PDA

View Full Version : May Thurs-Day #428...because gini didn't want a longer b-day party

RICHARD
05-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Gosh,

May already?

I think that a nice mint julep as the DOTD and some better weather for the country is in order.

The KY Derby is on Saturday and while I am not a huge hose racing fan, I do love to watch the horses run. I went to a racetrack once before and got to stand near the finish line of one race.

The power, noise and ground shaking was pretty wild - I enjoyed that the most.

Oh, and I almost forgot Cinco de Mayo........

I'll drink to that!

DONE!

Catty1
05-05-2011, 10:12 AM
And some wit dubbed yesterday Star Wars Day - "May the Fourth be with you." :p:rolleyes::D

davidpizzica
05-05-2011, 11:11 AM
RICHARD, a mint julep will hit the spot for me, but try to keep Orc away from them!!

wombat2u2004
05-05-2011, 11:40 AM
And some wit dubbed yesterday Star Wars Day - "May the Fourth be with you." :p:rolleyes::D

Yesterday in history, a famous Viking explorer returned home from a voyage and found his name missing from the town register.
His wife insisted on complaining to the local civic official, who apologized profusely saying, "I must have taken Leif off my census." :p

Karen
05-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Oh, Richard, you've been gone from California for less than a month and you already almost forgot Cinco de Mayo?

Say hello to any horses you see for me! How's your foot - or what's left of it anyway - doing? Are you allowed to walk much yet?

lvpets2002
05-05-2011, 12:22 PM
:) Yes a Bigg LIT for me & the Orc.. Could we get umbrellas with fruit too please.. Oh yes we are to wear our fancy Hats to the KY Derby.. :p Ha Ha the Orc in a fancy Hat.. LOL:D

momoffuzzyfaces
05-05-2011, 12:49 PM
It's raining here AGAIN!!! sigh

How about a cherry limeade to remind me summer will surely come even if spring doesn't. :D :love:

slick
05-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Today the weather here is just plain nasty. It's raining, cold, dark & grey and windy - just the kind of day I want to stay home in my jammies and cuddle Merlin all day, but w-u-r-k calls me.

Yes, happy Cinco de Mayo. In celebration of Mexican independence, I think we should have a taco party.

chicken, beef, fish and all the fixins.

Oh yes, and the tequilla. :) Shooters all around for everyone on my tab please.

:love:Richard....glad you continue to do OK. You must come back and tell us about your healing journey and what the next steps (pardon the pun) are for you.

Pinot's Mom
05-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Happy Cinco de Mayo (or, as our SPCA is calling it, Cinco de Gato!) everyone!! :) Today was my LAST DAY OF WORK until May 23!!! On Sunday we're off on an excursion to Turkey and Greece (to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary with 20 other people)!!

So, this will also be my last weekend with y'all for a few weeks; Orc, make this one count! A Derby Mint Julep would be wonderful! What to eat? How about starting off with some spiced mixed nuts and maybe Carrs Water Crackers with bleu cheese? Sound good? Hang on, I'll go get some!:D

Queen of Poop
05-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Fish taco and a margarita for me please!

gini
05-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Is it just me or are there two #427's...........you gotta watch that Richard he would create two bars just to get that extra drink - ha:D:D

Whichever one it is, I would love a tall rum and pepsi with a good slice of lime - and maybe some of those crackers and cheese and nuts that Pinot's Mom brought.

Happy 29th Anniversary - have a wonderful vacation!

Karen
05-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Well, gini, Richard edited the title, just for you! ;) I'm just posting this so folks who didn't see it before now are not confuzzled by your comment!

gini
05-06-2011, 11:01 PM
To Richard, a huge thank you. Look, one birthday a year is all that I can take.................because I thought my eyesight had gone kaflooey when I kept seeing two #427's.

I hope you are feeling much better Richard and able to get up and around.

Now, back to my rum and coke..................

momoffuzzyfaces
05-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Since my last post mysteriously disappeared, I guess my bar membership has expired. Hope you feel better soon Richard. :love:

slick
05-08-2011, 12:23 PM
OMD - I'm belly laughing over here at the title of this thread. :D:D:D

This in crazy.....but I love it!!! :love::love:

Happy birthday Gini (oops, did I just say that??? **slaps hand over mouth**)

Well then, how about Happy Mother's Day to all the furmoms out there. It doesn't get any better than this.:)

One Spanish coffee please. I'm just leaving home to pick up my Mom and take her to my sil's for brunch.

Have a great day everyone!

RICHARD
05-09-2011, 03:51 PM
LOL.

All your 'foot' jokes don't offend me, if they did, I'd be hopping mad.:p ;)

Today I went to the foot/wound care center and they gave me a glowing report on my foot.

I am pleased and plan on being mobile in 2.5 weeks - or as mobile as I can be. If anything, I am determined to be afoot soon. This sitting around is killing me.

---------------

Ms Slick?

Un cafe espanol! HECHO!

MOFF,
As one of the founding members of 'the bar' your membership can never expire or be revoked.

Gini,

A refill and thanks for the good wishes. I am more upset that I cannot motorvate like I really want to. I have to be careful and not tax myself.

(I hate crutches...)

Karen,

I peeked in to the bar the other day and could not believe that anyone would complain about my 'math'....

Yes, more than one birthday a year is not recommended.

Qop,

Fish taco and margaritas.....and sunshine.

DONE!

PM.

She's off on vacation, so we'll wish her a safe trip and fun.

DONE!

MOFF,

Cherry limeade and better weather!

DONE!

LP.

A GIANT LIT, fruit and umbrellas and a bib for the ORC!

DONE!

Hey Wom.

You are very punny!

Hi david.

One mint julep and an unbrella.

Catty,

Love the joke.

davidpizzica
05-10-2011, 08:29 AM
RICHARD, I hope it's the report that's glowing and not your foot!!

RICHARD
05-10-2011, 10:37 AM
RICHARD, I hope it's the report that's glowing and not your foot!!

I sure hope not.....i did have a few x-rays and an MRI.;)

refill?

DONE!

Lady's Human
05-10-2011, 11:08 AM
A refill and thanks for the good wishes. I am more upset that I cannot motorvate like I really want to. I have to be careful and not tax myself.

Don't tax yourself, you'll put an IRS employee out of work. That's the gub'mints job.

While I'm here, a beer, please. Just got done with day 1 of rototilling the garden, and Ize BEAT!

Queen of Poop
05-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Glad you're healing well Richard. Relax, don't do too much too soon! You don't need to land back in the hospital!!

All smiles here, its SUNNY and currently PLUS (yes plus!!!) 13 degrees C.

Could I please get an iced tea to sip in the sunshine? Thank you! :D

RICHARD
05-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Don't tax yourself, you'll put an IRS employee out of work. That's the gub'mints job.

While I'm here, a beer, please. Just got done with day 1 of rototilling the garden, and Ize BEAT!

One cold beer, Done!

Having that rototiller dragging you around can be a workout.;)

QoP.

Sunshine, tea and more heat?

Done!

Lady's Human
05-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Okay, someone on a different site just told a Thursday's worthy joke.

I'm in a band called 1023 megabytes.

We haven't had a gig yet.
(Bada bing!)

Catty1
05-11-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm in a band called 1023 megabytes.

We haven't had a gig yet.

BOOOOO ROFL!!!!!:D:D:D

I'm a former musician and current pooter tech...this is perfect!:D

cassiesmom
05-11-2011, 10:40 PM
I heard this and it made me laugh right out loud: "I always take life with a grain of salt... and a slice of lemon... and a shot of tequila."

It's warm out! Could I have iced tea, please?