PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget!

Medusa
04-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Wash your face in the early morning dew on May 1. It ensures youth and beauty for another year. :)

Karen
04-30-2011, 05:39 PM
According to which old wives tale or tradition?

Asiel
04-30-2011, 05:41 PM
Oh oh....looks like I'm about to lose my youth and beauty. They are predicting rain mixed with snow for the next 3 days.... what to do, what to do....grow old gracefully I guess.

Medusa
04-30-2011, 05:51 PM
According to which old wives tale or tradition?

It's an old PowWow tradition and now the pagans have adopted it as well. It's probably actually the other way around since paganism came before PowWow. I've done it every year since I learned about it. It makes me miss my late senior friend Helen who would call me every April 30 and remind me. So I decided to carry on the tradition.

Medusa
04-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Oh oh....looks like I'm about to lose my youth and beauty. They are predicting rain mixed with snow for the next 3 days.... what to do, what to do....grow old gracefully I guess.

Yep, same here, except I'll probably not be as graceful as you.

Lilith Cherry
04-30-2011, 07:19 PM
It is certainly a very old English custom to wash your face in the dew on May1st. I will be out there bright and early hoping to find a wet spot my dog didnt leave, lol:)

chocolatepuppy
04-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the reminder Mary! I think I'll use the dew from the front yard where the dogs don't pee!;)

Asiel
04-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Yep, same here, except I'll probably not be as graceful as you.

I think you've got me beat in that department.......used to be the best little tomboy around.
Hard to be graceful when you wall walk . But I can always try although if I could grab my bat I would be out there hitting home runs....never did like ballet :D

Bonny
04-30-2011, 09:04 PM
I think you've got me beat in that department.......used to be the best little tomboy around.
Hard to be graceful when you wall walk . But I can always try although if I could grab my bat I would be out there hitting home runs....never did like ballet :D

"Tomboys Rule" :) I use to climb trees, still can climb a tree very carefully, got my first left handed softball mitt at age 10 & still have the mitt to this day. No ballet here either but could do the Peppermint Twist. :D

happylabs
05-01-2011, 05:20 AM
We've got dew this morning. I am on my way outside. I can use all the help I can get. Thanks! :)

pomtzu
05-01-2011, 06:59 AM
Wash your face in the early morning dew on May 1. It ensures youth and beauty for another year. :)

Oh - so that's my problem!! I've missed it all these years, so all the years are showing. :eek:

Well - I washed my feet in dew this morning when I went walking thru the wet and freshly cut grass with just flip-flops on - chasing down a belligerent little white dog.........and all I got out of that was wet, grass covered feet! :(

aTailOf2Kitties
05-01-2011, 07:22 AM
does rainwater dripping on my face from the ceiling count? Been storming all night and looks like me might have a rather inconvenient leak :rolleyes:

chocolatepuppy
05-01-2011, 09:54 AM
I did it! We'll see what kind of shape I'm in next year!:D

kokopup
05-02-2011, 09:17 AM
I decided to try to grow old gracefully years ago. I had to have my drivers license renewed last week and was hoping my new license picture would be an improvement of the one I had. Guess what, being graceful hasn't helped a bit.
My new photo made me look at least 4 years older than my last one. Mary, where were you back when I was still repairable.:D

wombat2u2004
05-02-2011, 09:47 AM
I decided to try to grow old gracefully years ago.

I'd rather grow old DISgracefully :p:p

Bonny
05-02-2011, 11:13 AM
I'd rather grow old DISgracefully :p:p

Your already doing a darn good job of it. :D

lvpets2002
05-02-2011, 12:28 PM
:eek: Well crap I guess that is what I have been doing wrong..

wombat2u2004
05-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Your already doing a darn good job of it. :D

True :p:p