PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Mitch!!!

Bari_d
11-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Cat of the Day friends, please open your Heart and share Mitch's story... http://www.cathappy.com/mitch.htm

http://www.cathappy.com/images/Temp%20photos/Mitch2.jpg

If you don't have room in your home, please share his story so we can find this wonderful striped boy a home ASAP! He was rescued from a KILL shelter in July, and he really needs a furrever home!

Send his page to everyone you know, PLEASE! God bless you for caring

Bari and the Pride

All Creatures Great And Small
11-03-2002, 11:35 PM
Oh, my gosh - I am in LOVE! Look at his little eyebrows! Unfortunately, I don't think I would qualify as his furrever home, because I have a 4 year old male kitty who is certain he is the king of the house. If I were kitty-less, though, I would drive to Colorado tonight to get this beautiful boy and bring him home!

toughCookie
11-04-2002, 03:12 AM
of course I can't promise anything, but I do have a friend in Texas, she is a big cat-lover, I will email the story to her...

Bari_d
01-08-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Bari_d
Cat of the Day friends, please open your Heart and share Mitch's story... http://www.cathappy.com/mitch.htm

http://www.cathappy.com/images/Temp%20photos/Mitch2.jpg

If you don't have room in your home, please share his story so we can find this wonderful striped boy a home ASAP! He was rescued from a KILL shelter in July, and he really needs a furrever home!

Send his page to everyone you know, PLEASE! God bless you for caring

Bari and the Pride

UPDATE - JANUARY 8, 2003!!!!

A FEW MONTHS AGO, I POSTED MITCH'S STORY...GOoD THINGS DON'T ALWAYS HAPPEN OVERNIGHT, IT HAS TAKEN SOME TIME TO FIND THE RIGHT PERSON, BUT I JUST RECEIVED WORD THAT MITCH, HAS INDEED FOUND HIS FOREVER HOME!!!! HE HAS BEEN ADOPTED BY A LOVING FAMILY.

I WANTED TO THANK ALL WHO CARED...ALL WHO PRAYED. THESE RESCUES TAKE ALL OF US SOMETIMES TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!

TO THOSE OF YOU WHO WORKED IN MITCH'S BEHALF - GOD BLESS YOU...I KNOW MITCH LOVES YOU FOR IT, AND HE WILL NOW GET THE LOVE AND TLC HE SO RICHLY DESERVES.

PURRRRRRR....

HAPPILY,

BARI ET AL

kimlovescats
01-08-2003, 11:46 PM
Congratulations MITCH!!!! Be a happy boy forever in your new loving home! Purrs and nudgies!!!!
:) :D

moosmom
01-11-2003, 06:54 PM
I love stories with happy endings!!! Have a wonderful life little boy. God knows you deserve it.

sandragonfly
01-13-2003, 04:27 AM
YEEEHAAA WAY TO GO!! *jumping hysterically* :D

Lillycat
01-20-2003, 09:21 PM
such good news......i wish a forever home for all our cats.....all animals in need of a forever home!

JillLovesMinnie14yrs
01-21-2003, 05:40 PM
I Don't believe it!!! This is great news!! I volunteered at a kill shelter for a full year and I know how hard it is to place a cat in a home and how quick these "animal lovers" are to kill. I can't imagine Mitch settling for anything less than LIFE. Good luck Mitch, you have a long road ahead, I hope it is filled with lots of treats and catnip!!;)

DaisyMcCat
01-22-2003, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE]I volunteered at a kill shelter for a full year and I know how hard it is to place a cat in a home and how quick these "animal lovers" are to kill.

As someone who works in a shelter that often has to make the very difficult and painful decision to put down an animal, I take great offense to this. I receive little pay for my work, and have a part-time job to subsidize my living costs. I do my job because I love animals and care for their welfare, and because other people won't do it. Euthanasia is determined on a basis of health, temperment, and space in the shelter, and it's horrifying to hear of someone acting as if we do it for kicks.

How many elderly animals have you taken in? How many pairs that cannot be split up have you adopted? Have you adopted a cat with diabetes or other medical needs? How about one who is Felv+ or FIV+? Any semi-ferals? What do you propose that I, as a shelter worker, do with all the animals that people won't adopt because they only want kittens?

Your post read like a slap in the face.

Until you

Cataholic
01-22-2003, 04:33 PM
Daisy McCat,
Welcome to PT, though I am sorry this is one of your earliest experiences with it!!!! I, too, am a little suprised at JilllovesMinnie's post...let's see if this wasn't just an oversight, or a poor expression of words. While I certainly don't know her like I do some of the others on the board, it seems a little off her typical posts...

I wouldn't want your job for all the money in the world. I cannot imagine the heavy heart you must have alot of times. I, for one, couldn't do it. I am thankful there are brave compassionate people like you. Please don't let this one experience turn you off of PT...I can tell you that most of the time it is very fun, interesting, helpful, etc....

Johanna

DaisyMcCat
01-22-2003, 05:07 PM
I certainly do hope it was just poor wording. I'm a new poster to this site, but I've been enjoying the photos for quite some time. But I did feel moved enough to respond to that post, partly to vent and partly to shed some light on euthanasia.

Also, the words "Kill Shelter" always make me bristle. The correct term is "open admission". We will take any animal that comes in the door, be it a cute kitten who will be adopted later in the week, or a 15 year old that someone decided they didn't want any more. We taken in aggressive dogs and sick cats, and every other "undesirable" in between. Sadly, we cannot (and in some cases, should not) always adopt these animals out.

Limited admission (or "no-kill", as some call them) shelters have the luxury of only taking in animals of a certain age or health condition. They can turn down an animal if they don't have the space, or if an animal has a disease that needs meds.

I don't mean to put down limited admission shelters, as they do fantastic work. But each kind of shelter has their niche, and it's ignorant and offensive to shelter workers to assume that one is somehow better than the other.

Until everyone is responsible for their pets, until we do away with the disposable attitude towards older pets, and until and more animals are spayed and neutered, I will continue to do my job to se that all the animals I deal with, be it in life or death, are treated with kindness and compassion.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-23-2003, 11:00 AM
DaisyMcCat - thanks for giving the more detailed descriptions of "kill" and "no-kill" shelters. Your posts really do explain a lot that the general public doesn't know about shelters, and really never even bothered to think about. Thanks for posting and I hope you post more - and give us some pictures of...Daisy I assume her name is? ;) :)