PDA

View Full Version : I made my mom cry today...woops.

JuniorxMyxLove
05-08-2011, 01:22 PM
:o

So today is Mother's Day, obviously. My last art project was a pastel baby portrait of myself. I talked my teacher into giving it back to me early [she wanted to keep it and display it in a showcase at school] so I put it in a frame to give to my mom. She'd heard about my drawing but hadn't seen it until this morning, when she pulled it out of the bag.

It is her favorite baby picture of me and...well...she started crying a little bit. :o Not quite the reaction I was expecting, but they were happy tears!

I wish I had the original photo scanned in but I'm not sure where it is - once I brought it home, my mom put it somewhere safe.

But anyways...here is my first ever attempt at using pastels :) It was also my first ever attempt at doing ANYTHING in color so...there was a lot of trial, error, and purple involved in the making of this. I love purple. I put it everywhere!

Seriously though...
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/127/2/1/baby_portrait_by_sweetmelaniee-d3fsu7n.jpg
[meh, it's one of those things that look MUCH better when viewed from a distance. I also failed miserably at the mouth...woops]

I'm excited - my next project is going to be an acrylic painting of a horse running through water. I'm also "recreating" one of George Stubb's drawings for extra credit :p She obviously doesn't know that I spent 2 years drawing horses only, or else she wouldn't have approved it hahahahaha.

So...yeh. Happy Mother's Day!

Scooter's Mom
05-08-2011, 01:26 PM
You did a great job! I wish I had any talent at all for drawing.

Roxyluvsme13
05-08-2011, 01:31 PM
This is beautiful! I wish I could draw my mom something like this!

mrspunkysmom
05-08-2011, 02:06 PM
It's beautiful. She'll treasure it forever! A lovely gift for Mother's Day.

Freedom
05-08-2011, 02:44 PM
This is a wonderful gift to your Mom, no wonder she was teary eyed! You have a grand talent, great painting, but the subject being so dear to your Mom really made her day. GOOD FOR YOU! :D

K9karen
05-08-2011, 04:14 PM
geesh! All my mom ever got were stick figures with funny clothes! :rolleyes:
Your pastel is fabulous! No wonder your mom cried tears of joy! I'm sure she'll treasure this gift forever! I LOVE purple too!!!!

JuniorxMyxLove
05-08-2011, 05:40 PM
thank you :D

I used purple EVERYWHERE! It's in the skin, the shirt, the HAIR [actually, the hair has a looooot of blue in it, hahaaha]

I'm proud of myself - aside from the shirt, I didn't use black at all on this drawing.

jennielynn1970
05-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Your drawing is amazing!! What a wonderful gift for your mom!! Can't wait to see more of your art work!

chocolatepuppy
05-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Aww, that's really nice! I'm sure your mom loves it!!!:)

gini
05-08-2011, 06:18 PM
What a thoughtful and special gift for your Mom...........I would have been in tears as well.

You have a definite talent - no apologies about any part of your painting are allowed.

phesina
05-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Oh, that's just beautiful.. No wonder your mother was crying!

Happy Mothers Day to your mom and you!

Medusa
05-08-2011, 07:00 PM
I think you did a beautiful job. No wonder your mom cried. I would've, too. It touches the heart, the way a real gift should.

Asiel
05-08-2011, 08:22 PM
What a wonderful gift for your mom - you're really doing some great work, that's a very good portrait of yourself. Keep up the good work, you'll love acrylics.