PDA

View Full Version : Meet Grizzly! Has a new home come end of July!!!

jennielynn1970
05-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Ok, so I'm a sucker, lol. I'm going to be taking in a new kitty on Tuesday at 4pm. Her name is Grizzly, and my friend Dawn can't keep her any longer. Her landlord threatened to kick her out. So... Grizzly will be coming to stay with me and my kitties. She's 3 years old, and a long haired tortie. Sooooo pretty!!!

Wish us luck with introductions, lol. I hope she blends into the herd without any spats or blood shed, lol.

Here's a pic of her from my friend, Dawn.

I'll get more pics of her when she settles in here, and give more info on her as we get to know her. I'm excited!!

Bengalz
05-08-2011, 08:00 PM
She is adorable:D Reminds me of the "Kit" from the Joe Grey Mysteries - moon shaped golden eyes and fur going every which way:D Gorgeous:love:

Congratulations!

columbine
05-08-2011, 08:17 PM
She's unbearably beautiful! Welcome, Grizzly! :love:

Love, Columbine

3Catcondo
05-08-2011, 08:23 PM
She is precious!

Amy

chocolatepuppy
05-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Grizzly is a beauty!:love:

Freedom
05-08-2011, 09:05 PM
LOL, oh Jenn, I can't believe you, ha haaa!

She is pretty. In that photo, looks like she has the owl face - round face, large round eyes!

Blessings w/ intros. (**shakes head and laughs again**)

krazyaboutkatz
05-08-2011, 09:12 PM
She's gorgeous.:) I hope that she doesn't have too much tortitude and that introductions will go well. Good luck.:)

cassiesmom
05-08-2011, 09:15 PM
She is absolutely beautiful! Welcome, Grizzly!

jennielynn1970
05-08-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm not sure what testing she's had done, or vaccinations or anything really. I need to get all that done before I intro her to the other guys. I contacted my friend Kathi, from Itty Bitty Kitty, to see if she can get her tested and do some vaccinations, just in case Dawn has no records of anything. I'm wondering if she's spayed?? I don't know Dawn all that well, but I do know she lives on a shoe string of a budget. That may be part of the having to rehome her as well... so sad. I'm hoping she has some records, but I still want to make a vet visit for her ASAP when she gets here. Wish us luck!!!

phesina
05-09-2011, 12:02 AM
She's gorgeous! God bless you, Jenn.

Medusa
05-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Oh she's adorable, Jen! Good for the both of you! :D

catmandu
05-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Grizzly is such a Great Little Cat :cool: and we are so glad to meet you at the Found Cat Hotel:):)

jennielynn1970
05-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Wow... does this poor little girl have a lot coming up on her plate. She's never been to the vet, not even once. She's never been tested, never vaccinated, and never spayed. Guess what she's going to have done as soon as I can get a clinic appointment?! Unreal. I thought my friend might have done something, but nothing at all. I guess it just wasn't important to her?? :(

Grizzly is so sweet, and so shy and so scared. She breaks my heart. She's hiding in my dining room. I thought that might be an ok place to put her so that it's quiet, she had hidey spots and she can relax and look at the other kitties through the doors. I'm hoping she'll come around sooner rather than later, but she just seems so traumatized. I can hold her and reassure her, and she just looks at me with those huge eyes. Poor little girl.

I'll try to get some more pics. The kitten is so interested in what is going on in the dining room, lol. He's so cute. Standing up at the door and stretching all the way out to see in. He's such a socializer.

Will update more as she comes around.

Taz_Zoee
05-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Awww, poor thing. Maybe Sebastians curiosity and social skills will help her out in the long run. :)
While I am anxious to see more pictures of the beautiful girl.....take your time. We don't want any extra added stress to the poor thing. And I hope the vet visit (when you get it scheduled) goes perfectly! :D

Welcome to the best kind of home, Grizzly, a Pet Talk home!! :)

jennielynn1970
05-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Grizzly goes to the whitecoats today to get her checkup, vaccinations and tested for FIV/FeLV.

Wish us luck!!! I want a healthy kitty report!

phesina
05-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Prayers and good wishes that you ace your exam, Grizzly, and are in fine health!

happylabs
05-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Awww Jen, she is a pretty girl. Hope her vet visit went well. Seems like God had a plan for this one to adopt you. :)

jennielynn1970
05-13-2011, 06:07 PM
What a good girl at the vet!! She rolled around on the table and the floor and just sniffed everything she could, lol. She was like a little dog! She aced all her exams with flying colors too!! Negative on the FIV/FeLV testing, no critters on her, and she only gave the vet bat ears after her shots, lol.

She's still in the dining room/kitchen area, but I might see if she wants to come out and sniff around and get to know the others this weekend. She hissed at Honeybun when we came in through the door, but she was just through an ordeal, so I'm hoping she won't be too hissy with my guys. If she gets along well with them, maybe I'll think about keeping her, lol. Like I haven't thought of that already, lol. She's just so sweet all by herself! I'm hoping she'll be good with others too.

Taz_Zoee
05-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Yay! So glad she got a clean bill of health at the white coats. :D :D
I also hope she can transition into the house. Good luck!! :)

jennielynn1970
05-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Grizzly says HI PetTalk!! I'm having a good time at my foster mom's house. I just got my shots, I'm getting spayed on Tuesday, and then my foster mom says I can go to an "adoption center" to see if I get a good home! I like it here, but I'd love to have a home of my very own!!

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM1957.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM1956.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM1955.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
05-15-2011, 01:22 AM
I'm so glad to hear that she received a clean bill of health and I hope that her spay goes well.:) She sure is adorable and looks very petite. How much does she weigh? I bet she'll get adopted quickly. Good luck.:)

jennielynn1970
05-15-2011, 01:58 AM
I'm so glad to hear that she received a clean bill of health and I hope that her spay goes well.:) She sure is adorable and looks very petite. How much does she weigh? I bet she'll get adopted quickly. Good luck.:)

She's actually a very petite girl, only 7lbs. She's a firecracker though, lol!! It's the tortie-tude in her!

jennielynn1970
05-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Say some prayers for Grizzly please. She's at the vet, getting spayed and micro-chipped tomorrow. I'm hoping all goes well. Surgery always makes me nervous.

phesina
05-16-2011, 06:49 PM
More prayers and good energies for Grizzly,. that you come home in better form than ever!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

jennielynn1970
05-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Well, it is now almost one week post surgery for Grizzly's spay, and she is doing wonderfully!!! She is back to her spunky old self, and wants to be held once again.

Hopefully sometime this week she will go to the PetSmart adoption center, and from there, a new and loving home!!! I will miss her terribly. She has me wrapped around her little paw.

I did think about keeping her, but my Boris attacked her viciously 2xs, and I can't let that happen, or have a cat live in fear in my house. Part of me wants to give Boris the boot, lol, because she's being such a witch, but I know I can't do that to one who has been with me for 9 almost 10 years now. She's just a grumpy old cat who hates change.

Wish Grizzly luck as she ventures out into the adoption arena! I'm praying she gets a great new home!

jennielynn1970
05-25-2011, 08:04 PM
My sweet little Grizzly girl, who has grown so close to my heart in the few weeks that she was here, is now at the adoption center in Quakertown, PA to be adopted out. I miss her little face already! She was such a sweetie. I just hope that she gets a great home and that they love her as much as I love her.

Before I left the adoption center, she was rolling in the catnip and having a ball, so I'm hoping that she will still be a happy girl for the next few days or weeks to come while in there. I'm hoping for a short stay because she is just a beautiful and sweet natured girl.

Shedding a tear for my dear Grizz Grizz tonight. I'll miss her sweet kisses.:(

phesina
05-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Prayers for sweet Grizzly that she will soon find her perfect FURREVER home and will somehow let Jenn know!

jennielynn1970
06-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Week one is down, and Grizzly is LOVING the adoption center and all the attention she is getting from our volunteers, lol. I'm hoping we get some applications on her before she is there too long.

Wish us luck, and keep those fingers crossed for a great adoption to happen for my Grizzly girl, and soon!!!

phesina
06-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Prayers and good wishes for Grizzly to find her wonderful FURREVER home soon!

3Catcondo
06-05-2011, 08:48 PM
She is adorable, and such a petite little thing. Sending good thoughts and prayers she will find a furever home really soon. Good luck Grizzly!

jennielynn1970
06-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Well, no takers on "Grizabella" (we changed her name to the kitty from the musical CATS, hoping it will be better received!

I pick her up this Sunday at 11:30am at the adoption center and she will spend the summer with Dave and me at Sunny Rest since my one girl cat will literally tear her apart. Hope she is adopted by the end of the summer, otherwise we will have a real interesting case on our hands come the end of August with going back to school and being back home!!

She's such a sweetie, just wish I could keep her myself, but I can't get rid of my bully girl since she's been with me since she was 4 weeks old and is now going on 10 years old.

Wish us luck, and keep your fingers crossed she gets adopted over the summer!

jennielynn1970
06-18-2011, 03:50 AM
Grizzly goes to an adoption day today from 11 - 2 pm. I'm hoping since she'll be one of only 2 there that she gets a lot of attention and maybe a potential adopter. Wish her luck. She's just so sweet, it breaks my heart that I can't keep her myself because of Boris. Boris is just soooooo nasty to her. Not sure how we'll handle the situation in September when we bring her back home if she's not adopted out by then. I know we'll figure something out, but I just wish I could allow her to mingle with my other guys and do something to isolate Boris instead.

jennielynn1970
07-13-2011, 12:47 PM
I just spoke at length to a woman who applied online for my foster, Grizzly. She is 61, on disability, will be getting a pension, and a divorce settlement... so money is not an issue, not that I expect Grizzly to be ill anytime soon, but you never know what the future holds.

The woman I talked with just sounded like a perfect match for my love bug of a kitty. She wants a loving companion, and Grizzly is just that. Since she's on disability she will be home most days, and Grizzly will have her love and attention 24/7! I'm so excited for the both of them. The woman, Kim, just sounds like she will do everything she needs to do for the best of Grizzly, and I have a really good feeling about the whole thing.

So, I'll have my sweet girl for another few weeks, and then she'll be off to her new home!! I hope that Kim will love her just as much as I do, because she is one special kitty!

phesina
07-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Sounds perfect for both of them! Well done, Jenn.

Lizzie
07-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Congratulations, Jen! And, good luck to Grizzly. It does sound like a perfect home for her - always a tremendous relief when that happens.

Karen
07-13-2011, 03:48 PM
That sounds like an ideal situation for Grizzly the love bug! Tell her about Pet Talk, as we know folks would love to keep getting Grizzly updates!

mrspunkysmom
07-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Congratulations on your new home, Grizzly!

krazyaboutkatz
07-15-2011, 12:50 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:)