PDA

View Full Version : My daughter is having twins!

caseysmom
05-06-2011, 11:02 PM
I have been holding back with the announcement until she told all the family on facebook since I am friends with some of you on facebook.

My daughter is expecting twins in October, the 17th to be exact. I would have rather this happened in 5 years but it is what it is. She is 20 and been with her boyfriend since 8th grade.

She has been out on her own for a couple of years and her younger sister has been off to college so I was thinking the house was a bit too quiet!

For sure one of them is a girl, not sure about the other baby but it was leaning toward a girl also...darn..I was hoping for one of each but won't they be adorable in their matching pink dresses?

She is taking good care of herself, she has always been real thin, she looks like a snake that swallowed a rat :D

K9karen
05-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Great News! How exciting! I hope your daughter has an uneventful, healthy pregnancy! Twin Libras! Sounds good to me!

caseysmom
05-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Great News! How exciting! I hope your daughter has an uneventful, healthy pregnancy! Twin Libras! Sounds good to me!

Your right they will be Libras...that balance will come in handy with two of them!

Karen
05-07-2011, 12:01 AM
Congratulations! I know what you mean, one of Paul's cousins married a person I knew when we were younger, and she's always been very slight of build. When she was pregnant it just looked like she shoved a beachball under her dress!

caseysmom
05-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Congratulations! I know what you mean, one of Paul's cousins married a person I knew when we were younger, and she's always been very slight of build. When she was pregnant it just looked like she shoved a beachball under her dress!

Your analogy is so much better than mine, especially for pet lovers!

chocolatepuppy
05-07-2011, 05:15 AM
Yay! Two new little babies! Congrats!:D

pomtzu
05-07-2011, 06:25 AM
Congratulations to Mom, Dad - and of course - GRAMMY!!!!

You'll just love being a Grammy, as most ladies do. It's so much fun to have little ones around again - and you get to send them home with Mom and Dad when it gets to be a little too much! :p :D Oh boy - double trouble......;)

anna_66
05-07-2011, 07:14 AM
Congratulations! How exciting:D

gini
05-07-2011, 09:39 AM
It will be like playing with two live dolls...........dressing them up and showing them off.

Congratulations!

BitsyNaceyDog
05-07-2011, 11:20 AM
How exciting! Congratulations!

Something must be in the water. October seems to be a big baby month this year. My kids have 4 cousins due mid October- early November. (All singles, no twins.)

Karen
05-07-2011, 11:21 AM
By the way, I would not count on them being Libras - twins often are born at least a little early, it gets crowded in there!

caseysmom
05-07-2011, 12:42 PM
By the way, I would not count on them being Libras - twins often are born at least a little early, it gets crowded in there!

Your right, I guess they have already accounted for 3 weeks earlier that if it was one baby but still...I hope she isn't too early they need time to bake.

phesina
05-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Congratulations to your daughter and her boyfriend and all the family!

Alysser
05-07-2011, 01:10 PM
How exciting!! Congratulations to your entire family! :D

Scooter's Mom
05-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Congratulations!

My niece is due with her first child on Oct. 10th but she's (hopefully!) only having one. She's only 19, so a single is good. LOL

Asiel
05-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Congratulations to the ( soon to be ) new mom and to the new Granny. Twins- how lucky. I always wanted twins but never did get that lucky. You'll find becoming a granny so much fun , you get to spoil them and then send them back to the parents who will lecture you :D

*LabLoverKEB*
05-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Congratulations to your daughter, you, and your entire family! How exciting!!! Wishing her a smooth, and HEALTHY pregnancy!:love::love::love:

Roxyluvsme13
05-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Congratulations! Hope things go well :)

Cincy'sMom
05-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Congrats to your daughter (and you!) and yeah for October babies! (I'm due 10-30).

caseysmom
05-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Congrats to your daughter (and you!) and yeah for October babies! (I'm due 10-30).

I didn't know that...congratulations!

krazyaboutkatz
05-08-2011, 01:01 AM
Congrats!!!:) I hope that your daughter's pregnancy will go smoothly.:)

Pembroke_Corgi
05-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Congratulations to your daughter and the new soon to be grandparents. :)

My mom is a twin- she has a fraternal twin sister- and she loves it!

4 Dog Mother
05-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Congratulations! I was so excited when I read your thread, I decided to start my own and didn't even think I should be congratulating you. Yes,

Amy would not be too happy about having twins. She is slightly older than your daughter by well, lets say over 10 years. And this is her first also - The dogs have been their babies and are all close to or over 10 now. I think this is going to be a real shock for them. Especially Sadie her oldest fur daughter who thinks she is a real person - who comes and gives grandma and grandpa hugs when told to. All 3 like to sit on her lap (and they are not lapdog size) so they aren't going to be very happy for while.

caseysmom
05-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Thanks pembroke and 4 dogs mother...yes I am even a bit scared about babysitting them on my own but I guess if one has to wait on slow poke gramma they can just cry, it won't harm them too much they will learn patience, right???:D

k9krazee
05-10-2011, 10:28 PM
How exciting grandma-to-be! Congratulations! Oh, I'm a twin October baby as well! ;)

caseysmom
05-10-2011, 11:59 PM
How exciting grandma-to-be! Congratulations! Oh, I'm a twin October baby as well! ;)

That is interesting, how is it being a twin? Are you still close?

k9krazee
05-13-2011, 05:00 PM
I love being a twin! I have a twin brother, so I can't say what it's like to be an identical twin, I'm sure it'd be a lot different. But my brother and I are really close still. They said that when we were little I would cry when I wanted something that he had and he'd give it to me. I can say that that is still true today! haha But we're close, I'm closer to him than I am to my younger sister and older brother, it's just a different kind of bond that I can't really describe. We don't need to talk to know what the other one is trying to say.

The best parts about being a twin, in my opinion, is that I never had an awkward first bus ride, or first day at school, etc. We also were in the same life stages and learning to drive together, graduating high school, going out together for our 21st birthday, etc. We got to study for tests together and split up the homework load. I tried really hard through elementary and middle school to have my own friends, but once we were in high school we had the same group of friends. I wish I wouldn't have fought it so much when we were younger.

The worst part about being a twin is the competition and comparing. We both played the trumpet in the high school band and I was first chair and he was last, I was in the top 50 of my graduating class, he wasn't. Things like that I think really made him a less-confident person and I feel bad because he is constantly being compared to me (and vise versa, there are things that he excels at and I don't). Every little thing was a competition. I'm just glad that he was a boy, I'm sure it'd be 100x worse with two girls or two boys.

One thing I always appreciated is that my mom made a point to make us separate cakes on our birthday and to sing to us individually. Sometimes we had one large cake and each had our own personalized little cake, or even one cake with both halves decorated differently.

Okay, enough rambling XD

caseysmom
05-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Thats interesting about the cake, I will tell my daughter to make sure she has two cakes. Her twins aren't identical, they have separate sacks, they just aren't sure the sex of baby "a" yet, baby "b" is for sure a girl.

My girls were only 18 months apart so there was a little of that rivalry with them also.

luvofallhorses
05-15-2011, 12:48 AM
YAY congrats! :D

dab_20
05-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Wow, how exciting! Congrats on the news!! We must see pics of your granddaughters once they are born! :D

caseysmom
05-20-2011, 08:37 PM
Just got back from an ultrasound that took an hour and a half...they are both girls!:love:

luvofallhorses
05-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Aww yay!

caseysmom
05-24-2011, 12:20 AM
My sister in law called last Saturday to tell me they had their once a year garage sale in her neighborhood, its in an HOA so they only allow it once a year. Its a very upscale neighborhood and I got so many nice things.

I got 2 swings they were 5 dollars each, normally 100. I got a solid wood bassinet for 50 that retails for 200. We already got carseats but I got a really nice one for 15 and my sister in law gave me one, now grandma has carseats and swings.

I also orderd a hot pink double stroller for me she already got a big stroller mine is a double umbrella stroller.

I also got a wooden high chair for 7 at the garage sale.

moosmom
05-24-2011, 04:57 AM
Congrats, Nana!!!!! You must be over the MOOOOON!!!!!!

Yard sales are the way to go these days. When my friend Stephanie was expecting Brady, she needed a high chair. I was pet sitting for my cousin who lives in a very exclusive section of West Hartford and happen to drive by one. Saw a whole bunch of baby stuff including an expensive high chair that was very gently used. Brady is now 2 and she uses it everyday. Only cost $20!!

Baby stuff is so outrageously expensive. Ya gotta know where to look and what to look for.

I am so happy for you!!!;)

caseysmom
06-24-2011, 01:07 AM
Update, my daughter is buying a home. She was looking into getting a bigger place and I suggested with the housing market as it is it would be cheaper to buy. She found a cute house that is 1100 sq feet with nice laminate floors and granite counters. It has a nice floor plan and now I can get all this baby stuff out of my house, I have been storing it for her since her apartment is too small.

Her pregnancy is going good, she is tiny except her big tummy. Next ultrasound is on Monday, my other daughter is home from college so she will get to go.

Karen
06-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Congratulations to her on the new house! Such fun! And you get to help her move, by emptying out all her and the baby stuff from your place, so accomplishing two goals at once!