PDA

View Full Version : Bridge Dog

lizbud
05-15-2011, 06:28 PM
No one seems to know where this dog came from or who he is waiting for.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/bridge-dog-waits-bridge-day-north-carolina-13573290

pomtzu
05-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Awww - poor pooch. That's so sad.

I'll bet someone just dumped him, and he's waiting for them to come back and get him. Such a shame that they can't trap and rescue him and find him a good home. :(

4 Dog Mother
05-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Ahh, poor dog. I wonder if someone did dump him. I guess we will never know but it sure is sad that he waits there every day.

lvpets2002
05-16-2011, 12:35 PM
:love: Awee LES here.. Poor baby.. Why dont a Vet or someone try to do a Tranquil Dart on the dog so then they can rescue the baby & take him in for Vet care?? I am sure this baby could be someones loved one again..

pomtzu
05-16-2011, 12:52 PM
:love: Awee LES here.. Poor baby.. Why dont a Vet or someone try to do a Tranquil Dart on the dog so then they can rescue the baby & take him in for Vet care?? I am sure this baby could be someones loved one again..

I was thinking the same thing about darting him.........
I'm sure that there are plenty of people that would want to give him a home.

IRescue452
05-16-2011, 01:19 PM
I hope they catch him so he doesn't get hit by a car.

Asiel
05-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Never thought of darting him. I think the SPCA would do that and they could bring him to a vet's for care. I agree that someone would be willing to open up their home to him. I hope someone is leaving food on the bridge for him, this is so sad, reminds me of a movie I watched not long ago - about a dog waiting for his dead master...and darn if I can remember the name now.

Twisterdog
05-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Here is a link to an article about a couple of other famous "dogs that waited".

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/canine-corner/201004/loyal-dogs-wait-north-american-version-greyfriars-bobby

I have to say ... the dog on the bridge doesn't really look to be in bad shape. He could use a good brushing, but a lot of dogs could. He doesn't appear to be dirty or injured, and he certainly isn't thin. Someone is feeding him well, at any rate.

IRescue452
05-18-2011, 02:06 PM
I have a dog barrier in my car so usually I'm able to try the trick of stopping my car, opening the door, and saying "wanna go for a ride". Sometimes that's all it takes to secure a dog and snap them out of their fear/timid state of mind and they jump right in.