-2011, 12:11 PM
I think we've been "trolled" :mad:

I knew it when I first read it. :mad: I have a knack for spotting them a mile away!!! :p:D