PDA

View Full Version : School speed zone

cassiesmom
05-03-2011, 01:33 PM
May I just rant for a second?

On my way to work the speed limit on First Avenue goes from 40 to 35 mph by the high school. People go 50 in the 40 mph and they stay at 50 by the high school! It's a school zone! I was in the left lane trying to change lanes, and a big car honked its horn and zoomed around me. It's just me in my 4-cylinder Saturn Ion trying to get in the slow lane and not get a speeding ticket. Please let me in. The speed limit only drops 5 mph for less than half a mile- could you slow down, puhleeze?!

Sorry, I was just so frustrated when this big sedan wouldn't let me in the slower lane. My mom and dad's neighbor got a speeding ticket in that exact spot and I really don't want one.

wombat2u2004
05-03-2011, 02:15 PM
May I just rant for a second?

On my way to work the speed limit on First Avenue goes from 40 to 35 mph by the high school. People go 50 in the 40 mph and they stay at 50 by the high school! It's a school zone! I was in the left lane trying to change lanes, and a big car honked its horn and zoomed around me. It's just me in my 4-cylinder Saturn Ion trying to get in the slow lane and not get a speeding ticket. Please let me in. The speed limit only drops 5 mph for less than half a mile- could you slow down, puhleeze?!

Sorry, I was just so frustrated when this big sedan wouldn't let me in the slower lane. My mom and dad's neighbor got a speeding ticket in that exact spot and I really don't want one.

We have radars on a lot of our school zones....ya go over the limit and ya get the book thrown at ya.

Karen
05-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Our new high school was under construction for a long time, and now that it is open, the old high school is being torn down, so there's no way you could speed anywhere near it - you'd either tear apart your undercarriage on the various potholes, ruts, steel plates and road debris, or be run over by a construction or dump truck.

cassiesmom
05-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Our new high school was under construction for a long time, and now that it is open, the old high school is being torn down, so there's no way you could speed anywhere near it - you'd either tear apart your undercarriage on the various potholes, ruts, steel plates and road debris, or be run over by a construction or dump truck.

Could you have them spread some on First Avenue for me?! :)

Karen
05-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Could you have them spread some on First Avenue for me?! :)

The Turtle (my car) would gladly do it, to make our drive easier around here, but we'd be afraid of getting arrested. That's give the detail officers something to actually do!

Marigold2
05-03-2011, 08:14 PM
What ya gonna do? Follow the law and let the others be fools.

Alysser
05-04-2011, 09:50 PM
I drive to school everyday and there has to be an accident at least 2 times a week. The normal speed on the road is 45 mph and when in the school zone its 30 mph. Most of the accidents are minor and rear-endings, but still people just don't pay attention and don't listen. People don't look for pedestrians in the cross-walk, they don't look when pulling out, they NEVER let you in to go into the parking lot, etc. It's honestly ridiculous how some people have NO courtesy, especially in that area.:rolleyes:

wombat2u2004
05-05-2011, 01:47 AM
I drive to school everyday and there has to be an accident at least 2 times a week. The normal speed on the road is 45 mph and when in the school zone its 30 mph. Most of the accidents are minor and rear-endings, but still people just don't pay attention and don't listen. People don't look for pedestrians in the cross-walk, they don't look when pulling out, they NEVER let you in to go into the parking lot, etc. It's honestly ridiculous how some people have NO courtesy, especially in that area.:rolleyes:

I was told once that the problem is mechanical. It's the nut on the steering wheel. :p