PDA

View Full Version : Fun at the off-leash dog park!

COCatMama
11-03-2002, 05:19 PM
Surrey, BC Canada
they made a new off-leash dog park here this year :D it's called Freedom! neat eh? We have taken Juneau there several times....I wish it was nearer to my home :(.

We took him to the park today....fun fun..he played with four dogs :) anybody near Surrey please bring your dogs there! it's near guildford i think. :D see you there!

primabella
11-03-2002, 05:49 PM
i wish they'de have one in quebec! :( if there are any, please let me know..:D

COCatMama
11-03-2002, 06:02 PM
Try your city's website or town or whatever...they most likely will have some info there. :)

Crikit
11-03-2002, 06:58 PM
I don't live near Surrey but I've been there before it's a nice place. Calgary has a few off leash places but I don't really take the dogs there because of somethings that have happened to them in the past and because of some stories I've heard from friends.

COCatMama
11-03-2002, 07:04 PM
:eek: Did someone just say Surrey and nice in the same sentence?!!? you must have been in South Surrey which is a far cry from the rest of it :). Surrey has a high crime rate and stuff and ewww I don't like it all....except the parks! Surrey has some awesome parks *if you can avoid the druggies in them* lol.

Crikit
11-03-2002, 07:12 PM
I haven't been there for years so it's probably changed, an hey I was only like 3 or 4 at the time.

COCatMama
11-03-2002, 07:18 PM
ROFL. I did know a girl from AB that goggled with amazement at how green Surrey is....I could have died laughing. We do tend to take the green-ness for granted here :)

Nomilynn
11-03-2002, 08:25 PM
People seem to forget that Surrey encompasses a LOT of land.. Newton is getting shabby, Whalley is a mess and Guildford is going downhill, but then you have White Rock and Cloverdale which are gorgeous and relatively safe. It all depends on where you are. :D

I went to Tamanawis and graduated from Lord Tweedsmuir.. I lived in the Surrey area for a long time!! :D

COCatMama
11-03-2002, 08:31 PM
White Rock is not a part of Surrey :) it is it's own City lol
Whalley is ghastly...Newton is somewhat scary
guildford is kinda bad too
Surrey Central is a nightmare :) if i could afford it i'd live in south surrey for sure

Nomilynn
11-03-2002, 08:38 PM
White Rock/ South surrey.. it's all the same area anyway. :p

COCatMama
11-03-2002, 08:39 PM
don't tell anyone from White Rock that *Giggle*
btw i love that under your avatar it says 'crazy cat lady' cute :)

Lirathal
11-03-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Lalania
White Rock is not a part of Surrey :) it is it's own City lol
Whalley is ghastly...Newton is somewhat scary
guildford is kinda bad too
Surrey Central is a nightmare :) if i could afford it i'd live in south surrey for sure

Six town centres make up Surrey: Fleetwood, Whalley, Guildford, Newton, Cloverdale, and South Surrey.

Fleetwood - Beautiful, Nice, country club like setting with rolling hills and beautiful homes,

Whalley - Some areas are nice, but it is moderate level income area.

Guildford - has a dual complex, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, and they are trying to make it look like it's metropolis.

Newton - Good, bad, and ugly.

South Surrey - uhmm ... well sure! :) it's cool too

Cloverdale - I live there, bout the nicest place around I'd say .. unbiased of course. Go Panthers! Tweedsmuir rules!

3nj0y!
Nate

Nomilynn
11-03-2002, 08:40 PM
don't tell anyone from White Rock that *Giggle*
btw i love that under your avatar it says 'crazy cat lady' cute :)

Thanks!! :D

Lirathal
11-03-2002, 08:41 PM
and also don't forget that Surrey is the largest city in the province!

3nj0y
Nate

COCatMama
11-03-2002, 08:44 PM
yeah it's frikkin HUGE!
but the crime, oy! i haven't called 911 so many times in all my life!

Lirathal
11-03-2002, 08:46 PM
yeah it's frikkin HUGE!
but the crime, oy! i haven't called 911 so many times in all my life!

Bah, you're just paranoid :P Vancouver and surround areas are just as bad. The media just misconstrues the truth so bad, don't believe everything you hear :P

3nj0y
Nate

COCatMama
11-03-2002, 08:49 PM
but but I actually live in scurvy i mean surrey :)

Crikit
11-03-2002, 09:45 PM
I don't have to goggle at all the green, I live down the street Calgary is fairly good as far as all the grass and stuff goes, which is good for the pups.:D

Tanya&Fritz
11-04-2002, 08:21 AM
Interesting...

I live in Ottawa and it's absolutely beautiful. Lots of green and VERY safe :D

There really aren't any bad sections here.

COCatMama
11-04-2002, 08:44 AM
doesn't it get awful darn cold there tho? :)

Tanya&Fritz
11-04-2002, 08:55 AM
Forgot to mention that :D It's snowing right now :)

Yes, it does get cold but a lot of people here ski, skate, snowmobile, etc. We try to make the best of it.