PDA

View Full Version : Cataract Surgery April 27 UD #15!

K9karen
04-26-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm having cataract surgery on my "good" eye (left) tomorrow. I had a detached retina on my right eye last year and it's been "glued" together, so my vision is impaired, like the worse near sightedness with gel, so glasses or contacts don't work. But since I also had cataract surgery on that eye, at least everything is bright.

I'm a nervous wreck, in a snit. God Forbid anything goes wrong, I'll be almost blind. I'm not normally pesimisstic, but anything cvan happen. The doc is awesome and has done a gazillion removals, including my mom and friends. But, still, it my EYE!

I'm his last surgery of the day, at 3p, so I won't be unable to see for less than 24 hours. The bandages will be removed Thursday morning.

John flew in from LA to stay with me. Then a friend of his popped in from out of town on the way to Memphis, so he's been trudging along to appointments with us. He's very zen so is non-plussed about anything.

Da** I'm going to miss Criminal Minds. I'll try to listen to it. Some things are just important, you know.

Sorry to vent, I know people are totally blind, and it's a thought I dread, and I'm really scared. The end.

Karen
04-26-2011, 11:34 PM
We'll say a prayer for you, and everything will look better. My big brother had a cataract removed in his "good" eye when he was just 43, called me a couple days later to say "Y'know what? Grass is green!" and he was very happy to see things in real color again.

I have a small cataract in my right eye, nothing actionable yet, but some of us just get them, better it be gone sooner than later!

krazyaboutkatz
04-27-2011, 01:31 AM
I hope that everything goes well and that you're able to see great out of this eye again.:) Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

My dad had surgery for detached retinas in both of his eyes. It was about 10 years apart so the second surgery was much better than the firstone. Since it's hereditary, I now have to have my eyes dilated when I get them checked to make sure that everything is okay. My mom had cataract surgery and one of her eyes turned out better than the other one for some reason but she can still see well and does wear glasses.

Queen of Poop
04-27-2011, 05:02 AM
Sending good thoughts for you today. My dad had cataract surgery just a few months ago and it went fabulous, he sees so much better now. I'm certain the same will be true for you! :love:

chocolatepuppy
04-27-2011, 05:04 AM
Prayers that all will go well Karen, as I'm sure it will.:)

Randi
04-27-2011, 05:49 AM
Lots of positive thoughts that your surgery goes well. :) Like Karen, I have a small cataract in one eye, but nothing has to be done yet. My vet's book keeper had surgery for cateract and she is so happy about it.

Purrs from Fister, also. :love:

pomtzu
04-27-2011, 06:00 AM
I had cataract surgery on both eyes 3 years ago - 3 weeks apart. It was the quickest, most pain free surgery that I ever had. I was in and out of the surgery center in about an hour with each. It's was amazing to see true colors again, and wonderful to no longer have to wear glasses, except for reading. I'd do in again in a heartbeat! :D
Good luck - you'll do just fine.

Freedom
04-27-2011, 07:27 AM
Good luck!

My Dad has his left eye done in January, gets the right eye done in June. (It was difficult dealing with all the after appointments w/ snow and an 84 year old, so we waited).

Before surgery, his left eye was worse than 20/200. With 24 hours, it was 20/25!

Yes, it is YOUR eye, and you are going to be nervous. Focus on the positive -- it is common surgery, many many successes and YOU are going to be one of them!

phesina
04-27-2011, 07:58 AM
Prayers and good wishes that all goes well with your eye surgery!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Asiel
04-27-2011, 08:09 AM
I had my right eye done in January . After a very bad experience with the wrong surgeon I was ready to forget the whole thing but thanks to the encouragement and pep talk from a great friend I decided to go ahead with it after seeing another surgeon. All I can say is - it was a piece of cake , exactly as I had been told. Unbelievable the difference it made, it's a new world out there. I can actually see colours instead of just grey and white or dirty yellow. I'm now waiting to get the left eye done but we have a long waiting list here, I'm hoping to have it done this year , summer would be nice as battling the snow and cold at 4:00 am was the only hard part.

lizbud
04-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Prayers and best wishes for all to go well with your surgery.:)
When you go in tomorrow, just remember this thread and all the good
vibes that are going out to you from everyone here on PT.:love: (((Hugs)))

Catty1
04-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Prayers and good thoughts that your good eye will be your BEST eye.:love::love::love:

lvpets2002
04-27-2011, 11:17 AM
:) Sending Lots of Prayers & Huggss that all goes well.. Hoping for speedy healing & get well soon..

Marigold2
04-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Wishing you the best. I work for an Ophthalmologist. Best advice do what he tells you. Wear your shield whenever you sleep. Take your drops as directed and enjoy that new eye. Sorry to hear about the detached retina, it's a bi%$h

K9karen
04-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Was home by 5p!!! WHEN I awoke, despite the clear eye guard and tape, I could see across the room! I have never been so happy, elated, thrilled, over the moon, beyond myself, ecstatic. What more can I say? All my life I wished I could see better. No coke bottle glasses, losing contacts etc. I don't know what I did right, but I'm watching TV from across the room. I'll know more tomorrow after the exam. Now I can't use my reading glasses..have to find a weaker pair! A dream come true. OK if I have to wear glasses and still use a contact, but my results are remarkable. My good eye is my GOOD eye! When I focus together,my vision is almost fine. I'll never sleep tonight. I've been giggling all night!

My eye doc is going to be smothered with kisses. I feel blessed so far, a wish come true. I can't even explain how I feel.

Thanks a zillion for all your prayers and well wishes, as usual, they worked! On the way home, I was reading signs! John and I were boogying in the car!

krazyaboutkatz
04-28-2011, 01:20 AM
This is wonderful news!!!!:D I'm thrilled for you. I hope that your exam goes well tomorrow and that you're able to continue to see perfectly with this eye. Good luck.:)

Freedom
04-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Goodie Goodie Gum Drops! :D

Marigold2
04-28-2011, 08:46 AM
So happy for you.
We live in a great time for many reasons.

mrspunkysmom
04-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Outstanding! :D

gini
04-28-2011, 10:04 PM
What do rabbits do when they are happy? I think it is binkies ........they jump up and around at the same time.

Well, I will do some binkies for you, because this is such amazing and wonderful news for you to have such good sight.

Yes, we do live in a wonderful time - and it gets better all of the time with the research being done in so many medical areas.

Karen, I really am happy for you.

K9karen
04-28-2011, 10:22 PM
HEY! Have I told you guys I can SEE???

Burst into tears when I saw the doc. He explained his "allergies" when his eyes teared up! He said he was so happy since my sight was one of the worse he's seen. My vision in the left eye is now 20/25. I can drive, do anything but bend my head below my waist and lift more than 5 pounds, so I took a deserved day off and loafed with Logan. Still on eye drops for 3 weeks, but big deal.

Did I tell you guys I can SEE???? :D:D:D:D:D

Catty1
04-29-2011, 08:58 AM
WHEEEEEEEE! You can SEEEEEEE!!!!!

I can identify only slightly as I went without seeing an eye doctor for several years. When I got my new glasses - WOW!

But you can actually see now! Are you counting Logan's eyelashes one by one, because you CAN?

Have a great happy lazy day!:D:D:D

mrspunkysmom
04-29-2011, 07:10 PM
HEY! Have I told you guys I can SEE???

Burst into tears when I saw the doc. He explained his "allergies" when his eyes teared up! He said he was so happy since my sight was one of the worse he's seen. My vision in the left eye is now 20/25. I can drive, do anything but bend my head below my waist and lift more than 5 pounds, so I took a deserved day off and loafed with Logan. Still on eye drops for 3 weeks, but big deal.

Did I tell you guys I can SEE???? :D:D:D:D:D

Yes :D I know that feeling. Had surgery in 93 and the difference was amazing. Even before early cataracts, my vision was dismal although I could drive. It's so great now, I don't always wear my glasses. I was just a tickled pink back then as you are now. Implants replaced bad lenses and it's been great.

So happy for you. :D

K9karen
04-30-2011, 10:59 PM
HEY! Have I told you guys I can see??? :D:D:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek:

I've been calling all my friends 3-5x a day with that question and they love it! Sorry, I had to type it too!.

I drove all day today! Always hated driving because I couldn't see far enough in advance . Hated driving at night.

Every night i almost pull a contact out of my eye. oops. don't have to! Wake up, and OMG! I don't need my specs! I can see the huge LED alarm clock from across the room, not blurry red dots.

I can see in the shower! This summer I can swim without worrying about a lens popping out in the pool.

I pray I'm not jumping the gun and that I stay the same or even get better. I'm not very religious, but I dropped to my knees. Prayers to my awesome eye doc.

OK I'll STOP. I promise. I'm just beside myself with GLEE!

pomtzu
05-01-2011, 07:06 AM
Go ahead and sing for joy all that you want!! I did the same, and I was just totally blown away at the wonderful results - and loved seeing true colors again and no more glasses required. Such a simple, quick and pain free surgery with such amazing results.

I still don't like driving at night tho.......:(

Catty1
05-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Karen, I've been meaning to ask this - but can you SEE? :D:p:D

Randi
05-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Karen, I'm SO happy for you!! :D

gini
05-01-2011, 11:18 AM
So, how did the eye surgery go?:D:D

:love::love:

phesina
05-01-2011, 01:46 PM
That's fantastic news!!! We're so glad it went so well for you!

Freckles
05-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Hmmm, she must be out driving up a storm!

AdoreMyDogs
05-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Karen, you are delightful and adorable! I love your energy! I'm so happy for you. Big, huge hugs!!!

Randi
10-12-2018, 11:21 AM
I will most likely have a cataract operation soon. My eye doctor said before Christmas if I decide to have it done, but I'm scared! However, something has to be done, I cannot read the text on TV when I cover my right eye, and everything is a bit blurred anyway... has been for a while. He said I could choose a certain private clinic, which has very good reviews, or the best hospital that deals with eye operations. So I have to decide.

My eye doctor suggested I get it done so I go down from minus 5,5 to minus 2,5 - because I told him I have had glasses since I was 14-15 years old, and I would feel and look strange without them. I would love to have glasses with thinner glass, and I would like to be able to read in bed without glasses, as I do now.

This is link to the clinic in Hellerup, just north of the city. There a video the shows the procedure.
https://www.hellerupeye.dk/graa-staer-operation/

My brother in law had it done earlier this year, he is 11 years older than me and is happy about it. Like him, I think I have to have the eye dripped three times a day, but I don't think I can do that.

Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks! :love:

Karen
10-12-2018, 12:42 PM
I would say "go for it!" My big brother had his first cataract surgery in his forties. He called me a couple days afterward and said, "Did you know grass is green? I mean, really green!' It made a big positive difference for him.

phesina
10-12-2018, 01:56 PM
Randi, early this year I had cataract surgery, both eyes, the second a month or so after the first. It all went just great, and I can see so much better now! No more multi-color halos around bright lights at night.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler

mon
10-12-2018, 08:35 PM
Can you get cataract surgery a few months apart. My mother in law is here again, she lives in Mexico. She just announced she will arrive here in a few more months to get here cataracts lasered, one at a time of course. She says she will stay with us at least a month. OMG! She has done nothing in the 25 yrs. she has invited herself over for weeks every year. Not a cup has she washed. Now the Queen is going to fly in from Mexico, stay here and plant her ass for a month. I think I'm going to have a heart attack. REALLY!!!!!? Please kill me. Please.