PDA

View Full Version : Poor Hunter

HoochsMommiee
04-30-2011, 01:48 AM
Before i type this out i am not saying this about all pits i would own one in a heart beat and i think they are beauitful breed of dog's its the stupid owners.

Ok i had hope and hunter outside and they were playing and what not with each just across the parking lot sorta there is this beauitful pitbull name sadie well she is not friendly with NO dog's n so the guy had taken her back up to their apt and i thought nothing of it and went on playin with the dog's and talking to my friend connie all of a sudden hope layed down and her tail was wagging this is how she greets all dog's and people and i looked and sadie came running down the stairs and right to us so i grab the babies bringing them closer to me so .. she went right to hunters throat and bit him and hunter is the type of dog where he will not fight back no matter what so i had to try and pull this darn dog off him and i was screaming and so finally i hit the dog with my hand and fist and 5 min's later the owner finally came to get his dog and omg i wanna to smack him, he know's sadie can open his back door.. and when i was able to get the dog off hunter she even tried to go after my friend connie.. now like i said i DO NOT blame the breed i blame the stupid jerk of an owner, he knows he should of lock his back door cause his land lord even told him to do this..i checked hunter over about 30times and then some when i brought them back inside and holy heck hope was snarling at this dog to get off hunter.. i felt and feel so bad that i had to hit the dog but i am hope and hunters protector and momma and they come first no matter what.. Now i am hopeing to god this doesn't not make hunter not like other dog's i want him to like other doggies and play with them if possible.

what would you all of done diffrent.

chocolatepuppy
04-30-2011, 05:10 AM
I hope Hunter is ok.:( I also hope you called the police or animal control! I wouldn't feel bad about hitting(or kicking) another dog to get it off my dog,
not for a second.

pomtzu
04-30-2011, 06:50 AM
You did right. I would do anything I had to, to protect my dogs. As much as I would hate to hurt (or worse) another animal, I would do so with no hesitation, if it meant my dog's life, or theirs. I agree with chocolatepuppy too - report the incident. You just never know - the next time that dog could kill or seriously injure another - or a child even..........:mad:
Wishing Hunter a full recovery from the attack.

HoochsMommiee
04-30-2011, 10:08 AM
yes i called the aco and they told him that he needs to better care of his dog and to get a better leash and to lock the door and they gave him a 200.00 fine and next time if this were to happen they would take the dog.

hunter is doing ok today i just don't want him afraid of other dog's

Taz_Zoee
04-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Aww, poor wrinkly face Hunter. :( I think you did the right thing, for sure. I would kick, scream and beat on any dog that attacks either of my dogs. In fact, I would have probably been bitten by the dog myself.

So there are no open wounds on Hunters neck? He doesn't need to see the vet? If not, then that is a GOOD thing. But boy, that must have been so scary for you, your friend and Hunter and Hope.

I'm so glad there is no serious injuries (and I hope Hunter doesn't fear dogs now).

HoochsMommiee
04-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Nope no wounds on him at all
He is acting ok but still a little bit afraid but i am gonna work on that with him.. he's been glued to me since this happened and if i go out the door with out him he crys :(

Karen
04-30-2011, 05:13 PM
I am glad Animal Control is taking it seriously. Try to act as normal as you can around Hunter, so it doesn't reinforce clingy behavior, even though we know you want to cling to him at the moment, too!

K9karen
04-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Whew! I'm happy Hunter seems OK. Poor Boy. What an experience. Listen, when you or your pets are attacked, you should do anything you can to save them. My brother saved my life when I was attacked by pounding the dog with all his might. Didn't matter what breed (not a pit) but a huge, muscular dog. I yelled at him to go for the eyes, but I don't know if he did.

Our neighbors across the street are on their 7th or 8th dog. All considered "mean" breeds. I say that because I have never, ever seen them interact with any of their dogs. They are always tied outside to a tree in their back yard and bark almost all day. In fact, it got lose a few weeks ago, so I heard, ran after a lady and her small schnauzer. Luckily the father was inside, heard screams and grabbed the dog before anything happened. But the lady's husband went back and threatened to kill the dog. The cops were called. Don't know what happened.

Sorry to rant. Bottom line, if you can't moniter your dog, don't get one. It's treated like an object. It's disgusting.

Kisses, please on sweet Hunter and Holly. I love them.:love:

*LabLoverKEB*
05-01-2011, 01:17 AM
You did everything right and nothing wrong.

Our neighbors have an I believe 10 or so year old female Rottweiler who is very animal as well as people aggressive. This dog has bitten their daughter, the neighbor (all who required stitches) as well as gotten out and attacked dogs walking by (leashed). I'm sorry, I think it's a big sign that if your dog bites your child and the child requires stitches, for heaven's sake- out with the dog. I was once walking a neighbors dog (I take care of almost all the neighborhood animals, and love it) and this dog got out and went after the dog I was walking. I was a kid then, but if it were to happen now, I would have no problem beating that dog (or any dog for that matter) in order to save the innocent victim, weather that be an animal or a human. After another huge ordeal with this dog and STUPID people, I've threatened that if I ever see/hear of any more issues with this animal, I'll come over and shoot the dog. (Pretty sure that's not legal though) That dog is a loaded gun, in all honesty. They also have two pugs and another Rottweiler (puppy). They hardly EVER get walked, the two pugs are out of control, the Rottie puppy is never outside being socialized. I feel absolutely horrible for that puppy... it could have been a very nice dog if not in the hands of my idiotic, irresponsible neighbors.

luvofallhorses
05-01-2011, 05:36 PM
You had to do what you had to do to protect your dogs. I'd do anything to protect my dogs. The dog is not going to go after a child next, pomtzu. :rolleyes: Bully breeds are very human friendly, they just are not good with other dogs, period and a dog fight can happen in a blink of an eye. You know I love Hunter.. I hope Hunter will be OK. :)

FurkidsMom
05-01-2011, 07:15 PM
A pit mix attacked my dog unprovoked. I would do whatever is necessary to keep my dog safe. My brother came running with a shovel and luckily we were able to finally separate the dog from her grip on my dogs neck w/o having to hurt the dog. If it came down to it though, that dog would have felt the shovel. We did call the sheriff's office and reported the dog as I had no idea whose it was. You protect your own.