PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Head Syndrome :)

Pam
11-04-2002, 06:09 AM
Back in the days before it got dark early (about a week ago :) ) Bella was accustomed to having a game of fetch in the back yard with either my hubby or me after dinner. She would watch us eat and then come to my husband's leg, as he started finishing up his meal, and lay her head on his leg, just to remind him that she was "ready." :D Nowadays it's too dark after we eat dinner to go play but she still comes and lays her head on his leg. We have started to refer to it as Bella is doing the "heavy head" again meaning she is resting her head on someone's leg at the table. We have to laugh because her head is totally at rest and actually feels heavy. LOL! Does anyone else have a dog that does this? This is probably not behavior that some might encourage but Bella "has us tightly wrapped" and we have no shame to admit it! LOL!

Logan
11-04-2002, 07:23 AM
Oh, Pam!! We know the "heavy head syndrome" very well!! At least Lilly does!!! She doesn't do it for playing fetch, but when she thinks she has been ignored long enough, she comes for a good kiss and scratch (mostly the scratch, I think). What a great name for this!!!! :D

Sudilar
11-04-2002, 09:53 AM
Shiloh does this. She sits in the corner near the table quietly. When she thinks we should be almost done, she quietly gets under the table and lays her head on your leg. When you look down, you see these huge eyes looking up at you saying, how about me??? LOL The bad thing is that her head is quite big!! When the meal is almost over, Killian just stands next to the table and looks at your food because he is very tall and his head is over the table. Never a dull moment over here. :D

Andie
11-04-2002, 10:15 AM
Bull does this while we're eating. He just looks up at me with this "see how cute I am-ya have to give me some for being this cute" look. (and it works alot of times :rolleyes: )

ellensy
11-04-2002, 10:36 AM
Beethoven does this from the moment she was tall enough to reach our legs and lay her head on our lap w/ her huge eyes looking up at us and well,.... of course the food that we're eating is her target. Anyway, this is still so cute.....! :D Now, i have a name for it..!! :D

shais_mom
11-04-2002, 11:00 AM
Keegan does this when I am on the computer!

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-04-2002, 12:17 PM
Drake does that sometimes when Andrew and I are on the couch and there is no room for him to hop up! It's his way of telling us to make room for him :D

Twisterdog
11-04-2002, 04:14 PM
My dogs do this, the one that are tall enough anyway. And if I continue to ignore them, if I'm typing, for example, they will then siiiiiiiiiigh. :rolleyes:

aly
11-04-2002, 04:54 PM
Lolly does it to me while I'm at the computer. Reece does it a lot, but he has to stand on his hind legs to be tall enough to do it. They also rest their heads on me while we're in bed sleeping.

tatsxxx11
11-04-2002, 06:26 PM
Cody does a fine imitation of Shiloh!! Never a bark or whimper, just that "heavy head" on my leg and those BIG, blue eyes looking up at me in AGNONY!:D Hard to resist giving her just a crumb!:)

Crikit
11-04-2002, 07:30 PM
Smudge does that all the time, usually he just wants a scratch behind the ears but other times he does it to the bed so he can watch me eat something or he's waiting for me to move over a little bit so can get up.

Winter on the other does that and also heavy body, her whole body collapses on me at times, that can be a little freaky to see falling at your face.

anna_66
11-05-2002, 08:19 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/pee97eb1799eca059e849b39eca6ced65/fdd1b368.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p7b183868b7c433e343f34842a03ba176/fd7f0cdd.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/pf81c7e283d3fc9a50b99e908f9a5b94f/fdaf3342.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/p4de93fcef003d0cc635d718786217efb/fd1429ce.jpg
Nope, never;)

trisha0503
11-05-2002, 08:26 AM
OMG!!!!:D :D Anna, those pictures are so FUNNY!!!!:D :D They look so precious, I feel like kissing and biting that cold nose!!:D
Cute :D cute :D cute :D

jackiesdaisy1935
11-05-2002, 08:56 AM
We don't have the heavy head here, but we have the scratch and wait. Daisy will stand up against me or Don and take her paw and scratch us with a very disgusted look, like are we ready yet. Their habit is almost the same, after dinner we take them both out on the patio and throw the ball for them, and they don't care now that it's dark, its the same to them, time to play. LOL
Jackie

By the way it's so nice to see them get back to their ole self now, Daisy has started back licking Perry's ears, and she is back to knocking on the back door when she wants to come in, and Perry is back to wanting to play with Daisy and chasing her through the house and taking her toys away again. lol
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

anna_66
11-05-2002, 09:08 AM
Jackie, nice to hear the duo is getting back to their normal habits now:)

K9karen
11-05-2002, 01:20 PM
ROTFL!!!! MY GAWD! THOSE PIX ARE JUST ADORABALLY AWESOME!!! SMOOCH! SMOOCH! SCHMOCH! Cody is known for his heavy FOOT!! LOL! I can't resist those big, sad eyes UNDER the table or the DROOL (yuk) when he sits next to be watching every movement as I eat....I'm gonna have to start wearing an apron!!!

Rachel
11-05-2002, 06:15 PM
No heavy heads here, only piercing eyes and one loud mouth. At 4 pm when it is time for me to quit work the Hannah contingent appears at my desk. First she just stands there and glares at me. If I ignore her, then it's one loud bark. *Just wait, Hannah, I'm trying to finish something up.* BARK *Okay, okay, just a minute.* BARK.

Pam
11-05-2002, 10:15 PM
Anna I love the pictures! Angus is just precious. Each time I see him I forget how big he is and I just want to cuddle him on my lap! LOL!
And oh my gosh Roxey has "the look" down perfectly. That is the same look that Bella gets on her face while doing the "heavy head." It's so hard to resist! LOL!

Cookiebaker
11-06-2002, 12:34 AM
Anna, those are some of the cutest pics ever! Give 'em all a special cookie & hug from Malone & me. :D

anna_66
11-07-2002, 07:25 AM
I will Anna:D
Pam, I definately have some heavy headers here, and yes....they are sooooo hard to resist;)