PDA

View Full Version : Willy and the Dog Walk

Freedom
05-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Agility class tonight, outside for the first time! :D

The weave poles presented a momentary challenge. Seems Willy was focusing on the connecting bars at the bottom and they don't show up in the grass! He quickly caught on to look ahead, at the poles, he hee.

Willy has not seen the dog walk before. Before class actually started, and with him still on leash, I took him across twice, lots of cheese at the end both times. Great job!

First course, first run, he does the walk, no problem. Lots of cheese again.

First course, second run, he gets up on the 12 foot flat, looks over the side and . . . FROZE! Did you ever see a dog FREEZE in the midst of trotting along? Hilarious! (Only cuz I could see he was quite safe, of course.)

The instructor came over, and with one of us on each side of him, and both of us with cheese, we managed to get him to creep across and down the ramp. Two steps, cheese, two steps, cheese. Once on the grass, both of us made a huge fuss over him.

Second course, first run, he balked at the dog walk. I had to use cheese to get him up, across, and down.

That was the end of class. On leash, I did manage to coax him over it twice more, before we left.

I've heard of dogs getting frightened of an obstacle after a fall, trip, etc. But NEVER have I heard of a dog afraid of heights!

The teeter was not part of either course, but I also took him across that several times, no leash and no problems. Hooray!!

That is our update as of tonight's class.

Oh, and being outdoors? The field is HUGE!!! We are still doing just 12 obstacles, but wow I am running a whole lot more!

K9karen
05-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Willy, my darling, your auntie K needs cheese to get her off the ground too! :D:p

I'm so PROUD of you! You've come a long way! A gazillion kisses and hugs! :love::love:

Roxyluvsme13
05-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Willy, my darling, your auntie K needs cheese to get her off the ground too! :D:p

I'm rolling!

Congratulations dear Willy! We all knew you could do it and are very proud of you! :):love:

cassiesmom
06-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Dear Willy... It would take more than cheese to get me off the ground! :rolleyes:

How are your agility classes going? You have come so far!

Freedom
06-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Dear Auntie Elise,

Classes are great, we are outdoors in the huge field, now that the weather is nice. Mum keeps getting the camera ready to get another vid of me running, and then leaves it on the kitchen table. She's done this 3 weeks in a row! :rolleyes:

I can run an 18 obstacle course, now! WOO HOO!! Have to do 26 for competition, so I am still learning.

I didn't do much the first time in the big field, Teacher said I was "too busy being a boy!" I had to sniff all along the fence and pee every few steps. Mum kept calling me and pulling me away, but I was DETERMINED! :D Teacher and Mum was talking about somebody named Kilroy? ( Sandie: Kilroy was here, lol)

Class this week was hard, even though it was 6 PM, it was 88 degrees and really high humidity. :eek: I mostly walked the courses, but the 4th run, I sat and refused to budge. :p

K9karen
06-09-2011, 10:42 PM
but the 4th run, I sat and refused to budge. :p

Smartie pants! No amount of cheese could get me to budge on the 4th run either in this heat. Come to think of it, not on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd either! I'm with you, Wills! ;)