PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Photoshop HELP!

jenluckenbach
11-03-2002, 11:59 AM
Sorry this isn't animal related, but actually it is......anyway.......
Does any one know how to use adobe photoshop? If you do all I really need to know is IF you can and HOW to crop a picture. Like, for example, take my cat picture and crop it so it is only a head shot.

Thanks in advance

wolf_Q
11-03-2002, 12:07 PM
Cropping a photo in adobe photoshop is very easy. You just choose the crop tool from the toolbar. What version of photoshop are you using? I'm looking at Photoshop 5.0 right now...the crop tool is the very top left one. Except you have to hold down on the button to get your different choices. I'm not sure how to describe it. It's kind of like a dark black square with a line through it and overlapping edges. Just choose that tool and then hold it down over the pic and move it to create what size of square you want. There's more to it then this, but I'm having a hard time explaining it lol.

Karen
11-03-2002, 12:27 PM
There's an even easier way. With the "marquee" tool, you know, the dotted-line box tool, again the default tool in the upper left corner, you can draw a box around the area you want, then go to the image menu, and select "crop." Done! Save!

koxka
11-03-2002, 04:12 PM
Jen, a good thing to do firts is to duplicate the picture, not that is needed to crop a picture, but that way the original one is always untouched and "safe". Go to the bar menu, click on image and select duplicate. Now you are ready to work on your picture and make all the devilish things you want to do :D.
I also find that the marquee tool is easier than the crop one. But there is more, if you go to the bar and open the edit menu there's a free transform and a transform with a sub-menu ...well just try them. Your original picture is safe, do you remember? ;)

Miss Meow
11-03-2002, 05:47 PM
I woke up in the middle of the night last night going, ahhhh I need help with Photoshop 6.

If I have a picture with say, red tinsel on a Christmas tree, is there an easy way of turning all the red tinsel another colour, say yellow?

I am working on my Christmas cards now and you are all going to think I'm a raving loonie, but this is so much fun :D

jenluckenbach
11-03-2002, 06:13 PM
Bless you all. I have been driving myself crazy!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I can get down to some serious card making!!!!!!!
Oh, be prepared, I may have more questions.

koxka
11-03-2002, 06:21 PM
NIcole, if you want to sent it to me I think I can do it for you it 's easier to do than explain . :rolleyes:

You know I'm on a PhotoShop course now. and practice a lot at home and painting and drawing course soon. maybe after x.mas., but this is a secret. :o
Jen the offer is extended to you too
(It's free is not marketplace.:cool: )

Anna

Karen
11-03-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
I woke up in the middle of the night last night going, ahhhh I need help with Photoshop 6.

If I have a picture with say, red tinsel on a Christmas tree, is there an easy way of turning all the red tinsel another colour, say yellow?

I am working on my Christmas cards now and you are all going to think I'm a raving loonie, but this is so much fun :D

Yes, there is. If the tinsel is the only red thing in the picture, it's easy. Go under image to Adjustments to Hue/Saturation then when that dialog box comes up, where it says Master, click and scroll down to select Reds. Then you can slide the slider to change to the color to any hue you want!

If you have other stuff that is red that you want to STAY red, you'll have to select the tinsel first, then Adjustments-Hue/Saturation-Reds.

Miss Meow
11-03-2002, 10:41 PM
Thanks Karen and Anna, it's all under control :) Anna, I can't send it to you as it's the Christmas card!!!

Hope you're cropping away Jen!