PDA

View Full Version : Quote on our HS web page :-D

Catty1
05-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Researchers have discovered that dogs can comprehend a vocabulary of 2,000 words whereas cats can only comprehend 25 to 50. No one ever asks how many words researchers can comprehend.
- Unknown

catmandu
05-14-2011, 09:38 AM
My Found Cats certainly know more woords than that Candace.
Its just that they are smart enough not to let us know.
http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy286/pouncer2scrappy/101_12671.jpg
I can say Im Hungreeeee!!!
Jo Jo the Future Found Cat.:love::love:

mrspunkysmom
05-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Oh yeah. If I had to think about it, I would say the critters know at least 20 words easily.

Let's see or hear :D

Spunky
Jane
Little girl
Sam
food
play
no
bad
good

that's just for starters

pomtzu
05-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Well, if my dogs can comprehend 2000 words, they are hiding their knowledge very well! :(:p:D Maybe it's just that they both suffer from "selective hearing" - and Sparky is the master of it. ;)

Asiel
05-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Come on POM...are you admitting my dogs are smarter than yours? Mine ca even spell the words car, ride , walk, ice cream, suppertime,hungry, ball, bones, and they sure understand outside, wipe your feet, bath, groomer, (those to words mean to hide) I can't even remember how many they know.
When I spell car they go look on the bed to see what clothes I took out so they know if it's a walk, a doc's appt. a vet appt or just shopping...I'll go teach yours all that...:D:D:D

krazyaboutkatz
05-15-2011, 01:30 AM
My cats can be very smart when they want to be. They all know the word "treat" and Storm even knows it when I spell it.;) They also know chow chow, crunchies, their many nick names, and even the word "no" when they want to.:)

mrspunkysmom
05-15-2011, 07:41 AM
My mom's dog RB Molly understood her very well. Her favorite word was "squirrel".

Her least favorite word was "bath"; the ears would go down. But when mom said "in" she would get in the tub.

pomtzu
05-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Come on POM...are you admitting my dogs are smarter than yours? Mine ca even spell the words car, ride , walk, ice cream, suppertime,hungry, ball, bones, and they sure understand outside, wipe your feet, bath, groomer, (those to words mean to hide) I can't even remember how many they know.
When I spell car they go look on the bed to see what clothes I took out so they know if it's a walk, a doc's appt. a vet appt or just shopping...I'll go teach yours all that...:D:D:D

Oh they know plenty - it's just that they only respond to the "good" ones. Cookie, lunch, chicken, yum-yums, are you hungry ~~~ do you see a pattern here??? Of course it's not all food tho - wanna go ride, get the ball, time for nite-nite, etc, all get a positive response. Then there are the ignore responses: come, no barking, bath time, time for your medicine, etc. As I said - selective hearing in action........:eek:

catmandu
05-16-2011, 09:42 AM
http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy286/pouncer2scrappy/101_12781.jpg
And Whiskas Pouches!!!:love::love: