PDA

View Full Version : So Cal: Urgent Special Needs Kitten Needs Loving Home.

angels26
05-04-2011, 11:28 AM
My outdoor cat had 3 babies and unfortunately 1 is unable to walk. I took him to the Vet and kitten is 8 weeks old Very healthy and well fed and Very alert and loving. The sad part is the kitten has a motor function issue and he has no coordination so he drags and rolls around. I already have 4 indoor cats who will NOT accept him, I work all day and attend school. This precious kitten is a Special Needs kitten who needs to be in a loving home environment who has the time to enjoy and care for him. The Vet and I could not understand how he lived for 8 weeks out in the streets with his mother and 2 siblings without being injured by others. This kitten is truly an ANGEL. PLEASE, if there is anyone who can care for this Angel, I will be deeply grateful. Contact me ASAP at travens2 (the at sign) aol.com and you may even call me at 818-223-1847. God Bless You!

maerlyn
05-05-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm not in a position to take him, but you might contact Best Friends; they have a special house just for special needs kitties. Prayers coming for Gabriel (an angel).:love:

phesina
05-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Are you sure your other cats won't accept him? Maybe they just need a little time. Can you maybe keep him for a while anyway and give him and your others a little time to get used to each other.. You could shut him in a room away from the others when you're not home.

I have three disabled cats like that: two with Cerebellar Hypoplasia (a neurological disorder which sounds like what your kitten has) and one with cockeyed hind legs as a result of kittenhood fractures, plus four other able-bodied cats. They all get along fine.

What your disabled kitty needs is a controlled environment, i.e., no stairs, open windows, or other places to fall from. Since he is otherwise healthy, he needs no special care.

It is amazing indeed that he has lived this long outdoors!

If you absolutely cannot keep him, there are a number of good suggestions here of places that can help.

Best wishes!