PDA

View Full Version : Search Feature

mrspunkysmom
04-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Today I tried to search for a post I made but couldn't remember which thread it was in. The post never shows up in SEARCH. I did find it by clicking through various threads. I had sorted the posts by date in descending order.

Is this a known issue? My post was not the only one that didn't show. I looked for the person's post that I replied to, and that didn't show in the SEARCH either.

Karen
04-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Was it a post within The Dog House? We don't have the internal search engine index those posts, as we do not particularly want people to find, for example, the political discussion first and come to pet Talk for that.

happylabs
04-29-2011, 05:31 AM
I can never get the search feature to work. I thought it was just me.

Karen
04-29-2011, 07:40 AM
happylabs, can you give me an example of search not working for you? I use it often, and don't have a problem, unless, like I mentioned, the post I'm looking for is in The Dog House.

mrspunkysmom
05-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Was it a post within The Dog House? We don't have the internal search engine index those posts, as we do not particularly want people to find, for example, the political discussion first and come to pet Talk for that.

Ahhhhhhh,

Yes it was, but it was a THURSDAY post. I knew I had posted about RICHARD and couldn't remember the thread, and had to search the entire dag-nabbit forum.

Good idea and reasoning.

Thanks