PDA

View Full Version : I have a porch kitty!

caseysmom
05-06-2011, 11:10 PM
He looks a lot like potter, he is black and white also, not the fluffy black and white of a tuxedo though.

I finally got a glimpse under his tail hence the "his" this was after lifting his tail a few times to see and getting hissed at pretty good.

He is pretty timid and a bit wild but he lets me pet him a bit and is always happy to see me with the food dish.

I just don't understand where these kitties come from I have had one stray years ago but my neighbors are all responsible about spaying and neutering etc so I just don't understand how these poor kitties are out there as orphans?

mrspunkysmom
05-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Awesome! How old do you think he is?

He was probably dropped off. SAD

I swear cats are telepathic or psychic. They are able to zero in on likely cat lovers.

Good luck and thanks for feeding the kitteh.

catmandu
05-07-2011, 09:14 AM
http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy286/pouncer2scrappy/101_12461.jpg
Tabbytha says hello to your Porch Kitty, I am suceeding in patting her, and I hope that I can catch her before the Cat Stork comes !!
She is so beautiful to me!!!:cool::cool:

Karen
05-07-2011, 11:54 AM
They may stop at many houses before they find a Pet Talk one, but they find it eventually, don't they? Good luck with him, hopefully you are able to tame him enough to get him fixed if necessary!

caseysmom
05-08-2011, 12:11 AM
I thought he looked on the older side but my daughter thinks he looks young, now that I look closer I think she is right. My daughter is just like me about pets and she got a very small scratch petting him, which did alarm me a bit since she is pregnant but I had her wash her hand really well.

I won't see him sometimes for a week although lately it has been more frequent, he just came by tonight and I think I haven't seen him for a few days.

Tabitha is beautiful by the way.

Its funny they do seem to sense that you mean them no harm although he is cautious around me.

Anikaca77
05-09-2011, 01:57 PM
I think they know where we live. No matter what they have a way of finding us.

caseysmom
05-16-2011, 06:53 PM
I made a little bed on the back porch for him and he sleeps there sometimes, I put it up on a table to the dogs don't bother him. He also sleeps on the front porch under a bush sometimes.

He lets me know once or twice a day when he's hungry, this morning I didn't see him so I put food on his bed in the back, then when I was leaving through the front door he came to let me know he was hungry, he rubbed his body up against my leg when I was pouring food, guess I'm okay to him now? I am still careful when I pet him, I still get a hiss here and there.