PDA

View Full Version : Dunkin Donuts and the Royal Wedding

Freedom
04-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Ran in to DD this afternoon for a mocha coolatta and . . . they have Royal Wedding donuts!

Both types are heart shaped!

The chocolate ones have Boston creme filling and white icing.

The vanilla (? what are none chocolate donuts? The yellow kind?) ones have ajelly filling, white icing and chocolate drizzle.

YUMMY I love my DD breaks, ha haaa. It just made me smile, as I think Will and Kate are so down to earth they would actually have DD breaks!

lvpets2002
04-27-2011, 04:52 PM
:) What companies do for a Sales Promotion..

moosmom
04-27-2011, 07:07 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Oh brother!!!!

happylabs
04-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Glad I don't eat donuts. :eek:

phesina
04-27-2011, 07:59 PM
I don't eat them either, but I may have to stop in to check those out!

Lilith Cherry
04-27-2011, 08:54 PM
I think they should have red white and blue sprinkles! LOL:D

Freedom
04-28-2011, 08:33 AM
Every day of the week! This is more appropriate for America. :)

Red white and blue are also the colors of the Union Jack!

happylabs
04-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Red white and blue are also the colors of the Union Jack!

I knew that... :p :D :cool:

Karen
04-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Folks, it is not too surprising - the current CEO and President is a Brit named Nigel Travis, so of course they'd have "royal wedding" donuts!

catnapper
04-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Am I the only one tired of the endless wedding commercials?

Even Disney Channel is having a royal wedding week showcasing all their princess movies :rolleyes:

Every magazine I open has 5 different advertisements for knockoffs of the sapphire ring.

Every time I look at TV, there's someone seeling something related to the wedding... whether its product or a TV show dedicated to it.

Enough already!

pomtzu
04-28-2011, 10:43 AM
I read a comment somewhere on here, about how obsessed that the U.S. is with the royal wedding - more so than the Brits. Are you kidding??? - London is going mad and it's a virtual zoo over there. So let them I say - it's a fairy tale and dream come true for the "commoners" to see one of their own in this prestigious position. I personally would rather see the networks flooded with this happy event, rather than the constant reporting of death and war. The happiness and glamour will be out of the news all too soon, and then we can all go back to the world as it really is in our everyday mundane life.

happylabs
04-28-2011, 12:45 PM
I read a comment somewhere on here, about how obsessed that the U.S. is with the royal wedding - more so than the Brits. Are you kidding??? - London is going mad and it's a virtual zoo over there. So let them I say - it's a fairy tale and dream come true for the "commoners" to see one of their own in this prestigious position. I personally would rather see the networks flooded with this happy event, rather than the constant reporting of death and war. The happiness and glamour will be out of the news all too soon, and then we can all go back to the world as it really is in our everyday mundane life.

LOL...speak for yourself on the mundane life. :D

pomtzu
04-28-2011, 12:59 PM
LOL...speak for yourself on the mundane life. :D

Oops - I should have said mundane as compared to the royals! :p

Freedom
04-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Every time I look at TV, there's someone selling something related to the wedding... whether its product or a TV show dedicated to it.

What? Where? I don't see any of that!!! The selling, I mean. Yes, every show has some bit of it, but selling souvenirs? All I've seen are the newspaper ad for the ring. I had to do a bit of Googling to learn what's out there, then pick up a few item off ebay.

happylabs
04-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Oops - I should have said mundane as compared to the royals! :p

Hee heeeeee.... ;)

Taz_Zoee
04-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Am I the only one tired of the endless wedding commercials?

Even Disney Channel is having a royal wedding week showcasing all their princess movies :rolleyes:

Every magazine I open has 5 different advertisements for knockoffs of the sapphire ring.

Every time I look at TV, there's someone seeling something related to the wedding... whether its product or a TV show dedicated to it.

Enough already!

You are not alone. I'm tired of it. My sister actually might stay awake and watch it. WHY??? I'll see enough pictures and video of it after.
A co-worker is going with her mom and sister to a reception for them. WHAT? A reception here in the US for people that won't be there? I don't get it.

I think the reason I'm so against all this is look what happened to Princess Diana. The paparazzi is what ended up killing her (I know it was the driver going too fast, but still).

Asiel
04-28-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm enjoying every minute of the clips we are seeing of the royal wedding. And it isn't only the U.S. that is having a huge celebration , Canadians are having a huge celebration, a fantastic meal for which we can buy tickets and they have tv creens set up in the rooms where this is being held so that all those interested can gather and enjoy it together. Next best thing to being there. I think it's a great idea , not an everyday occurence so a bit of fanfare after a long cold winter is nice.

wombat2u2004
04-29-2011, 03:43 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Oh brother!!!!

Here ya go Donna. These are for you.
Now ya can't say I don't love ya. ;)

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/royal-wedding-souvenirs-153635.jpg

wombat2u2004
04-29-2011, 03:45 AM
Oh look !!! Balloons.

Now we can celebrate the wedding in style :p:p

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/CrownJewelsCondomsofDistinctionspecialforweddingof PrinceWilliamandKateMiddleton_thumb.jpg

CountryWolf07
04-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Mike texted me at 6:30AM saying he was watching the wedding at the airport in Texas while he was waiting for his flight to Houston! He told me to turn CNN on and so I did, and I watched for about 1/2 hour then fell asleep again. I do have one thing to say, they look VERY happy together. And Kate's wedding dress? BEAUTIFUL!!

happylabs
04-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Well, I said I wasn't going to watch it but I got up early this morning and turned on the TV to watch the news and realized the wedding was going on so I just left it on and saw the actual ceremony. Her dress was very pretty. I think she had a bit too much make-up on, however, that may have had something to do with being on television. They make a lovely couple and I hope they live happily ever after!

sparks19
04-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Love them or hate them (all though I don't understand the HATRED about it all) this is HISTORY in the making. this is an important event whether each individual cares about it or not....

and businesses aren't stupid lol they know how to take advantage of events like these for their own gain :)

As for Disney... Hannah is loving princess week lol. Today I got her a dress at the consignment event. It was obviously a flower girl dress. it's very sparkly, lots of chiffon and it's pure white.... $5. lol she had to put it on right away and everyone was asking her if she was on her way to the royal wedding and calling her "your majesty" lol

With all the SADNESS on the news... I am SO very happy to hear a happy story no matter who or what it's about :)

I didn't watch it but I saw pictures of kate in her gown... stunning. She is such a natural beauty and her dress looks gorgeous on her.

Freedom
04-29-2011, 02:53 PM
I enjoyed watching so much. The colors were so bright, everyone was so happy! What a change from recent news (Japan, middle USA, Afghanistan) The history is amazing! And trees in the Abbey? WOW!! :D