PDA

View Full Version : Our newest arrival, Twister

Lilith Cherry
05-15-2011, 01:14 PM
we have a new foster dog, Twister who arrived yesterday. He is a six year old little Maltese whose previous home told the rescue he is aggressive towards their new baby..... as they already have two other kids aged seven and nine we find this hard to believe! As I have found he has a nasty infection in both ears which has been neglected, its possible he was trying to tell them his ears hurt and was being ignoored:mad: He is very gentle and friendly and let me put drops in his ears with no fuss and appears a lot more comfortable already. We will get his ears checked at the vet asap though.

He and Finney are already quite happy to be together and Napleon the cat has given him kisses and made him welcome too. (That is great because he never met a cat indoors before!) Ben is doing his usual "growlysulks" but is already starting to get used to the interloper:p I think by the end of the day they will all be used to one another with no problems.

Here are two pictures of Twister.

pomtzu
05-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Awww - what a cutie! Welcome Twister, from the Fuzzbuttz Gang. :love: If I lived closer, I might just be tempted to make you part of my crew of two!

Freedom
05-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Hello Twister!

Ouch, ear infections make me grumpy too. LOL Get on with the drops, so he continues feeling better!!!

krazyaboutkatz
05-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Welcome Twister.:) He sure is a cutie pie and I'm glad that things are going well. I hope that his ears clear up quickly.:)

Taz_Zoee
05-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Awww, he's adorable! I think its a good thing his previous owners gave him up. Poor baby having a horrible ear infection. Some people....:mad:
I know he will receive all the love he could ever dream of while he is with you. :D

4 Dog Mother
05-16-2011, 10:56 AM
What a cutie! I don't think I could foster - I would end up keeping them - and Twister looks to be one I would most definitely keep!

lvpets2002
05-16-2011, 12:54 PM
:love: Hello Twister.. Your too Sweet & Adorable looking to be aggressive.. I would say it was your ears hurting you.. Congrats on your new home..

cassiesmom
05-16-2011, 04:33 PM
As I have found he has a nasty infection in both ears which has been neglected, it's possible he was trying to tell them his ears hurt and was being ignored. He is very gentle and friendly and let me put drops in his ears with no fuss and appears a lot more comfortable already. We will get his ears checked at the vet asap though.

Awww, Twister! I've had an ear infection too and it hurt a LOT, and that was just in one ear! I'm glad you are more comfortable now and I hope the infection goes away very quickly. Welcome, sweety! :)

Lilith Cherry
05-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Twister is doing well and says thanks for all the good wishes. His ears are already much better and he is no longer shaking his head constantly. He and Ben are still stand-offish but no quarrelling so that is working out fine too - give it time and they will get more used to each other, though hopefully Twister will adopted soon and have his own family. He deserves that as he is a really nice tempered and loving little boy!

BarbIvey
05-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Bless you ! He is adorable !

Twisterdog
05-17-2011, 03:18 PM
I like the name! :D

Actually, my screen name comes from a foster dog, as well.

Lilith Cherry
05-18-2011, 02:06 PM
It isnt a name I would have given him but it is what he answers to so I wouldn't change it, lol! In English(UK) slang it means someone who cheats you:(

Asiel
05-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Aww---what a cutie. I'm sure he'll bring you many hours of happy moments.
Love the name twister - if he happens to be a little tornado it will fit him perfectly.

Killearn Kitties
05-18-2011, 03:34 PM
I feel your pain, Twister! In the first ever school photo I had taken, I had an ear infection working on me. You never saw such an expression in your life! :D

You are in a good place now sweetie, and I will keep my fingers crossed for a great home. :love:

Twisterdog
05-19-2011, 08:16 PM
In English(UK) slang it means someone who cheats you:(

Really? Wow, that is interesting! I wonder what all the PT folk from the UK have thought of me and my screen name all these years! :eek:

In the US, it's slang for a tornado. Therefore, a dog that moves very fast, or goes in circles, and is destructive!