PDA

View Full Version : Have You Heard Of Or Used Fresh Wave Before?

krazyaboutkatz
05-08-2011, 01:22 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone here has either heard of or used Fresh Wave deodorizing crystals before. I kept hearing about it on one of the radio stations that I listen to so I decided to buy some today and try it. I bought 5 jars of it at Bed,Bath,and Beyond and I had enough $5 off coupons to use for all 5 jars. I'm glad that they let you use expired coupons that you get in the mail. I don't like buying scented litter for my cats and I needed something better than what I've been using to help control litter box odor. I scoop 2 times a day but sometimes when I come home from work, my condo smells like a barnyard. I like the fact that it's all natural and safe for pets and people. Even if it's eaten it won't hurt any one. Here's the link about it: http://www.fresh-wave.com/. I hope it works for me.:)

Taz_Zoee
05-08-2011, 01:54 AM
Let me know how it works! I hear the commercials all the time too and I always want to try it. :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Let me know how it works! I hear the commercials all the time too and I always want to try it. :)

So far it's working well. It says it lasts from 30-90 days depending on air flow. I'm hoping that they'll all last for 90 days since they're on the pricey side.:)

Cataholic
05-09-2011, 10:54 AM
I haven't used this. I am curious about it though. It IS scented? Or, is it something carbon-y that absorbs odor?

I have a house that is less than 900 square feet. I have 9 cats (and one medium doggie). I nearly always have people that comment, when they learn of my cat numbers, 'it doesn't even smell'. Now, they surely don't make that comment about the hair. The hair even gets to me!

I swear by World's Best Litter. It IS expensive. I use no smell maskers. I have 2 boxes in my bedroom (as I have a cat that lives under my bed), and 4 boxes in the basement. I scoop upstairs twice a day and the downstairs ones once a day (unless I happen to notice a stink bomb (which does make odor, of course)). I use these HUGE rubbermaid 22 or so gallon tubs with a hole cut out in the front. It keeps the litter contained. I use 7 pounds of litter per box, and of course fill it as necessary by the scooping I do daily. I usually get whole, new, fresh litter about every 6 or even 8 weeks. At that point, I scrub the box out.

I am not a fan of perfumed litter, and have heard repeatedly by people that know far more than I (yes, they do exist), that cats hate these, and it is a leading cause of inappropriate urination.

Just my novel, no charge for advice. :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-09-2011, 11:44 AM
I haven't used this. I am curious about it though. It IS scented? Or, is it something carbon-y that absorbs odor?

I have a house that is less than 900 square feet. I have 9 cats (and one medium doggie). I nearly always have people that comment, when they learn of my cat numbers, 'it doesn't even smell'. Now, they surely don't make that comment about the hair. The hair even gets to me!

I swear by World's Best Litter. It IS expensive. I use no smell maskers. I have 2 boxes in my bedroom (as I have a cat that lives under my bed), and 4 boxes in the basement. I scoop upstairs twice a day and the downstairs ones once a day (unless I happen to notice a stink bomb (which does make odor, of course)). I use these HUGE rubbermaid 22 or so gallon tubs with a hole cut out in the front. It keeps the litter contained. I use 7 pounds of litter per box, and of course fill it as necessary by the scooping I do daily. I usually get whole, new, fresh litter about every 6 or even 8 weeks. At that point, I scrub the box out.

I am not a fan of perfumed litter, and have heard repeatedly by people that know far more than I (yes, they do exist), that cats hate these, and it is a leading cause of inappropriate urination.

Just my novel, no charge for advice. :)
I don't like scented litter either because my nose is very sensitive to it and it smells so strong to me. I know that cats noses are even more sensitive than ours so I know they don't like it either.

There is a mild scent to it but you really don't notice it unless it's either right under your nose or you're very close to it. It's not a perfumy kind of scent either which I can't stand. When I first opened up the jars and went out of my condo for a while, I did smell the scent of the fresh wave when I first walked in. I do have 5 set up though and my condo is under 1000sq. feet. I have one covered litter box in my bedroom that's fairly close to my bed so I have one of them there and it's already helped so much. I also have one in the hall bathroom near another covered litter box, one in the kitchen near the sink, and two in the living room near two more uncovered litter boxes. I have another covered litter box that's also in the living room but there's really no place to put one there.

My condo is what I'd call open concept in design so the kitchen, dining room, and living room run into each other without any doors. I'm sure that if you tried it and it didn't work for you that you'd be able to return it without any problems. For what I'm using it for they do recommend the odor eliminationg crystals in the jars. They also sell refill jars so my current jars are refillable for future use. If you do decide to try it, I hope it'll also work for you.