PDA

View Full Version : Home at Last Thursday #427

RICHARD
04-28-2011, 09:04 AM
The danger on the rocky shore has past
Still I remain tied to the mast
Could it be that I have found my home at last?
Home at last...
-Steely Dan

Oh my goodness.

I think that HOME COOKING should be the theme this week....Along with some home made Bailey's (thanks to Slick's recipe).

It's very nice to be home and with access to the internet. I really missed you all and promise that I will never do anything stupid like that again......

Anyway,
Some hot homemade bread, beef stew with plenty of veggies and a drink?

DONE!

Karen
04-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Welcome back! And welcome home! A tad early for stew this morning, but maybe later, okay? How about some pancakes, homemade of course, with some blueberry jam? Hard to think that you're now in my time zone, Richard! Was Eddie glad to see you?

RICHARD
04-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Welcome back! And welcome home! A tad early for stew this morning, but maybe later, okay? How about some pancakes, homemade of course, with some blueberry jam? Hard to think that you're now in my time zone, Richard! Was Eddie glad to see you?

Thank you Karen, just posted a story about Ed and explosions.

DONE?

pomtzu
04-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Hey Karen - I got a flip Belgian waffle maker for my birthday, and I've been having a ball making waffles galore. How about some with fresh blueberries in the batter? Or maybe waffles and ice cream? So yummy!!! I'll never eat just a "regular" waffle again. ;)

Welcome back Richard. Hoping that you're back for good now. So how are you enjoying the crazy weather at your new homestead? Bet you thought it would be great with no more earthquakes. Looks like you're getting a dose of nothing that you're used to. Stay safe, Friend! :love:

Catty1
04-28-2011, 10:13 AM
YAAY! Just coffee for me and a chat with RICHARD! :)

Medusa
04-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Just my usual, please; English Breakfast tea and tea biscuits. Welcome back, RICHARD. :)

gini
04-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Richard it is great to see you back here. I am so glad to hear that you are being so well taken care of - and Eddie too. Poor Eddie - I am sure he hasn't a clue what has happened to him - so he really really was happy to see the one constant in his life - YOU.

I will come back later for something to eat........but in the meantime,

Richard "will you do me a favor" :D:D - take good care of yourself from now on. You are a valuable person don't ever forget that.

Pinot's Mom
04-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Welcome back, Richard! How about a toast with Kentucky Bourbon for the occasion?:D

momoffuzzyfaces
04-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Welcome home Richard!!!

Do you like the decorations? Orc helped me hang the streamers and baloons in honor of your homecoming. (also because tomorrow is Gini's birthday).

It was so funny watching orc blow up balloons. Ever seen him high on helium? such a hoot.

I'd love some stew and a peep-tini. :love:

smokey the elder
04-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Welcome back! I'm glad you made it safely (after your hospital detour). I hope you're not near Paducah...I heard they got loads of flooding.

Someone has a waffle iron? That can only mean one thing: chicken 'n' waffles!:D:D

Karen
04-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Welcome back! I'm glad you made it safely (after your hospital detour). I hope you're not near Paducah...I heard they got loads of flooding.

Someone has a waffle iron? That can only mean one thing: chicken 'n' waffles!:D:D

Is this a Southern thing? Until recently I had never even heard of chicken 'n' waffles, and recently it has been mentioned all over the place! I never would expect them to be served together, really!

pomtzu
04-28-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm not in to waffles and chicken either - or waffles and just gravy, any more than gravy on fries. YUK!!!

However I can whip up a batch of waffles, and then dress them as you like. I just had a waffle ice cream sandwich - much more to my taste. ;)

happylabs
04-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Is this a Southern thing? Until recently I had never even heard of chicken 'n' waffles, and recently it has been mentioned all over the place! I never would expect them to be served together, really!

They are delicious! Too bad I do not eat carbs any longer. :p

pomtzu
04-28-2011, 02:28 PM
They are delicious! Too bad I do not eat carbs any longer. :p

:eek::D I'm losing it!!! I glanced at this real quick and thought it said crabs and not carbs. Now that would really be gross - crabs and waffles. :p:D

lvpets2002
04-28-2011, 02:29 PM
:) Welcome Home Richard.. Again I so enjoyed the phone conversation we had yesterday.. Hows the foot doing??

Yup some hot stew please with a LIT.. Now Orc go get some pillows for Richard to put his foot on & be his waiter today ok..

Grace
04-28-2011, 03:02 PM
No time for a drink right now - just wanted to stop in and welcome you back, Richard.

As you can tell, we missed you :)

Lady's Human
04-28-2011, 03:14 PM
We even saved a nice sit down job for you.....

Someone's got to do the dishes, and Orc is barred from that task.

RICHARD
04-28-2011, 08:43 PM
We even saved a nice sit down job for you.....

Someone's got to do the dishes, and Orc is barred from that task.

I take some time off and what goes on? Durn Orc!

Thanks Grace, Time to watch some Hawkey!

LP,

Stew and an LIIT!

Done!

POM,

Crabs and waffles? Someplace in America there is a restaurant that will serve that combo?

Karen,

Out in El Lay there was a place called Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles and it's pretty popular!

STE,

Thanks and I am in Louisville, in the middle of a bunch of rain.....

Chicken and waffles! DONE!

MOFF, Stew and Peep-tini! DONE!

PM,

I tried to get the nurses to get me some Bourbon, so I am going to wait until I can. Medication and all.

Gini.

Yes Ma'am.

Will do and I am baking you a cake as we speak.

Done.

Medusa, English tea and biscuits.

DONE!

Catty, coffee and I'll bend your ear!

DONE!

gini
04-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Karen, Richard already told you the name of the place in L.A. that serves chicken and waffles. There are three of them around town and at one point or another I have been at all three. The name is Roscoe's.

Usually you cannot get near the place because the line is out the door and up the street - and people WILL WAIT.

The waffles are to die for - they are just wonderful and the chicken is a good ol southern fry - just perfect. It may sound strange, but you just have to try it - and you will be hooked. I think they use real maple syrup too - everything is quality.

They don't serve drinks - just soft drinks, tea and coffee..............

wombat2u2004
04-29-2011, 12:51 AM
The waffles are to die for - they are just wonderful and the chicken is a good ol southern fry - just perfect. It may sound strange, but you just have to try it - and you will be hooked. I think they use real maple syrup too - everything is quality.

Ah right.....waffles, maple syrup and chicken ???
So, does this come with a glazed cherry on top to ??? :p
Sounds positively revolting.
I'll have a ham sandwich any day. :D:D

Puts me in mind of US soldier I knew in Vietnam who used to dip his chicken drumsticks into ice cream. I wasn't sure if it was shellshock or just that he was totally nuts already. I do however remember my thoughts at the time....."I gotta get out of this place" :eek::eek:

Welcome back Richard.
Sorry the place is such a mess. You can blame that on LH's inability to control the Orc. :D

lbaker
04-29-2011, 09:29 AM
I've seen the ads for Chicken & Waffle specials but it sounds yucky to me. Yet chipped beef on an English Muffin or toast is a favorite of mine... go figure. RICHARD, so wonderful to see you feeling so "RICHARDY" :D Let's see... what kind of fixins can I come up with that add a bit of bourbon to the mix? How about some ribs with a bourbon glaze? Well, its not quite 10:30 but I could start some to slow cook for lunch or an afternoon snack. :love::love:
Laurie

Catherinedana
04-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Yay!!! Welcome back!! it's no fun here without you :(

Home cooking means pasta, tomato sauce (chunky) and lots of it.

I'd have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner and will share with everyone, since I always make enough for 40 people anyway!!

Queen of Poop
04-29-2011, 10:39 AM
So glad you're back and in the usual form Richard!!

Having a cup of jasmine green tea right now to warm up because yes everyone it is snowing again! Growing weary of the dreary, chilly, snowy days.

RICHARD
04-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Karen, Richard already told you the name of the place in L.A. that serves chicken and waffles. There are three of them around town and at one point or another I have been at all three. The name is Roscoe's.

Usually you cannot get near the place because the line is out the door and up the street - and people WILL WAIT.

They don't serve drinks - just soft drinks, tea and coffee..............

Well, I think it's time to break into a Happy Birthday tune for the Ginster....

Happy Birthday!

Hi LB,

I'll have to wait for the bourbon ribs, for a while......but, lord help us when I get better!

DONE!

Hi CD,

It's good to be back.

I was really missing the whole group.

Pasta?

DONE!

QoP.

Sending you warm thoughts and weather, that is the best I can do at the moment.

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
04-29-2011, 06:08 PM
How about a vodka and 7 with a hawaiian pizza?:D

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Hey Karen - I got a flip Belgian waffle maker for my birthday, and I've been having a ball making waffles galore. How about some with fresh blueberries in the batter? Or maybe waffles and ice cream? So yummy!!! I'll never eat just a "regular" waffle again. ;)

LH and I went the other way. For the longest time we only had a Belgian waffle maker and LH searched hi and low on the internet for a regular waffle maker, the kind that you can also use as a griddle. I have a girlfriend who makes chocolate waffles and then takes the left overs and freezes them so in the summer she can use them to make ice cream sandwiches for her grandkids. You could probably make savory ones too by adding bacon pieces to the batter. My mom did that once with pancakes, they were very tasty.

BTW, welcome back Richard, since you're in our time zone now you'll be in even more trouble if you let something like that happen to you again. LH and Lady will come find you. Lady's real good at playing nurse puppy.

Lilith Cherry
04-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Welcome back Richard! I brought homemade apple and strawberry pie for dessert but first some stew please:D

pomtzu
05-01-2011, 07:17 AM
LH and I went the other way. For the longest time we only had a Belgian waffle maker and LH searched hi and low on the internet for a regular waffle maker, the kind that you can also use as a griddle. I have a girlfriend who makes chocolate waffles and then takes the left overs and freezes them so in the summer she can use them to make ice cream sandwiches for her grandkids. You could probably make savory ones too by adding bacon pieces to the batter. My mom did that once with pancakes, they were very tasty.

I've just been using the Bisquick waffle recipe, but the internet is loaded with all kinds of interesting recipes for Belgian waffles. I like to keep it simple tho - some are quite long and drawn out!

I did see one simple idea tho, which I am going to try. In place of the milk in a recipe - replace it with an equal part of your favorite ice cream - melted of course. You could make just about any flavor imaginable. I added a few spoons of strawberry preserves to one batch, then served with butter and more preserves, but would be good with strawberries and whipped cream too.

Happy Sunday - waffles anyone?????

RICHARD
05-02-2011, 06:40 PM
PM,

Vodka, 7 and a Hawaiian pizza, DONE!

LOH,

Hey you!

Thanks for the threat.;)

LH has already made it clear he will be in the area later this year to TCOB.

I promise to behave until then?

DONE!

LC,

A bowl of stew!
DONE!

While I was in the hospital I was given a strawberry - as a garnish -as part of my meal. Because of my infection and general illness, nothing tasted good to me until I ate that strawberry. The taste exploded in my mouth and it was really the best tasting strawberry I had in YEARS.

I knew at that point I was getting better and will never forget the taste and sweetness of that half a berry.

Hi POM!

katladyd
05-03-2011, 01:51 AM
Richard, how will you survive being so far away from ROSCOE'S? I've eaten fried chicken in three countries and Roscoe's is by far the best chicken I have ever tasted! And I have lived in the South before! Love the South, hate the weather :)

Lady's Human
05-03-2011, 06:40 AM
Richard, I'll be down to kick your butt sometime in the fall.

In person.

:p

RICHARD
05-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Richard, I'll be down to kick your butt sometime in the fall.

In person.

:p

How do I get myself in these situations?:eek:

Katy,

I have spied a chain called the "Waffle House" that I have to visit when I get my wheels under me again......:cool:

pomtzu
05-03-2011, 05:37 PM
How do I get myself in these situations?:eek:

Katy,

I have spied a chain called the "Waffle House" that I have to visit when I get my wheels under me again......:cool:

Waffle House is good - good - good! There's always a wait to be seated at the one just outside of town! Of course, my waffles are just as good now. :) Making a batch with blueberries in the batter tomorrow! I'll save you some if you like blueberries. ;)

So how are you feeling, anyway???

Lady's Human
05-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Waffle house can be dangerous, Richard.

Might not want to go there too often.

wombat2u2004
05-04-2011, 05:13 AM
What could be more dangerous ??
The waffle house ??
Or a swift kick in the butt by a New Yorker ??? ;)

Lady's Human
05-04-2011, 06:39 AM
Too much time at the Waffle House makes it hard to avoid the swift kick.

pomtzu
05-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Too much time at the Waffle House makes it hard to avoid the swift kick.

Makes it hard to give one, too! :p:D

pomtzu
05-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Cake and coffee anyone? There's carrot cake with cream cheese frosting freshly made this morning, and I can do coffee if anyone's up for it. It's a chilly and rainy day today - a good day for baking. Yesterday was sunny and warm. Wish this weather would settle down! :mad:

Lady's Human
05-04-2011, 10:38 AM
I wish I could just mow my lawn. We've had so much rain I can't even think about it unless someone find flotation tires for my lawn tractor.

slick
05-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Richard, how good it is to see you posting and to have you back. :love::love::love:

So how about my usual with a lemon twist????

**waves** Hi everyone. Busy at work as you can tell. :rolleyes: BFH is away for two more weeks on medical leave..... Yippee!!!!!